The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

Lizanne followed Renata over to the trees, looked around, at the trees and the other plants. She looked for anything she might recognize, or anything that she didn't recognize, that still looked edible. They would have to be careful about poisonous plants, but before they died, they would have to give it a try.

Berries, leaves, but more important would be some tubers or other fruiting bodies. They could last a while on them, depending on the amount they found and on the type of plant.

Now and then she looked over her shoulder, checked the air, the sky. She felt uneasy, the feeling that she was observed not vanishing anymore. Instead it made her skin crawl, and whenever there was nothing. Now that she knew that the eye could hide, that she knew and not only suspected, it was hunting her and she could only hope it would kill her and not put her back in chains.

In short: fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, salad like plants, whatever looks like it could be eaten.

@Voidus

@Fatebreaker

Could find some mushrooms, a few leafy bushes, nothing that would be that familiar though. 

As Renata reached the canopy she could see that the forest ended a short distance away on one side, the direction where it started thinning. Beyond that she could see a low cobblestone wall that extended along the boundary of the forest, the wall seemed to split at sections and form multiple fields which butted up against the base of the forest. Beyond that a small brick house could distantly be seen, a plume of smoke extending from its chimney giving its location away. Fields seemed to extend upon the other side of the house as well and very distantly something loomed in the distance, a series of cliffs or possibly a very large wall, too difficult to make out.

To her left the forest extended a ways further, it seemed to end somewhere distantly in that direction as well. What lay beyond could not be seen but the sharp salty bite of seawater could be smelt upon a faint breeze from that direction.

In the other two directions the forest seemed to continue without end, though there were a few small patches that looked like clearings.

Lizanne saw some mushrooms and leaned down to them. They looked good, but she didn't know them and mushrooms were difficult. Kneeling down she plucked one and sniffed it, then turned it around. Lamellas. Meaning it could be edible or not. With a sigh she got back to her feet, wraped it in a rag and then put it into her bag. Walking back to the tree she looked up, to see that Renata was already up there.

"Can you see something?"

she called up to her and then turned around, observed their surroundings. Despite the trees, she felt as if she was standing in the open. Vulnerable.

@ZincAboutIt

Edited by Sorana

Renata felt her heart leap at the sight of the chimney smoke.

”There’s a house over that way!” She pointed, calling down to Lizanne. “Beyond that low stone wall a ways. I can see the smoke!”

She stayed up there long enough to get a rough sketch of the area, positing the presence of an ocean or sea to the left, and the very large forest around them. Then, she turned and looked back at the ruins of the house, the toppled tower. Renata cocked her head. From up here it seemed like the house had landed on... something.

Storms, I hope we didn’t crush anyone under there. The thought made her shudder, and her mind was full of dark unease as she climbed back down the tree.

”There’s a house that way, I saw the smoke. Maybe they can tell us where in damnantion we are.”

@Sorana @kenod @I think I am here.

6 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Renata felt her heart leap at the sight of the chimney smoke.

”There’s a house over that way!” She pointed, calling down to Lizanne. “Beyond that low stone wall a ways. I can see the smoke!”

She stayed up there long enough to get a rough sketch of the area, positing the presence of an ocean or sea to the left, and the very large forest around them. Then, she turned and looked back at the ruins of the house, the toppled tower. Renata cocked her head. From up here it seemed like the house had landed on... something.

Storms, I hope we didn’t crush anyone under there. The thought made her shudder, and her mind was full of dark unease as she climbed back down the tree.

”There’s a house that way, I saw the smoke. Maybe they can tell us where in damnantion we are.”

@Sorana @kenod @I think I am here.

At first she was relieved to learn that somebody, or something, was living here. Then she thought about what it meant. They knew nothing about that place, who ruled it, how they regarded slavery. But it didn't help. They needed more food and water. And an inhabited place was their best chance.

"We should go there. Talk to them. See what they know and if can have a part of their food. Maybe they can point us to a stream as well."

@I think I am here.

@kenod

@ZincAboutIt

Lisa was swinging around her sword, trying to get the thing to stay on course. She winced as she accidentally moved her upper body too much. She looked up when Renata mentioned she had seen a house.
"Sounds good, she said to Lizanne. "Should we just go in with all of us though? It might scare them." She thought a bit about the situation and frowned. "Actually, we might want to be careful. We've got no clue who or what lives there."

8 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

The Wicked Witch of the East is dead!!! :P

47 minutes ago, kenod said:

"Sounds good, she said to Lizanne. "Should we just go in with all of us though? It might scare them." She thought a bit about the situation and frowned. "Actually, we might want to be careful. We've got no clue who or what lives there."

Lizanne thought about the question.

"It can be humans, but given the eye it easily can be something else. We might scare them, but I'm against splitting up, even when it's only about stepping into a room. The eye can hide from our eyes, we have no way to prove they really are what they look like."

She gave voice to her thoughts, looked around again.

"They are our best chance to survive. We have to give it a try, and if we scare them, then at least I don't care."

Her eyes flicked over to Wilhelm.

"Wil looks rather scary, but the rest of us? We are just a bunch of women. Let us use that to our advatange. Put Wil in the back and us up front. Your sword hidden from view at first. So maybe me and Renata in the front, you and Wilhelm and whoever else comes along in the back."

"If we are lucky it's a single man. They are usually easy to manipulate. Look harmless, a bit overhelmed and scared and you get what you need."

Don't take it personal guys. ^_^

Edited by Sorana

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne thought about the question.

"It can be humans, but given the eye it easily can be something else. We might scare them, but I'm against splitting up, even when it's only about stepping into a room. The eye can hide from our eyes, we have no way to prove they really are what they look like."

She gave voice to her thoughts, looked around again.

"They are our best chance to survive. We have to give it a try, and if we scare them, then at least I don't care."

Her eyes flicked over to Wilhelm.

"Wil looks rather scary, but the rest of us? We are just a bunch of women. Let us use that to our advatange. Put Wil in the back and us up front. Your sword hidden from view at first. So maybe me and Renata in the front, you and Wilhelm and whoever else comes along in the back."

"If we are lucky it's a single man. They are usually easy to manipulate. Look harmless, a bit overhelmed and scared and you get what you need."

Lisa nodded. "Sounds good," she said. She wondered what to do if things went wrong though. The size of her sword meant that it would be dangerous to swing around if people walked in front of her, especially in a crowded room. She shrugged. Lizanne would have already thought of that, she thought. She seemed like she had everything under control.

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Masterplan: Get out of your way as quickly as possible.

Yeah, putting your scary fighter types in the back makes sense when not wanting to scare people, but it's a really bad idea when you do actually get into a fight, especially when there isn't any method for getting out of the way.

It get's even worse when the girl with the 2 meter magical blade has no clue about how to use the thing, while also being easily panicked or scared.

39 minutes ago, kenod said:

The moment we face more than two enemies we have a large problem. We have one fighter that is regularly active, and I trust the others to take on one together.

Lisa with the shardblade is more a liability until she can use it. Right now the chances are high that she'll kill one of us.

So I would try to avoid a conflict, if possible.

But we can do it differently, it's just what Lizanne would try.

Wilhelm nodded, ignoring the comment on how he looked scary because he knew it was true. Realisation dawned on him as he realised that yes, he was the only man in this group. And he was a recovering cannibal. Great, or as some of the high ranking people of his town would say, brilliant.

“And then what happens when he sees me? Sure, you may all seem harmless, but me?” He shook his head.

28 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Wilhelm nodded, ignoring the comment on how he looked scary because he knew it was true. Realisation dawned on him as he realised that yes, he was the only man in this group. And he was a recovering cannibal. Great, or as some of the high ranking people of his town would say, brilliant.

“And then what happens when he sees me? Sure, you may all seem harmless, but me?” He shook his head.

Just wash your face, Lisa mentally suggested. "Maybe stay outside?" She hesitantly suggested. "As long as you stay close enough you should be able to come immediately if there is any trouble, but you'd be out of sight, so you wouldn't scare anybody."

Didn't Snipexe have a male character?

Lizanne listened to Lisa and then added.

"We hope we set a friendly mood and tell them your name. I'm against splitting up, for a longer time. It's alright if we ask for a path to take and some food, but not if we spend the night there. Then I'd prefer for us to stay closer together."

She turned around, looked at the three of them, wondered if someone else would follow.

"You can go first, threaten them, if you think that's wiser. A door is only so wide."

Hands made a gestured indicating that she could go along with that as well.

"Looking at who is left, I think we should try to avoid a conflict, if possible. We know nothing about this place, even a farmer could be a skilled fighter. If its human being living there."

Lizanne paused, looked at him again and then handed him a rag.

"Maybe clean your mouth?"

He has. But he doesn't post regularly, so we can't 100% rely on him being there when we need him.

@kenod

@I think I am here.

It appeared that her question about a native people the previous day hadn't been so off. Of course, her intention had been out of fear of danger, while Hellbent's had been out of...she shook her head away from thoughts of that cannibalistic murderer. He didn't deserve to be dwelled on. Instead, she let herself focus on the immediate situation.

"Lizanne," she said. "I'm all for staying in a group together, but for all we know they're cannibalistic. Or worse. We should send one person, not anyone threatening looking, first. Like the...Vütenhaller again," she finished, using Wilhelm's metaphor from the day before.

Edited by Silva

5 hours ago, Silva said:

"Lizanne," she said. "I'm all for staying in a group together, but for all we know they're cannibalistic. Or worse. We should send one person, not anyone threatening looking, first. Like the...Vütenhaller again," she finished, using Wilhelm's metaphor from the day before.

Lizanne listened to her, thought about her words. It was the safer option for the group. But a lot more dangerous for the one going alone. She hadn't proposed it, because she wanted to avoid the discussion who should go.

"Sure. Just tell us where to wait, and we'll stay there while you knock on the door."

She replied and carefully observed Aderet's face. Aderet was perfect for that role. She looked harmless, like a damsel in distress and if she died it would leave them helpless.

22 hours ago, Silva said:

It appeared that her question about a native people the previous day hadn't been so off. Of course, her intention had been out of fear of danger, while Hellbent's had been out of...she shook her head away from thoughts of that cannibalistic murderer. He didn't deserve to be dwelled on. Instead, she let herself focus on the immediate situation.

Lisa looked at Aderet in shock. "You want one of us to serve as bait?" She asked, trying to make sure she understood it correctly. She shook her head. "That particular plan sounds as if it would cause the bait to die if it turns out something is wrong." She shuddered. "No offense, but that sounds completely insane. We've got no clue about what's going on and you want to deliberately place people in more danger?"
She glared at Aderet. "Also,"  she continued, "If the person send in can escape we could have gone in with all of us anyway, while if they get taken out immediately we'd have to rescue them anyway, unless you're prepared to simply abandon them, which is a bad precedent to set when you're not a fighter yourself. And that's not counting that they might already be dead but we didn't know, meaning we'd mount a meaningless rescue. And if they don't get taken out immediately we'd be led into a trap anyway if we got invited in and they had bad intentions."
She shook her head again. "That entire plan is basically useless if nothing bad is going on, and if it turns out something is wrong it'll likely just kill someone who's death could have been avoided. If we're that afraid of the place we should just avoid it." She thought about that. Avoiding the place actually seemed like an attractive option.
Or we could just rush in and kill everyone, she thought in a sarcastic tone, then winced, shocked by the fact that the thought actually seemed fairly reasonable to her.

Edited by kenod
word choice

"We could get near enough and scout out the place," Renata suggested. "See who might be coming and going. Maybe there's a grain store somewhere on the property, or a well. We might not even need to talk to anyone there. Maybe it's an old lady living alone."

Not exactly harmless, Renata thought darkly, feeling the echo of a comb through her hair. She breathed deeply, pushing the memories away. That place was behind her. She had a whole new horror unfolding before her now.

"It's too good of an opportunity to pass up. We need water - real water, and food. Clean bandages. That place is the only sign of life for miles. It's either that, or stay here, or wander through untold acres of forest. We know what is waiting for us here. Do you really want to stay?"

Just a note because it's been a while, but you guys (Well actually just Hellbent but shared responsibility) collapsed a tower in the middle of the night, which would probably be audible at that distance.
Make of that information what you will. :)

Lizanne just figured they either show up or not :P Whoever we meet is assumed an enemy until proven otherwise, so it didn't really matter. To her at least.

"I agree. We need ot go there. It's our best chance. And unless Aderet agrees to play bait, I suggest we stay together, so that we can support each other."

Lizanne took a few slow steps in the direction Renata had indicated, hoped to stop the discussion by that. They had no idea what waited for them. But discussing about possibilities only made it worse. Either they sacrificed one, or they shared the danger. She didn't really care, but right now she wanted to avoid a conflict by forcing one of them to risk their lives. If Aderet volunteered, it was fine, otherwise it was easier if they shared the danger. She wanted to avoid that they started to fight each other, that would happen soon enough, if they didn't find any food. the way Wilhelm had reacted when accused of cannibalism earlier, he was dangerous. And he would kill them all if it meant he could survive.

"Scouting the place seems like a good idea. So let's get going?"

@kenod

@I think I am here.

@Silva

@ZincAboutIt

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Scouting the place seems like a good idea. So let's get going?"

Renata nodded, pointing an encouraging finger in the direction Lizanne had begun walking.

"It's this way through the trees a little bit, then over a low wall. We'll end up in a field, and from there we can find the house. There's smoke."

Lisa nodded, and started walking in the direction Renata had indicated, cutting away some of the underbrush. She looked behind her to see if the others were following. She felt nervous at the idea of going to a possible cannibal house, and gripped the heft of her blade tightly, trying to let the feeling reassure her.

Lizanne followed the two of the relieved that they finally did something. They hadn't talked about who would scout, and so she hastened to catch up to Renata.

"Do you want to scout yourself?"

She asked with a quick glance to the others. Lisa was too easy to be seen with her sword and Wilhelm. She trusted Renata more than him, despite the part where he had done nothing wrong so far. But still. Something about him gave her the creeps.

@ZincAboutIt