The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

Wilhelm hobbled a bit further away, looking to the three women and a man with a sword he could summon. What sort of ettmetal contraption was that?

Crossing his arms, he noticed the two talking people. The woman who had just walked straight in, she was very thin. Wilhelm nodded. He didn’t have much urges to eat her at all, luckily. Not that he’d do that to anyone, honestly. He was better now. But thin prey rarely made good food, and of her he doubted he’d get much more than bones.

The other woman was the one who’d been examining another ettmetal contraption Wilhelm didn’t realise, and had shortish hair. Interesting.

“I am Wilhelm,” he saif quietly, walking a little more forward. “I can make traps, and survive when I need to.”

8 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“I am Wilhelm,” he saif quietly, walking a little more forward. “I can make traps, and survive when I need to.”

Renata raised her glass to Wilhelm a slight bit before taking another sip. She took a pastry from one of the little trays sitting nearby, and palmed two others for later.

Lighteyed food, she thought, eyeing the little confection. It was nonsensically small, but tasted good enough. It was hard to find food with enough kick in the Alleycity, but this was good, filled with some kind of vegetable curry. That part of her that was not part of her shied away from the idea of eating "men's food." Renata shoved it down, taking a bigger sip of wine. Men's food, women's food, that wasn't her concern; she was darkeyed. Food was food.

Renata looked harder at Wilhelm, partly to distract herself, partly out of true curiosity. The look in his eyes gave her an uneasy feeling. He seemed hungry, ravenous even, but he hadn't touched any of the food. She made a mental note to watch that one.

So many coats, she thought, looking at his bundled form. He must be sweltering in that

Lisa looked at the tower, shuddering as she remembered a number of old horror movies. "Of course," she thought, "those were movies, weren't they? Something like that wouldn't actually happen." Having somewhat reassured herself, she walked through the door, following the doorman's directions to small sitting room, where she saw a number of other people. Hesitating, she tried to quietly walk to one of the chairs in the corner.

Hellbent-Son-Palm leaned against the wall, silent. He didn't talk, didn't answer questions. No, he was too busy staring at those in the group of the female gender. None were bad looking, by his standards. Yes, maybe this trip will be fun, more than I thought. Lots of women. Slowly, he reached his dark arms backward, propelling himself into a standing position. Then Hellbent got closer to the rest, grinning lightly. He walked up to the nearest, Renata, and grinned at her widely. Then he whispered. "You look like a sunset. Beautiful, radiant, and really hot." His grin was now sly. Yes, fun has begun.

Renata took another sip of wine and felt her mouth flatten into a line. Typical, she thought. The wealth of kingdoms in his hand, and the man still cooked up a line like that. Wit so rarely paired hand in hand with rank. She turned, tilting her head back to try and look him in the face. Almighty but he was tall, even by Alethi standards, and everyone knew they were basically giants. She stepped back a bit to avoid looking ridiculous.

"Brightlord," she said, breezing past his comments on her looks. "What a relief to know someone will be on this expedition with a proper weapon. I don't believe I caught your name?"

@Element of Chaos

5 hours ago, kenod said:

Lisa looked at the tower, shuddering as she remembered a number of old horror movies. "Of course," she thought, "those were movies, weren't they? Something like that wouldn't actually happen." Having somewhat reassured herself, she walked through the door, following the doorman's directions to small sitting room, where she saw a number of other people. Hesitating, she tried to quietly walk to one of the chairs in the corner.

Lizanne looked over as someone tried to quietly walk to a chair. Why? Afraid, or did she want to study them? Their movements, their skills.

"Who are you?"

She asked, but kept her voice level, stepping closer.

Edited by Sorana

Wilhelm looked around, stepping forward a little bit. Five, there were five people. Him, the skinny one, the short hair one, the ettmetal-bladed one, and the one that reminded him of a child. Oh yes, and there was another one, the one who’d just arrived.

He hung around, looking towards one of the people. “Hello,” he said to the one that had spoken about their name, but not their skills. Arun.

He had a clear accent, but he was still understandable. “I’m Wilhelm. It is nice to meet you.”

@Blessing of Potency

Edited by I think I am here.

11 hours ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne looked over as someone tried to quietly walk to a chair. Why? Afraid, or did she want to study them? Their movements, their skills.

"Who are you?"

She asked, but kept her voice level, stepping closer.

Lisa looked at the woman in front of her, and leaned back a bit as she stepped forwards. "Ah," she said, "I'm Lisa, Lisa Waite. Um, nice to meet you?"

6 hours ago, kenod said:

Lisa looked at the woman in front of her, and leaned back a bit as she stepped forwards. "Ah," she said, "I'm Lisa, Lisa Waite. Um, nice to meet you?"

"Lizanne. Nice to meet you, too."

She hesitated for a moment, quickly grabbing something else to eat, not caring what it was.

"Why are here, what do you contribute to the expedition?"

Lisa considered the question. "I'm a physicist," she said, hesitantly. "Well, I guess I'm one, though I was more of a student. I did study theoretical physics though, so I guess that counts for something?" She swallowed, hoping she didn't make the woman mad.

Why does it seem the ages of Lizanne and Lisa are reversed?

2 hours ago, kenod said:

Lisa considered the question. "I'm a physicist," she said, hesitantly. "Well, I guess I'm one, though I was more of a student. I did study theoretical physics though, so I guess that counts for something?" She swallowed, hoping she didn't make the woman mad.

Lizanne nodded. A physicist, whatever that was. It sounded threatening, so she  nodded a second time. Maybe it was some kind of code? Pondering she looked the woman over a second time.

"I'm Lizanne."

She told her, as she didn't think she had been when she had introduced herself. After a short pause she added, mostly because that was what you did.

"Nice to meet you."

I don't know, but it's funny.

Tish walked up to the tower, nervously looking down at the notice that had brought her here. Maybe this was a bad idea. She wanted to be able to get away from the complications and memories that the Alleyverse had, but now that she was looking closer at the poster, she wasn't sure she had all that much to offer to an expedition. Pretty much the only skills she had were those she had gained in her village, like some slight metallurgy. And what she had learned since joining the Alleyverse was more useful, but still not anything special. Lost in thought, she didn't notice she was nearing the tower until she almost bumped into the man at the door.

"Oh, um, hi. I'm here for the expedition, is this the right place?"

The young man nodded towards Tish politely as he replied.

"Yes, you're in the right place. I think you're one of the last from what we were expecting, I'll show you into the lounging room where the others are waiting."

He turned and showed Tish into the same room as the others, this time closing the door behind him as he went. Their guests had all arrived, now all they had to wait for was the host.

Just gonna leave a little more time in case anyone wants to introduce characters to each other, etc.
If anyone hasn't got a character but wants to participate we can assume you just arrived unseen, off screen so to speak.

Oops. Sorry for the delay.

Aderet was sitting on one of the couches, watching the others. Not a single put together person besides herself. 

Really Father? she thought. You think this will be good for me?

The day had been pretty awful so far. First she broke a nail, then her morning tea had burnt her tongue. The dress she'd requested still hadn't gotten cleaned from the last time she'd worn it - over two months ago. She'd also caught someone disgusting eyeing her on the way over there. And finally, she was here. Surrounded by these people who didn't look like they could remember the last time they'd bathed.

She shuddered inwardly, not losing her perfect posture for a moment. With any luck she'd be out of there as soon as she could come up with enough arguments to overcome her father's. Good investment or not, Aderet wasn't going to waste her time. 

22 minutes ago, Silva said:

Good investment or not, Aderet wasn't going to waste her time. 

Since the person Wilhelm had been talking to wasn’t responding, Wilhelm walked away, cupping a hand on his brown eyepatch. Maybe it had shocked the lady. It’s usually shocked people the first time they saw it. But, he liked the eyepatch now, and besides, one eye was more than enough in most cases.

He noticed a woman sitting alone, appearing to look much more... correct than the others here and he waved to her and smiled with a closed mouth.

29 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He noticed a woman sitting alone, appearing to look much more... correct than the others here and he waved to her and smiled with a closed mouth.

Was that....an eyepatch she saw? The creep she'd spotted on the way here had at least not been missing any part of him.

Aderet quickly broke eye contact, trying to pretend she hadn't noticed him. Harmony forbid, he might take something as an invitation to try and talk to her. 

Hellbent-Son-Palm paused. "I do apologize." He bowed deeply, grabbing her hand and kissing it. "I am Hellbent. Hellbent-Son-Palm." He straightened, grin still on his face. "Now, my lady, I couldn't help but find myself attracted to one such as yourself. Mind to tell me about you?"

@ZincAboutIt

I'm having far too much fun with this character... :P