The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“Hellbent offered to watch."

She told him, in case he had missed it earlier. She wasn't comfortable with him watching, but then she trusted none of them completely.

"We don't have a choice. We need to sleep. Otherwise we'll make mistakes, or fall asleep without some kind of shelter."

“Yes,” Wilhelm replied. “I will watch too. I’m not sleeping with the crazy man watching over me. He is an animal.”

And you are any different?

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

“Yes,” Wilhelm replied. “I will watch too. I’m not sleeping with the crazy man watching over me. He is an animal.”

And you are any different?

"It's stupid to stay awake the whole night. We should share the burden."

Lizanne took another sip of the water and grimaced. She would turn into an alcholic in no time, if they didn't find anything else. But then, did it matter? She would have to place her life in the hands of these guys, and she was the weakest one, after Arun maybe. They would kill her, if it fit their purpose. She grimaced and drank again. If she stayed strong, she had to. She didn't want to die here.

Renata kept a close eye on Aderet as she slowly stitched Arun's wound closed. She'd need to make sure the woman didn't faint and break the gut thread - that would not be a pleasant thing, and she only had so much of that thread.

"I can take a watch," she said, hand straying to her pack again, and another reaching up to brush the edges of her hair - as if to make sure both were indeed still with her. "We should have two at a time, preferably someone who has some combat training on each shift." She nodded towards Hellbent. 

"That means you, of course, Brightlord, but you'll need to rest at some point." She turned to Wilhelm, eyes serious. "You spent some time out in the wilds of your own country, didn't you? I'm guessing you know how to kill, if necessary."

Renata got up and moved towards Wilhelm, who had put on the boots and was watching Arun with a kind of mesmerized focus. She pulled the Doctor's notebook out of her pack and flipped to the last page, showing him.

"Lizanne saw this thing while we were inspecting the dead," she said, voice low to avoid panicking the others. "Something is out there, and it was watching the Doctor too. I don't know if it can be killed, but you should be ready in case."

@I think I am here.

Lisa took the bandages from the pan, and carefully wrapped them around Arun's leg, making sure they weren't tight enough to restrict blood flow.
Lisa stood up, and nodded to Arun. "That's it," she said, and let out a sigh of relief. "Tomorrow we'll need to check the bandage, and refresh if it is too dirty." She got a wry smile on her face. "I'd also tell you not to put too much stress on the wound, but..."

Yawning, Lisa stood up, grabbing one of the thick curtains, and wrapped it around herself to keep warm, making sure she could easily get out of it if necessary. She thought about going to sleep, but the idea of the Eye still stuck in her mind. Supressing a shiver she sat up, grabbing the stick she had started carving earlier that day, and continued sharpening the tip.

17 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

She pulled the Doctor's notebook out of her pack and flipped to the last page, showing him.

"Lizanne saw this thing while we were inspecting the dead," she said, voice low to avoid panicking the others. "Something is out there, and it was watching the Doctor too. I don't know if it can be killed, but you should be ready in case."

Wilhelm ignored the large man’s growls, reaffirming his stance. He looked over to the book Renata showed him. A large bloodshot eye.

“Some sort of creature,” Wilhelm guessed. He tilted his head to the side. “But if it has such a big eye, it must not be good in other senses?” He asked.

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

Hellbent walked slowly forward, toward the notebook.

Suddenly, his arm flashed forward, pulling it out of Renata's grip.

"Go to sleep or I throw it in the fire."

He stabbed backward, holding the book.

Renata stood quickly, one hand outstretched as if to grab the book, before remembering that he held a Shardblade. She swallowed her anger and held back the white knot of terror in her throat.

If he throws that into the fire, we'll be even more blind than we are now.

"Fine," Renata said, holding out both hands to her sides. "Just... just give me the journal, alright? You take first watch."

She hated the pleading tone of her voice, but it couldn't be helped. 

Renata took the journal back from Hellbent, then nodded to Lizanne. She bent down to help Arun stand.

"Someone help me," she said, pulling one of Arun's arms around her shoulders. "We need to get her down to the cellar and keep the stitches from ripping."

She cast a meaningful glance at Lizanne. "Keep an eye out for that... thing out there," she said quietly. "Whatever it is, it's watching us. Try and catch a look at it if you can - the whole thing. We'll want to know."

@Sorana

2 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

She cast a meaningful glance at Lizanne. "Keep an eye out for that... thing out there," she said quietly. "Whatever it is, it's watching us. Try and catch a look at it if you can - the whole thing. We'll want to know."

"I will."

Lizanne leaned over, her hands lifting the net and whispered into her ear.

"And not only for the thing."

"I will wake you, should we need some support or are attacked"

She added louder and for everybody to hear.

3 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Renata took the journal back from Hellbent, then nodded to Lizanne. She bent down to help Arun stand.

"Someone help me," she said, pulling one of Arun's arms around her shoulders. "We need to get her down to the cellar and keep the stitches from ripping."

@Sorana

Lisa stood up and grabbed Arun's other arm. "I'll be sleeping upstairs," she said. "I don't really like staying down there, it's too dark and cramped."

As the others slept, and Lizanne had her back turned, Hellbent walked up to Tish, a dark smile on his face.

Silently, he sliced the shardblade through her, severing the soul. Then he moved the body into the coals, so the head would burn.

He walked back to his post, like nothing had happened.

Hellbent had never liked her anyway.

Lizanne turned around when she heard Hellbent move, careful to not have him in her back.

She turned just in time to see him move Tish's motionless body into the coals and walk away.

Lizanne screamed in alarm. She hastened, as fast as she could, over to Lisa, moved her body between her sleeping friend and Hellbent, then she screamed again, called out for Renata and Wilhelm. Her hand moved towards her bag where she had hid the knife she had found earlier.

@kenod

@ZincAboutIt

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana