The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

6 minutes ago, kenod said:

"By the way," she asked, curiously, "Who is going to take care of stitching the wound?"

Lizanne pondered about the question for a moment, then turned towards the crying girl. She looked rich. And rich girls usually knew how to sew well.

"Can you sew?"

She asked her bluntly, not commenting on the tears.

"If she can't - I can patch a shirt. But it's neither pretty, nor am I really skilled."

Her last words were quieter and she leaned over to Lisa and Renata while talking, to keep Arun from overhearing.

@ZincAboutIt

@Silva

Edited by Sorana

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne pondered about the question for a moment, then turned towards the crying girl. She looked rich. And rich girls usually knew how to sew well.

"Can you sew?"

She asked her bluntly, not commenting on the tears.

"If she can't - I can patch a shirt. But it's neither pretty, nor am I really skilled."

Her last words were quieter and she leaned over to Lisa and Renata while talking, to keep Arun from overhearing.

@ZincAboutIt

@Silva

Lisa nodded. She thought for a bit, and took another look at the wound. "Well," she said softly, "with a bit of luck we might not even need to stitch the wound. If it doesn't bleed that badly we could probably just use bandages. It isn't as if the cut is that wide." She really hoped it was the case, since nobody here was likely able to properly stitch a wound.

"Anyway, I'm going to sterilize these," she said, holding up the bandages and tools. "I want to get this whole thing done while it isn't completely dark yet."

She walked back to the cooking wine, taking the bandages, needle and thread from the pouches, and dropped them into the wine.

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

Aderet looked up. She could tell her eyes were red from crying, but didn't bother dabbing them with a handkerchief. There was no point. 

"I can embroider," she said. "Why?"

5 minutes ago, Silva said:

Aderet looked up. She could tell her eyes were red from crying, but didn't bother dabbing them with a handkerchief. There was no point. 

"I can embroider," she said. "Why?"

"We're trying to decide if anyone is skilled enough to sew up Arun's wound," Renata said, not bothering to look up from the journal. A tiny, wicked smirk tugged at the corner of her mouth as she thought of Aderet trying to stitch up Arun's leg.

I wonder if she'll faint.

Renata gotten out her own notebook and started copying the writing on the loose letters so she could re-read them all in one place. "Though perhaps she won't need it."

She looked over a Lisa. "If that's the case, I'll want my needles and thread back. I only have so much gut thread, and I don't want to make more..."

13 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"We're trying to decide if anyone is skilled enough to sew up Arun's wound," Renata said, not bothering to look up from the journal. A tiny, wicked smirk tugged at the corner of her mouth as she thought of Aderet trying to stitch up Arun's leg.

I wonder if she'll faint.

Renata gotten out her own notebook and started copying the writing on the loose letters so she could re-read them all in one place. "Though perhaps she won't need it."

She looked over a Lisa. "If that's the case, I'll want my needles and thread back. I only have so much gut thread, and I don't want to make more..."

Lisa gave Renata a sheepish look. "Um, sorry, I'm currently sterilizing them," she said in a apologetic tone, "so you'll have to wait until the wine has cooled down again. Still, we won't know if we need to sew up the wound until the glass is out, so it's better to have it sterilized anyway, since we can't do it when we've already started, and I don't want to sew up her wounds with equipment that isn't sterilized, since it'll probably create a bad infection."

Edit: A bit back someone found some pills. Was there a label on them? And if so, what does it say? Lisa might be able to recognize it if it is a more common type of medicine, especially since it'll probably come from an earth if it is a pill. (Either that or misinterpret it and accidentally poison someone)

@Voidus

Edited by kenod

16 minutes ago, kenod said:

Lisa gave Renata a sheepish look. "Um, sorry, I'm currently sterilizing them," she said in a apologetic tone, "so you'll have to wait until the wine has cooled down again. Still, we won't know if we need to sew up the wound until the glass is out, so it's better to have it sterilized anyway, since we can't do it when we've already started, and I don't want to sew up her wounds with equipment that isn't sterilized, since it'll probably create a bad infection."

Renata nodded at her. "You're the expert," she said, still distracted thinking about the red eye in the darkness. "Just be sure I get them back if we don't use them."

She began picking through the pile of belongings they had stripped of the dead, fishing out the pair of fine boots and holding them up to Wilhelm. "Try these on - they may fit you. We'll be walking tomorrow morning, and the last thing we need is you cutting your foot on something. We can't afford more injuries." @I think I am here.

I think the pill bottle is unmarked from what I recall. That's why they were checking the doorman for old injuries or clear drug use signs, to try and figure out what it was.

Lisa nodded back to Renata, and focused on the cooking wine, sometimes looking around her nervously, still scared of the talk about the eye. After a few minutes she lifted the pot from the fire, setting it down beside her so it could cool down. She turned away from the fire, staring at the woods, contemplating where everything had gone wrong. She had a hard time deciding between coming to the alleyverse and accepting the doctor's invitation.

Actually the pills were next on my list to adress.

Lizanne continued to make the net. You never knew.

"We found some pills, but we have no idea what they are."

"I checked the doorman for obvious injuries, but found nothing. So I have no idea what they are."

And Hellbent had buried the dead. That was suprising, maybe even he had another side as well. The rich one could sew, if she didn't faint she had potential. Lizanne looked over her shoulder, nothing. She felt observed.

@kenod

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne continued to make the net. You never knew.

"We found some pills, but we have no idea what they are."

"I checked the doorman for obvious injuries, but found nothing. So I have no idea what they are."

And Hellbent had buried the dead. That was suprising, maybe even he had another side as well. The rich one could sew, if she didn't faint she had potential. Lizanne looked over her shoulder, nothing. She felt observed.

@kenod

Lisa looked up. "Do they have a label?" She asked. "Otherwise, does he have any rashes, or small, infected injuries?" She gave Lizanne an apologetic look. "You might have to look under his cloths, chances are that any rashes are likely at his feet or in more ... sensitive areas."

8 minutes ago, kenod said:

Lisa looked up. "Do they have a label?" She asked. "Otherwise, does he have any rashes, or small, infected injuries?" She gave Lizanne an apologetic look. "You might have to look under his cloths, chances are that any rashes are likely at his feet or in more ... sensitive areas."

"I found nothing, and they aren't labeled."

She handed the pills over.

"I am no healer. It is likely that I missed something."

Getting to her feet she held the net up. It was crude, but she hoped it would work. Limping a few steps aside she looked around. She felt its glance, it was somewhere. It was close.

"Show yourself. I know you are here!"

She adressed the empty air around them, waited for the thing to show yourself.

I guess nothing happens? ^_^

@Voidus

4 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"I found nothing, and they aren't labeled."

She handed the pills over.

"I am no healer. It is likely that I missed something."

Getting to her feet she held the net up. It was crude, but she hoped it would work. Limping a few steps aside she looked around. She felt its glance, it was somewhere. It was close.

"Show yourself. I know you are here!"

She adressed the empty air around them, waited for the thing to show yourself.

@Voidus

Lisa took the pills. After looking them over a bit she put them in her pocket. "Best not to use them in that case," she said. "Just as likely to be a pain killer or antitbiotic as it is to be some kind of blood thinner."

She took a look at what Lizanne was doing. "Are you sure that is a good idea?" she asked nervously. "I've got a feeling that we really don't want that thing to come here. Besides, it probably won't show itself until most of us are asleep." She cringed as soon as she said that.

20 minutes ago, kenod said:

Lisa took the pills. After looking them over a bit she put them in her pocket. "Best not to use them in that case," she said. "Just as likely to be a pain killer or antitbiotic as it is to be some kind of blood thinner."

She took a look at what Lizanne was doing. "Are you sure that is a good idea?" she asked nervously. "I've got a feeling that we really don't want that thing to come here. Besides, it probably won't show itself until most of us are asleep." She cringed as soon as she said that.

"It's already here. I can feel its glance."

Lizanne replied, without looking at Lisa.

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

"It's already here. I can feel its glance."

Lizanne replied, without looking at Lisa.

"... I see," Lisa said, feeling scared. "Still, just because it's here doesn't mean that it'll show itself. Also, just because all we've seen is an eye doesn't mean that's the full creature. The rest might just be invisible, or on a different plane of existence."

2 minutes ago, kenod said:

"... I see," Lisa said, feeling scared. "Still, just because it's here doesn't mean that it'll show itself. Also, just because all we've seen is an eye doesn't mean that's the full creature. The rest might just be invisible, or on a different plane of existence."

Lizanne paused, stopped adressing the thin air.

"It's here."

She repeated, fear leaking into her voice, but she gave in, listened to Lisa. Lisa knew more about these things, and Lizanne wasn't stupid enough to throw her advice away. She remained standing, looked around.

7 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne paused, stopped adressing the thin air.

"It's here."

She repeated, fear leaking into her voice, but she gave in, listened to Lisa. Lisa knew more about these things, and Lizanne wasn't stupid enough to throw her advice away. She remained standing, looked around.

Lisa nodded, and sighed in relief. "Keep the net handy," she said. "If it does show up it'll probably be useful. And even if it doesn't we can probably use it for other things as well."

Hellbent continued to stand there, like a sentinel.

After an extended amount of conversation, he spoke.

"You should sleep. I will keep watch, and I am probably the only one who can do that helpfully."

3 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

He snorted. "I can take care of watch easily. I've done it a hundred times, in worse conditions than this."

"You only have two eyes, Brightlord," Renata said, closing the Doctor's journal and tucking it into her pack next to her own notebook. "And there are too many sides to this fire to watch at once. Two at a time makes more sense. Besides, you'll need to rest at some point. You're the only one with a Shardblade, and we'll need you alert as we travel tomorrow."

She stood, then crossed around the fire to Arun. The girl had been nursing the bottle of white and grimacing. "We'll need to get that out of your leg before we sleep," she said, kneeling down to look at Arun. Upon closer inspection, she looked nearly the same age as Renata. "We might stitch it, might not. Either way, you'll not like what we're about to do." Renata looked over her shoulder at Lisa.

"Is everything... um...sterilized?" she asked, saying that last, unfamiliar word slowly. "We'll need to get it cleaned and have Arun rest before tomorrow. We can't linger here." 

@kenod @Blessing of Potency

9 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"You only have two eyes, Brightlord," Renata said, closing the Doctor's journal and tucking it into her pack next to her own notebook. "And there are too many sides to this fire to watch at once. Two at a time makes more sense. Besides, you'll need to rest at some point. You're the only one with a Shardblade, and we'll need you alert as we travel tomorrow."

She stood, then crossed around the fire to Arun. The girl had been nursing the bottle of white and grimacing. "We'll need to get that out of your leg before we sleep," she said, kneeling down to look at Arun. Upon closer inspection, she looked nearly the same age as Renata. "We might stitch it, might not. Either way, you'll not like what we're about to do." Renata looked over her shoulder at Lisa.

"Is everything... um...sterilized?" she asked, saying that last, unfamiliar word slowly. "We'll need to get it cleaned and have Arun rest before tomorrow. We can't linger here." 

@kenod @Blessing of Potency

Lisa gingerly touched the wine. Not getting burned she nodded. "Everything's ready," she said. "Let's get started before we lose any more light.

She brought the pan over to the Arun, and grabbed a small, sturdy piece of wood, and handed it to Arun. "Bite down on this when we start," she said.

"Pour some wine over my hands please," she asked Renata. "I need to make sure they're clean. Also, who's going to do the sewing, if we need it?"

Edit: Where exactly on her leg is the wound?

@Blessing of Potency

Edited by kenod

32 minutes ago, kenod said:

"Pour some wine over my hands please," she asked Renata. "I need to make sure they're clean. Also, who's going to do the sewing, if we need it?"

"I can do it," Aderet said. She felt sick to her stomach at the very thought of sewing closed a wound, but she probably could do the best job. Either way, she would never be able to look at a needle the same way again.

Just now, Silva said:

"I can do it," Aderet said. She felt sick to her stomach at the very thought of sewing closed a wound, but she probably could do the best job. Either way, she would never be able to look at a needle the same way again.

Lisa nodded. "Alright, make sure to wash your hands as well, and make sure that you don't touch the ground after washing them. We don't want the wound to get dirty."

Lizanne knelt down next to Arun and offered her a hand.

"You are not alone."

She tried to offer some words of comfort. It wasn't much, but she wasn't sure which words might help. On the streets she'd have robbed Arun and then left her for someone to kill her off, as a slave the masters would have taken care of it.

@Blessing of Potency

1 hour ago, kenod said:

Edit: Where exactly on her leg is the wound?

Lower thigh of her left leg

Arun nods, taking the piece of wood and putting it in her mouth.

Sorry guys, I’m not following this as well as I should be. In my defense everything been kind of hectic lately.