The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

"My leg hurts, and my head. But I'm better off than the one with a piece of glass in her leg." @kenod

She listened to everybody showing their belongings and with a sigh pulled her bag over. Lizanne opened her bag and looked inside.

"Some rope, thin but strong, a candle, tools to start a fire, something to sew. Food, but not enough for all of us. A blanket, a bowl, a spoon, a cup, a half-empty bottle, some creme and a toothbrush."

She listed, not mentioning that this was about everything she owned, next to a set of spare cloths, but they weren't interesting for the rest.

"When you looked through the room, did you see something I could use as a crutch?

She added after a pause. She would be faster with one of them.

Edited by Sorana

47 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Renata looked up from her notebook, then squinted over at the wine racks. "Maybe we could repurpose part of one of those?"

"Maybe."

She limped over, grimacing slightly. Looking through the wine racks, she tried to find something she could use.

Not really :P

Commoners carried around a lot everywhere they went. Aderet hadn’t realized how much the others would just have on their persons.

“I have...a couple dozen hairpins of different varieties,” she said. “A small bottle of perfume and clear adhesive polish.” For small stocking runs. “And some cadmium,” she added quickly. Her Allomancy wasn’t something she liked bringing attention too; her father said it wasn’t a becoming trait in a woman. “That’s about all I thought practical to bring along.”

She didn’t mention the will, identification card, or small pen in her safepouch.

They didn’t need to know about them.

Lizanne looked through the racks and then shook her head.

"We need to get out. If we stay here, we'll starve to death, or rather we'll die of thirst first. The water we have won't last a day."

She gestured towards the door.

"If we stay here we're dead, if we take a look, we might have a chance."

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne looked through the racks and then shook her head.

"We need to get out. If we stay here, we'll starve to death, or rather we'll die of thirst first. The water we have won't last a day."

She gestured towards the door.

"If we stay here we're dead, if we take a look, we might have a chance."

Wilhelm looked towards the skinny woman again. “So, will you do it?” He asked. “If we are to look out the door, one of us has to be the Vütenhaller again, the rat that tests the ice. And I am not keen to fall through the water.”

14 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Wilhelm looked towards the skinny woman again. “So, will you do it?” He asked. “If we are to look out the door, one of us has to be the Vütenhaller again, the rat that tests the ice. And I am not keen to fall through the water.”

Lizanne sighed and limped up the stairs, using the handrail to remove some weight from her leg. She tied her rope to the handle and then limped down again. The door opened towards them, so there was no need to push it open. As she was inside, she needed to pull, so this should work.

"Everybody ready?"

Renata watched as Lizanne stood at the bottom of the stairs, length of rope in hand.

Storm it, she thought, running a hand through her hair and drawing the hood of her coat up over her head. Renata slung her re-packed bag over both shoulders and pulled the straps tight, then slipped the dagger out of her boot again. She walked over to Lizanne and nodded to the woman, gritting her teeth, dagger in one hand, clearmark in the other.

"Do it," she said.

@Sorana

Fah'Loofah noticed everyone crowding around the door out of the magical room. She didn't like that nobody was giving her attention.

Why else would she hide in the corner, silently, without moving? She just wanted to be noticed.

Well, it seemed everyone was going to go out of the room. She wasn't going to miss this.

Fah'loofah leaped out of her hiding spot and dashed across the room and up the stairs towards the door. The funny thing is, she seemed to be moving faster than she ever had, despite the press of people up to the stairs. She seemed... to pass right through them.

Oh, well. She didn't really care. The person at the top of the stairs seemed to think the door opened inward, but when Fah'Loofah pushed, it opened. Strange. There had been a slight warping around the doorframe when she had done that.

Well, the door was open, now. without looking forward, she jumped out of the room. To make sure she was surprised, she closed her eyes, preparing to open them and be amazing. She was excited about the surprise!

@Sorana

@Voidus

@ZincAboutIt

@I think I am here.

@Ark1002

@Everyone else

Lisa silently started panicking at the prospect of opening the door. Quickly she grabbed a nearby piece of wood, holding near her to defend herself with it, but accidentely holding it in a way it was mostly useless. She quickly walked to the bottom of the stairs, getting in at the end of the queue, not wanting to get separated from the others.

The scene was not a pleasant one.

The sky was a roiling mass of dark clouds, and a light mist hung in the air. It was night, of that they could be certain, but what hour none could tell. The upper stories of the house lay in ruins. The ceiling had caved in and the walls were mostly in shambles.The floor was a mass of debris, and it appeared none of the furniture had survived. Or the staff either.

The various servers who had been present earlier lay about the room, at least what remained of them.Some were buried under fallen rubble, some were impaled with broken pieces of wood. Gedwyn, the young doorman who had greeted the guests lay near the top of the stairs leading to the basement. His body had been crushed by a falling beam. Dried blood pooled out from his limp body, and his sightless eyes were wide in a rictus of terror. 

Surprisingly, the stone tower was still standing, though from the looks of it not for long. Parts of it had fallen in, leaving dark gaps in the stonework. Near the top a faint light was just barely visible from the first floor. A wind whistled through the ruins of the house, and the tower groaned ominously. It swayed slowly in the wind, then stilled. It was still standing, though no one could say for how long it would remain so.

Lizanne slowly limped up the stairs, taking her rope with her. Well, that was another option to open the door. She waited for a scream, then slowly stepped outside.

The servers were dead, the house mostly gone. It was strange, but if none of the others worked for her former masters, whereever she was, she was free. There was no way for them to follow her here.

Carefully she took another step, then picked up a board from the ground close to her and poked a server, to see if he was really dead. She chose one, that was more or less burried, but still close to the entrance to the cellar. If he wasn't dead, it was better if he wasn't able to move.

@Fatebreaker

The server's corpse didn't react, but continued to lay there motionless. The disturbance revealed the face. It was a young woman, somewhere in her mid twenties, with shoulder-length brown hair and a pale complexion. Her eyes were also frightened, as if she was gazing upon some unseen horror. She didn't move, and it looked like she never would again.

7 hours ago, Fatebreaker said:

The server's corpse didn't react, but continued to lay there motionless. The disturbance revealed the face. It was a young woman, somewhere in her mid twenties, with shoulder-length brown hair and a pale complexion. Her eyes were also frightened, as if she was gazing upon some unseen horror. She didn't move, and it looked like she never would again.

“Check for a pulse,” Wilhelm said, crouching down to look at the lady. This whole place looked like a wreck. The Sovereign had clearly taken these people for sacrifice instead.

“Some sort of explosion, maybe? I don’t think we actually went anywhere. This place looks the same.”

@Sorana

He turned to Arun, still with the glass shard in her leg. “Pull it out,” he said.

@Blessing of Potency

12 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Check for a pulse,” Wilhelm said, crouching down to look at the lady. This whole place looked like a wreck. The Sovereign had clearly taken these people for sacrifice instead.

“Some sort of explosion, maybe? I don’t think we actually went anywhere. This place looks the same.”

@Sorana

Lizanne had no idea how to check for a pulse, but she knew how to search a corpse for money, food or anything useful. Which she did, once she realized, that the dead would stay dead.

She raised an eyebrow at Wilhelm, silently asking if he wanted a share. Better to not make too many enemies right now.

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

She raised an eyebrow at Wilhelm, silently asking if he wanted a share. Better to not make too many enemies right now.

Wilhelm shook his head, now glad he’d packed his coats. “None for me, lady,” he said in his accent and walked back towards Arun.

6 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

“Do you have something to bind the wound with? Cause I have the feeling it’s going to bleed a lot.” Arun responds.

Wilhelm crouched down to her level and gave her a knife. One of his four. Wilhelm grimaced. Maybe revealing how many weapons he had wasn’t very easing on the mind. Giving it to her he looked at her wound. “Cut off a piece of your clothing and bind it with that.”

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Wilhelm crouched down to her level and gave her a knife. One of his four. Wilhelm grimaced. Maybe revealing how many weapons he had wasn’t very easing on the mind. Giving it to her he looked at her wound. “Cut off a piece of your clothing and bind it with that.”

“Alright.” Arun says, her voice starting to get shaky now. If I pull it straight out it shouldn’t hurt me more right? Without thinking about it anymore she yanks out the piece of glass with a slight cry of pain. The wound quickly starts to bleed, but not as much as Arun had thought. She quickly cuts out a peice of her shirt and tightly ties it around the wound.

”Alright, umm, could you perhaps help me up? I don’t want to put more weight on this than I have too.”