Roshar's greatest trouble

Zelly

It's not Odium or Everstorms, oh no.

It suddenly occurred to me that there are no dogs or cats on Roshar. (NO axehounds do NOT count).

No pup pups!  No mew mews!  No wonder all our characters are so stressed out.  Kaladin doesn't need a hug, he needs a husky!  Seriously, he's such as dog person.   And don't act like Jasnah wouldn't admire a cat. 

So when they find themselves depressed, confused, burdened, and/or isolated, they can at least get a wet nose boop and a demand to be petted to distract them.

I demand the worldhoppers address this problem immediately.  I can't be that hard to transport animals through interplanetary space dimensions, right?  i mean horses made it through.

In fact let's take this to the next level.  This is the plan to defeat Odium.   We will cover him in golden retriever puppies.  You can't have that much hatred when you're covered in puppies.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Star said:

Yeah, but they don't have cat videos.  What good are cats without cat videos?

Maybe that is why Odium is the Shard of Passion. He has a passion for destroying the pitiful existences of those forced to live without cat videos, insane this-is-for-your-own-good Thanos style.

Edited by Lunamor

well I don't know if it's fair to say, without having been able to interact with an axehound in person, that they don't make as good of companions to humans as dogs or cats would. That's a rather subjective claim, and I think a good number of people on Roshar might be quite offended at you disparaging their axehound companions =P 

More seriously. Given that nearly all the worldhopping groups in the Cosmere seem to be big on keeping these things secret, I don't see them trying to introduce foreign species.

On 3/21/2019 at 8:15 PM, RShara said:

Pretty sure they have cats, and call them minks. On the mural in Urithiru, Shallan notices something that sounds like a lion or tiger, and calls it a mink.

And I'm sure dogs and cats live in Shinovar.

Yep, and it makes me hate the Vedans. Mink Skin coat makes sense for actual Mink. My Great Grandpa farmed Mink. But cat fur cloaks are nightmares. 

• Chaos locked this topic