AonEne

"No" she twisted her head, too quickly, so her hair hit Argoh. For a second the world whirled in front of her eyes, and spren made a loud, dezorientated sound. Suddenly everything stopped as it started. She couldn't touch him, but getting really near could end up with having huge dizziness. "Just a little bit" She stared at Argoh, looking for some help. Sara could promise, that he was pensive, even though he had never changed his look. "Life before death, strenght before weakness, journey before destination". After theese words Sara smiled and repeated them to Cassie.
"this is actually everything I can say"

Edited by Emi

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2020 at 0:46 PM, The_Archivist said:

Everest suddenly noticed that there was another person in the garage. When did that happen? He really should pay more attention to his surroundings. It didn't matter though, she was already going.

He almost smiled. The Voidbringer revealed far more than he thought. Everest had wondered for a long time where their base was, and now he knew.

"Speaking of your leaders, who are they?" Everest didn't actually care that much, but he might slip and give away something else.

Sheln raised his eyebrows. "All the Fifth Fusions that we have," he said.

Rob waved to Aya, watching her leave the house. She’d fit in well with the rest of the Radiants. Maybe she’d be more comfortable next time if there was someone other than Rob to greet her. But that was besides the point. Drifting his eyes from the door, he found them resting on the small cat that lay where Ayalin had placed it, sitting and observing the house.

Taking a measured look around to make sure no one could see him, Rob quietly shuffled over to the cat and picked it up. It mewed and he held it up, then close to him. It was even softer than it looked, and he thought about sneaking in a smile, but decided against it, content with the warmth in his heart for now. He pet the cat and walked up the stairs to his room, hoping no one would see him.

“You’re a good cat, aren’t you? Yes, you’re a good cat...” he whispered, taking the cat into his room and shutting the door.

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Equivalent to an oath," said Sheln. "That's what you have, right? Oaths?"

He had no idea what an Oath was in this context, but it seemed like the Radiants would know, so Everest made a mental note to ask them later. "One last question, where is your base?" He didn't think the Voidbringer would answer, but he might as well try.

21 hours ago, Emi said:

"Life before death, strenght before weakness, journey before destination". After theese words Sara smiled and repeated them to Cassie. "this is actually everything I can say" 

“Good job,” Cassie said, nodding approvingly. “That’s the First Ideal of the Knights Radiant. Do you ever see things that other people don’t? Things that sometimes talk to you, maybe, or make you feel things?” 

3 hours ago, The_Archivist said:

He had no idea what an Oath was in this context, but it seemed like the Radiants would know, so Everest made a mental note to ask them later. "One last question, where is your base?" He didn't think the Voidbringer would answer, but he might as well try.

Sheln blinked. That's... all? 

"In Colorado." he said slowly.  "But your people already know that- they've tried to attack us there before."

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

“Good job,” Cassie said, nodding approvingly. “That’s the First Ideal of the Knights Radiant. Do you ever see things that other people don’t? Things that sometimes talk to you, maybe, or make you feel things?” 

Sara bit her lip. Could she tell Cassie about Argoh. From the other side, she probably knew about other from his type. "Yes, I see a small, levitating black hole. Do you see it too?"

7 hours ago, Emi said:

Sara bit her lip. Could she tell Cassie about Argoh. From the other side, she probably knew about other from his type. "Yes, I see a small, levitating black hole. Do you see it too?"

A small black hole. She’d heard Skybreaker spren were something like that, though she’d never had a chance to glimpse one. All the Skybreakers Cassie had known so far had been in and out of the house fairly quickly. “I don’t, but I’ve seen other spren before. That’s what they’re called: spren. Yours is a highspren. We all bond them; we say the Words, like you just did, and other words too - they’re oaths.”

She laughed slightly. “I’m not explaining this very well, you’d think I’d get better at it over the years, right? But nope. Anyway, there are ten types of Knights Radiant, which is what you are. I’m assuming you’re a Skybreaker. That means you can...affect your gravitational pull...well, basically you can fly and walk on walls. One of the Windrunners will be able to explain it better than I can. I don’t know whether Draug’s still here. Oh, but Nym is, she’s been around for a couple days now. The other thing you can do is burn stuff, disintegrate it, Shana knows about that. She’s getting pretty good at it, I think.” 

Cassie blinked and looked up again at Sara. “Sorry, did any of that make sense?” 

11 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Taking a measured look around to make sure no one could see him, Rob quietly shuffled over to the cat and picked it up. It mewed and he held it up, then close to him. It was even softer than it looked, and he thought about sneaking in a smile, but decided against it, content with the warmth in his heart for now. He pet the cat and walked up the stairs to his room, hoping no one would see him.

“You’re a good cat, aren’t you? Yes, you’re a good cat...” he whispered, taking the cat into his room and shutting the door

Rob feeling happiness with a fluffy cat? Sign me up!

James noticed Cassie talking to another new arrival, and moved over to join their conversation. "Hello there", he said warmly, brushing a loose strand of hair off his forehead. "Seems we can't go long without new arrivals." he smiled, "I'm James Freeman. Feel free if you want to chat, I've always got an open ear."

@AonEne @Emi

Also, is anyone getting a whole "Stand Users are drawn to each other" vibe here? 

5 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James noticed Cassie talking to another new arrival, and moved over to join their conversation. "Hello there", he said warmly, brushing a loose strand of hair off his forehead. "Seems we can't go long without new arrivals." he smiled, "I'm James Freeman. Feel free if you want to chat, I've always got an open ear."

"Hi James" Sara replied in the friendly manner. She looked on the cat in his hands."aawwww, he is soooo cute! What's his name?" She started to pet him and in anwser the cat purred. "Did you meant this monster in garage? He... arrived to you, guys?!

Edited by Emi

10 hours ago, Emi said:

"Hi James" Sara replied in the friendly manner. She looked on the cat in his hands."aawwww, he is soooo cute! What's his name?" She started to pet him and in anwser the cat purred. "Did you meant this monster in garage? He... arrived to you, guys?!

Um, not to burst your bubble, but James doesn't have a cat in his hands.

I am mildly worried about the cat possibly getting mad at him for closing the door on it, animals don’t like that 

Cassie looked up and grinned. “Hey James.” 

On 8.5.2020 at 6:54 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Sheln blinked. That's... all? 

"In Colorado." he said slowly.  "But your people already know that- they've tried to attack us there before."

There was a hint of confusion on the Voidbringer's face, possibly caused by Everest ending the interrogation so quickly. It was a gamble, but by this point, he found it hard to bring himself to care. He wanted out. He wanted to escape that room, to escape the Voidbringer's gaze, taunting him with the knowledge it held.

He stood up with agonising slowness, walking back towards the door and addressing Ben and Shana. "I think we're done here, unless there's something you want to add?" Please let there be nothing, please let there be nothing. 

@Sorana @Lunamor

On 9.5.2020 at 11:23 PM, The_Archivist said:

He stood up with agonising slowness, walking back towards the door and addressing Ben and Shana. "I think we're done here, unless there's something you want to add?" Please let there be nothing, please let there be nothing. 

Shana gently shook her head. "I can take it from here." she said quietly to Everest, noticed how distressed he seemed to be. It was strange, the difference so easily visible compared to his former, calm self, to the way he professionally handeled the interrogation. Although maybe it was "I don't know what else to ask either." She looked back at the Voidbringer. "You can simply head back to the house and I will follow in a minute."

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Shana gently shook her head. "I can take it from here." she said quietly to Everest, noticed how distressed he seemed to be. It was strange, the difference so easily visible compared to his former, calm self, to the way he professionally handeled the interrogation. Although maybe it was "I don't know what else to ask either." She looked back at the Voidbringer. "You can simply head back to the house and I will follow in a minute."

"No, it's okay, I'll stay here, just in case he decides to pull something last minute." And if he does decide to tell you, he added to himself, I'd rather not have it come as a surprise.

22 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

"No, it's okay, I'll stay here, just in case he decides to pull something last minute." And if he does decide to tell you, he added to himself, I'd rather not have it come as a surprise.

Shana nodded and turned around and shifted her weapon to her left hand. She watched the Voidbringer sitting there, restrained on the stool, eyes gleaming with hate. It would be easy, so incredibly easy to get rid of him. Walk over, place a hand on his flesh and rip him apart. Easy. He wouldn't be a threat anymore, he wouldn't fight them anymore, he would tell nobody where they lived.

But they already knew. They knew about the house and those that were here. He didn't deserve to live, he had proven them that much, but to take that step, to slaughter a restrained prisoner. She wouldn't do it. Let him come at her, let him return with a weapon in his hand and fight her, then she would gladly use her weapon to slice him apart. But not like this. Not even a creature like him deserved to be butchered like a pig. She sighed, a deep, heartfelt sigh, when she walked over, opened the door leading to the outside, away from the house, away from anybody standing around and waiting. Then she switly cut through his bonds.

"Go." She told him calmly, used her weapon to point at the door, her weight at her balls. She would watch him go, would make sure he was gone. And if he attacked - then it had been his decision to start a fight. If he attacked, she would fight, and she would try to kill. But for now, she couldn't quite hope that he would accept this gesture of peace, that he would go and leave them alone. And even if he didn't - at least she had tried. This was about her path, her way, as much as it was about him.

@xinoehp512

Edited by Sorana

On 5/9/2020 at 0:43 PM, AonEne said:

Cassie looked up and grinned. “Hey James.” 

James smiled back "Hey Cass. How's it going?" He looked at his feet and fidgeted slightly. "Particularly with-ahem- the boon?" He looked back up at her and smiled weakly.

No need to tiptoe around the line like that! The Nightwatcher said, and James could practically see the indignant expression he knew graced her face at the moment. James placed a hand on Cassie's shoulder, "If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here" he said.

@AonEne

4 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James placed a hand on Cassie's shoulder, "If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here" he said. 

“Thanks,” she said quickly, glancing at Sara, then down at her hands. “Things are - about the same, I guess. I don’t know, this is new territory for everyone. I’ve been thinking maybe if I looked through some of the old books Doc has...we know people have bonded the Nightwatcher in the past, so surely someone else’s done the boon thing too, and maybe there’s some way to reverse it?” She looked up at him hopefully. 

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

“Thanks,” she said quickly, glancing at Sara, then down at her hands. “Things are - about the same, I guess. I don’t know, this is new territory for everyone. I’ve been thinking maybe if I looked through some of the old books Doc has...we know people have bonded the Nightwatcher in the past, so surely someone else’s done the boon thing too, and maybe there’s some way to reverse it?” She looked up at him hopefully. 

"I could try talking to her." James sighed, "But I doubt we'd get much farther than we already have." he noted, "She's quite angry at you, you know, and for all her godlike powers, she can be quite petty." James walked over to a couch and sat down. "But of course, we do still have hope. Doc's got plenty of knowledge, and maybe he knows a bit about this."

@AonEne

14 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"I could try talking to her." James sighed, "But I doubt we'd get much farther than we already have." he noted, "She's quite angry at you, you know, and for all her godlike powers, she can be quite petty." James walked over to a couch and sat down. "But of course, we do still have hope. Doc's got plenty of knowledge, and maybe he knows a bit about this."

@AonEne

You don’t need to both quote and ping me ;) 

Of course she’s angry. I used her power to kill my spren. Cassie bit back the words and nodded. “I hope so. How have you been doing?”