Ideas for Era 3 Technology

CosmereScholar

3 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Meaning that changing your mass has no effect unless you accelerate or slow down.

While in low earth orbit you are actually falling in at a constant acceleration so my doomsday weapon will still work(yay?).

On 6/4/2019 at 5:58 AM, Sleeper_Tyrant said:

(New to the forum! Yay)

I'm not an expert on Mistborn, but what about a Watch were you can store wakefulness, with parts out of bronze? Being able to sleep well when you want, and some sort of alarm that will wake you by automatically tapping the bronze metalmind?

I like it! Very practical and much less doomsdayish than many of the ideas put forward.

13 minutes ago, Calyx said:

I like it! Very practical and much less doomsdayish than many of the ideas put forward.

Sorry.

On 6/4/2019 at 7:58 AM, Sleeper_Tyrant said:

I'm not an expert on Mistborn, but what about a Watch were you can store wakefulness, with parts out of bronze? Being able to sleep well when you want, and some sort of alarm that will wake you by automatically tapping the bronze metalmind?

I don't think that you can tap while asleep.  You could train yourself to automatically tap under certain circumstances(like when the watch buzzed)

On 18.3.2019 at 7:07 AM, CosmereScholar said:

Hey, I’m not trying to insult you. Unless I am sorely mistaken, Ettmetal technology can be used without refueling, except maybe very rarely, as the crew in bands of morning manages to sail across the ocean using their airship, without any allomancers.

Maybe putting a priming cube in a tightly sealed aluminium container would preserve it's charge indefinitely?

On 18.3.2019 at 3:15 PM, CosmereScholar said:

So yes, someone would have to fill it. Unless you have a zinc compounder who can manipulate identity. But I am worried tapping mental speed could decrease lifespan, so there is no net benefit to using them. (In Bands of Morning, I believe it mentions tapping zinc makes you hungry, so it seems to increase the metabolism.)

Perhaps it would be possible to use medallions for either zinc allomancy or feruchemy and/or removing Identity? Yes, you'd need to have people filling in unkeyed metalmind, but it shouldn't be that onerous, with compounding. And even if mental speed decreases lifespan, it still might be worth it, for certain things. After all, bendalloy allomancy does, yet people still use it. But strenuous mental activity causes hunger even iRL, yet it actually helps to prevent mental deteritoriation at advanced ages, so using zinc feruchemy may not be damaging at all. Oh, and gold feruchemy would heal the damage, whereas it couldn't reverse accumulated extra age of burning bendalloy. Now, I wonder if F-steel also causes accelerated aging - logically it should, right? Maybe that's something that would finally limit the apparent OP-ness of a steel compounder...

On 8.5.2019 at 9:05 PM, Pathfinder said:

Just have the mechanism store heat in the summer cooling the room, then tap the heat in winter to keep the room warm. 

Or even have the same mechanism moving heat from your fridge to your radiator, maybe?

Edited by Isilel

• Chaos locked this topic