Mid-Range Game 34: Death by Lantern Light

Sart

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Well, not much has happened since I last got on, so, for the purposes of survival, plus with some reasoning, I'll vote for Snipexe. It seems like it would be a good plan for elims to have one teammate suggest to pick up the gun, then have another actually do it, or back out, so that if anyone dies from picking up the gun, it isn't any of them. 

This logic doesn't make much sense, as I claimed to go for the gun after Stink did. If my goal was a gun fake out, it would have been invalidated by the claim before hand. If my goal was to prevent the loss of life, then why even claim at all. My claim as I have previously said was based on something I had planned from the beginning.

What's interesting about this post is how it relates to me. If CadCom is killed and flips elim, then it heavily implies I am an elim,  (seeing as how I have defended him). That would lead the village onto me as another likely target (3 elims seems likely for this number of people), even if there is a lack of evidence against me, this above post would likely lead to some claim of distancing, similar to how Cad Com is being lynched at the moment based on their interaction with Lum. If CadCom is an elim, this likely means he saw how we have leapt on that specific post, and so has decided to attempt the same with a villager.

The town began arguing among itself over item stewardship. Sonofa hadn't safeguarded the Crab and Snip had made overtures about taking the gun. The town was ready to kill. Snip tried to remain quiet, meekly saying that once Huld had claimed the gun, he had backed off. On the other hand, Sonofa loudly protested their innocence. The town seemed split down the middle, until it was revealed that Joel had been bribed to remove his vote on Sonofa. The town wouldn't stand for that, and attacked Sonofa. Sonofa grimaced, but then hordes of Chalklings spew out from his mouth. The town managed to not lose anyone in the deluge, and a knife to the throat ended Sonofa's attack.

Vote Count:
Cadmium Compounder (2): Elandera, Arraenae
Snipexe (2): Cadmium Compounder, STINK

Cadmium Compounder was lynched. They were a Forgotten.

Camp Supply:

Hide contents

2 Pieces of Chalk
4 Bribes
1 Spring-Powered Crab

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. @Elandera - Tahree Fields
  2. Furamirionind: Loren Menza Soldier
  3. @A Joe in the Bush - Joel Tawson
  4. Cadmium Compounder: Sonofa Gun Forgotten
  5. Mailliw772 (Logmul): Lumgol Forgotten
  6. @xinoehp512 - Rogiv
  7. @xxGaea - Iria Byrd
  8. @STINK - RP Character TBD
  9. @Kidpen - Snapizar
  10. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Caccoo Moreau
  11. @Arraenae - Kally
  12. @NotASteelClone - Steel Kid the Science Squid
  13. @Snipexe - Snip

This cycle will end on April 10th, 9 PM EST. Here's a timer

Edited by Sart
Add in timer

Another unlucky coinflip for the elims. Nobody was killed last cycle, but I'm not willing to say that's because the third elim was inactive. With the help of the lantern I started the game with, I was able to confirm that CadCom did indeed go for a crab, which means he was not the one to bribe Joe. If nobody claims to be the briber, I will assume that the third elim was the one to bribe Joe, and was thus not able to submit a kill.

15 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Well crap, I’m screwed this cycle aren’t I.

With how the voting all panned out, I actually don't suspect that post to be distancing. At the time, Kidpen had a vote on him still and hadn't posted. If you were elim as well, I'd figure he'd go for the Kidpen vote, rather than dragging a second elim into the top spots.

6 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Another unlucky coinflip for the elims. Nobody was killed last cycle, but I'm not willing to say that's because the third elim was inactive. With the help of the lantern I started the game with, I was able to confirm that CadCom did indeed go for a crab, which means he was not the one to bribe Joe. If nobody claims to be the briber, I will assume that the third elim was the one to bribe Joe, and was thus not able to submit a kill.

It's a bit strange they'd go for the tie (50% chance, if Snip is village, which I consider likely) rather than the kill (100% chance of village/thief kill). I wonder if they had the action submitted and never returned after the tie was broken.

*does math*

Ah. I thought I still had another couple minutes and was going to procrastinate until the last minute. Oh well, a couple thoughts (and increased activity) now.

The Snipexe vote honestly seems pretty weird to me. Like, Snip didn't even claim to be actually going for the gun, he just said he was considering it. Unless there was some reason I missed, I'm not planning to vote on him.

19 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Well crap, I’m screwed this cycle aren’t I.

Nope.

Just now, Elandera said:

With how the voting all panned out, I actually don't suspect that post to be distancing. At the time, Kidpen had a vote on him still and hadn't posted. If you were elim as well, I'd figure he'd go for the Kidpen vote, rather than dragging a second elim into the top spots.

It's a bit strange they'd go for the tie (50% chance, if Snip is village, which I consider likely) rather than the kill (100% chance of village/thief kill). I wonder if they had the action submitted and never returned after the tie was broken.

Well at this point in time, it would make more sense to try to preserve a member of their team having already lost one, then to gain another kill. Having another player allows them to have a kill and actions, rather then one or the other

2 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Well at this point in time, it would make more sense to try to preserve a member of their team having already lost one, then to gain another kill. Having another player allows them to have a kill and actions, rather then one or the other

It's true, but they're under a time crunch with the thief's win-con. Missing a village kill for a 50% chance only of surviving was risky at best.

Edited by Elandera
My English is no good today. Brain has checked out for the week.

"Steel Kid, Rogiv, Kally, and Snapizar." Joel listed them off his fingers one by one, then hesitated. "And maybe Tahree, though ah don't think my gut distrust of her is based in reality. But everyone else ah Trust."

After he listed them off, Caccoo mentioned the bribe Joel.had accepted last night. He fingered the heavy coins in his pocket awkwardly. "Ah'm not certain ah like what you're saying. You're implying that a friendly soldier who bribed me would own up to it, but you're also implying that if they don't, they gotta be Evil. Ah don't think that Ah would confess if ah accidentally tried to save a Forgotten without realizing it."

Since it's come up in a couple of PMs, I just want to make this clear. If the Thief wins, all other players lose. If the Thief wins on the same cycle that the Soldiers of the Forgotten win, they share the victory with that respective team.

Edited by Sart

7 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Now, why would you say that, Snip?

I mean look at the previous cycle. I had a post defending Cad Com, and then Cad Com essentially did what basically appeared to be distancing, and then the last post before the cycle ended was mine basically saying if Cad Com is an elim, then I am being set up.

And the of course Cad Com did flip elim.

Joel Tawson watched as Kally left the tent, and once she was gone, got up to clasp it shut. He opened up his trunk and withdrew an old bed sheet upon which he had been sketching an intricate web of relations and deceptions perpetrated by the soldiers here.

"Kally," he muttered, "Rogiv, Steel Kid, and Snapizar. One of them murdered Loren." And apparently.one of them had robbed Steel Kid? Or maybe that was someone else. A trusted Soldier. No, deal with the Forgotten suspects first.

He had approached each of them in turn, made implications, promises, and threats, in an attempt to trick one of them into revealing themself. None had. Had they?

He pulled out his transcripts of the conversations. He had outright accused Rogiv of being the Forgotten, had claimed he had proof, but the man was just confused.

To Snapizar, he had implied he was a thief, willing to protect him in order to increase his own profits. The man had reacted with disgust, threatening to get him lynched unless he helped find the Forgotten.

To Steel, he had appealed to his carefree sense of fun, offering him help in extending the Great Game. The soldier had smirked, and declined the offer without much comment at all.

And to Kally, he had made an offer, and she was amused. She asked why he would have made the offer, in a tone that said she already knew. Then implied that she was hardly paying attention to the others.

Joel tapped the two transcripts. Steel Kid had been robbed. Had he? Or had he claimed to be robbed to throw off the trail, while instead he grabbed something from the supplies, or while he robbed Sonofa? Unlikely, but distinctly possible knowing him. And Kally knew something she wasn't saying.

He put the sheet away and closed the Trunk.

"Thank you everyone for coming." He spoke carefully and slowly, ensuring that no one misheard him. "I think it is time to unmask Loren's murderer. I believe it to be either Kally or Steel, with the other likely being the Thief. I think Kally is more likely to be either Thief or Forgotten, and will be casting my vote on her. In the interest of efficancy, I would appreciate it if Ol' Huld would shoot Steel Kid."

"Any questions?"

Arraenae

3 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

"Thank you everyone for coming." He spoke carefully and slowly, ensuring that no one misheard him. "I think it is time to unmask Loren's murderer. I believe it to be either Kally or Steel, with the other likely being the Thief. I think Kally is more likely to be either Thief or Forgotten, and will be casting my vote on her. In the interest of efficancy, I would appreciate it if Ol' Huld would shoot Steel Kid."

"Any questions?"

Arraenae

This seems a reasonable conclusion. Let me look into her posts. Her first post C1 was expressing doubt about sharing items. While I don't think that's fully alignment indicative, it probably means she's not the thief. The second post was RP and a poke vote on Xino.

It's C2 that I find interesting.

The first post seems like it could easily have been distancing. Someone was bound to point out Lum's post, so it would make sense for the final teammate to point it out as a way to get ahead of suspicion. I also find it a bit suspect that she didn't vote on CadCom until 24 hours later, once there was a vote on CadCom as well as a few other people.

With the use of a bribe, putting CadCom one vote ahead with almost a full day left wouldn't be a big risk, especially since CadCom hadn't gotten on and voted yet.

I've been skimming through the last few cycles, and haven't come up with much else in the way of suspicion on other people, so I'll place my vote here for now.

Arraenae

20 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

You're implying that a friendly soldier who bribed me would own up to it, but you're also implying that if they don't, they gotta be Evil. Ah don't think that Ah would confess if ah accidentally tried to save a Forgotten without realizing it."

I'm assuming that it was a Forgotten that attempted to save CadCom, because of the lack of a kill and because there didn't seem to be too many people willing to use up the bribe they began the game with to save CadCom. Snip would not have used a bribe when such a thing might have led to his death.

10 hours ago, Snipexe said:

I mean look at the previous cycle. I had a post defending Cad Com, and then Cad Com essentially did what basically appeared to be distancing, and then the last post before the cycle ended was mine basically saying if Cad Com is an elim, then I am being set up.

If you and CadCom were both elims, it would have been pretty easy for him to save himself by voting for Kidpen instead. With one Forgotten already dead, needlessly ensuring that another one dies would be foolish. You could still be the thief, but I doubt that you're Forgotten.

Since it's come up in a couple of places, here's the order of actions.

Order of Actions: Acid -> Stealing -> Chalk, Crab, Bribe, Lantern, and giving an item away -> Lynch -> Forgotten Kill and Gun -> Taking Items from the Supply

As an aside: For the Thief to win, they need four unique items at the end of the cycle. That means if they die on the cycle where they gain their fourth item, they do not win, and the game continues.

14 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

And to Kally, he had made an offer, and she was amused. She asked why he would have made the offer, in a tone that said she already knew. Then implied that she was hardly paying attention to the others.

Joel tapped the two transcripts. Steel Kid had been robbed. Had he? Or had he claimed to be robbed to throw off the trail, while instead he grabbed something from the supplies, or while he robbed Sonofa? Unlikely, but distinctly possible knowing him. And Kally knew something she wasn't saying.

He put the sheet away and closed the Trunk.

"Any questions?"

Arraenae

10 hours ago, Elandera said:

This seems a reasonable conclusion. Let me look into her posts. Her first post C1 was expressing doubt about sharing items. While I don't think that's fully alignment indicative, it probably means she's not the thief. The second post was RP and a poke vote on Xino.

It's C2 that I find interesting.

The first post seems like it could easily have been distancing. Someone was bound to point out Lum's post, so it would make sense for the final teammate to point it out as a way to get ahead of suspicion. I also find it a bit suspect that she didn't vote on CadCom until 24 hours later, once there was a vote on CadCom as well as a few other people.

With the use of a bribe, putting CadCom one vote ahead with almost a full day left wouldn't be a big risk, especially since CadCom hadn't gotten on and voted yet.

I've been skimming through the last few cycles, and haven't come up with much else in the way of suspicion on other people, so I'll place my vote here for now.

Arraenae

This is fascinating. First two games I come back, I express suspicion of an eliminator and vote on them early game, and I'm still considered suspicious. 

Joe, point of order: I rant-rambled that it was much harder for me to muster the energy to pay attention to the game than usual. I did not say I was ignoring the other players. These two things might have similar effects, but imply very different things.

Elandera, please consider this: I did not consider Lum's post to be an automatic elim flag on Cadcom. It only made him into a person of interest who might be elim. So I brought up Lum's comment. Later I looked further into Cadcom's posts, and found his behavior to seem out of place for a villager, and voted on him.

1. @xinoehp512 - Rogiv
  2. @xxGaea - Iria Byrd
  3. @STINK - RP Character TBD
  4. @Kidpen - Snapizar
  5. @NotASteelClone - Steel Kid the Science Squid
  6. @Snipexe - Snip

"Well, ah'm glad that at least one person thinks ah'm on the right track," Joel smiled towards Tahree, "but the rest of you haven't responded. Ah would love to have more to analyze in case ah'm wrong."