Voidus

The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

750 posts in this topic

Next to Lisa, Aderet sat down. She looked at the girl's sleeping body and sighed. There were so many places she'd rather be, but she also knew she was stuck in the present. The awful, bloody present.

Aderet pulled her knees up to her chest. The weight of her safepouch was comforting. She rested her head over her covered left hand and closed her eyes. Hopefully sleep wouldn't be as elusive as she expected.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Renata turned at that, squinting against the brightness of the fire.

"That's a good question. Maybe? Though Lizanne saw it while we were scavenging - no one was killed then. But I suppose all the dead around..."

Renata grimaced. "It's just one more reason to leave this place. Too many bodies, too much death. At least Hellbent's body is out there somewhere, and not here. If death attracts the eye, it'll be out in the forest."

She tried to make her voice sound confident, but her fingers shook as she put her pencil back on the journal page to make a note of the possibility.

“I disagree,” Wilhelm said, as he organised some wood and laid down in it.

“We have sources of water here, food, material for building, and cover.”

He yawned, and in the process, accidentally showed some of his jagged yellow teeth.

“We should stay, for at least until we can survive forever only staying here. Then we can venture, but you first need a shelter you can arrive to if things get messy.”

Edited by I think I am here.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“I disagree,” Wilhelm said, as he organised some wood and laid down in it.

“We have sources of water here, food, material for building, and cover.”

He yawned, and in the process, accidentally showed some of his jagged yellow teeth.

“We should stay, for at least until we can survive forever only staying here. Then we can venture, but you first need a shelter you can arrive to if things get messy.”

Renata sighed. How could she describe it? This place made her skin crawl like someone had stuffed her with cremlings. And what were they to do when the scattered dead began rotting? Any fool knew that carrion brought sickness and scavengers. Still, she had had enough of arguing. After the events of the last hour, she yearned for silence.

"Get some rest," she said quietly. "We can make our decisions with the sunrise."

Quote

Want to call it true night now? 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Yup.

“Very well,” Wilhelm said, and closed his eyes waiting for sleep to take him over.

@Voidus

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The night passed peacefully and uneventfully, the sky slowly began to lighten though a thick blanket of clouds still blocked much of the sunlight, filtering through the mists which began to disperse as the air continued to warm. The surroundings slowly became more visible, the collapsed buildings and tower consumed much of the immediate area and seemed to have crushed something underneath, surrounding it appeared to be a pine forest, with a number of crushed and shattered trees lying immediately nearby, one direction of forest seemed to be a little thinner and the edges of it were faintly visible.
(The direction that Lisa ran in last night)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lizanne woke when the sky started to brighten. She was tired, but the sleep had helped. Slowly she sat up, tried to collect herself. Everybody but Renata was asleep and so she waved at her, then grabbed her improvised crutch and stood up.

Around them was a forest, that maybe ended in one direction. A forest. That was good. Maybe she could find some berries here, or other edible plants.

She hobbled to the side of their small camp, observed those that were there. Lisa, Renata, Arun, Aderet and Wilhelm. Slowly she started to stretch her leg and loosen up the cramped muscles. If they decided to leave, she would have to walk for a longer distance. Hunger clawed at her stomach and she looked over at the apples Aderet had collected, then took one and started eating, waited for the others to wake up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renata waved back at Lizanne, rubbing her eyes. She'd watched the sun slowly rise, half-expecting it to be some kind of bloody red nightmare. But, it seemed that day here was rather like day everywhere. That was good. She stood up and stretched, feeling her back and neck pop satisfyingly. One of the apples still lay in her pocket, and she took it out, biting into the chalky flesh. It wasn't great, but it was better than nothing.

Lizanne stood a ways off, doing her own stretching. Renata wandered over.

"Sleep well?" She asked. "Or, well enough?"

@Sorana

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Lizanne stood a ways off, doing her own stretching. Renata wandered over.

"Sleep well?" She asked. "Or, well enough?"

"Well enough."

Lizanne replied and tested her leg again. Better. Hopefully it would carry her through the day. She forced herself to smile at Renata.

"Did anything happen?"

She asked to bridge the silence and then saw a piece of glass lie around, reflect the sunlight. Carefully she picked it up and lifted it, looked into it's reflection. Reflection.

"Did you see a broken mirror somewhere? I need a broken mirror."

She started searching close to their camp, but planed to draw her circle larger and larger. The bathrooms. They might be a good starting point as well.

@Voidus

Quote

Is there something like that? As long as it has a better reflection than glass? A piece of polished metal would work as well.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Yep, most of the metal will be dirty or tarnished but there would be some shattered mirrors around the place, mostly buried but a few finger-sized shards could be retrieved with a little effort.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Nothing happened in the night," Renata answered, beginning to help Lizanne poke around in the rubble for bits of broken mirror glass. "That lighteyed woman - Aderet? She may have a mirror. Seems the type. What do you need it for, anyway?"

@Sorana

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"Nothing happened in the night," Renata answered, beginning to help Lizanne poke around in the rubble for bits of broken mirror glass. "That lighteyed woman - Aderet? She may have a mirror. Seems the type. What do you need it for, anyway?"

@Sorana

"I want to try something."

Lizanne knelt down it what had been a bathroom. A broken washing basin lay on top of a shattered toilet and she started to sort through the rubbish there in earnest.

"And I'd like to have my own, not borrow it."

Because she needed it, would need it more than once. To check her back, to make sure nobody was sneaking around behind her. To peek around a corner. A mirror was useful for a lot of things. Even a broken piece of one. She saw something glitter and shived a stone aside, saw a maybe fingerlong shard. Small, but perfect to carry around. Plucking it out of the dirt she wiped it on her pants to clean it and then stood up again.

"Found one."

Turning around, so that she was facing away from their camp she peered into the mirror, moved it around, especially at the place where the eye had lured out of somewhere else earlier.

Quote

In case she sees something unusual. I don't really think so, but I had to try ^_^

@Voidus

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The eye waited where she last saw it, reflected in the mirrors surface and glaring balefully at Lizanne's back as she walked past. Staring.

Watching.

A blink later and the eye vanished from view once more, reflected or otherwise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lizanne whirled around when she saw the eye in the reflection, watching, staring at her back. Then it was gone. Vanished completely.

"Did you see that?"

She asked Renata quietly, intensly.

"Did you see it?

Why should it appear in a mirror and nowwhere else? Why did it watch her? Was it only her imagination, or was it really here. Her hands shook slightly when she searched the sky, the ruins around her as well. Both with her eyes and with the mirror. It was gone. Now it was gone completely. Either she had surprised it, or it had decided to appear and then to vanish again. Carefully she wrapped the shard in a rag and put it in her pocket.

She could still feel its glance as it watched her, it was watching her. Invisible, but it was still there. She picked up a stone and threw it at the place where the eye had been, but it fell short, landed on the ground instead. Another try, this time her stone ended up too much to the right. Where had it been, it was huge, but it was hard to guess where exactly it had floated. The memory of Hellbent eating Tish surfaced and she looked around again. It was watching her, observing her. Waited for a mistake, waited to control her as well, to grab her and -

The thought made her gag and she pressed a hand over mouth, forced herself to breath slowly. Survive. She had to survive. Bury Tish, then leave search for a better hideout. If anything lived here, this place would be crawling with people soon. Scavengers. Lizanne suppressed the urge to scream, to rush over and shake the others away, to pack the apples and the cheese and flee, get away, get out. Instead she deliberatly turned to Renata, hoping that she had seen the eye as well.

@ZincAboutIt

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lisa woke up, and tried to stretch, only to be met with a stab of pain. Confused, she tried to clean her eyes, but noticed her left hand didn't work. Tilting her head she tried to remember what had happened last night, and slowly everything came back. Feeling nauseous she grabbed her left arm, lifting it up to see the grey. After sitting like that for a bit she finally got out of her blanket and slowly stood up, grabbing the blade, and walked over to the others, dragging it behind her.
"Hey," she said. "Did anything else happen last night after I fell asleep?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
12 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Renata sighed. How could she describe it? This place made her skin crawl like someone had stuffed her with cremlings. And what were they to do when the scattered dead began rotting? Any fool knew that carrion brought sickness and scavengers. Still, she had had enough of arguing. After the events of the last hour, she yearned for silence.

"Get some rest," she said quietly. "We can make our decisions with the sunrise."

 

Hellbent buried them, remember?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arundhati wakes up to the sound of voices. She yawns and stretches, causing a slight spike of pain in her leg. With a sigh she sits up and looks around. Looking at the sky and the clouds she sighs again, Why couldn’t the stars have come out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

 

Quote

That’s right! Thank you!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kenod said:

Lisa woke up, and tried to stretch, only to be met with a stab of pain. Confused, she tried to clean her eyes, but noticed her left hand didn't work. Tilting her head she tried to remember what had happened last night, and slowly everything came back. Feeling nauseous she grabbed her left arm, lifting it up to see the grey. After sitting like that for a bit she finally got out of her blanket and slowly stood up, grabbing the blade, and walked over to the others, dragging it behind her.
"Hey," she said. "Did anything else happen last night after I fell asleep?"

Lizanne turned towards her and smiled in greeting.

"Good morning Lisa. Nothing happened. Renata told me, that it was quiet and -"

She paused when her eyes fell on the grey arm hanging uselessly at Lisa's side. Without hesitation she limped over to her, worried that she was hurt more badly than she had let on last night.

"What happened to you arm?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renata glanced around, panicked, when Lizanne mentioned the eye, though it was nowhere to be seen. She wrapped her arms around herself, then looked at Lisa's arm.

Definitely a shardblade cut. "There's no healing that," she said quietly, nodding towards the arm, which hung grey and lifeless at Lisa's side. "It'll be that way forever... I'm sorry."

@Sorana @kenod

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lizanne fell silent, stared at Lisa's arm, at Renata.

"But there has to be a way?"

She asked, not wanting to believe that it was as easy as that. There was always a way. She hadn't given up, when she was captured, she hadn't stepped back when they hit her, when the beat her spirit out of her. She hadn't given up until she finally escaped.

"There are so many people that know about investiture. Someone has to be able to get this right again?"

Her voice turned almost pleading when she grabbed Renata's hand.

"Anything?"

@ZincAboutIt

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne fell silent, stared at Lisa's arm, at Renata.

"But there has to be a way?"

She asked, not wanting to believe that it was as easy as that. There was always a way. She hadn't given up, when she was captured, she hadn't stepped back when they hit her, when the beat her spirit out of her. She hadn't given up until she finally escaped.

"There are so many people that know about investiture. Someone has to be able to get this right again?"

Her voice turned almost pleading when she grabbed Renata's hand.

"Anything?"

@ZincAboutIt

 

Renata flinched a little when Lizanne touched her, but forced herself to relax. She shrugged a bit.

"Maybe if we were back in the Alleycity, we could find someone, some way. But here?" Renata shook her head. "I'm no Knight Radiant. That blade," she pointed to the Shardblade in Lisa's hand, "cuts right through a thing, right to the soul. That's why the eyes burn. I saw some wounds like that in Jah Keved. I..."

Her voice faltered, memories of the civil war echoing through her mind. She clenched her hands into fists, then sighed. "I'm sorry."

Edited by ZincAboutIt
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Did you guys already leave the area of the tower?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Lisa watched Lizanne and Renata. "I've heard of ways to heal it," she said. "They're expensive though, and require special magic. I can look into it once I get back to the Alleycity. For now there isn't anything we can do about it though, so I'll just have to deal with it."
"Besides," she said, forcing a smile, "It isn't that bad. It isn't my dominant hand, so I don't use it that much, and my shoulder still works, so it doesn't impact my balance too much." She swung her arm around to demonstrate it. "At least it wasn't one of my legs, or my right arm." Or my spine, she silently added.

Just now, Snipexe said:
Quote

Did you guys already leave the area of the tower?

 

Quote

We're still there. Since Hellbent was gone we decided to sleep there. Currently everyone is just waking up, except for the few who stood watch.

 

Edited by kenod
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kenod said:

Lisa watched Lizanne and Renata. "I've heard of ways to heal it," she said. "They're expensive though, and require special magic. I can look into it once I get back to the Alleycity. For now there isn't anything we can do about it though, so I'll just have to deal with it."
"Besides," she said, forcing a smile, "It isn't that bad. It isn't my dominant hand, so I don't use it that much, and my shoulder still works, so it doesn't impact my balance too much." She swung her arm around to demonstrate it. "At least it wasn't one of my legs, or my right arm." Or my spine, she silently added.

 

Quote

Thanks.

Jack awoke with a gasp and then groaned. He felt a goosebump rising from his head, and slowly stood up, only to collapse to the ground again, throwing up. What had happened? The lighter sky hurt his eyes. Last he had remembered he’d been fight that oaf. He looked to the women, then stumbled to them. 

“What happened?”

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snipexe said:

“What happened?”

"Lisa killed Hellbent. They eye was here again, a few minutes ago. We need to decide if we stay here or leave. And we should bury Tish."

Lizanne summed it up. She hadn't really talked with Jack yet, but somehow was glad he was still alive. They needed every hand they could get. Earnestly she turned back to Lisa

"We'll try. Do you need something to bind the arm to your upper body?"

@kenod

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.