NiceDoughnut991

Awakened sword

Question

I've been reading about the process of awakening, and the coppermind says that soulcast human bodies are relatively easy to awaken. If you were to soulcast a human body into wood, carve it into a sword, then simulcast into metal, would it be easier to awaken than a normal sword?

4 answers to this question

Maybe.

Questioner

So the lighteyes that get Soulcast into stone, can they be Awakened?

Brandon Sanderson

*pause* So… Yes, but their soul is gone. When they get Soulcast into stone it is only the corpse, so yes they could.

Questioner

Would it be a lifeless or a-- Would it be like Awakening something inorganic or would them once being alive help?

Brandon Sanderson

The fact that they were once alive will help. There's a Spiritual Connection that still exists on the Spiritual Realm and that is going to help. But you're not going to get the person back. The fact that it is the exact form of a person is going to be really helpful. It would be a lot easier to Awaken that than it would be to Awaken other stone.

I think by that point any difference between your sword and an ordinary metal sword would be pretty minimal. You've already taken something that was once human, transformed it once, then reshaped it and transformed it again. The multiple transformations are probably going to fuzz up the Spiritual Connection of 'used to be human' that was there originally and by carving the wood from the first transformation you've taken something that resembled life and turned it into something that does not. Law of BioChromatic Parallelism and all that.

I agree with Weltall, especially if this process takes a year or so.

I think the only reason that awakening the bodies is easier is because they are human shaped and are recognized as having been human.  A sword made from one of these would not fit either category.