AonEne

The Knights Next Door

6,874 posts in this topic

Whoa now, we don't generally go around destroying things rampantly, since the house is technically everyone's property. You're new to this, so no worries this time, but in the future please ask permission before destroying large parts of the house, okay? :P Also jeez, how the heck has Romero not been arrested or something yet if this is his MO...

Hearing a crash downstairs that shook the house, Cassie yelped and jumped back. "Oh my freaking storms what was that?!" She blinked at Shana and Rob. First they tore up Doc's office, then the house blew up? Voidbringers? Dustbringing gone wrong? She winced, shook her head, and stepped sideways, vanishing in a burst of Stormlight and blinking through Shadesmar to land running in the front hallway.

A giant amber-colored chunk of stone was hurtling toward her, and Cassie jumped back through Shadesmar again instinctively, grabbing James and a girl who appeared to be yet another new arrival and towing them with her into the other Realm. There she stayed, gasping for breath and Light, steadying herself against an obsidian pillar.

I hope you two don't mind the minor godmod - Cassie wouldn't have just left them there. You can act like she didn't get you after all if you want.

@Ookla the Stick @Ookla the Unamused @Somebody from Sel

1 hour ago, Ookla the Intimidating said:

Hearing a crash downstairs that shook the house, Cassie yelped and jumped back. "Oh my freaking storms what was that?!" She blinked at Shana and Rob. First they tore up Doc's office, then the house blew up? Voidbringers? Dustbringing gone wrong? She winced, shook her head, and stepped sideways, vanishing in a burst of Stormlight and blinking through Shadesmar to land running in the front hallway.

A giant amber-colored chunk of stone was hurtling toward her, and Cassie jumped back through Shadesmar again instinctively, grabbing James and a girl who appeared to be yet another new arrival and towing them with her into the other Realm. There she stayed, gasping for breath and Light, steadying herself against an obsidian pillar.

Spoiler

I thought I only broke the door... Oh whatever. Romero is just an inquisitive jock, but he wouldn't throw stuff.

"Wait, what was that? I didn't throw that rock! At least not in purpose, sorry!" He continues shouting various things like that and starts helping people.

2 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Hide contents

I thought I only broke the door... Oh whatever. Romero is just an inquisitive jock, but he wouldn't throw stuff.

"Wait, what was that? I didn't throw that rock! At least not in purpose, sorry!" He continues shouting various things like that and starts helping people.

I am a bit confused. He burst through the door, but...?

Luke pokes his head into the giant hole in the house. 

13 hours ago, OoklaWasTaken said:

Luke pokes his head into the giant hole in the house. 

Spoiler

He burst through the door to learn more about the house as he is a very inquisitive person, but has no ill will for anyone in there.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:08 PM, Somebody from Sel said:

"Ya, how about we see why," he says. He forms armour around all of him and runs into the door at full pelt.

Sorry, I was a bit confused because he ran into the door, full pelt.

1 hour ago, OoklaWasTaken said:

Spoiler

He did, he wanted in. He's not the smartest.

On 12/5/2020 at 4:22 PM, Ookla the Intimidating said:

It's all good! In this case, I thank you for it!

Lissa's eyes widened at the sudden crash, yelping and beginning to cover her head before suddenly everything began to slip away. She didn't know what happened, but only a few seconds later, she was somewhere unknown, and entirely different.

"W- What the heck is this?!

She looked around, incredibly startled by this new chain of events.

On 12/5/2020 at 5:17 PM, Somebody from Sel said:

He did, but when someone in full crystal armor crashes through a door, it's going to make a lot of noise and their momentum is presumably going to send them bursting inward. :P I didn't say he threw anything.

Cassie started to relax, noting that both of the others had gotten out safely, a Cryptic by the girl and [whatever the heck the Nightwatcher does or looks like in the CR if anything]. And the deadeye Reacher behind her, who she pointedly didn't look at. "Sorry for grabbing you there," she said, trying to make herself sound confident and knowing, rather than still high on adrenaline and itching to summon Shardplate. "This is the Cognitive Realm, also called Shadesmar. Another dimension, basically. Some of us Radiants can travel here." She glanced at the girl's spren and added, "Being a Lightweaver, I think you'll probably get to know it well yourself. Anyway, sorry again, I didn't want anyone to get hurt. You okay? And, oh - I'm Cassie."

@Ookla the Stick

On 12/7/2020 at 9:02 PM, Ookla the Intimidating said:

Cassie started to relax, noting that both of the others had gotten out safely, a Cryptic by the girl and [whatever the heck the Nightwatcher does or looks like in the CR if anything]. And the deadeye Reacher behind her, who she pointedly didn't look at. "Sorry for grabbing you there," she said, trying to make herself sound confident and knowing, rather than still high on adrenaline and itching to summon Shardplate. "This is the Cognitive Realm, also called Shadesmar. Another dimension, basically. Some of us Radiants can travel here." She glanced at the girl's spren and added, "Being a Lightweaver, I think you'll probably get to know it well yourself. Anyway, sorry again, I didn't want anyone to get hurt. You okay? And, oh - I'm Cassie."

@Ookla the Stick

"Cognitive R- W- What is going on here? I don't- WHA-" 

Lissa, who was already confused and panicking, stumbled as she saw a tall, robed figure with a strange symbol for a head standing over here.

"Wha- Who are you? I don't-"

She stammered, eyes wide.

Mmm... Is Lissa surprised to see me? It has been a while since Fib has had limbs. Fib misses it.

For a moment, she paused, frowning, then looked to Cassie with confusion.

"Wait, Fib? I don't understand, what is this place?"

11 hours ago, Ookla the Stick said:

"Wait, Fib? I don't understand, what is this place?"

Cassie sighed and peeked back into the living room, where it appeared the rock was speaking. "I'll, um...get back to you on that?" She sent a help glance back at James, then teleported back to the Physical, not wanting to spend any more time with Joy silently standing there.

Back in the house, she summoned her Shardblade and said loudly, "What are you and why are you attacking us?"

13 hours ago, Ookla the Intimidating said:

Cassie sighed and peeked back into the living room, where it appeared the rock was speaking. "I'll, um...get back to you on that?" She sent a help glance back at James, then teleported back to the Physical, not wanting to spend any more time with Joy silently standing there.

Back in the house, she summoned her Shardblade and said loudly, "What are you and why are you attacking us?"

You see Romero trying to help people, his armour gone.

13 hours ago, Ookla the Intimidating said:

"Well, I guess- Wait, hey!" 

She sighed as Cassie phased out of reality, leaving her stuck here, next to that creepy thing, and Fib.
"This is not how I imagined my day going..."

2 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Who is he even helping? 

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Stick said:

"Well, I guess- Wait, hey!" 

She sighed as Cassie phased out of reality, leaving her stuck here, next to that creepy thing, and Fib.
"This is not how I imagined my day going..."

Spoiler

I don't know. Anybody, I don't know who is in the house.

I don't think that's how that works...

Just now, Ookla the Stick said:

Spoiler

What?

On 12/10/2020 at 10:07 AM, Somebody from Sel said:

Nobody's in the room you're in right now, I don't think, and we also generally don't write like we're in a DND game? Like, instead of saying "you see this" just do it - show, don't tell. ^_^

Whatever it was, it had transformed into a person. Cassie's heart slowed down slightly; she knew how to deal with people, even enemies. "Hey, answer me," she called. "What are you doing and who are you?"

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Intimidating said:

Whatever it was, it had transformed into a person. Cassie's heart slowed down slightly; she knew how to deal with people, even enemies. "Hey, answer me," she called. "What are you doing and who are you?"

Spoiler

He's fixing up then. Also, I'm saying what he's doing with different words.

"Me? I'm Romero," he responds, a little sheepish.

"And what are you doing? Why did you attack us, and what were you using to do it?" She didn't drop her Blade.

Could i get a short summary?

On 12/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Ookla the Editor said:

"And what are you doing? Why did you attack us, and what were you using to do it?" She didn't drop her Blade.

Spoiler

Sorry, I forgot to reply.

"My name is Romero and I wish you no harm. I broke through the door by running into it covered in Amberite armour," Romero responds.

On 19/12/2020 at 11:24 PM, Sorana said:

New people, basically. We have Lissa, a new Lightweaver whose cryptic is kind of adorable, Luke, an Elsecaller who has not said the first Ideal I believe? And Romero, an Amberite that took down the front door to see if there were people home. 

Lissa already introduced herself to the people on the first floor, Romero is apologizing for breaking the door, and Luke seems to be going in slowly, taking the opportunity.

Edwin watched from the side, holding an umbrella from the ones stacked together at the entrance with both hands, as if to hit something with it. One look to the person in front of them would tell anyone how useless the idea was. Was that armor? Didn't look like Shardplate. Whatever it was, it was tough, it had broken through the door without problem. 

Once the commotion had passed, the guy didn't look particularly hostile. Probably not a good idea to let their guard down though. Edwin did drop the umbrella, feeling silly. There were other ways he could help if needed. Cassie was interrogating him. Edwin felt like snapping at the guy but for now just listened. If he was going to explain himself better let him.

That's about right, yeah. Right now, Lissa is kind of trapped in the Cognitive Realm while Cassie checked on stuff.

Okay, thanks a lot.

So I'll probably have Shana follow Cassie down, and then I'll see. She can't do anything about the cognotive realm though.

Shana lifted her head when there was a loud noise and cursed under her breath. Well at least Cassie was rising off, saving her from an awkward reply.

"Let's leave once you're ready. I'll go and see if they need my help" She told Rob and then turned around and headed towards the stairs. Despite the situation calling for urgency shewalked slowly, wishing Cassie hat never stumbled in upon them. Breaking into Doc's office. She wasn't regretting what they had done, but still, it felt wrong now that she had seen the shock on Cassie's face. With a sigh she walked downstairs, wondering who else would know by now how many betrayed faces she would have to look into.

To her surprise the reply was none. A new guy had crushed their front door and she heard another voice she couldn't place. New people. Well that was most certainly better than a trial for her decisions.

She joined Edwin standing a little aside, with an umbrella - she raised an eyebrow but didn't ask, instead leaned her weapon,  bladed staff,  close to her against a wall.

"Hello. " She greeted the new guy. "I'm Shana. And honestly, I have no idea what amberite is supposed to be, or what it can do. " She shrugged slightly, hoping to take the edge of her words. He wasn't the first one to walk in with some strange kind of power. But he was the first one to do so while destroying their door. You never knew. Maybe the Voidbringers had found a new way to get to them without using their own hands. So for now she would be careful until she knew more about him. Trust a stranger to easily and you ended up nothing but a pile of blood and bones on the ground.

@Somebody from Sel

Shooting a Shana a quick look when she came down - I still need to talk to them about what they were doing up there - Cassie stepped forward. "Explain Amberite armor. Is that like Shardplate?" @Somebody from Sel @Sorana

Luke watched all of it from outside. "Right place is," Silk added, and yeah, he was probably right.