Awakening: The Dark Art

CosmereScholar

On 3/19/2019 at 9:23 PM, Oltux72 said:

Close to mass murder and treason actually. I don't understand why Vasher is so adored. Frankly the man is a peacenik terrorist, who kills his friends for political reasons.

I don't see him as a man who kills his friends for political reasons, he killed Shashara because she wanted to make more weapons like Nightblood(which could lead to thousands of deaths) and killed Denth for working to start a war (again, hundreds if not thousands of deaths) and at the end of Warbreaker just wants to stop someone inventing a better version of ichor alcohol, because that could lead to better Lifeless which again... lots of death. He does bad things for good reasons

Vasher isn't a kelsier.

He doesn't kill nearly as many people as he could have and that is beside the point .The point being awakening compared to hemalurgy doesn't require death, the giving up of ones breath may be similar to the mutilation of the soul caused by hemalurgy, but that is something I can not be sure of .

17 minutes ago, twenty second of the sun said:

Vasher isn't a kelsier.

He doesn't kill nearly as many people as he could have and that is beside the point .The point being awakening compared to hemalurgy doesn't require death, the giving up of ones breath may be similar to the mutilation of the soul caused by hemalurgy, but that is something I can not be sure of .

Vasher probably has a larger kill count than Kell due to the lifespan he's lived, honestly. Keep that in mind.

• Chaos locked this topic