Mistborn Adventure Game: Does spending Standings lower Resistances?

adran

I believe that if spending Standings also reduced the relevant Resilience, it would have been mentioned explicitly in the rules.  Since it's not mentioned-- as far as I can tell-- I think it's safe to assume that this is not the case.  There's already a "penalty" in place for spending Standings, as you pointed out above: your dice pool is reduced for future rolls.  If it reduced your Resilience as well, then why would anyone ever spend Standings except when there's no other option?  And if no one's going to use their Standings, why even include the mechanic in the game at all?

So the answer is no, spending Standings does NOT reduce the associated Resilience.  In the unlikely event that the rules say otherwise, ignore them.

If you want another opinion or have other questions about the Mistborn Adventure Game, you can try checking out the Crafty Games forums: http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?board=21.0  I've found it a helpful resource for these kinds of questions, since a lot of them have already been asked and answered over there at some point.

• Chaos locked this topic