The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

That's extremely unrealistic, he's probably twice as fast as her, and started maybe two seconds after her.

Hellbent slashed through the trees, following the path the woman had crushed through the forest. He used wild cuts, trees, bushes, and other growth falling apart.

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

That's extremely unrealistic, he's probably twice as fast as her, and started maybe two seconds after her.

Hellbent slashed through the trees, following the path the woman had crushed through the forest. He used wild cuts, trees, bushes, and other growth falling apart.

It isn't. Lisa was already prepared to run immediately, and would have thrown the spear from as far away as she could. At the same time she's a fast runner with good shoes high on Adrenalin, while Hellbent has two stab wounds in one arm and is holding a six foot long shardblade. Sure, he's tall, but both of those would make running difficult, since they would impact his balance while also making running at full speed dangerous because of the risk of tripping and injuring himself.
Sure, he'd gain on her, but not immediately, and inside the forest his bulk would make running at top speed a lot more difficult, especially with the lack of light.

Also, what path is Lisa crushing through the forest? She isn't that heavy, and it's night. While she's leaving a trail it shouldn't be that easy to see, especially not when Hellbent is running at full speed. He can probably follow the noise she's making, but actually following a trail shouldn't be possible.

Lisa heard loud crashing noises behind her, and knew Hellbent was coming closer. Her heart was thundering in her ears, and she tried to run even faster, but knew it was only a matter of time before he caught her. She turned to the right, ducking in between two trees and continued running, hoping that Hellbent wouldn't notice.

Like I said, she is leaving a trail, but it shouldn't be visible to someone running at full speed, not in the dark at least.

Also, with which hand is Hellbent holding his shardblade? I'm asking this since his right arm is injured.

Lisa heard Hellbent closing in, and knew it was only a matter of time before he killed her. Frantically she started looking around for something she could use to get away.

Can we stop here for now, so we can wait for the GM to say if there is something usable nearby, like a fast-flowing river or a small cliff side?

Also, how long for blood loss to start taking an effect on Hellbent? I don't think it'll be in time to actually save Lisa, but it would be good to know. It would also give an indicator on if he could actually make it back in time to kill the others.

Vision is going to be quite limited due to the low light and mist, tracking is going to be difficult but then so is making out much of your surroundings.

Can probably just make out a low cobblestone wall beyond the edge of the forest, on the opposite side from where they entered.

7 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Alright, it seems I need another summary.

We took the glass out of Arun’s leg and Aderet patched it up. We went to sleep, Hellbent killed Tish, the large eye returned and made him a cannibal, he began eating Tish. Everyone ran away from the cellar except for Wilhelm and Jack, who tried to fight Hellbent. They managed to get some stab wounds in him without dying.

Arun was still in the cellar and then those who ran away came to help get her. Lizanne And Lisa helped attack Hellbent while Renata carried Arun out of there.

Hellbent is now chasing Lisa while Lizanne and Wilhelm make a trap for Hellbent at the cellar using Tish’s body as bait.

Wilhelm continued making the trap, grateful of Lizanne’s help.

Aderet stayed by Lizanne, not doing anything, but not getting in the way either. It was her own way of being helpful especially as she could feel her hands shaking. Like she'd feared, the situation kept worsening.

6 hours ago, Silva said:

Aderet stayed by Lizanne, not doing anything, but not getting in the way either. It was her own way of being helpful especially as she could feel her hands shaking. Like she'd feared, the situation kept worsening.

Lizanne noted Aderet stay close by, keeping out of their way.

"Pack as much apples and cheese as you can. Bring some of them to Renata as well."

She instructed and added a late,

"Please."

after a short pause. Wilhelm continued to build the trap and so she didn't stop working either, despite the way her leg protested. When he lifted a larger piece of rubble aside she found another stick that could be used as a crutch and after hesitation for a moment she picked it up. Better. Now and then she looked over her shoulder, felt uneasy, as if she was being watched, every movement noted down.

"Do you think he will come back? Maybe we should get away now? Hide and then look for Lisa?"

@I think I am here.

7 hours ago, Voidus said:

Vision is going to be quite limited due to the low light and mist, tracking is going to be difficult but then so is making out much of your surroundings.

Can probably just make out a low cobblestone wall beyond the edge of the forest, on the opposite side from where they entered.

So there isn't anything nearby that can help Lisa?

Nothing to jump off of, plenty to hide behind, throw, etc.

A faint sound began piercing the air, echoing from the misty forest. A faint, somewhat familiar scream.

Hellbent could hear the scream as well, resounding from inside his head.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Nothing to jump off of, plenty to hide behind, throw, etc.

A faint sound began piercing the air, echoing from the misty forest. A faint, somewhat familiar scream.

Hellbent could hear the scream as well, resounding from inside his head.

So plan B I guess.

Lisa didn't see anything, and started to panic. Mind rushing, a plan started to form in her head. She looked in front of her, and managed to spot something lying on the ground. Ducking, she picked up the small rock, nearly tripping the the process. She quickly hid behind the biggest tree she could see, throwing the rock in the different direction, hoping Hellbent would go there instead. Then she hid, keeping down her breath, and took her knife from her pocket, unfolding it. She peeked behind the tree, trying to spot Hellbent.

I suggest Hellbent falls for the distraction. If he doesn't fall for it he'll likely die, since in his current condition Lisa should be able to still injure him and cause him to bleed out, even if he kills her, since he'd be weak from blood loss, his right arm is mostly unusable (the injury should be fairly bad already, but all his running around would have made the wound worse), and he'd be using his shardblade with only one hand, possibly his non-dominant one.
The environment wouldn't help either, since the dark makes seeing each other harder, but Hellbent is a lot taller and thus easier to see and hear. Hellbent's size and shardblade would also make moving around harder.

Personal guess: If he does attack, Lisa would probably spot him, and if she dodges his first attack it should give enough time to stab him once. If she survives would depend on where she hits, but any leg wound should allow her to escape and leave Hellbent to bleed out, while hits to vital areas or arteries would kill him, though both might give him enough time for a second attack and kill her, depending on how off-balance she is after her own attack.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:55 PM, I think I am here. said:

We took the glass out of Arun’s leg and Aderet patched it up. We went to sleep, Hellbent killed Tish, the large eye returned and made him a cannibal, he began eating Tish. Everyone ran away from the cellar except for Wilhelm and Jack, who tried to fight Hellbent. They managed to get some stab wounds in him without dying.

Arun was still in the cellar and then those who ran away came to help get her. Lizanne And Lisa helped attack Hellbent while Renata carried Arun out of there.

Hellbent is now chasing Lisa while Lizanne and Wilhelm make a trap for Hellbent at the cellar using Tish’s body as bait.

Oh, fantastic.

Arun might as well have been asleep for all the good her eyes and ears did. After the pain of getting the glass out of her leg her brain just shut of sensory input in order to try and shut out more pain. The first thing Arun notices after coming out of the shell is that she’s been moved.

“Uh. What’s happening?” She asks.

Oof... third person did not work for me there.

Edited by Blessing of Potency

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Do you think he will come back? Maybe we should get away now? Hide and then look for Lisa?"

“This trap is not only for him,” Wilhelm said. Should the Eye return, he would want a plan. And for any intruders, the trap could be used. He accidentally pressed the bleeding part of his arm against a piece of wood and cursed in South Scadrian.

“I don’t think hiding would be good. If we can defend it enough, this place is good.” He looked back at her.

“Though, if you want to, do not let me stop you.”

23 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Though, if you want to, do not let me stop you.”

Lizanne shook her head, handed him one of the rags she'd scavenged earlier, gestured towards his arm. She was tired, it was late and the day had been exhausting. At least a part of them had gotten some hours of sleep. She didn't bother to reply, instead she continued to sort through the rubbish for anything he might be able to use. The eye would find her anyway. Hellbent would kill Lisa, return and then kill her aswell. You always killed the weak ones first.

6 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne shook her head, handed him one of the rags she'd scavenged earlier, gestured towards his arm. She was tired, it was late and the day had been exhausting. At least a part of them had gotten some hours of sleep. She didn't bother to reply, instead she continued to sort through the rubbish for anything he might be able to use. The eye would find her anyway. Hellbent would kill Lisa, return and then kill her aswell. You always killed the weak ones first.

I'm really looking forward to her reaction when Lisa returns alive, possibly carrying Hellbent's shardblade.

Statement conditional on Lisa in fact managing to return alive.

6 minutes ago, kenod said:

I'm really looking forward to her reaction when Lisa returns alive, possibly carrying Hellbent's shardblade.

Statement conditional on Lisa in fact managing to return alive.

She'll be really happy. She likes Lisa a lot. Maybe that noise will divert him as well.

Hellbent's dominant is his left hand, and that's how he's always trained, so this won't actually impair his fighting that much.

Hellbent heard the forest go silent. Then he heard a clatter. But it also went silent. He growled. Probably a distraction.

Hellbent stepped over some bush, trailing his injured right arm along the trees. Then he lifted his blade, face a snarl, and began cutting through and tree he saw, at an angle that it would fall away from him, onto any hiding behind them.

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

Hellbent's dominant is his left hand, and that's how he's always trained, so this won't actually impair his fighting that much.

Hellbent heard the forest go silent. Then he heard a clatter. But it also went silent. He growled. Probably a distraction.

Hellbent stepped over some bush, trailing his injured right arm along the trees. Then he lifted his blade, face a snarl, and began cutting through and tree he saw, at an angle that it would fall away from him, onto any hiding behind them.

Alright. So his left hand being his dominant one should help him. On the other hand, because of his injured arm he should leave an opening during (or straight after) swinging his shardblade. He's also swinging his shardblade quite a lot right now making timing attacks a lot easier, while allowing Lisa to see him coming. I think Lisa should be able to get in a single attack during the opening his swing creates, thought it would leave her open to counter-attacks. I've got two different ways this can go, based on how she attacks. I'll lay them out here so you can choose which one to go with.

• Lisa attacks his legs. This should leave Hellbent alive, but make running difficult, allowing her to escape. After her escape he can take care of his wounds (or the eye can heal him) and come back to harass the group later on. Given that she's attacking his leg he should be able to get a good kick or kneeing in, bruising her stomach and breaking a number of ribs. Both survive, but are injured. This option would be good because it means that we don't get any big consequences aka. character deaths from Kidpen's decision to quit.
  • Lisa goes for a vital area. This should kill Hellbent, but create a much bigger opening for a counter-attack as well. I'd say it will at least end in one of Lisa's arms being broken or cut, as well as several broken ribs, though I'm also willing to just let Voidus or Fatebreaker roll the dice and decide for us. Of course, the issue is that Hellbent would be dead. On the other hand, given that we are in a horror setting we could have the Eye or something else resurrect Hellbent as some demonic creature once Lisa is gone. I personally like the killing and resurrection idea the most, since it'll move the plot forwards while also creating a good amount of character development for both characters. Of course, this would require the GM being okay with the resurrection. Though if we go with the resurrection and not just Hellbent dying I'd like for Lisa to get out alive, since otherwise she'd basically die for nothing.
    Of course, you could also just let Hellbent die and ask Voidus for a monster to control.
    Edit: Lisa will take Hellbent's shardblade if he dies. If he gets resurrected or you get a monster they'd probably get more than enough powers to offset the loss.

Edited by kenod

Lisa saw Hellbent coming towards her tree, cutting everything down, and knew her diversion hadn't worked. She felt the knife in her hand, and tried to make up her mind on what to do. She then saw the image of Hellbent kicking Lizanne, threatening to kill her. Hellbent killing and burning Tish, and then starting to eat her body. At that point something snapped, and her expression changed, growing calm and emotionless.
She watched as Hellbent arrived at her tree, and she saw him swing his blade down to the left, ready to cut it down, as well as anybody behind it. She also saw the wounds on his right arm, how it hung limply at his side. She started moving while the blade crashed down at her, ducking beneath it, moving around the tree towards his right side. She jumped up, grabbing his right arm with her left, aiming for his wounds, while stabbing her knife towards his throat.

Hellbent tried to move backwards, but wasn't fast enough. It hit his neck, hitting an artery. He growled, swinging his shardblade towards her arm and kicking out.

Lisa smiled as the blade struck home, not noticing Hellbent's leg. A sudden pain blossomed in her chest and back, and when she blinked she found herself lying against a tree. She tried to figure out how she got there, while she heard a voice screaming at her to move. Sluggishly she tried to throw herself to the side, pain flaming up again from her ribs. At that point the Shardblade struck home, and an agonizing sensation flared up in her left arm only to immediately vanish, replaced by emptiness.

Hellbent kicked her, then fell, and everything went dark.

This was agreed on by me and Kenod

Hey Voidus, could Hellbent get resurrected as a weird eldritch horror thing

Aderet moved off to the meager food supplies. She cautiously removed a skirt layer and twisted it into the closest she could to a basket shape. It was by no means flawless and wasn't going to be long lasting due to the weave of the fabric and the unsecureness of her knots because of the fabric's slipperiness and thickness. 

She compacted as much as she could into it, slung it over her shoulder, and returned to Lizanne.