Raising future Sanderfans

BrightnessSamantha

No spoilers please! I'm halfway through Skyward myself because I let my 10 year old son read it before me and I think that was a good decision! I'm not even done with it but I think we can all relate to the last line of the the letter!

Sorry about the format of the first pic. Couldn't figure out how to rotate it.

20190320_212003.jpg

20190320_222400.jpg

That's what's great about Brandon Sanderson. It's pretty much for all ages!! I know he'll eventually read the SA, Mistborn and all the rest when he's a little older. He's already shown interest in the Kaladin and Syl books, as he likes to call them, when I'm listening to them on Alexa or in the car. 

11 hours ago, Scion of the Mists said:

@BrightnessSamantha that's amazing!  I hope I can get my kids interested in his books when they're older.  

It's the greatest molding young minds into miniature nerds with only a few books!

On 3/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

*claps*

Now I just have to get my sister to stop reading Warriors all the time and read Reckoners.

We just started listening to Reckoners on Audible together. He said it was a good choice to fill the void until Starsight comes out!

What's Warriors?  I don't think I've heard of that one.

21 hours ago, Godhunter said:

The books about wild cats that have a society and they fight a lot. https://warriorcats.com/

Ever hear of a book called Watership Down?  It's like the same thing but with rabbits! They actually just started a series or movie on Netflix about it. Haven't watched it yet though and haven't read the book in a decade at least.

All I can picture is the cast of Cats gone feral and turned into Warrior Cats! I'm intrigued... I'll have to add it to my read list on Goodreads.

47 minutes ago, BrightnessSamantha said:

Ever hear of a book called Watership Down?  It's like the same thing but with rabbits! They actually just started a series or movie on Netflix about it. Haven't watched it yet though and haven't read the book in a decade at least.

All I can picture is the cast of Cats gone feral and turned into Warrior Cats! I'm intrigued... I'll have to add it to my read list on Goodreads.

I read a little bit of Watership down, but much like Warrior Cats, it couldn't hold my attention for long. Fair warning about Warrior Cats, it's made for grades 3-6, so don't expect too much from it.

14 hours ago, Godhunter said:

I read a little bit of Watership down, but much like Warrior Cats, it couldn't hold my attention for long. Fair warning about Warrior Cats, it's made for grades 3-6, so don't expect too much from it.

I had loved Watership down when I was younger, I remember, but when I watched the preview on Netflix I was like, wow, this looks bad! Haha.

I'm always looking for good books for my 10 year old though.

• 2 months later...
On 3/29/2019 at 9:20 AM, BrightnessSamantha said:

I had loved Watership down when I was younger, I remember, but when I watched the preview on Netflix I was like, wow, this looks bad! Haha.

I didn't like the book, but the show was actually really good

7 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

I didn't like the book, but the show was actually really good

Hmmm, maybe I'll check it out eventually....

2 hours ago, Wander89 said:

The fact that Watership Down has been mentioned makes me think Wayne is here.

Why do you say that? I just finished Era 2 and Wayne is my favorite character in the Cosmere but I don't get the reference.

8 hours ago, BrightnessSamantha said:

Why do you say that? I just finished Era 2 and Wayne is my favorite character in the Cosmere but I don't get the reference.

The book Wayne is reading during the epilogue. "It's a pretty good book," Wayne said , flipping a page. "You should try it. It's about bunnies. They talk. Damnedest thing ever."

Might be completely wrong but it could be a nod to the classic Watership Down book.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:07 PM, Wander89 said:

The fact that Watership Down has been mentioned makes me think Wayne is here.

Why does no one really reference this as often as they should? Brandon slipped a very clear Watership Down reference into there...

On 5/31/2019 at 4:20 AM, Wander89 said:

The book Wayne is reading during the epilogue. "It's a pretty good book," Wayne said , flipping a page. "You should try it. It's about bunnies. They talk. Damnedest thing ever."

Might be completely wrong but it could be a nod to the classic Watership Down book.

Oh my gosh that is a Watership Down reference!