AonEne

5 hours ago, Emi said:

Bravo for Ene, who posted 1 RP this month!:P 

I posted in more than that :P 

Cassie would probably be a better Bondsmith than some members of her order, but there’s a reason she’s a Willshaper. She’s had to become a (debatably good) leader by virtue of being one of the oldest in the house, but she’s definitely not the best person to fill that role, nor will she be much of a leader later in life. Parenthood is as close as she’ll get. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

I posted in more than that :P 

Cassie would probably be a better Bondsmith than some members of her order, but there’s a reason she’s a Willshaper. She’s had to become a (debatably good) leader by virtue of being one of the oldest in the house, but she’s definitely not the best person to fill that role, nor will she be much of a leader later in life. Parenthood is as close as she’ll ge

I done goofed didn't I? I totally thought that our convo on the discord was serious:P

23 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I done goofed didn't I? I totally thought that our convo on the discord was serious:P

Maybe half serious for me? :P She could become a Bondsmith squire, but it wouldn’t be a core part of her character. 

On 21.5.2020 at 0:46 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Sheln took a hesitant step backwards, his eyes fixed on Shana as if expecting a trap. Then another one. Then he backed into the garage door.

Shana let him. She followed, made sure she kept her eyes on his figure to ensure that he wouldn't hurt their friends, but she let him go. She had meant what she said, didn't question her decision. There was a time for fighting, for killing. And there was a time for mercy. She had no quarrel with the Voidbringer, not as long as he left her and her family alone. She wouldn't hurt him because of what he was. She would hurt him, if he hurt hers. And so far he hadn't done anything the like.

After Sara got a little bit more used to the situation, she looked at Argoh. "You may be wright. But I'll use my spontanity. I want to see this bad creature once again"

Although Argoh didn't have face, Sara knew that he is worried. But he couldn't stop her from doing that."Ok, I'll go with you. That's what the law require from me."

"Exactly, you can't argue with law" Replied Sara with satisfaction and went to the garage, where she saw the creature.

Edited by Emi

• 2 weeks later...

James began walking towards the garage, humming the tune to one of those obscure songs that had become popular as an internet meme. To any potential onlookers, there wasn't much extraordinary going on, just a young man, humming. What they wouldn't see, nor hear, was the argument that was currently raging within his headspace. She's not to be trusted, James, that's final. The Nightwatcher's usual good natured snark had been replaced by a stern coldness that James was sure had only been before matched by a strict Victorian governess. I know why you dislike her James sent back, But I've never met someone so befitting of this Order before Cass. Surely you could at least make her a squire or something? The Nightwatcher made a noise James could only liken unto a derisive sniff, though he wasn't sure whether the Nightwatcher had a nose to speak of. She is a murderer! An Oathbreaker! You would have me entrust my powers to one such as that? The cold finality of her prior statement was replaced by a burning, stinging, anger. No. Just Listen to me Night, Cass made mistakes, yes. But so have I, and surely so did your previous bondmate. The point is that we have potential to grow. I see that potential in Cass, just like you saw it in me all those months ago. James hoped that his own emotions were conveyed to the Nightwatcher as well as hers were to him, and turned around to look at Cassie. "Hey Cass, you coming or what?"

@AonEne

Shout out to my mom for helping me with the Governess line. You're the best, Mom!

On 6/25/2020 at 11:04 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

James hoped that his own emotions were conveyed to the Nightwatcher as well as hers were to him, and turned around to look at Cassie. "Hey Cass, you coming or what?"

OOF good job with that post, I felt emotions. Entirely deserved ones. And aw James :wub:

I think what it is is a lack of direction and the fact that people keep dropping out. We have an endgame plan, and right now we've got a Voidbringer interaction, but nothing to carry us between. How much do we want to achieve before we go into our climax? Any scenes y'all are dying to write? We should get something happening. (IC naming the cat is an option :P) Edit: (also the house defenses!)

Refresher on the climax:

Spoiler

Thade and the remaining Seedbound will attack the protagonists and be beaten by us. Thade will die, harming Sha-thoexis through their bond and sending her deep into the Cognitive Realm for a very long time, causing her influence to lessen to the point where it's barely noticeable. This would give us the situation we've been looking for for TKNG. Meanwhile, neighbors or passersby will notice the aftereffects of the battle, cluing our characters into the fact that Investiture is no longer hidden.

Cassie saluted. "Yes, sir," she said with a small smile, speeding up a bit to walk side by side with him rather than behind as they reached the garage.

Edited by AonEne

38 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Cassie saluted. "Yes, sir," she said with a small smile, speeding up a bit to walk side by side with him rather than behind as they reached the garage.

James noticed the smile on her face, and the fact that she was now walking by his side. Well, that's a good sign he noted to himself- self confidence was often the first step in growth, and besides that, it was always a joy when one of his friends smiled, especially since Cass had been having a hard time of late. "I'm worried about Shana." he confided to her, as they approached the garage door. "I don't know if it was the best idea to put her in this situation, alone with the prisoner. Bless her heart, but she can be rash at times, and Voidbringers especially seem to bring it out in her." 

James opened the garage door, and walked straight into the prisoner's back. He shifted slightly off balance, and fell to the pavement, As he sat up, he noticed Shana near the prisoner's chair. "Excuse me, but what in the 9 levels of heck is going on here?" he asked, to nobody in particular. Well, this just got a lot weirder than I was expecting.

So, ladies and gents, how do we want to proceed with this scene?

@AonEne @Sorana @xinoehp512

I don't know. Xino isn't posting anymore, but he was about to leave. I think we can cover a little time with Shana explaining what happened and then, if he doesn't post anything maybe just assume he left? A tad godmoddy, but the softest I can think of.

Shana swirled around when the door opened, eyes on the figure that entered. James. Without hesitating a second she started to run, covered her feet in stormlight after the first few steps as soon as she had gained some momentum to make use of. It didn't take her long to cover the distance between herself and James. Feeling slightly sorry for him she bumped a little into him when she moved her body between him and the Voidbringer. Storms. This wasn't how it was supposed to go.

"Our guest was about to leave." she said calmly, while making sure that neither she nor James were blocking the exit in a way that the Voidbringer wasn't able to leave. "As he hadn't harmed us, I saw no reason to keep him imprisoned any longer." And besides his answers had been close to useless, but she doubted that without another kind of pressure she would be able to gain more information.

Her attention never left the man standing in front of her, as she carefully observed every single movement of his. If he attacked, if he endangered James - she would turn him into a pile of ash immediatly.

@xinoehp512

@Wyndlerunner

21 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana swirled around when the door opened, eyes on the figure that entered. James. Without hesitating a second she started to run, covered her feet in stormlight after the first few steps as soon as she had gained some momentum to make use of. It didn't take her long to cover the distance between herself and James. Feeling slightly sorry for him she bumped a little into him when she moved her body between him and the Voidbringer. Storms. This wasn't how it was supposed to go.

"Our guest was about to leave." she said calmly, while making sure that neither she nor James were blocking the exit in a way that the Voidbringer wasn't able to leave. "As he hadn't harmed us, I saw no reason to keep him imprisoned any longer." And besides his answers had been close to useless, but she doubted that without another kind of pressure she would be able to gain more information.

Her attention never left the man standing in front of her, as she carefully observed every single movement of his. If he attacked, if he endangered James - she would turn him into a pile of ash immediatly.

@xinoehp512

@Wyndlerunner

James's eyes flickered back and forth between the prisoner and Shana. When I said I thought Shana might do something reckless, I didn't expect this at all. What do I do here? I might have bitten off more than I can chew here He thought in chagrin, yet when he spoke, the words that came out of his mouth were "I see. Well I won't hinder you." Sweet Saints he thought I hope Cass has an idea.

@AonEne @xinoehp512

I'm sorry, as soon as I saw the line 'I hope Cass has an idea' I was just like

We're letting him go? Cassie glanced from the Voidbringer to Shana to James to Sara. Jeez, I hope James has an idea on how to handle this. We haven't ever practiced interrogation stuff. I guess it's not that likely that he has, either.

14 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Sheln edged carefully around Shana and James, flicking his eyes between the three Radiants.

Light, I wish I had my shardblade, he thought.

Shana took another step to the side, while ensuring she stayed between the Voidbringer and her friends. "You see?" she asked mostly to cover up on the uncomfortable silence. "We don't want to fight or to hurt someone. We fight when we are attacked." She left the 'when you and yours attack us' away, and instead made a gesture towards the lawn. "They agree." It wasn't exactly true for Cassie as she hadn't said anything at all, but at least James agreed. That was a good sign, he was their Bondsmith. Hopefully Cassie and the others would follow his lead and let the Voidbringer leave.

"If you leave us alone, if you stop killing innocents." she added while he slowly moved forward, edged around them. "Then you have nothing to fear from us." Her body was nearly hurting from the tense set of her shoulders, from the way she stood ready to jump, to move at any threatening gesture.

"Just leave." she repeated, a heartfelt wish. "Just leave us alone."

@AonEne @Wyndlerunner

On 05/07/2020 at 10:51 AM, AonEne said:

Any scenes y'all are dying to write?

Yes. :ph34r: Sorry for being so inactive!

The cat didn’t like Rob closing the door to his room, and promptly hopped out of his arms, racing down the stairs. He weakly tried to wave goodbye to it, but couldn’t help purge the sense of sadness that threatened to overwhelm him at the cat rejecting him. No, he’d have to stick to those online videos of cats. Online cats didn’t run away from him.

He needed to rest. He was beginning to hear things. Whispers. He turned off his room light and held up the black sphere, it’s cloudy surface obscuring what was beneath. And Rob had to know what was beneath. At school, he’d felt genuine rage for the first time in a while, had come too close to showing it. And at the fight with the Voidbringers, he’d been needlessly aggressive. Why?

He had to stay strong. That’s what a good Stoneward did. Stayed strong for his friends.

But this sphere was an enigma that eluded him, and though he didn’t want to say it, he didn’t want Doc or James or Ben or Shana or anyone else to see it. It was his, he’d found it and he’d need to figure out what it was by himself. And it wouldn’t be like the others would notice a change, right? They were used to Rob not showing any emotions anyway. Moving to his window, Rob tried to close his blinds before he saw the Voidbringer exiting. And Cassie, James and Shana there, allowing it.

If there was one person who knew about the sphere, it was that Voidbringer, and Rob would find answers.

Departing from his room, Rob walked downstairs to where Shana and the rest were, near the garage.

“What if he gives intel on us?” He asked to any of them,

@Sorana @Wyndlerunner @AonEne

15 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“What if he gives intel on us?” He asked to any of them.

"What intel could he give?" Cassie pointed out. "It's not like our garage has much in the way of conspicuous personal information, and I'm sure they already know there's a variety of Radiants here."

39 minutes ago, AonEne said:

"What intel could he give?" Cassie pointed out. "It's not like our garage has much in the way of conspicuous personal information, and I'm sure they already know there's a variety of Radiants here."

“Our ages. Personality?” Rob shrugged. Cassie was right, the Voidbringers likely knew all of that information already. And this had been their chance to get some information of their own against the threat. Their one and only chance, and he was strolling right out in the open, they were letting him free. But it just felt... wrong. As if they were helping the threat by giving the Voidbringers one extra soldier. If the Radiants needed him gone, why not just remove him?

“He’s an important figure among the Voidbringers, right?” He asked and turned towards Cassie. “Would a ransom work?”

James stood up and wiped the dust from his pants, "I don't know Rob, I know he's an enemy and a war criminal essentially, but ransom feels like a step too far in a negative direction. If we're going to let him go, we should do it expecting nothing from the enemy in return. I know it's laughable to think, but if we show them honor, perhaps they will return the favor." 

Pfft, like heck they would. The Nightwatcher sent to him.

@I think I am here. @Sorana @AonEne @xinoehp512

So they didn't trust her. First nobody came along when she asked for help, when she would have needed some help, and then, then when she had talked to the prisoner they didn't trust her decision. There it was. James, Rob, Cassie. All the ones she cared for the most, the ones she held close in her heart didn't trust her at all. She was their blade, the one you used to kill, to keep the blood off your hands, but when it came to something else, suddenly her decisions weren't enough anymore.

"They had a house, no more than 5 minutes away. Full of equipment, full of spies. They have people at our school, they knew when we were celebrating a marriage and attacked during the party -" she levelled her gaze at Rob, unable to hide the anger born out of disappointment, born out of hurt, in her voice. "I don't care if he tells them about the insides of our garage."

"None of you talked to him." she continued, "I have. None of you even cared about what he told me - you didn't even ask." Her hand closed a little tighter around her weapon and she found herself shifting her stance, slightly changing the way her body faced. She stared at Rob. "You talk about gaining intel, but the questioning is over. I'm the one to ask now, not him."

Turning back to them all she looked at their faces, one after the other, took her time to get a good look at their faces. Rob was different. He rarely argued with that much intensity. Cassie had been instable ever since Joy died and James, that he questioned her hurt about as much as Rob word's. She'd always thought she could count on his support. Rob was her partner, the one she would hand her life to without blinking without ever thinking twice about it. And James, James was the one she'd trusted with her soul. And both of them just threw it away. Not caring about why she had come to that decision, not asking her for her reasons, for the knowledge she'd gained. They walked up to the garage and started to question her.

"I gave him my word that he can leave, and so he will. Unharmed, without a ransom." She knew that her posture was nothing but a challenge, the stormlight seemed to live under her fingertips urging her to use it, to inhale and then do the only thing everybody trusted her to do. Fight. Kill. Destroy. Leave nothing but a burnt patch of earth behind. She stared at the three of them daring them to break her word, her promise, to show their distrust in something more than words, than discussion. See if they were willing to fight her. Because she would.

If they didn't care, if they didn't trust her - then they were exactly what she assured the Voidbringer that they weren't. They were everything she thought she saw in their enemies. Because sometimes, sometimes you needed to trust. You could question, you could ask for reasons, but there was a time and a place for everything. And that time wasn't now, not when the Voidbringer was unbound, standing on the lawn already. It was too late for that, capturing him again would mean another fight. One they started. This was the moment they needed to trust her, just as she trusted them. But they didn't. They discussed. They undermined her words by their very actions and it hurt, hurt so much to see that their enemy had been right all along. Maybe they were the evil ones. They had been attacked, but if they behaved like this - she could see it, easily see so many Radiants go on a quest to hunt down Voidbringers. And because she could see it, because her friends were doing it, were considering it, she knew it was true.

It was about the way as much as it was about the goal. It was about why you lifted a weapon. There had to be reason. There had to be. She looked at them, felt as if her picture of their house, of their friendship shattered and broke apart, the pieces slicing open her heart and soul. She had considered them peaceful, unless attacked. Defending. Caring about live, able to respect others even if they were different. These were the things she was fighting for. To be accepted. To create a place where everybody could be who they were, no matter their investiture, no matter their personal opinions. A place where verybody coexisted peacefully, accepting and respecting those that didn't fit what was considered normal. Because none of them did. To change what was normal. To make it normal to be different, to remove all these labels and just be equal.

How could they expect to be respected if they didn't give it back. How could they expect to be seen as individuals, if none of them was willing to do the same for a Voidbringer. They were human, just as they as Radiants were human. If they attacked Sheln now, they would attack an unarmed, peaceful person. She felt like vomitting at the thought. This wasn't the reason why she picked up her weapon. This wasn't the world she wanted to fight for, she wanted to live in.

"He will leave." she stated. A fact, not a question. A decision, her decision they would have to deal with. Let them come, let them try to prevent him from leaving. She was ready, she would fight. Because it was what she did. Fight for the right thing. Her hands shook slightly when she realized what her thoughts were leading her to. Fight for the right thing. But could she? Could she fight for the right thing if it meant facing down her friends. Lift her weapon against those she loved dearly and with every inch of her body and soul? She didn't know. Mahad curled around her arm, his warmth comfortable, as if urging her to go on. The right thing. If only it wasn't that hard.

@I think I am here. @AonEne @Wyndlerunner @xinoehp512

Itiah, I know ooc you want to talk to Sheln about that Sphere, but the way Shana's conversation played out with Sheln while you were inactive in this thread makes it impossible for me to have her act differently in this situation. I considered it, but it's just not Shana anymore if she goes back on her word. I'm, really, really sorry, tried to write it another way several times, but it simply doesn't work.

Edited by Sorana

No need to apologise :D Makes for a great situation.

Anger bled through Shana’s voice, and while she stared at him, Rob kept his gaze firmly on the retreating Voidbringer, the shrinking figure a lost opportunity, a pile of sand slipping through his fingertips, to be gone before. The Voidbringers woouldnt be so amateur again. They’d improve, learn something new, and when they came back they’d put up more of a fight. From the corner of his eye he could still see Shana staring at him, her stature strong and ready and unmistakably glowing.

“He will leave,” she stated, and the way she said it assured Rob there would be no arguing with her.

An ultimatum, then. A choice. Now, hesitantly, he looked away from the Voidbringer and at Shana, still keeping the demon in his periphery, as if losing line of sight would make him disappear. But now he could focus on Shana and he turned his body to her fully, crossing his arms and noticing the way she held her weapon, the way emotions leaked from every action she did and every word she said. Hurt, that he was doubting her. Staying perfectly still, he looked into Shana’s eyes. Was he clenching his jaw? He was getting sloppy in holding back his emotion, but this was a frustrating situation, and Shana didn’t help.

Would she attack if he tried to subdue the Voidbringer again? Would they fight? For a moment a dark idea intruded into his mind, as if whispered into his consciousness, a thought that was gone just as soon as it had appeared:

You would win.

And then it was gone, and all Rob was left with was a friend staring up at him, hurt and angry, just wanting to let an unarmed prisoner go. Blinking, he looked to Shana again with new eyes and slowly, imperceptibly, nodded.

“Sorry,” he said.

This was wasn’t over, far from it. He would find answers. Even if his best opportunity was walking away, aided, of all people, by the friend he trusted the most in the house. The friend who was laying down a choice Rob knew he couldn’t make. He wouldn’t fight his friend. His frustration boiled in his core, a simmering, burning hatred just under the surface of his stillness. Sharply - maybe too sharply - he turned and stared at the Voidbringer, then at Shana again. She was choosing to let a monster go free, but she was still his friend and he’d respect her decision out of respect for her.

“Sorry,” he repeated, uncrossing his arms and walking back to Cassie and James.

@Sorana