AonEne

I know it isn’t canon, but Sorana is right. There needs to be some kind of stormlight measuring system. Based on soulcasting maybe? One cubic meter of air cast into stone is 1 ASDF of stormlight. A first ideal radiant generates ——— per hour/ day. It takes ———stormlight to use ——— surge . 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, we won't be able to keep track of time like that. And at least I am not too motivated to calculate if my character can do something. That's why I proposed the crystals. Let's just try to keep it sensible, not use too much, maybe set a border like no more than two/ three whatevers a day and we're good?

I think it would be best if we kept it as simple as possible.

However we do it, I want there to be a time and space where we can train our abilities. A modified gym, perhaps like the training room in Hunger Games? Maybe? I just want to do fun things with Soulcasting and Lightweaving, though I understand why these limits should exist.

Alright. These are tentative. I can edit them or remove them. 

First Ideal:

• Physical strength, speed, agility, and endurance around the level of professional athlete.
  • Surgebinding: Very basic. (Lightweaving one coin to look like another, lashing a small stone to the wall, growing a single plant)

Second Ideal:

• Physical: Characteristics on level with Olypmic athletes. Able to jump/leap long distances, run at high speed for 2+ hours, etc
  • Surgebinding: Lashing medium sized (think basketball) objects while the objects are in motion. Lightweave basic changes like eyecolor. Soulcast things smaller than one cubic meter/yard

Third Ideal: 

• Physical: Superhuman: Running speeds around 35 mph, jumping around 45-50 feet
  • Surgebinding: Lashing to achieve flight of self and limited number of others. Lightweaving entire people to look different. Soulcast a living object. Heal broken bones, sprains. Enter and exit Shadesmar for transportation. 
  • Gain Blade

Fourth Ideal:

• Physical: Run like a cheetah. Vertical jump of 15 feet, long jump of 50+ feet
  • Surgebinding: Lashing large things (cars, buses, lots of people) while maintaining mobility. Lightweave multiple people at once with sound. Remove friction from anything. Transport large groups of people.  Soulcast large things.
  • Gain Plate

Fifth Ideal:

• Physical:
  • Surgebinding:

Note: These. Can. Change. Let me know if I forgot something. 

Edit:

Also, these sound like a list of Common Core Standards.

List of Things Ocelot Forgot:

1. Shardplate *facepalms*

Edited by BookishOcelot

Maybe give us a bit more room? Like if I practice one surge, then I can be better at it, or not that good at the other one, or something like that?

But I like the list, gives a good indication as to where you stand with each ideal.

@SoranaWhy not? I suppose you could get better by practicing. For example, a first ideal surgebidner would have to work for weeks to get to the level of a second ideal surgebinder, but the 2nd level one would have that ability inately. I feel like stormlight regeneration factor also increases with level. Efficiency in use thereof also increases. 

I was trying to find a good stormlight symbol. I like this one -(§) because it looks cool. 1§ is maybe a days worth of stormlight for a first idealer? I don’t know.

4 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

@Sorana and @xinoehp512 Okay! I was procrastinating I thought it was an interesting idea to toy with. 

Know that one...

I'm simply sure it won't work and we won't really keep track of it.

What about the oaths? Everybody thinks about them on their own, or those of the same order discuss that between themselves?

NoiseSpren, Xino, you're added. Sorana, your character sheet is up. Eluvianii, I'm going to wait and see if anyone else wants the spot before giving you two, unless you wanted to switch entirely, in which case say the word and so long as someone eventually fills the first spot yes.

I really like that Ideal system, and everyone else seems to be in general agreement about that, so I'll add it to the OP. I don't think we should use a measurement system either, but if we're really split I can make it a poll question.

Ha, Ene hunting? That's quite hard. You'll never find me.