New Recruit, long time fan

SaphicColours

5 minutes ago, Karger said:

Alright then would you care to check out the Jasnah v Kaladin debate and offer a verdict?

Also please provide us some detail about yourself books read, favorite order, how you picked up the first one?

Yeah sure, I'll check it out right after this.

Let's see... I've read/listened to the audio books for Mistborn Era 1 & 2, Elantris, Warbreaker, Arcanum Unbound, and the Stormlight books released so far. I've read White Sands 1, but not vol 2 yet.

I picked up my first book, Mistborn, when I had my first brain surgery at 17 (about 9 years ago), but didn't invest (pun intended) a lot of time or love until I read Way of Kings. This was because of the headaches I dealt with after my brain surgery that made reading difficult. Thankfully, I've healed since then so they aren't as frequent and rarely so bad.

Oddly enough, I've struggled a lot with the Mistborn series in general because I'm unsure how I to feel about it. Lots of conflicting feelings there, most of the bad being completely unfair and undeserved. 

2 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Would you like a cookie?

Do you like hats?

Of course I do! I wouldn't be a very good lesbian if I didnt have a beanie at all times regardless of the weather or climate.

32 minutes ago, SaphicColours said:

Negative points for baked good, metaphysical or otherwise.

Welcome! What order of the Knights Radiant would you say would belong to?

Also, did you get the metaphysical baked goods bit from Invocation? He has been offering evil ones lately.

Edited by Lunamor

39 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Welcome! What order of the Knights Radiant would you say would belong to?

Also, did you get the metaphysical baked goods bit from Invocation? He has been offering evil ones lately.

Yes I did! I read through the exchange before posting. It made me laugh so I thought I'd keep that proverbial ball rolling a bit.

That's a tough one, as I'm really unsure. Is there a test I can take? Without such, I would guess Edgedancer, Stoneward, or Willshaper. I know that sounds a bit contradictory but it happens.

I could probably tell you which I think I wouldn't be... Elsecaller, Dustbringer/Releaser (if Malata is to be archetypical of their personality), and Truthwatcher.

I wouldn't mind being a Windrunner, Skybreaker, bondsmith, or lightweaver. But I'm not sure if or how much I fit with those. 

Edited by SaphicColours
Words are hard

16 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

As it turns out, my guess was pretty spot on. Odd.

I got Stoneward and Willshaper in equal amounts (36), and Edgedancer (31) only a little after that. Skybreaker (28) and Lightweaver (21)  after that, followed by Truthwatcher and bondsmith (Between 10 and 15)  Elsecaller, Windrunner, and Dustbringer were my lowest (being 5 at most, zero on 2 of them)

3 minutes ago, Karger said:

Unfortunately no but assigned me completely wrong. 

Really? Weird. It is the only one that seems to not replace Truthwatcher with Edgedancer all the time. I guess it might be not as accurate for other orders.

19 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Really? Weird. It is the only one that seems to not replace Truthwatcher with Edgedancer all the time. I guess it might be not as accurate for other orders.

Are there any other quizzes out there? For stormlight and for the other worlds. I'd love to see what kind of metalurgist or feruchemist I would be.

Just now, Invocation said:

They're not evil! I gave you the anti-spike monkey bread!

Also, hello! Welcome to the Shard! What's your favorite magic system?

Favorite magic system is a tough one. Awakening, Metalurgy, Feruchemy, and surgebinding are all amazing to me.

I'm probably as interested in the concept/practice of twinborn as much as I am surgebinding, with awakening falling behind those. At least from those that I really know so far.

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

And then you gave me spiked tea! The monkey bread was a setup to get me to drink the tea!!!!

Not my fault you chose to eat the monkey bread first!

1 hour ago, SaphicColours said:

Favorite magic system is a tough one. Awakening, Metalurgy, Feruchemy, and surgebinding are all amazing to me.

I'm probably as interested in the concept/practice of twinborn as much as I am surgebinding, with awakening falling behind those. At least from those that I really know so far.

There's just so many of them that are good, so I feel you on the difficulty of that choice. I'd have to agree that the future of Twinborn and the rest of the Metallic Arts is intriguing. 

3 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Not my fault you chose to eat the monkey bread first!

There's just so many of them that are good, so I feel you on the difficulty of that choice. I'd have to agree that the future of Twinborn and the rest of the Metallic Arts is intriguing. 

I was a bit sad to hear about Mistborns and Full Feruchemists being a thing of the past, and even the mistborns that were made after being at a significant power drop. I was hoping to see another mistborn or full feruchemist. But I'm also extremely interested in seeing what resonances twinborns end up making, and seeing the effects of compounding.

Just now, SaphicColours said:

I was a bit sad to hear about Mistborns and Full Feruchemists being a thing of the past, and even the mistborns that were made after being at a significant power drop. I was hoping to see another mistborn or full feruchemist. But I'm also extremely interested in seeing what resonances twinborns end up making, and seeing the effects of compounding.

You want to know a secret? We'll get to see a Mistborn again.

A Mistborn serial killer is the main villain of Era 3. ;)

4 minutes ago, Invocation said:

The killer is a Mistborn, though the other way around sounds kind of funny.

I thought so too. When I first heard about a mistborn serial killer that's how I took it: that the serial killers victims were mistborn.

The other option "the serial killer IS a mistborn" makes things dramatically different, and interesting, albeit in a completely different way.

1 minute ago, SaphicColours said:

I thought so too. When I first heard about a mistborn serial killer that's how I took it: that the serial killers victims were mistborn.

The other option "the serial killer IS a mistborn" makes things dramatically different, and interesting, albeit in a completely different way.

Have you read through Bands of Mourning yet? I'm about to dive into a theory that's been floating around for a bit but I need to know that first.