AonEne

Rob nodded appreciatively to James and followed Shana up the stairs and to Doc’s room. When the lock was removed and the door began to swing open, Rob swallowed. As he approached and gently pushed the door further open, the step from the hall and into the room seemed like some imaginary line, some subtle threshold, a barrier between worlds. Behind him, the safety of rules, the status quo. And ahead: Doc’s room. The truth.

Crossing the line and entering the room with a deep breath, Rob took a moment to acquaint himself with the office, which almost seemed cramped from the amount of filing cabinets. They ran from the floor to the ceiling and bordered the room except for the very front, which was occupied by a mahogany desk and a large monitor on on top of it. Doc’s computer would probably have even more information than the filing cabinets, Rob wagered, but there was no way they had to get into it (you couldn’t physically break your way past a password, he thought ruefully), so he’d have to leave it.

Immediately he went to the first cabinet and slid it open, unveiling leagues of loose papers and documents. He picked a stack of them and skimmed through the headings:

• Current Investiture Cognitive Realm Research Report
  • Spren and Cyamtics: An Overview
  • Can THIS be YOU? Sign up NOW!
  • Inquiry into Locational Studies on Investiture
  • Federal Financial Report

Nothing eye-catching. He dumped them on the floor and skimmed through another handful of files. “If you see something, call out,” he said, looking back to Shana and the door with the hole in it from where she’d broken the lock. A part of him felt anxious at having their security breach so easily visible, but it wasn’t like anybody was going to come up here, anyway. Doc was gone for a few extra weeks at the minimum.

@Sorana

Edited by I think I am here.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shana didn't hesitate, didn't allow herself some time to hesitate and instead followed Rob inside. She had already destroyed the lock, the rest didn't matter anymore as well. Still she closed the door behind them, tried to make it seem as if everything was alright.

"I will." she replied and then, without further delay started to search through the office as well. She left the cabinets to Rob and instead focused on the desk. The first drawer contained nothing but pencils, but the second one revealed letters. Some still closed, some opened and pushed back into their envelopes. She closed it again, deciding to take a look at the letter if they couldn't find anything anywhere else and opened the third one.

The drawer contained sketches of various sizes, probably to some of the tools Doc built in his room in the cellar. She leaved through them, then shut the drawer again and opened the last one. Empty sheets of paper. Pursing her lips she looked over to Rob who was still sorting through leagues of loose papers on the floor and opened the second drawer again.

"I found some letters." she announced quietly and lifted some of them. "Some are open, but some are still closed." She didn't voice the real question, whether to open them or not, knew that Rob would understand. "There might be something in one of them, some hint where we could go and take a look."

And yet, breaking into a room was impolite, to search the room was an abuse of all the trust Doc had obviously placed in them. If he had wanted to really secure his office he could have done it, but he hadn't. He had locked it, despite knowing that a mere lock would stop none of them. But to read his private mail somehow was something else entirely. "Maybe we should look through the cabinets first?"

She left the drawer open and walked over to him, moved more paper to the ground. Kneeling down she started to look through them. Advertisements, economical reports, more sketches. Frustration grew and the open drawer seemed to mock her, to call out to her. It had to be the only way. If they were to find something then-

Pausing she lifted a record on world trade and its development during the last ten years again and reached for a single sheet of paper she had missed. It was a printed email and it obviously came from another Radiant.

"Here." she held it out to him. "That could be something."

On 05/10/2020 at 4:39 PM, Sorana said:

Pausing she lifted a record on world trade and its development during the last ten years again and reached for a single sheet of paper she had missed. It was a printed email and it obviously came from another Radiant.

"Here." she held it out to him. "That could be something."

“Thanks.”

He took the sheet and stood up. Six cabinets on his end and all he’d found were walls of technical, academic text and a few photographs of various landmarks. Straightening out the piece of paper in one hand, he read through it properly instead of scanning: Shana had given it to him, so it must have been useful. And it was:

Life Before Death, Doctor.

Your report regarding the ‘dream battle’ your Radiants experienced with Sha-Thoexis is remarkable. Over this side we’ve only experienced conflicts on an individual scale, but I suppose the presence of two Bondsmiths in your enclave would have had a unique effect. I think I should let you know your report has helped us locating and purging no less than two secret hideouts the Voidbringers were using. It’s for this reason I enquire you to give any more information you have regarding this topic to assist us in the hunt.

Journey Before Destination. - M

Above the text, the email address stated that the sender was someone named Markus, and that they were from a place called Broadview. Rob nodded to himself, only allowing the slightest widen of his eyes. This was a useful email, indeed. Very useful. Underneath all the scientific jargon and pleasantries, the truth was here to be snatched, like gold hiding a few inches below dirt.

“Good work,” he said, placing it on the desk, and strolling to the letters Shana had found. Like a mental jigsaw, the important parts of the email shifted and rearranged themselves in his brain, spitting out a semi-coherent rundown of it all.

“Over this side.”

“Broadview.“

“Locating and purging“

“The hunt.”

“They’re finding and ‘purging’ Voidbringer hideouts,” he said to Shana, sidestepping strewn about sheets. “They’re the types of aggressive attackers we’re looking for. They dress it up in fancy language, but it’s hunting and killing them. And Broadview...” he scratched his head for a moment before turning to Shana.

“They’re... in this city. Across from us, all the way in Northern Seattle.” That... was odd, but it made sense. Who trusted a single enclave of teenagers to a whole gargantuan city of 744,000 people? Rob felt himself grow cold when he thought about it. They were sharing a city with these attackers. And Doc never told them. His gaze shifted to the unopened letters Shana had found. What else was he hiding?

In for a penny, in for a pound, he thought, and ripped open the top of tone of the envelopes. They were too far deep, too far past the invisible line that there was no turning back now. And in his pocket, unbeknownst, the black sphere pulsed happily and indulgently...

16 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

In for a penny, in for a pound, he thought, and ripped open the top of tone of the envelopes. They were too far deep, too far past the invisible line that there was no turning back now. And in his pocket, unbeknownst, the black sphere pulsed happily and indulgently...

So the Voidbringer had spoken the truth. Cold flooded her and for a moment she did nothing apart from standing there, staring at the letter Rob had placed on the desk. Purge. The word alone said anything, told her everything she needed to know. Unconciously she balled her hands to fists while her thoughts turned in circles around the letter around the fact that it all was fake, that she had believed in lies, that she had been brought up with lies.

Throwing her hair back in an angry gesture she stepped next to Rob and reached out for the next envelope, ripping it to pieces to get to the letter it hid. A bill for a bike? Whatever, she put it aside and reached for the next one, the movement sharp and furious.

"That one."

Greetings to you, Doctor.

I know we haven't met so far, but we live in dark times and I hope that you, or those living in your enclave can help us. We had a few fierce battles with a group of Voidbringers hiding in Manhatten before we managed to destroy their hideout and their ressources. You might have heard of some road works going on, and of a few accidents that happened in said road works. As you might guess there were no road works, that was us, or rather the way we covered up the damage of the battles.

In short we lost too many, are weak now, vulnerable to an attack. I heard that you lead an enclave full of young Radiants and I wanted to ask if some of them might finish their training soon? If yes, I would be grateful if you could convince a few of them to consider to move to us. We can organize good jobs and apartments. What we need most are a few front line people, but everybody is welcome.

I know I ask a lot and if you prefer to take a look, to get to know us first then feel free to reach out to me, a meeting can be arranged most certainly.

I hope you write back with positive news soon. - Hannah

She offered it to Rob and grit her teeth in frustration. "I wonder how strongly he was involved in all of this. She mentions not knowing him, so maybe, maybe he's different?" hope shone through her words, hope that Doc was no part in all of this. They probably wouldn't know unless they asked him directly. Broadview. Leaving the letters alone, mostly because she was scared what she would find next, she headed over to the cabinet where she had seen a map of Seattle. Spreading it on the table next to the letters, partially covering those that weren't relevant right now she took a look at it. They had no adress, but if they managed to draw their attention, they would most likely reach out to them, contact them. It wasn't the best plan she'd ever come up with, but it was what she had. Looking at the map she tried to familiarize herself with the layout of the streets, with important points they could use.

==================

Her stick touched the ground with a sharp, hard clicking sound whenever she took a step. Her steps were slow, her face wrinkeled, her white hair braided back into a thin white line reaching her back. Unhurriedly she took her time to look around, smiling at whoever she passed. She wore a long dark skirt, its rim showing signs of long wear and a shawl covered her shoulders over the grey blouse. Her bag, too, was made of a dark fabric, leaving the only bright spot a ring she wore around her neck.

The woman neared the house after a look at its number, again taking her time to look up, take in its height and the windows. Lifting a hand she knocked surprisingly strong, for someone as old as she appeared to be, the sound echoing through the house behind.

@Wyndlerunner

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Her stick touched the ground with a sharp, hard clicking sound whenever she took a step. Her steps were slow, her face wrinkeled, her white hair braided back into a thin white line reaching her back. Unhurriedly she took her time to look around, smiling at whoever she passed. She wore a long dark skirt, its rim showing signs of long wear and a shawl covered her shoulders over the grey blouse. Her bag, too, was made of a dark fabric, leaving the only bright spot a ring she wore around her neck.

The woman neared the house after a look at its number, again taking her time to look up, take in its height and the windows. Lifting a hand she knocked surprisingly strong, for someone as old as she appeared to be, the sound echoing through the house behind

James was broken out of his contemplation by a sharp knock to the front door. "Odds are, it's yet another Radiant" he said with a wry smile. "Perhaps you and I should start an enclave Nightwatcher." He commented, feeling somewhat bemused "Perhaps Doc's sudden influx of new tenants is due in part to double the Bondsmith power residing here." The Nightwatcher sighed with the sort of exasperated care of a worn down teacher. James opened the door, his best smile of greeting beaming from his face. "Hello, My name is James Freeman. How can I help you?" He stopped short of announcing himself as a Bondsmith when he noticed who was at the door. It wasn't some young adult, or Radiant teenager. This was an elderly woman who looked to be in her mid 70's. "And who might you be?" he asked, a measure of guardedness finding its way into his tone. 

13 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James was broken out of his contemplation by a sharp knock to the front door. "Odds are, it's yet another Radiant" he said with a wry smile. "Perhaps you and I should start an enclave Nightwatcher." He commented, feeling somewhat bemused "Perhaps Doc's sudden influx of new tenants is due in part to double the Bondsmith power residing here." The Nightwatcher sighed with the sort of exasperated care of a worn down teacher. James opened the door, his best smile of greeting beaming from his face. "Hello, My name is James Freeman. How can I help you?" He stopped short of announcing himself as a Bondsmith when he noticed who was at the door. It wasn't some young adult, or Radiant teenager. This was an elderly woman who looked to be in her mid 70's. "And who might you be?" he asked, a measure of guardedness finding its way into his tone. 

"I am called Wita Moreau." she smiled at the young boy who'd stopped short at the sight of her. Pushing against her walking stick she tried to stand up a little straighter despite the pain in her back, looked at him calmly. She had surprised him, and he had stopped himself from spilling any secrets, obviously changing what he had been about to say. Looking him up and down she smiled at him politely. His clothing was in order and he obviously was used to greet strangers at the door, welcoming them. She suppressed the urge to brush her fingertips over her bracelet, the new one she had bought after leaving her old one with Lewis. It had been neccessary to make a break and to go on.

"Who is in charge of this-" she paused, unwilling to reveal how much she knew about them, about the whole situation in general. "place." she finished, choosing a more or less neutral word. That was better than to reveal her hand to early. "Are they available to speak to me?"

18 hours ago, Sorana said:

"I am called Wita Moreau." she smiled at the young boy who'd stopped short at the sight of her. Pushing against her walking stick she tried to stand up a little straighter despite the pain in her back, looked at him calmly. She had surprised him, and he had stopped himself from spilling any secrets, obviously changing what he had been about to say. Looking him up and down she smiled at him politely. His clothing was in order and he obviously was used to greet strangers at the door, welcoming them. She suppressed the urge to brush her fingertips over her bracelet, the new one she had bought after leaving her old one with Lewis. It had been neccessary to make a break and to go on.

"Who is in charge of this-" she paused, unwilling to reveal how much she knew about them, about the whole situation in general. "place." she finished, choosing a more or less neutral word. That was better than to reveal her hand to early. "Are they available to speak to me?"

"I assume you mean the owner of this property" James replied, a cold glint in his eyes. He wasn't about to let people get hurt, and without thinking, his hand moved towards his pocket, fingers brushing on the pen that became that pitch black sword. If this woman was a Voidbringer, or one of their ilk, then everyone here could be in serious danger. "I'll let you in, but only if you first tell me exactly what your relationship to Doc is, and what you intend here." He said, firmly "I'm afraid I can't just invite you in and brew you a cup of tea, if you take my meaning."

6 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"I assume you mean the owner of this property" James replied, a cold glint in his eyes. He wasn't about to let people get hurt, and without thinking, his hand moved towards his pocket, fingers brushing on the pen that became that pitch black sword. If this woman was a Voidbringer, or one of their ilk, then everyone here could be in serious danger. "I'll let you in, but only if you first tell me exactly what your relationship to Doc is, and what you intend here." He said, firmly "I'm afraid I can't just invite you in and brew you a cup of tea, if you take my meaning."

Doc. So the man's name was Doc. Wita gently reached out for the bracelet, tapped a little, closed her eyes and then opened again.

His voice had gone cold, as had his eyes, but his body, the way he reached into his pocket spoke of a defensive reaction not an offensive one.
The lawn wasn't immaculate, the grass torn in places, a few dark spots in between as if a part of it had been burnt away. They had fought and not too long ago.
The house was in good shape. Whoever, whatever had attacked them hadn't been able to breach their defenses.
He wouldn't discuss this with her, his voice was too firm, his stance too tight.

She stopped tapping and sighed. "What harm do you think an old woman like me could do?" she inquired gently. "There is no need to worry young man, I don't plan to harm you, or yours. In contrast, I am here to help you. I travelled as quickly as I could once I heard of the attack." Because it was her fault. Her mistake that this creature ran free. If they had been able to stop them earlier, if they had been quicker in their decision making - but they hadn't and over the years she'd come to the conclusion that there hadn't been enough clues, that there had been no way for them to stop the process after the ritual had been started. But then, you never knew. Fact was, they had failed and if she could do something, bring her skills to good use, then she would.

=============

EDIT: Updated character sheet for Wita for TKND

Spoiler

Name: Wita Moreau

Appearance: simple dress, white hair (shoulder length), auburn eyes, slim figured, long fingers

Investiture: F-Zinc (Stores mental speed), Bloodsealing

Weapon: kitchen knife, seals

Skills: Once she stops storing mental speed, Wita is a highly intelligent. She knows her way around computers and programming, in general she has a hand for electrical devices and how they work. Wita spent years living and studying together with Marcel as his apprentice, learning about bloodsealing.

Family: Dead. Wita watched them die when a whole street burned down. Later she lived with Marcel as his apprentice and think of him as the family she lost so long ago.

Weakness: Wita is still troubled by fire and everything she associates with it. Her first reaction is to start storing mental speed in order to escape the memories, although she managed to find a way to deal with a huge part of her trauma when she met Marcel and Lewis. She prefers to do things slowly and only after careful consideration, which usually leads to her acting too late or too slow the moment speed counts.

Nationality: British

Personality: Slow. Thinks about everything for a longer time. Friendly, but she's guarded about letting people really close, as she's afraid to loose them again. If someone takes the time though, she can be a true friend, offering insight and giving earnest feedback.

Backstory: After the street burned down Wita grew up with some friends of her parents. Her father was a feruchemist as well and one day she held a zinc bracelet in her hand and suddenly the pain was less, the thoughts tormenting her distant. When she gave it out hand she understood what had happened and started to store mental speed on purpose. During her youth she worked in a kitchen focused on giving disabled people a place to live. She liked the place, as it was peaceful and quiet, and thereiwas no need to really think about anything. When somethingbreoke down, she usually repaired it to the surprise of everybody there and although it took her a while, she's usually the one they called if the dish washer, a radio or even a computerbreoke down.

One evening she met Marcel, Lewis and a couple of others in a disco. They stumbled upon a murder and then followed some clues through London, trying to stop the murderer from killing someone else. When the clues lead them to big ben they broke into it as well, fought several of the cultists there and tried to prevent a strange ritual from happening. While they failed at stopping the ritual, the cultists failed to do it properly, leading to the perpendicularities being split and Sha'Theoxis being tied strongest to America.

Afterwards Wita stayed with Marcel, first as his apprentice, then as a friend and they lived together for years. After his death she decided to move to America, see if there is something about She'Theoxis she can do.

@AonEne

Edited by Sorana

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

Doc. So the man's name was Doc. Wita gently reached out for the bracelet, tapped a little, closed her eyes and then opened again.

His voice had gone cold, as had his eyes, but his body, the way he reached into his pocket spoke of a defensive reaction not an offensive one.
The lawn wasn't immaculate, the grass torn in places, a few dark spots in between as if a part of it had been burnt away. They had fought and not too long ago.
The house was in good shape. Whoever, whatever had attacked them hadn't been able to breach their defenses.
He wouldn't discuss this with her, his voice was too firm, his stance too tight.

She stopped tapping and sighed. "What harm do you think an old woman like me could do?" she inquired gently. "There is no need to worry young man, I don't plan to harm you, or yours. In contrast, I am here to help you. I travelled as quickly as I could once I heard of the attack." Because it was her fault. Her mistake that this creature ran free. If they had been able to stop them earlier, if they had been quicker in their decision making - but they hadn't and over the years she'd come to the conclusion that there hadn't been enough clues, that there had been no way for them to stop the process after the ritual had been started. But then, you never knew. Fact was, they had failed and if she could do something, bring her skills to good use, then she would.

=============

@AonEne

There was something decidedly trustworthy about this woman, James decided. Did she say attack? He thought, She must be another invested. He let his defensive stance drop, and the cold glint left his eyes. "Apologies ma'am" He said, with a short bow, "I couldn't just let you in, without knowing who you were, and whether or not I'd be risking my friends' lives by doing so." he explained. 

He gestured for the woman to come inside. "If you don't mind saying, What kind of investiture do you use?" James asked, now genuinely curious rather than probing. 

52 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

He gestured for the woman to come inside. "If you don't mind saying, What kind of investiture do you use?" James asked, now genuinely curious rather than probing. 

Wita gratefully inclined her head and walked past him, stepping inside of the house. Several pair of shoes were standing next to the door, as well as a bunch of jackets, different styles and sizes. There had to be a lot of people living here, younger ones judging by their awful sense of style.

"Thank you, James." She stepped to the side, made sure she didn't intrude too far. This was their place and she disliked to disrespect the privacy of others. Everybody had borders and she hated it when strangers ignored hers.

"I'm a Feruchemist." She told him with a warm smile, not mentioning what she had learned from Marcel. Somehow she doubted that he would like the idea of magical seals fueld by blood. Glancing down at her wrist she checked her watch and nodded more to herself. One thing after the other. Give him a chance to ask some questions first, then she could try to figure out how to help and who they were in the first place. "Why don't we discuss the rest over a nice cup of tea? Can't let tea time pass without one, can we?"

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Wita gratefully inclined her head and walked past him, stepping inside of the house. Several pair of shoes were standing next to the door, as well as a bunch of jackets, different styles and sizes. There had to be a lot of people living here, younger ones judging by their awful sense of style.

"Thank you, James." She stepped to the side, made sure she didn't intrude too far. This was their place and she disliked to disrespect the privacy of others. Everybody had borders and she hated it when strangers ignored hers.

"I'm a Feruchemist." She told him with a warm smile, not mentioning what she had learned from Marcel. Somehow she doubted that he would like the idea of magical seals fueld by blood. Glancing down at her wrist she checked her watch and nodded more to herself. One thing after the other. Give him a chance to ask some questions first, then she could try to figure out how to help and who they were in the first place. "Why don't we discuss the rest over a nice cup of tea? Can't let tea time pass without one, can we?"

James smiled, and let her in. "Of course." He said, responding to her request for tea, "I'll go put a kettle on right now." He walked over to the cupboard, and grabbed a kettle. filling it up with warm water, he set it on the stove. Feruchemy? he thought, contemplatively, I think Jamie had that power- but she had another one as well. Continuing his thinking, he grabbed several mugs, and some mint tea he'd mixed himself upon arriving in the Northwest- after all, nowhere else in the states could match northwestern peppermint. 

After the tea was prepared, he went back to the front room, where the woman, Wita, was sitting. He offered her a cup of tea, "Would you like any cream or sugar?" he asked, doing his best to make up for his somewhat rude behavior earlier. 

On 9.10.2020 at 7:12 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

James smiled, and let her in. "Of course." He said, responding to her request for tea, "I'll go put a kettle on right now." He walked over to the cupboard, and grabbed a kettle. filling it up with warm water, he set it on the stove. Feruchemy? he thought, contemplatively, I think Jamie had that power- but she had another one as well. Continuing his thinking, he grabbed several mugs, and some mint tea he'd mixed himself upon arriving in the Northwest- after all, nowhere else in the states could match northwestern peppermint. 

After the tea was prepared, he went back to the front room, where the woman, Wita, was sitting. He offered her a cup of tea, "Would you like any cream or sugar?" he asked, doing his best to make up for his somewhat rude behavior earlier. 

Wita followed him deeper inside, sat down in the front room and waited for him to prepare their tea. It was a relief to get off her feet and sit down for a little while. The young man was nice, although she feared that he might be a little too tense. Maybe he had lived in danger too long, or maybe it was a consequence of the attack.

"Yes, please." she smiled gratefully at him. "It smells delicious." She had expected them to have some tea, but to get a good cup of tea was a lot more than she had wished for.

Smiling at him she took the cup and set it down in front of her. "Tell me a little about yourself." She asked and lifted the cup to her face, inhaling deeply. Even better than she had thought.

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Wita followed him deeper inside, sat down in the front room and waited for him to prepare their tea. It was a relief to get off her feet and sit down for a little while. The young man was nice, although she feared that he might be a little too tense. Maybe he had lived in danger too long, or maybe it was a consequence of the attack.

"Yes, please." she smiled gratefully at him. "It smells delicious." She had expected them to have some tea, but to get a good cup of tea was a lot more than she had wished for.

Smiling at him she took the cup and set it down in front of her. "Tell me a little about yourself." She asked and lifted the cup to her face, inhaling deeply. Even better than she had thought.

James offered her a pitcher of cream, and a sugar bowl. "I hope you enjoy it", he said, "Only a few of my housemates are much for tea, so I don't often get a chance to bust out the tea set." James sat down opposite from her, and mirrored her prior action, lifting the cup to his face, and taking in the refreshing scent. "As I believe I've already said, I'm James Freeman." He replied to her question,  "But more to the point of what you're asking, I'm a Knight Radiant. More specifically a Bondsmith of the 4th Ideal. Pleasure to meet you."

On 10.10.2020 at 11:44 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

James offered her a pitcher of cream, and a sugar bowl. "I hope you enjoy it", he said, "Only a few of my housemates are much for tea, so I don't often get a chance to bust out the tea set." James sat down opposite from her, and mirrored her prior action, lifting the cup to his face, and taking in the refreshing scent. "As I believe I've already said, I'm James Freeman." He replied to her question,  "But more to the point of what you're asking, I'm a Knight Radiant. More specifically a Bondsmith of the 4th Ideal. Pleasure to meet you."

Wita placed the sugar bowl on the table and added first a little cream to her tea, stired it thrice and only then added some sugar. There was no real reason to do it like that, but it had become a ritual she enjoyed. Offered some time to focus, some calm. When she finished stiring the second time she looked up at James again.

"The pleasure is mine." she inclined her head. "I have to admit, that while I have a rough concept of what Knight Radiants are, I am not too familiar with the different orders and their ideals. You'll have to forgive my lacking knowledge in that regard."

For a moment she fell silent, unwilling to start talking business yet. There was no need to rush things. Leaning back in her chair she took a first, tiny sip of her tea, enjoying its taste. Delicious. He really had a hand for these things.

"What is this place?" she finally asked, skipping around the Unmade as a topic. It could wait, at least for a little bit, it could wait.

9 hours ago, Sorana said:

Wita placed the sugar bowl on the table and added first a little cream to her tea, stired it thrice and only then added some sugar. There was no real reason to do it like that, but it had become a ritual she enjoyed. Offered some time to focus, some calm. When she finished stiring the second time she looked up at James again.

"The pleasure is mine." she inclined her head. "I have to admit, that while I have a rough concept of what Knight Radiants are, I am not too familiar with the different orders and their ideals. You'll have to forgive my lacking knowledge in that regard."

For a moment she fell silent, unwilling to start talking business yet. There was no need to rush things. Leaning back in her chair she took a first, tiny sip of her tea, enjoying its taste. Delicious. He really had a hand for these things.

"What is this place?" she finally asked, skipping around the Unmade as a topic. It could wait, at least for a little bit, it could wait.

"This is an enclave." James said, preparing his explanation, "It exists to help keep the younger generations of Radiants safe from the Voidbringers. The man in charge is Doc, a Bondsmith like myself. There are only ever 3 of us, so I came here to learn how to use my abilities." He paused for a brief moment to take a sip of his tea, "Although this started out as primarily a place for Radiants to stay, there are a few other types of Invested here at the moment, we've got an Elantrian, and a Twinborn at least, though it's been some time since I saw either of them." James took another long sip of tea, hoping the woman found it to be as good as he did. "Now, what brings a Feruchemist like yourself here? Are you seeking a form of asylum from Voidbringers? Do you have news for Doc?" He asked, hopefully not sounding as interrogative as he had previously.

On 12.10.2020 at 6:39 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

"This is an enclave." James said, preparing his explanation, "It exists to help keep the younger generations of Radiants safe from the Voidbringers. The man in charge is Doc, a Bondsmith like myself. There are only ever 3 of us, so I came here to learn how to use my abilities." He paused for a brief moment to take a sip of his tea, "Although this started out as primarily a place for Radiants to stay, there are a few other types of Invested here at the moment, we've got an Elantrian, and a Twinborn at least, though it's been some time since I saw either of them." James took another long sip of tea, hoping the woman found it to be as good as he did. "Now, what brings a Feruchemist like yourself here? Are you seeking a form of asylum from Voidbringers? Do you have news for Doc?" He asked, hopefully not sounding as interrogative as he had previously.

"None of these, to be honest."

Wita shook her head apologetically. "I came here, because of the one that attacked you. The Voidbringers -" she paused, started her sentence anew. "as far as I know you fight them, but in the end, I don't want to get involved with that fight too much. I don't know a lot about them, but I am positive that it won't end good for an old woman to get into battle anymore."

She smiled wryly at him and took another sip of her tea. "I travelled here from Britain in order to keep an eye on the one toying with dreams, destroying minds and clouding the thoughts of those without power." Setting down her cup she made a small gesture with her hands. "I am sorry, if I disappoint you, but my feruchemy isn't the most offensive that exists. What I can do can be helpful, but not in a direct conflict, especially not with a creature as powerful as that one."

"So to answer your question: I am here to get more information about the current situation with the monster, to see what harm she did and, if possible, to maybe help with fighting her. Everything else - I doubt I would be an asset in an open battle."

It was true, although only a part of it. If she created a few seals, bound a few creatures she should be able to face off some of the Voidbringers. But she was pretty sure that James would throw her out, close his eyes to her words the moment she mentioned heading to a graveyard and getting out some bones. The dead were dead, they didn't care about what happened to their bones, but she found that this was a stance only a few people shared. Better to keep that one behind closed doors, until it became inevitable.

On 07/10/2020 at 2:51 PM, Sorana said:

"I wonder how strongly he was involved in all of this. She mentions not knowing him, so maybe, maybe he's different?"

Rob took the letter, took his time to read it while Shana grabbed a map. Good thinking. Meanwhile, the seriousness of the situation was getting to him the further he waded into the letter’s contents. The room seemed awfully humid all of a sudden and he could feel his heartbeat pick up. This wasn’t make-believe. They were discovering things hidden for maybe years, hidden other enclaves in the city, maybe comprised of actual adults. Radiant adults, and they were attacking Voidbringers.

“They don’t refer to him by name, only as ‘Doctor’,” he said, letting the letter slip from his fingers and glide onto the table again. Sighing, he turned to the letters, glancing back at Shana with the map for a moment before picking up all the envelopes and walking over to her.

“I guess they can’t know him that well,” he said. Still, he’d kept the secret. Had he accepted to give some of Radiants, how would he have broken it to them? Suddenly, the next step seemed obvious. It seemed large, and almost intimidating, but it was obvious. They had a group they knew was contributing to the Voidbringer problem. They had a specific enough location. What else was there to it? And get, the thought of what came next unsettled him.

Idly he tore the tops of the envelopes off one by one, scanning each one’s insides and dropping the uninteresting ones to the floor, where they made themselves home among the other discarded pieces of paper and files. Storms, they’d ransacked the place. Rob shook his head and brought his attention back to the envelopes. One life-insurance flyer (Rob found that strangely suiting in a morbid sort of way), a newsletter about economics, and a politician’s advertisement. Nothing of substance.

“We have to be undercover,” he said finally, looking back to the map, though his thoughts were distant. “They can’t know who we are. No witnesses.”

On 16.10.2020 at 3:35 PM, I think I am here. said:

“We have to be undercover,” he said finally, looking back to the map, though his thoughts were distant. “They can’t know who we are. No witnesses.”

Nodding Shana agreed with a humming sound, pointed at the map. "We know the area where they are active. We head over there, pretend to know nothing about enclaves and the like. It will only work, if they haven't seen our pictures before, but given the way they refer to Doc I think it likely that what contact they had was more of a light nature." Still they were in the same city, so there was always a chance of someone recognizing them.

Folding the map together she put it in her pocket, lifted the now open letters up and looked them through. Nothing interesting there and while she was sure that they had missed clues or other hints, she wasn't motivated to go on searching. They had a target, that was the sole part that counted. "We could change circumstances." she mentioned towards her cloths. "Everybody knows that Doc is looking after a bunch of students, but if we don't look like students and more like runaways, freedom fighters -" she made a gesture with her hand to indicate that the list could go on and on, "then we might have a chance to be seen as recruits. We are good and have battle experience. If we managed to get recuirted by them, we can make our own picture of the situation. See if it is as bad as the letter suggests."

Raising an eyebrow she looked at him, wordlessly asking for his opinion, before beding down and starting to clean the office up. It would do them no good to leave the place like that. It would only serve to make James and the others more suspicious than they already were.

Too late for that, Cassie’s here :ph34r: sorry it’s not a better post, I know it should be... 

“What...?” Cassie stood in the doorway, staring at Rob and Shana. What were they doing? “Are you...I...what - guys, what the storms?” Rarely did the word ‘storms’ really feel like a curse to her, but it did now. 

58 minutes ago, HoidWasTaken said:

You can submit a character sheet of the character you would like to rp with (includes name, description, background, powers, ex.). You can pick any free Radiant orders in the first post, or you can use a character with a different magic system.

Okay I guess I just put my character here?

Spoiler

Luke Conquest (The Knights Next Door)

Investiture: Pre 1st Oath Elsecaller

Spren: Silk (Inkspren)

Personality: Luke is very introverted, but if you ever get into an argument with him he has a very difficult time dropping it, or admitting to losing it. He always claims it is cold, and is constantly wearing a brown jacket as if to prove a point.

Description: Luke generally wears muted colors, nothing neon or anything like that. It is generally sweatpants or jeans, never shorts unless he is swimming. He is generally wearing a brown jacket.

Backstory: Luke’s mother was out of the picture for most of his life. In his early childhood, everyone he tried to befriend eventually ended up moving away, so he just stopped trying. Why try to make friends if they will just leave in the end?

Luke was bullied by others for most of the earlier grades, but eventually they just left him alone. Luke was fine with that.

So Luke turned his attention mostly to his studies. He has gotten a full 4.0 GPA For most of his school career, and has no plans of breaking his streak.
Most of his father’s time was spent at his work in Seattle University. It got even worse when Luke came out as an atheist, whose father ran a Jesuit University.

Recently, Luke had seen a shadowy figure lurking around him multiple times, out of the corner of his eye. Luke was sure he was mad when it started talking to him.