The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

36 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"We'll try. Do you need something to bind the arm to your upper body?"

Lisa shrugged. "Don't think so. Best to just let it dangle, that way I can still use it to help with my balance."

She looked around. "What is the plan, by the way?" She asked. "Are we staying here or are we leaving? Also, do we still need to do anything here?" She heard her stomach rumble. "Also, are we planning to have breakfast?" she asked a bit sheepishly.

"We need to bury Tish. And yes, we should eat breakfast. I'm hungry as well."

Lizanne started to limp back to their camp.

"I think we should leave, before scavengers come by and we have to fight them. We don't know where we are, we don't know what's here apart from the eye."

"What do you think?"

@I think I am here.

@ZincAboutIt

@Blessing of Potency

@kenod

@Snipexe

@Silva

"Wilhelm doesn't think we should leave," Renata said, joining the two. "He thinks it's safer to stay here."

She wasn't sure what to think now. Travel would be slow, and there was comfort in being near what they already knew. Still, this place felt very wrong. Even though the dead were buried, Renata felt their presence.

"But if there is a chance we could find a town or a city, we could get help. Food, water, medicine... maybe a way home?"

@kenod @Sorana

1 hour ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"Wilhelm doesn't think we should leave," Renata said, joining the two. "He thinks it's safer to stay here."

She wasn't sure what to think now. Travel would be slow, and there was comfort in being near what they already knew. Still, this place felt very wrong. Even though the dead were buried, Renata felt their presence.

"But if there is a chance we could find a town or a city, we could get help. Food, water, medicine... maybe a way home?"

@kenod @Sorana

Lisa looked at Renata. "Normally I'd agree with Wilhelm," she said. "We've got one person who can't walk, and I'll likely have trouble with walking longer distances too, given the state of my ribs. This place also has a number of resources. On top of that," she added, "It's the only location we know of that has the rift that allows for travel between worlds. I'd sent out small scouting parties to check the surroundings, but I'd have the majority stay here, to watch the place."
"That won't work though," she said, looking around. "This place doesn't work as a shelter. The only defensible location is the cellar, and once we're in there we'd have no way out. We only have two people capable of fighting, me and Wilhelm, and I have no experience using Shardblades, which means both groups would be even more vulnerable to attack if we'd split up."
"Of course, that Eye is also still out there," she continued in a more quiet tone. "Given it's likely nature it probably won't be a direct threat, but it might still be capable of harming us in other ways. We also don't know if there's anything else nearby that it can communicate with."
"And to top it all off," she finished, "there's the fact that we can't use the passage back here to travel to our world, even if we'd manage to repair the machine."

Lizanne listened to their words.

"So if we leave? Where should we go? We are seven people, if everybody comes along. Our apples are enough for another day, maybe two and we need fresh water."

They also needed a latrine of some sorts should they stay. She closed her eyes, tried to sort herself. Unconciously her hand pushed back one of her sleeves, touched the scar her chains had left that circled around her wrist. Free. Despite everything she was still free. Feeling uneasy she checked the sky again, both with her eyes and the mirror. Nothing.

Sitting down next to the dying fire she looked up into the sky.

"We should take a look at the forest. See if we can find something to eat there. If there is a good supply, that can influence our decision."

"And we need tools. An axe, a shovel, a hammer, whatever we can find. Maybe we should search the rubbish in earnest. Rope."

She started repairing her improvised net. Maybe she'd need it again. Pausing for a moment she made it tighter. If they found a stream, maybe there were fish.

"I am afraid that scavengers come by and find us, but running off without anything is foolish. We had a fire tonight. Depending on the forest we might be able to get another one going, but maybe not."

"I suggest we search the ruin in daylight and the forest. See if we can find a track or trail. If we can't, maybe someone can climb on a tree, take a look around. I'd prefer if we didn't accidently stumbled into a steppe without water or food."

@kenod

@ZincAboutIt

Lisa grimaced. "I used to," she said. "But I don't think I really can right now."

She suddenly looked at the forest. "I think I saw something in the forest though, last night. It looked a bit like a stone wall. We might find something in that direction, and we already have something of a path, thanks to Hellbent."

"I can't climb a tree. I have trouble getting up some stairs."

Lizanne stated and added another piece of wood to the fire. Her tone was challenging and at the same time almost defensive. She hated this weak version of herself, the way her body regularly let her down. She wanted to be strong and fast as Lisa, or intelligent and educated as Renata or Arun, but instead she was nothing. She couldn't run, she couldn't read, always hiding, fleeing ever in fear of imaginary pursuers.

"That wall sounds good. Let's take a look at that."

Maybe they were lucky and found a hut, or a place to stay. It was better to focus on that, then to follow her thought.

"We should wake Aderet and then get going. Who knows how much daylight we'll have."

8 minutes ago, kenod said:

"What about Arun?" Lisa asked. "Are we going to make a stretcher and use that, or should we do something else?"

"She was able to walk yesterday when she used a crutch."

Lizanne replied.

"We simply need to walk slowly."

Not that she'd ever complain about walking slowly, Arun provided good cover for her own weakness.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"She was able to walk yesterday when she used a crutch."

Lizanne replied.

"We simply need to walk slowly."

Not that she'd ever complain about walking slowly, Arun provided good cover for her own weakness.

"Alright," Lisa said. "We'll probably need to make packs as well, if we aren't planning on being back by nightfall."

7 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Climbing a tree is a good idea,” Wilhelm added, standing up.

“In fact, I would say we do that first, look at the land around us. But,” he pointed to himself. “I am not too experienced it’s climbing. Are any of you?”

Renata looked towards the forest, peering at the trees. Some looked sturdy enough to climb, with enough hand-holds.

"I can climb," she said, tightening the straps on her pack so it wouldn't slip as she climbed. "I'll go take a look."

@kenod @Sorana

25 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Renata looked towards the forest, peering at the trees. Some looked sturdy enough to climb, with enough hand-holds.

"I can climb," she said, tightening the straps on her pack so it wouldn't slip as she climbed. "I'll go take a look."

@kenod @Sorana

"Let's go."

Lizanne decided and bent down to wake both Arun and Aderet up. No sense in waiting.

@Silva

@Blessing of Potency

1 minute ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Arun stretches again and looks up at Lizzane. She sits up, “what’s the plan?”

Sry, forgot about that...

"Head into the wood. Renata offered to climb a tree and Lisa saw a wall yesterday."

Lizanne explained.

"We wanted to take as much food with us as we can, we never know what happens. I plan to look for a river and for edible plants."

"Do you have anything I can help with?" Lisa asked, swinging up her left arm to emphasize her current state. "Otherwise I'll swinging this sword around a bit, I want to figure out how to use it in a way that doesn't get myself killed." She tried to smile, hoping to make it sound like a joke.

Aderet opened her eyes.

Why was she outdoors? Why was the ground hard?

Right. Horribleness. Death. Other stuff.

She stood up cautiously and listened to what Lizanne was saying. It made sense to keep moving. She brushed off her skirt and pulled her hair into bun tied with just a hairband. There wasn't enough time to deal with pins.

"Is there anything I should do?" she asked her.

@Sorana

8 hours ago, kenod said:

"Do you have anything I can help with?" Lisa asked, swinging up her left arm to emphasize her current state. "Otherwise I'll swinging this sword around a bit, I want to figure out how to use it in a way that doesn't get myself killed." She tried to smile, hoping to make it sound like a joke.

"That sounds like a good plan."

Lizanne packed some apples and then handed slung the bundle over her shoulder.

"You can do it here, or come with us. Just as you prefer."

Personally she thought splitting up was a bad idea, but she wouldn't force anybody to come along. Uneasily she glanced over her shoulder and then smiled a thin smile at Aderet.

"You could help me watch out for a stream or plants carrying berries. Don't eat them though, some are poisonous."

Turning to Renata she added.

"After you? We wanted to start with the climbing."

"And take as much food as you can. we don't know what happens."

@Silva

@ZincAboutIt

@I think I am here.

@Blessing of Potency

@Snipexe

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Turning to Renata she added.

"After you? We wanted to start with the climbing."

"And take as much food as you can. we don't know what happens."

Wilhelm nodded, walking around the cellar, packing up the knives he’d thrown at Hellbent, all six of them. He packed the alcohol water they had distilled in a canteen, and he made sure he still had his packs of bear meat.

“Let us go,” he said. “We wouldn’t want to be stuck in the forest when the sun set.”

Edited by I think I am here.

Seems good.

Lisa thought for a bit. She wouldn't be able to do much, but at least it would get her away from the ruins. On the other hand, she might come across Hellbent's body. A light shudder went through her at that thought. She nodded. "I'll be coming as well," she said.

Renata headed towards the forest, eying the trees with a critical gaze. She needed to find one that was tall, but also sturdy enough to bear her weight.

There. She nodded, set her jaw, and began to climb. The lack of sleep and general stress of the last day made the exercise difficult, though there was also a sweet simplicity to the motions: hand, then foot, then hoist; repeat. After about eight minutes, she had reached high enough to see above the general canopy and survey this new, strange land.

What does she see?

@Fatebreaker @Voidus