The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

When Lisa regained consciousness she was lying against a tree, with Hellbent's corpse in front of her. She tried to sit up, then froze as a flash of pain ran through her. Broken ribs, she thought absently. She noticed she was clenching her right hand, and found that she was still holding her knife. She tried to move up her left arm to close it, couldn't feel her hand and elbow. She knew that she should feel panic, but instead she just felt numb. She slowly moved her right hand, closing the knife and putting it back in her pocket. Slowly she stood up, trying to ignore the flashes of pain, and looked at Hellbent. She saw his sword lying next to him, and after moment of hesitation, picked it up. A small flash of light came from the gemstone on the blade, and she slowly started walking back to the ruins, blade dragging behind her.

Lisa reached the edge of the forest, and saw the fire amidst the ruins. Tired she walked towards it, looking for the others. When she entered the light of the fire she cracked a tired smile.  "Hey," she said.

6 minutes ago, kenod said:

Lisa reached the edge of the forest, and saw the fire amidst the ruins. Tired she walked towards it, looking for the others. When she entered the light of the fire she cracked a tired smile.  "Hey," she said.

"Hey."

Lizanne looked up, relieved to hear that voice again. Lisa. She was back and she looked alright. Tired, but alright. She had feared Lisa would be dead, her body eaten by Hellbent or by the terrible eye. But she was here, smiling even and there were no signs that she was badly hurt either.

Lizanne limped over, hesitated and then shyly hugged her.

"Are you alright? Is he still following you?"

She asked worried that Hellbent would attack them again soon, that he would finish what he'd started.

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Hey."

Lizanne looked up, relieved to hear that voice again. Lisa. She was back and she looked alright. Tired, but alright. She had feared Lisa would be dead, her body eaten by Hellbent or by the terrible eye. But she was here, smiling even and there were no signs that she was badly hurt either.

Lizanne limped over, hesitated and then shyly hugged her.

"Are you alright? Is he still following you?"

She asked worried that Hellbent would attack them again soon, that he would finish what he'd started.

Lisa winced at the hug. "Careful," she said, "broken ribs." She held up the shardblade. "He's dead," she said. Her face clouded. "At least, I think so. I didn't really want to go and check. And from what I heard the sword is only supposed to appear when he dies, right?"

Edited by kenod
punctuation

29 minutes ago, kenod said:

Lisa winced at the hug. "Careful," she said, "broken ribs." She held up the shardblade. "He's dead," she said. Her face clouded. "At least, I think so. I didn't really want to go and check. And from what I heard the sword is only supposed to appear when he dies, right?"

Lizanne let her arms fall down, as if burned. Had there been a sign? Carefully she took a step backwards.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you."

"You should sit down. Can I do anything about the ribs?"

Worried she moved a piece of wood closer to the fire for Lisa to sit down.

"Wilhelm, Renata, do you know when a Shardblade appears?"

She asked them and then suddenly something was there. She'd felt observed the whole time, but now - it was here. Behind her shoulder. Whirling around she stared into the darkness. Nothing. Invisible probably.

@I think I am here.

@ZincAboutIt

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne let her arms fall down, as if burned. Had there been a sign? Carefully she took a step backwards.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you."

"You should sit down. Can I do anything about the ribs?"

Worried she moved a piece of wood closer to the fire for Lisa to sit down.

"Wilhelm, Renata, do you know when a Shardblade appears?"

She asked them and then suddenly something was there. She'd felt observed the whole time, but now - it was here. Behind her shoulder. Whirling around she stared into the darkness. Nothing. Invisible probably.

@I think I am here.

@ZincAboutIt

"Doesn't hurt that much," Lisa lied. "Not much to do about it though, I think."

She laid the sword down next to the wood, and pushed it back against some stones, to have something to lean against. She looked around and with a small chuckle picked up the blanket she had used before everything happened. She sat down and wrapped herself in it, trying to hide the state of her arm.

9 hours ago, Sorana said:

Can everybody hear that noise, btw? We kind of acted like it was only hearable in the forest, but was that right?

Would have been very faintly audible outside, but has faded away now.

2 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

One arm is, uh, shardblade-ed, right?

Her left arm has been cut. Between her shoulder and her elbow, to be precise. So it's mostly paralyzed, except for the few movements that only require the shoulder. She's currently trying to hide it, but it'll become obvious in the morning, given that her sleeve would be missing and her arm grey.

33 minutes ago, kenod said:

"Doesn't hurt that much," Lisa lied. "Not much to do about it though, I think."

She laid the sword down next to the wood, and pushed it back against some stones, to have something to lean against. She looked around and with a small chuckle picked up the blanket she had used before everything happened. She sat down and wrapped herself in it, trying to hide the state of her arm.

Lizanne nodded, noticed how Lisa seemed to go easy on one of her arms. Without commenting on it she handed her one of the rags they'd cut into bandages earlier and then pointedly turned away. It was good to hide an injury. The weak ones died first. The longer you appeared strong, the better.

"We should try to sleep again."

She stated loud enough for everybody to hear and picked up the two halfs of her net. She would have to repair it, you never knew when it came in handy. Tiredly she sat down, hoped someone would decide that her watch was over.

======

Edit:

Thanks Voidus, then we got that right.

Edited by Sorana

4 minutes ago, kenod said:

No interest at all in how Hellbent died, I see. :P

I have characters that are curious. count Lizanne out of that list. If you say he's dead, he is. The rest isn't important, surviving the night and the next day is.

Renata stood up from where she'd settled Arun, then sheathed her boot knife when Lisa said Hellbent was dead. Her eyes went wide at the shardblade.

"If she has that blade, he is dead," Renata said, somewhat in awe. She walked over to Lisa and sat beside her, noticing that she seemed to be favoring her arm.

Cut by the blade? No coming back from that, though she decided not to mention it yet. Better to let her savor her victory for a bit.

"I'll take the watch now, Lizanne," Renata called. The woman looked half-dead on her feet, and she'd need her strength for travel tomorrow. She pointedly avoided looking at Wilhelm's trap, where Tish's body still lay scorched and ravaged by teeth-marks.

"We should still plan to leave tomorrow, we can't linger here." Renata rumaged in her pack and brought out both the Doctor's and her own journal, along with a pencil. "Who knows what else is out there..." There would be no more sleep for her tonight; she might as well begin writing a report of her own.

@Sorana @kenod @I think I am here.

*cough* *cough*

@ZincAboutIt

Arun might as well have been asleep for all the good her eyes and ears did. After the pain of getting the glass out of her leg her brain just shut of sensory input in order to try and shut out more pain. The first thing Arun notices after coming out of the shell is that she’s been moved.

“Uh. What’s happening?” She asks.

Edited by Blessing of Potency

3 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"We should still plan to leave tomorrow, we can't linger here." Renata rumaged in her pack and brought out both the Doctor's and her own journal, along with a pencil. "Who knows what else is out there..." There would be no more sleep for her tonight; she might as well begin writing a report of her own.

Lizanne nodded and curled up on the ground, covered herself with her blanket. She made sure to stay close to the fire and to Renata and Lisa. She didn't trust them fully, but they were better than Hellbent.

Her thoughts ran in circles and sleep eluded her for a while. So much had happened. The eye, she felt observed, they were in danger, they had to flee. Tomorrow. Still she closed her eyes and tried to rest.

Sooorry! 

Renata looked back to Arun, realizing the girl had spoken.

"I'm sorry," she said, getting up and settling the journals in the crook of her arm. She went back to Arun and crouched down. "Hellbent went mad, and he... killed Tish. Then he chased Lisa into the forest. She killed him."

And there's a giant red eye out there somewhere that could turn us all into murderous cannibals.

"You should try and rest - I'm sorry I woke you so roughly, but I was worried you might die." Renata pulled one of the apples from her coat pocket and handed it to Arun. "Eat this, then sleep. It'll be slow travelling tomorrow, but we'll need to put as much distance between ourselves and this place as we can." 

@Blessing of Potency

Just now, Blessing of Potency said:

Arun blinks, “alright then.” She says, she feels like there should be feeling attached to this but she’s still pretty numb on the inside. She takes the apple, “thank you. You could have easily just left me behind, so, thank you.”

@ZincAboutIt

We very nearly did. Renata managed a weak half-smile. "Don't mention it."

She walked back to the fire and set her back to it, letting the glow fall on her journal while preserving her view of the misty night. She took the pencil out from behind her ear and began writing, sketching her own version of the eye in the top corner of the page. There was so much they didn't know. Silently, she cursed the Doctor for leading them into this mess, and she cursed herself as one of the Ten Fools for accepting his invitation.

Lisa sat back against the wall, trying to sleep, but found that she couldn't. She silently stared into the flames, when suddenly her eyes fell on Tish's corpse. At that moment everything that had happened hit home, Silently tears started streaming down her face, and finally she fell asleep, hand lying on the hilt of her Shardblade.

Wilhelm saw Lisa return, one of those special ettmetal blades in hand. Which according to Renata meant Hellbent was dead. He was willing to trust her on that.

Still, if only they had that body now. With all the height and muscle, that was some good meat.

Shaking his head he took out a slab of old bear meat and took a bite, wrapping it up again and putting it away.

“That eye only came when Hellbent killed someone,” he said. “Does death attract it?”

18 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“That eye only came when Hellbent killed someone,” he said. “Does death attract it?”

Renata turned at that, squinting against the brightness of the fire.

"That's a good question. Maybe? Though Lizanne saw it while we were scavenging - no one was killed then. But I suppose all the dead around..."

Renata grimaced. "It's just one more reason to leave this place. Too many bodies, too much death. At least Hellbent's body is out there somewhere, and not here. If death attracts the eye, it'll be out in the forest."

She tried to make her voice sound confident, but her fingers shook as she put her pencil back on the journal page to make a note of the possibility.