The Forumlurker

Logo Problems

9 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is just me or my computer...

But does the 17th Shard logo look a little bit off to anyone else???

logo.PNG.f1c6c0e7a223d72d34380b74fca95a7a.PNG

Am I going crazy here cause I could swear something looks wrong!

Yeah that's very off center. I have absolutely no idea why that would happen.

It's due to the small width your viewport is. You must have a monitor less than 1366 wide. The smaller the screen is the more things compensate until the tablet UI and mobile UI take over.

I could potentially raise the threshold where a tablet UI takes control, as there is some weirdness near the threshold.

Chaos,

You are probably told this every other day or something, but I just want to thank you for all the work you put into the 17th Shard every day. You have become a figure head of the forums. Not just because you are the head admin and creator of this site, but because you take time out of your day to make every second of being on here enjoyable for each and every one of the 22,137 (and rising) users. You even take the time to record and edit Shardcast, the best podcast I've ever listened to. You are truly an inspiration.

Thank you,

The Forumlurker

20 hours ago, The Forumlurker said:

Chaos,

You are probably told this every other day or something, but I just want to thank you for all the work you put into the 17th Shard every day. You have become a figure head of the forums. Not just because you are the head admin and creator of this site, but because you take time out of your day to make every second of being on here enjoyable for each and every one of the 22,137 (and rising) users. You even take the time to record and edit Shardcast, the best podcast I've ever listened to. You are truly an inspiration.

Thank you,

The Forumlurker

You are extremely kind. Thank you for the kind words. I am very glad you like Shardcast. They probably take somewhere like 10 hours to edit each week until they get posted...

Speaking of, can you tell me your screen's resolution? I can likely tinker the logo positioning and do some stuff to alter this.

Here you go:

Screen Width: 1024 pixels

Screen Height: 768 pixels

Oh wow, you're on a really old one, that is an ancient display, friend.

Not sure if I could ever optimize it for that screen size properly, but I also don't want to throw you into the tablet view.

Posted (edited)

Don't worry about it then. If its going to be difficult to fix I'll just put up with it. Besides, its not really a functional error just a minor visual problem. I was just  worried about others having this problem.

Um...Is my computer really that old?

Edited by The Forumlurker

5 hours ago, The Forumlurker said:

Don't worry about it then. If its going to be difficult to fix I'll just put up with it. Besides, its not really a functional error just a minor visual problem. I was just  worried about others having this problem.

Um...Is my computer really that old?

Monitors with that resolution are very uncommon these days and have not been produced in a long time, at least 5 years, to my recollection.