The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

3 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Hellbent grinned at Renata. "Hello, beautiful."

@ZincAboutIt

... he said, smoothing his greenish hair back with one makeup-covered hand. It had been hard relearning to talk after he got the scars on his face, but he endured through it. He just wanted to be loved! No matter what all the police said, what with 'arresting him' and him being a 'psycho homicidal murderer,'. No matter that Batman just wouldn't be his friend! He just wanted friends. He just wanted to be loved!

Edited by Gancho Libre

Lisa took a deep breath, trying to pull herself together and focus. Come on, she thought to herself, this isn't the first time you're stranded in a different world. Besides, it isn't as if this place can be any more dangerous than the Alleycity, right?

"I'm not sure how late it is, but it might be better to try and stay here today," she said. "I think there is still a fair amount of food in the cellar, so we don't have to go foraging for now, and it might be better to try and make some basic tools before going out exploring. If we leave in the early morning we'll also have more time to explore tomorrow, I don't think we want to be out in the forrest when it is dark. Since we can probably afford to miss half a day of exploration, given that we already have some supplies, I'd like to be fully prepared once we actually start exploring."

Hello. I still exist. Normally this would be the part where I bow out of the RP because I'm not maintaining nearly the activity I should, but I made a commitment to this thing and I'm going to continue. I'll be forcing myself to post at least once a day from now on.

Let me know if I missed something while I was catching up and this doesn't work.

Tish woke up in the wine cellar with no memory of how she had got there. It didn't help that she was covered in complete darkness. Think, Tish. How did you get wherever you are and why weren't you awake? 

Suddenly her memory began to return. She had continued following people around, progressively storing more and more Fortune. She had delayed outside of the cellar for a long time, unsure if it was the right move to go into the room with so many potentially mentally unstable people. Finally fear of the strange events in the rest of the house won over her fear of the large man with the big blade, and she went into the cellar. With all the loud noises nobody noticed as she quietly climbed down the stairs and hid in a corner beneath the shelf. As she got to storing almost all of her Fortune, she finally shifted into a very specific position underneath the shelf, right before everything went black.

At this point Tish wasn't completely sure how to proceed. She had figured out where she was, but she still didn't know what caused all of the mysterious events. Trying to sit up, she bumped her head against a piece of wood and quickly felt enormous pain all throughout her body. She hadn't noticed before, likely because of shock, but she had gotten extremely banged up at some point. She was completely covered in a shelf, making it impossible for anyone outside to have seen her. 

"Help..." she rasped as she tried to get somebody's attention. Quickly realizing she couldn't speak nearly well enough for anyone to hear her, she instead began pushing against the piece of wood that was right above her, praying to Harmony that someone would see.

Edited by Kidpen

Fah'Loofah came out fo the corner of the cellar, towards where the woman was bashing a piece of wood against the ground.

"Oh, hello," she said, smiling. "How's it going? Wanna play tag?"

Ooooof. the woman was wounded. That wasn't good, right?

Maybe it was one of those things you could walk off. Fah'Loofah tried to pick the woman up, but she immediately knew she wouldn't be able to do that. she wasn't the strong type.

She needed some help to stand this person up. 

"Be right back!" she yelled, then dashed up the stairs to the outside. 

"GUYS!" She yelled. "WE GOT WOUNDED DOWN THERE! I NEED HELP-"

She got distracted, forgot what she was saying, and wandered back down to the cellar, coincidentally right before she would have ordered the others to help her stand the wounded person up. Huh. As it was, her words could be interpreted as a simple call for help, without any specific urging of action that might get someone hurt.

"Help will be on the way!" Fah'Loofah promised the wounded person.

@Kidpen

Edited by Gancho Libre

Tish was startled as a woman came over to her and moved the board before trying to pick her up. Pain once again shot through her body as the woman grabbed her arms, but then she ran out and called for help. Tish rasped a barely audible "Thank... you." 

Then a man came down and stabbed the board that Tish had previously been under. This seemed to be the scary man with the large blade. Perhaps she had been too quick in thanking the woman.

Lizanne heard the shouting from the direction of the cellar and hesitated. They had considered to go back there anyway. She could take a careful look. Slowly she limped back and stopped at the door. The young woman had awokenand Hellbent was there as well. That explained pretty much everything. She waited, had no intention to confront him on her own. Bending she picked up a rock that fit her hand well. Maybe she could distract him, should it look like he started to kill the other one.

Renata tugged a filmy scrap of curtain out from under a pile of bricks and tied her spheres up inside of it, making a crude kind of lantern as the spheres glowed through the translucent fabric.

"We should strike out in the morning," she said, thinking out loud more than anything. "In the light of day we might be able to get a better look at this place, find a road or a river to follow."

Lizanne followed Renata down the stairs and then started to search through the cellar. She looked for food, water, wine as they were the most important for their survival right now, but kept her eyes open for other interesting things as well.

@Voidus

I didn't want to assume any quantities, as the part with looking for food/ water could be a central part of the plot.

So how much is there, if there is anything at all?

Many casks had been destroyed during the transfer, as did most of the glass bottles, but there still appeared to be at least a hundred bottles worth available. A collapsed section of shelves concealed a pile of cheese that had survived mostly intact, except for the odd splinter of wood that had pierced through the rinds. A nearby crate that had survived intact seemed to be full of ripe apples, their green skins appeared slightly bruised but otherwise fit for consumption.

But after turning the cellar over there was no water or other sources of food to be found, or any evidence that they had been stored here.

Walking over to Renata Lizanne leaned against a wall, removed some weight from her leg, speaking lowly, only to her.

"We have some apples, some cheese. No water, only wine. So we need to rely on Wilhelm to get the water out of the wine."

Worried she sweeped a hand around.

"We are so many, the apples and the cheese might last us two or three days. And even if we keep the seeds, it will be years until the trees are old enough."

"The woman over there is injured as well, which makes two injured, plus me. We can't cover a long distance, and we have to expect trouble tonight. Hellbent left, but the others agreed to spent the night here, and maybe it's better like that. But then in case of an attack, most of us are helpless as a child."

At least she herself was.

Renata palmed an apple and slid it into her coat pocket, then began tallying up the numbers of bottles, wheels of cheese, and apples. Lizanne was right - the situation looked dire.

"Arun's leg needs cleaning and proper binding," Renata said quietly, chewing her lip. "We could burn it clean - I've seen it done once or twice. Nasty, but effective. If we leave her like she is, that wound will kill her sure as anything. I don't fancy leading around some fever-mad girl in the middle of storming nowhere, do you?"

She tucked her hair behind her ears and continued. "A fire will be risky, but we need warmth and light. We can take care of Arun's leg tonight - either that or kill her now. It'd be a mercy compared to blood poisoning. We have plenty of wood, and quite enough liquor to keep a fire going. We build the fire outside the cellar - whoever takes the watch stays outside, the rest stay down here?"

@Sorana

Lizanne nodded in agreement, pocketed an apple as well. Weed the weak ones out, logical, although it meant, that it would be her turn soon. She had to be strong, make herself an assett they needed.

"Wilhelm will have to hold her down. We have no medical supplies at all, burning it out is her best option."

"I'm not sure about the fire. We should be able to salvage more curtains from the ruin upstairs to use as blankets. A fire is like this huge sign calling for attention."

"I can start it, cover it as good as possible, if Arun agrees to have us burn out the wound."

"What about the girl over there?"

Her head made a gesture towards Tish.

@ZincAboutIt

Edited by Sorana

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Wilhelm will have to hold her down. We have no medical supplies at all, burning it out is her best option."

"I'm not sure about the fire. We should be able to salvage more curtains from the ruin upstairs to use as blankets. A fire is like this huge sign calling for attention."

"I can start it, cover it as good as possible, if Arun agrees to have us burn out the wound."

"What about the girl over there?"

Her head made a gesture towards Tish.

@ZincAboutIt

"We'll need to watch her, make sure she doesn't start showing signs of a bad head wound. If she's a bit dizzy for a while, we need to keep her awake. If she starts passing out or something, we'll know it's worse than that. I can patch up any shallow wounds, but I only have so much clean bandage. I'll wash the scratches with some hard white." Renata pointed to a few of the intact bottles, filled with a clear spirit that looked like water. 

"We need to transport that with us, as much as we can carry. That and fire are our only chances against infection if one of us takes more wounds.

"Lets go in the morning," Lisa said. "I don't want to walk around here at night and break a leg falling in a ditch because I couldn't see anything." She shivered. "I've got no clue how dark it'll become here, but I don't think a small lantern will help that much. Besides, even if it allows us to walk around safely it'll also ruin our night-vision so we can only see a small distance, while also letting everything dangerous know where we are."

Lizanne nodded in reply to Renata's words.

"I will go upstairs, start the fire. Hopefully Wilhelm and Arun will come back soon."

She looked at Hellbent.

"We've got two injured persons. They can't walk. We won't be able to cover any distance tonight. It's better to stay here, where we only have to defend one entrance."

Slowly she started to limp up the stairs.

@Ark1002

@ZincAboutIt

Wilhelm went downstairs and passed Lizanne as she went back up. As he walked down into the cellar he looked at the bottles of wine and got one out, opening it. “To turn it into water I need fire,” he said, and then looked at the cheese. With that food, and what they already each had, they would last long enough to perhaps look for more food. That... or an option Wilhelm didn’t want to consider.

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

Wilhelm went downstairs and passed Lizanne as she went back up. As he walked down into the cellar he looked at the bottles of wine and got one out, opening it. “To turn it into water I need fire,” he said, and then looked at the cheese. With that food, and what they already each had, they would last long enough to perhaps look for more food. That... or an option Wilhelm didn’t want to consider.

"Bring it upstairs. I'm on my way to light a fire. And I can always use another hand."

Lizanne told him and then continued to climb the stairs.

She started to build a small fire place, moved some rocks, to create a sheltered spot for the fire. Collecting small pieces of wood and some filling from a former stool she sat down and made a small fire.