The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

Zib frantically searched for where he left his other drumstick. Storm it! He was late because some hater stole his instrument again. Did they know how much it was worth? He transported himself onto the top of a building and searched frantically. Then, he saw it. A small drumstick in a pile of tin cans. Zib transported himself down there and immediately sighed in relief as he took the drumstick. One of the tin cans looked tasty. He picked that one up. He would eat it later. Now that he had his drumstick he could chase down that liger he new existed somewhere around--

Right, the event... Zib remembered, running back, banging on his drum. He decided to leave the instrument outside, so he hung it on a statue. He transported himself to the entrance and strode right in, taking a bite of his tin can. If only he could burn the metal. He flashed the invitation, reading Sibulon Bulant. Someone had really spelled his name wrong. And it was obviously for him. He took it from a mailman.

He walked in and examined the room. It looked so... formal. Time to change that.

Jack walked into the room. He’d taken the  invitation for this weird party off a nobleman who’d been too busy being mugged to pay attention. Nobles were always going to fancy parties like this, with some kind “theme”. It made him sick, thinking of them at something like this, just prattling away. Looking around the room he saw a few people standing around, and waiters bringing food. He walked up and grabbed a drink.

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne nodded.

"Magic."

She said softly.

"Sometimes I envy those able to use it. I could defend myself better, stop those hunting me. But I can't so it's running away, until they can't find me anymore. Maybe the expedition will help with that as well."

Lisa looked up it the tone Lizanne was speaking at, and winced internally. Wrong topic, again, she thought. "True,"  she said, trying to defuse the atmosphere. "Still, I'd probably never use anyway," she continued in a more lighthearted tone. "If I'd ever get into trouble I'm probably lucky if I even manage to run away, instead of just panicking and hiding in a corner."

On 3/25/2019 at 2:16 PM, Blessing of Potency said:

“It’s fun, seeing a star for the first time is... it’s pretty cool.” Arun says, glad that someone here could at least somewhat share her interest in space. 

Zinc, are we done or do you want to say something else?

@ZincAboutIt

1 minute ago, kenod said:

Lisa looked up it the tone Lizanne was speaking at, and winced internally. Wrong topic, again, she thought. "True,"  she said, trying to defuse the atmosphere. "Still, I'd probably never use anyway," she continued in a more lighthearted tone. "If I'd ever get into trouble I'm probably lucky if I even manage to run away, instead of just panicking and hiding in a corner."

Lizanne looked at Lisa for a moment, the woman seemed safe. The first one of the lot. She might need to stick around her.

"I know that feeling."

A grin touched her face.

"I'm a master when it comes to running away, or in my case hobbling."

She made sure to keep her tone light. It had been a long time, she almost couldn't remember how it was to walk normally. There were days when her leg ached, when she barely could put some weight on it, but then there were better days as well and Lizanne had accepted her fate in that regard.

"What is a psy... psychic?"

She asked, hoping she'd remembered that word correctly.

8 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne looked at Lisa for a moment, the woman seemed safe. The first one of the lot. She might need to stick around her.

"I know that feeling."

A grin touched her face.

"I'm a master when it comes to running away, or in my case hobbling."

She made sure to keep her tone light. It had been a long time, she almost couldn't remember how it was to walk normally. There were days when her leg ached, when she barely could put some weight on it, but then there were better days as well and Lizanne had accepted her fate in that regard.

"What is a psy... psychic?"

She asked, hoping she'd remembered that word correctly.

Lisa smiled, glad for the change of topic, then started wondering how to explain it. "Psychics?" She asked. "That one is a bit hard to explain," she said. "I don't think I've come across any here, and we don't actually have any in my world either. Well, we don't have any that aren't fakes, at least. Basically, they're people who can affect things with their minds, like moving things around without touching them, reading minds, seeing the future. Some also claim they can talk to dead people." She thought for a bit. "Actually, I guess some Epics might count as psychics. Most psychics probably wouldn't be as evil -or scary- as them though."

2 minutes ago, kenod said:

Lisa smiled, glad for the change of topic, then started wondering how to explain it. "Psychics?" She asked. "That one is a bit hard to explain," she said. "I don't think I've come across any here, and we don't actually have any in my world either. Well, we don't have any that aren't fakes, at least. Basically, they're people who can affect things with their minds, like moving things around without touching them, reading minds, seeing the future. Some also claim they can talk to dead people." She thought for a bit. "Actually, I guess some Epics might count as psychics. Most psychics probably wouldn't be as evil -or scary- as them though."

"Are you a real psychic or a fake one?"

Lizanne asked curiously and then realized, that that probably sounded rude.

"No offense, of course. I just never heard that word before."

4 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Are you a real psychic or a fake one?"

Lizanne asked curiously and then realized, that that probably sounded rude.

"No offense, of course. I just never heard that word before."

"Uhm," Lisa said, not entirely sure how to respond to that question. "I'm not a psychic," she finally said. "Like I said, they don't actually exist, at least not in my world. I mean, powers like those wouldn't even be physically possible. Why did you actually ask about psychics in the first place?" She paused a bit, and then suddenly came to a realization. "Hey, did you actually meant to say physicists?"

13 minutes ago, kenod said:

"Uhm," Lisa said, not entirely sure how to respond to that question. "I'm not a psychic," she finally said. "Like I said, they don't actually exist, at least not in my world. I mean, powers like those wouldn't even be physically possible. Why did you actually ask about psychics in the first place?" She paused a bit, and then suddenly came to a realization. "Hey, did you actually meant to say physicists?"

Embarressed Lizanne stared at her hands.

"I guess I did."

She replied.

"Sorry, I meant whatever you are. Physicist?"

6 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Embarressed Lizanne stared at her hands.

"I guess I did."

She replied.

"Sorry, I meant whatever you are. Physicist?"

"No problem," Lisa replied, smiling. "Basically, a physicist is someone who studies how the universe works, like what causes gravity, and which mathematical formulas predict how it works. It can get quite complex though. I'm currently trying to figure out how these laws work in this universe, and how the existence of Investure figures into them. I really want to study the alleys sometimes, given some of the rumors about them. On the other hand, given some of the other stories about them I should probably stay as far away from them as I can." She shuddered. "Seriously, no matter what, or wherever I am, I'll never be coming close to an alley again." She paused, tilting her head a bit. "Still, I never did that anyway, so it's not like it's much of a difference, expect now it's monsters hiding in them instead of gang members."

17 minutes ago, kenod said:

"No problem," Lisa replied, smiling. "Basically, a physicist is someone who studies how the universe works, like what causes gravity, and which mathematical formulas predict how it works. It can get quite complex though. I'm currently trying to figure out how these laws work in this universe, and how the existence of Investure figures into them. I really want to study the alleys sometimes, given some of the rumors about them. On the other hand, given some of the other stories about them I should probably stay as far away from them as I can." She shuddered. "Seriously, no matter what, or wherever I am, I'll never be coming close to an alley again." She paused, tilting her head a bit. "Still, I never did that anyway, so it's not like it's much of a difference, expect now it's monsters hiding in them instead of gang members."

Lizanne nodded, tried to mask the fact, that she had no idea what gravity was. Still, the part about how everything worked made sense, so she smiled thankfully. That sounded a lot more interesting, than she had thought.

"We could always look into an alley together?"

She proposed. She'd heard the stories, but found them hard to believe. In her experience few things were more terrifying than humans. At least with a monster, she'd know it would be a monster.

"I know some good places to beg. You usually end up with enough for a meal or two. We could start there."

She told Lisa proudly.

"But maybe that's not interesting for you, is it?"

She added, suddenly ferling very, very stupid.

"I'm sorry, I'm not smart or anything. I simply try to find a way to survive."

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne nodded, tried to mask the fact, that she had no idea what gravity was. Still, the part about how everything worked made sense, so she smiled thankfully. That sounded a lot more interesting, than she had thought.

"We could always look into an alley together?"

She proposed. She'd heard the stories, but found them hard to believe. In her experience few things were more terrifying than humans. At least with a monster, she'd know it would be a monster.

"I know some good places to beg. You usually end up with enough for a meal or two. We could start there."

She told Lisa proudly.

"But maybe that's not interesting for you, is it?"

She added, suddenly ferling very, very stupid.

"I'm sorry, I'm not smart or anything. I simply try to find a way to survive."

Exploring the alleys sounds like it could be a good horror story all on its own.

Lisa grimaced internally when she heard that. Alleys, she talked about looking in the alleys, lets talk about that, she thought. "Exploring the alleys, you say," she said nervously. "It sounds rather scary." "Still," she said in calmer tone, "if we're together, maybe we could? I mean, there are rumors, so if there are monsters, at least some people escape. Otherwise nobody would know about it. Or maybe there aren't any actual monsters around."

"I... don't really need to beg though," she continued. "I've work as a scribe, as well as an accountant. It doesn't pay much, and it's not very interesting, but it does allow me to live here."

Why did I continue on with that, she thought, mentally punching herself. Nervously, she continued talking. "If you want to, I could teach you, once this is over? It would be nice to do something else than peering through books." She smiled. "You might also be able to teach me more about this world, and the one that you're from."

Renata looked back towards Arun. She’d said something, but Renata hadn’t been paying attention, too busy focusing on the few new people trickling into the meeting.

”Sorry,” she said, snagging another glass of yellow wine off the tray of a passing waiter. “Does it bother you at all that nearly everyone here seems...completely unqualified to explore a foreign world?” 

@Blessing of Potency

Figured I shouldn’t be completely rude here and make a friend, she’ll need it.

On 3/25/2019 at 4:23 PM, Silva said:

She let out a breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding when she saw him turn away in the corner of her eye. Standing up, Aderet felt her left sleeve fall comfortably below her hand, covered and tucked away modestly like always. Not that she herself had ever considered showing her left hand scandalous, being a Scadrian woman. But that’s what Olna had taught her and she had never been one to protest.

Aderet ran a hand over her hair. A pin had come loose. She fixed it back in place carefully, taking care not to knock any of the others securing the blonde knot.

Something about the place felt off. Every moment she got the feeling more and more that this venture wasn’t going to be beneficial for the family business. If anything, the vibe she was getting gave off was that of the opposite. It was unnerving.

She began to walk around the room, worrying more about that than paying attention to her surroundings.

Timothy would never have ended up in a place like this. she thought bitterly. Father would never dare risk his reputation like this. If word got out that she’d been spotted there it wouldn’t be good.

Her left hand clutched the pouch holding vials of cadmium. Aderet’s fingers twisted around it, reaching for the opening. Maybe burn away some time to be done with this sooner.

And just like that she did something she never did accidentally and walked into someone. A tall someone at that. She took a step back.

“Sorry,” she said, looking up at the man. “I ought to have been keeping a closer eye on where I was walking.”

@Element of Chaos

He looked at her. Then he broke into grin again. "You... wow. You look nice, all the way, at least from my angle up here." He said the last part teasingly.

4 hours ago, kenod said:

Lisa grimaced internally when she heard that. Alleys, she talked about looking in the alleys, lets talk about that, she thought. "Exploring the alleys, you say," she said nervously. "It sounds rather scary." "Still," she said in calmer tone, "if we're together, maybe we could? I mean, there are rumors, so if there are monsters, at least some people escape. Otherwise nobody would know about it. Or maybe there aren't any actual monsters around."

"I... don't really need to beg though," she continued. "I've work as a scribe, as well as an accountant. It doesn't pay much, and it's not very interesting, but it does allow me to live here."

Why did I continue on with that, she thought, mentally punching herself. Nervously, she continued talking. "If you want to, I could teach you, once this is over? It would be nice to do something else than peering through books." She smiled. "You might also be able to teach me more about this world, and the one that you're from."

"I can't read."

Lizanne confessed.

"I was too young when they caught me, and you don't teach that to a slave."

She smiled at Lisa.

"I'd love to have you teach me, what you ever you feel like. It would be great to learn something."

Yeah, probably. But it makes no sense for her to have the slightest idea what's going on in the alleys.

5 hours ago, Aon GanchoLibre said:

Only a fool would accept the invitation to visit a creepy old tower.

Fah'loofah accepted the invitation to visit a creepy old tower.

It was gonna be awesome.

Zib felt a link with this man. He seemed a lot like him. He walked up to him and slammed him on the head with his drumstick.

19 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Renata looked back towards Arun. She’d said something, but Renata hadn’t been paying attention, too busy focusing on the few new people trickling into the meeting.

”Sorry,” she said, snagging another glass of yellow wine off the tray of a passing waiter. “Does it bother you at all that nearly everyone here seems...completely unqualified to explore a foreign world?” 

@Blessing of Potency

“Yeah, I guess that’s a little... unsettling.” Arun responds.

@ZincAboutIt

1 hour ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Renata took a sip from her new glass of wine. "So," she asked Arun, hoping her attempts at small talk didn't sound too forced, "where are you from, originally?"

“Me? Oh, I’m from Scadrial.” Arun says, she had gotten distracted by someone getting smacked with a drumstick.