I may have found an unidentified Worldhopper on Roshar.

Turin Turambar

In Oathbringer, in the scene by Adolin's birth when Dalinor was drinking, one of his friends (I think his name was Bashin) "claimed to have seen half the world and wore a ridiculous hat" (it's quoted from memory, so it's just the general idea. In Warbreaker, there is a character named Parlin who likes hats. I know it's a REALLY tenuous connection, but any thoughts?

I don't think the theory works.  Parlin is Viviana's age and has never been out of his home at the time of Warbreaker(the two of them have known each other for their entire lives) and then he dies in the same book.

5 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

Yeah, I know that, I wanted to see if there was anything around that. Perhaps the timing worked out the other way (here was with Dalinor first), or maybe he could heal like Jasnah. Again, this is extremely far fetched.

Parlin and the events of Warbreaker take place before SA, and as Karger said, he was a contemporary of Vivenna. And we saw him very messily dead. Breath and Biochroma don't allow for self-healing at all. Sorry.

7 minutes ago, RShara said:

Parlin and the events of Warbreaker take place before SA, and as Karger said, he was a contemporary of Vivenna. And we saw him very messily dead. Breath and Biochroma don't allow for self-healing at all. Sorry.

Unless he Returned....Could that have happened off screen, after Viv found him?

4 minutes ago, Lidolas said:

Unless he Returned....Could that have happened off screen, after Viv found him?

Returning seems to happen at the most a few hours after a person's death. While it's theoretically possible, I would highly doubt he returned.

Besides we have one Returned running around Roshar and even if Parlin did, he doesn't seem the type to survive outside a sheltered existence. Vivenna had the good luck to run into Vasher, Parlin would have no one. So absent other proof, he's dead.

• Chaos locked this topic