AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shana returned to keeping quiet, her eyes never quite leaving the Voidbringer. She admired Everet's way, how he remained silent despite the enfuriating way the Voidbringer spoke to them. It was playing with them, just like a cat might toy with a mouse before eating it. She forced herself to keep her body calm and relaxed, her stance ready to move. Tense muscles helped nobody, they would only hinder her if she needed to move quickly. Ready muscles yes, but holding her staff at a tight grip would only make things worse.

She found herself smiling at the Voidbringer, pictured herself slamming a blade through its stomach, ripping its throat open, her anger and restlessness burning white hot inside of her. This would be over soon - one way or the other. Either he talked or she would end this. They could always capture another one to be questioned, if this one proved - difficult.

"And tell us about your parents." she impulsively added another question, realizing too late that she had interrupted again. Oh well, now it was too late anyways.

@The_Archivist

@xinoehp512

1 hour ago, The_Archivist said:

Did you figure out the Voidbringer's motives?

we figured out a way how to go on - but we didn't decide on details. More that we don't have a huge reason behind the Knight Radiants or those using Allomancy, and therefore didn't decide on a huge reason behind the Voidbringers. They exist and they are individuals, with individual reasons to do what they do. Just like the Radiants have individual reasons to fight, or not to fight.

2 hours ago, The_Archivist said:

Everest wanted to sigh. He agreed with the sentiment, but this was not strenthening their position.

"What are your, as in the enlightened's, plans?" And if that wasn't clear enough for you, then so help me, I will finally snap and kill you.

@xinoehp512 @Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Shana returned to keeping quiet, her eyes never quite leaving the Voidbringer. She admired Everet's way, how he remained silent despite the enfuriating way the Voidbringer spoke to them. It was playing with them, just like a cat might toy with a mouse before eating it. She forced herself to keep her body calm and relaxed, her stance ready to move. Tense muscles helped nobody, they would only hinder her if she needed to move quickly. Ready muscles yes, but holding her staff at a tight grip would only make things worse.

She found herself smiling at the Voidbringer, pictured herself slamming a blade through its stomach, ripping its throat open, her anger and restlessness burning white hot inside of her. This would be over soon - one way or the other. Either he talked or she would end this. They could always capture another one to be questioned, if this one proved - difficult.

"And tell us about your parents." she impulsively added another question, realizing too late that she had interrupted again. Oh well, now it was too late anyways.

@The_Archivist

@xinoehp512

"Our plan?" said Sheln. "To not get destroyed, of course. Although killing you would be a nice bonus." His blue eyes glinted with contempt. "Goodness knows you've killed enough of us." He smiled viciously. "Although you certainly didn't get my parents without a fight."

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Our plan?" said Sheln. "To not get destroyed, of course. Although killing you would be a nice bonus." His blue eyes glinted with contempt. "Goodness knows you've killed enough of us." He smiled viciously. "Although you certainly didn't get my parents without a fight."

Calm spread over her at his words. Her stance remained ready, but she hadn't fight anymore to keep it relaxed. As easily as that, he had revoked all rights to live in her eyes. "I don't know if you realized," she said, her voice calm, but cold. Weird. She couldn't remember when she had been like that the last time. She felt oddly distached from her own body her own thoughts. There was nothing but calm and determination.

"But when you attacked us yesterday, we were in the middle of a wedding celebration. And you simply stormed in there, weapons ready and started to fight. We didn't provoke you, we didn't even think of you. Because we were celebrating, that two of us had found love and decided to spend their lives together." She felt herself reach out for stormlight, tempting, waiting for her at her fingertips.

"When I moved into this house years ago, things were calmer, quieter. We could live for weeks, partially months without seeing any sign of a threat. But it changed. At the moment, you guys attack us nearly daily." And she had felt bad about fighting, about killing them. Because they were human. "I don't care who you pray to." she said loudly, "I don't care if it's a spaghetti monster or god, I don't care who you love, who you decide to marry -"

Her eyes focused on his, her voice still cold and calm. Add odd image about the center of a flame entered her mind. The invidisble, calm part that burnt the hottest. "But I do care, if you aim for nothing but destroying someone else. If you wanted to live, to survive, I would strongly advise to stop attacking children in wheelchairs, doing nothing but visiting a park. Were you present, when we had to rush there, to help our friend fight you off, because he was ambushed?"

She didn't wait for a reply instead simply continued. "I can't remember a single time, when one of us living in this house landed the first blow, when we decided to head out and go to you, to launch an attack. Because we didn't do it. We were kidnapped," her voice shuddered at the word, "ambushed, attacked, spied upon, but we never, never ever attacked you first."

Loosening her shoulders she gave a slight shrug. "If your plan is to survive, then I strongly suggest you change your methods, because at the moment you are like these birds wandering up to a cliff and jumping down to their death."

@xinoehp512 @Lunamor @The_Archivist

Edited by Sorana

Just now, Emi said:

Hey, no pressure, but what I should do now here? :blink:

Well, we've got Leona in the kitchen, doing homework. Then we've got Ene's character Cassie who's talking to your character (unless that changed while I was asleep).

If you want to, you could also somehow find your way to the garage, where Shana, Ben and Everest try to get some information out of a Voidbringer (which is what my post was set).

All others are a little more inactive at the moment.

What you should do: it depends on what you want to. This rp is pretty vague in a way, that you can do, what you want to. If you want to write a little more arriving there and all that, you could go on talking to Cassie, or go to Leona (plus: Leona has cake, awesome cake). If you want to hop in on our plot, come up with a reason why you go to the garage.

Regarding our plot: our large overarching plot is on the one side fighting against the Voidbringers, but a large and central element is to find out about other types of investiture and to learn about them. We don't have someone leading it all along, so either someone had an idea, or we had a poll (like would you like to write a school day). And then we just go from there and see where it leads us.

I know that sounds pretty vague, but maybe you can picture like a huge house with everybody living there together. And that leads to so many little scenes. Characters meeting each other, characters getting to know each other, some spill crumbs all over the sofa and don't clean up - and in between we sometimes have a fight, or a dangerous situation.

Does that help a little bit?

Sara walked into house, invited by girl, who described herself as Cassie. She stared at a garage, from where where the raised voices were coming from. She knew, that opening the door would be ultimate overlap, although she did similar things before. She fought about it for a while, but soon she rejected the idea. She didn't want to strain the dignity of these people, so she only asked: "What is going there?", hoping, that this will be a good question

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

42 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Calm spread over her at his words. Her stance remained ready, but she hadn't fight anymore to keep it relaxed. As easily as that, he had revoked all rights to live in her eyes. "I don't know if you realized," she said, her voice calm, but cold. Weird. She couldn't remember when she had been like that the last time. She felt oddly distached from her own body her own thoughts. There was nothing but calm and determination.

"But when you attacked us yesterday, we were in the middle of a wedding celebration. And you simply stormed in there, weapons ready and started to fight. We didn't provoke you, we didn't even think of you. Because we were celebrating, that two of us had found love and decided to spend their lives together." She felt herself reach out for stormlight, tempting, waiting for her at her fingertips.

"When I moved into this house years ago, things were calmer, quieter. We could live for weeks, partially months without seeing any sign of a threat. But it changed. At the moment, you guys attack us nearly daily." And she had felt bad about fighting, about killing them. Because they were human. "I don't care who you pray to." she said loudly, "I don't care if it's a spaghetti monster or god, I don't care who you love, who you decide to marry -"

Her eyes focused on his, her voice still cold and calm. Add odd image about the center of a flame entered her mind. The invidisble, calm part that burnt the hottest. "But I do care, if you aim for nothing but destroying someone else. If you wanted to live, to survive, I would strongly advise to stop attacking children in wheelchairs, doing nothing but visiting a park. Were you present, when we had to rush there, to help our friend fight you off, because he was ambushed?"

She didn't wait for a reply instead simply continued. "I can't remember a single time, when one of us living in this house landed the first blow, when we decided to head out and go to you, to launch an attack. Because we didn't do it. We were kidnapped," her voice shuddered at the word, "ambushed, attacked, spied upon, but we never, never ever attacked you first."

Loosening her shoulders she gave a slight shrug. "If your plan is to survive, then I strongly suggest you change your methods, because at the moment you are like these birds wandering up to a cliff and jumping down to their death."

He felt an absurd urge to laugh. They only wanted to survive? That was like stabbing a random person in the street and calling it self defense. Besides, if they wanted to survive, they shouldn't have gone after his family. They had lost all rights to life in his eyes once they did that.

A small part of his mind registered that Shana was saying something similar to his thoughts, and that it was worrying how calm she suddenly was. But that part was largely unnoticed by the rest of him. He was too preoccupied by the Voidbringer's hipocrisy to notice anything else.

His lip curled into a snarl. "I'll ask you one last time, Voidbringer. What. Are. Your. Plans. And you better answer truly this time, because up until now, we've been doing it their way," his head made a small gesture towards Shana and Ben. "You wouldn't like it if we resorted to my way." He knew it was a bluff, he would never risk it, but maybe the Voidbringer wouldn't.

30 minutes ago, Emi said:

Sara walked into house, invited by girl, who described herself as Cassie. She stared at a garage, from where where the raised voices were coming from. She knew, that opening the door would be ultimate overlap, although she did similar things before. She fought about it for a while, but soon she rejected the idea. She didn't want to strain the dignity of these people, so she only asked: "What is going there?", hoping, that this will be a good question

Shana turned her head at the new voice and suppressed a groan. Where did all the new people come from? They hadn't set out an announce telling everybody to drop by. Not that she minded, but this was about the worst possible moment. And yet, even this annoyance didn't manage to penetrate her calm.

"Hello." She greeted her, moved a little, to make sure Sheln didn't get a direct line of attack on her. "He and those like him tried to kill us yesterday." she summed the situation up, her eyes immediatly moving back to the Voidbringer. "We are trying to find out why."

"Better stay a little back, despite the restraints he is still dangerous."

==============

13 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

"You wouldn't like it if we resorted to my way."

that might actually be true. Shana would simply try to burn him to pile of ash :P

Edited by Sorana

I think they left the door open when they went in, actually :) 

“That’s a Voidbringer,” Cassie answered after shutting the front door behind the girl. “They’re the ones who would have attacked you, if anyone did.” She glanced from Shana and the other two to the newest arrival. “Um, hey, do you want to go sit down? Or we could join them, but that’s not the safest option.” 

@Emi 

"Hmm... I would like to rather sit down. I need to rest for a while. It's too much information, however I'm intrigued. It looks as I'm not the only one crazy here." She replied with great smile, but it was strained. She didn't undestand here much, but she had a feeling that from now on everything will be dangerous

8 minutes ago, Emi said:

"Hmm... I would like to rather sit down. I need to rest for a while. It's too much information, however I'm intrigued. It looks as I'm not the only one crazy here." She replied with great smile, but it was strained. She didn't undestand here much, but she had a feeling that from now on everything will be dangerous

“Yep, everyone’s a little crazy.” Cassie laughed quietly, then shook her head and started to walk into a living room. “Resting is definitely fine. Do you have somewhere you can stay? We can give you a room if you want one.” 

"Getting a room would be fine" Sara was confused. She almoust forgot how is this feeling to be accepted, not named crazy. She blinked two times to remind what she was about to say. Than, she added, quiter:"I just need to come back into my house, because my parents will be worried. I have sick father, so he shouldn't be pained"

Edited by Emi

9 minutes ago, Emi said:

"Getting a room would be fine" Sara was confused. She almoust forgot how is this feeling to be accepted, not named crazy. She blinked two times to remind what she was about to say. Than, she added, quiter:"I just need to come back into my house, because my parents will be worried. I have sick father, so he shouldn't be pained"

Cassie nodded. “You can leave whenever you want to go back home. I didn’t mean to offend you, I’ve just known a lot of people who come through here without anywhere else to go.” She explained where the rooms were, then sat down on a couch and gestured for her to sit if she wanted. “May I know your name?” 

Edited by AonEne

34 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Cassie nodded. “You can leave whenever you want to go back home. I didn’t mean to offend you, I’ve just known a lot of people who come through here without anywhere else to go.” She explained where the rooms were, then sat down on a couch and gestured for her to sit if she wanted. “May I know your name?” 

"I know" Sara stated "I didn't wanted to take the offended tone, I'm happy for a room. I explained my parents, that I can be on a sleepover with my friend. It was for please my parents, even now they have too many problems. I don't want to be additional encumbrance

This word is from google translate, so I'm not sure if it has wright context

Edited by Emi
wrote context with ks

9 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sheln laughed. "Oh, I'm sure you'd love for us to just sit quietly and not resist while your older counterparts slaughter us all. But I'm afraid that none of our leaders are that stupid."

8 hours ago, The_Archivist said:

He felt an absurd urge to laugh. They only wanted to survive? That was like stabbing a random person in the street and calling it self defense. Besides, if they wanted to survive, they shouldn't have gone after his family. They had lost all rights to life in his eyes once they did that.

A small part of his mind registered that Shana was saying something similar to his thoughts, and that it was worrying how calm she suddenly was. But that part was largely unnoticed by the rest of him. He was too preoccupied by the Voidbringer's hipocrisy to notice anything else.

His lip curled into a snarl. "I'll ask you one last time, Voidbringer. What. Are. Your. Plans. And you better answer truly this time, because up until now, we've been doing it their way," his head made a small gesture towards Shana and Ben. "You wouldn't like it if we resorted to my way." He knew it was a bluff, he would never risk it, but maybe the Voidbringer wouldn't.

Sheln shrugged. "We have a few raids planned in Colorado," he offered. "Near our base. Not sure how that helps you, but whatever."

8 hours ago, Emi said:

"What's that!?" Sara shrieked when stranger opened garage door. "It lookes scary!"

Everest suddenly noticed that there was another person in the garage. When did that happen? He really should pay more attention to his surroundings. It didn't matter though, she was already going.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Sheln laughed. "Oh, I'm sure you'd love for us to just sit quietly and not resist while your older counterparts slaughter us all. But I'm afraid that none of our leaders are that stupid."

Sheln shrugged. "We have a few raids planned in Colorado," he offered. "Near our base. Not sure how that helps you, but whatever."

He almost smiled. The Voidbringer revealed far more than he thought. Everest had wondered for a long time where their base was, and now he knew.

"Speaking of your leaders, who are they?" Everest didn't actually care that much, but he might slip and give away something else.

Fadran lies on the bed, looking up towards the ceiling. "I don't believe it, Ave'. There are more people like me!"

There are also dangerous monsters you have to kill, now. Avelyn replies. And you still have to go to school.

Fadran bolts upright, turning towards Avelyn. "What?"

That one person. Avelyn says in her 'duh' voice. Leona. She's doing homework right now. Looks like you still have school to do.

"Oh come on!" Fadran flops back down onto the bed. "I can't even avoid school by getting magical powers and fighting voidstingers? That's lame. This education system is crap."

Edwin stared at the pile of dirty clothes that had accumulated in his room. There were muddy clothes, ripped clothes, bloody clothes, this had piled up in barely a couple days. There had been so many situations it was kinda hard to believe.

He took them to the laundry room and hoped the blood stains would wash off. Just another of the perks of being a Radiant.

It's probably obvious but I couldn't think of anything to write about. You know that feeling when you stop coming here for a couple days because things are a bit slow, and suddenly there are two new pages?

Also, welcome, Emi!

7 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

You know that feeling when you stop coming here for a couple days because things are a bit slow, and suddenly there are two new pages?

Also, welcome, Emi!

Hello!:P

Yep, I know this feeling. I felt probably similar when I was joining here. Now it's a little bit better.

Edited by Emi

On 5/6/2020 at 4:02 AM, Emi said:

"I know" Sara stated "I didn't wanted to take the offended tone, I'm happy for a room. I explained my parents, that I can be on a sleepover with my friend. It was for please my parents, even now they have too many problems. I don't want to be additional encumbrance 

The word works, though most people wouldn’t use it in conversation, since it’s a bit unwieldy. Most people speaking casually would probably say “I don’t want to be a bother” or “I don’t want to give them even more to deal with” or something along those lines. 

Is she going to tell Cassie her name? 

And yesss, Eluvianii, I know exactly what you’re talking about. 

13 minutes ago, AonEne said:

The word works, though most people wouldn’t use it in conversation, since it’s a bit unwieldy.

Ok. Just in polish we use word obciążenie (I'm not really able to write how it's pronunced), which means according to translate, the same think, what encumbrance

"Hey", Argoh said. "I don't want to disturb you, while exploring this new world, but you forgot about something". "What again?" Sara replied openly. She felt surprisingly free in the company of theese new people, even though, she didn't new them at all. "I'm not sure how important for, you people are names, but you haven't tell then yours. Are they your enemies?" Sara stopped in the doorway and opened her eyes widely. Then she turned to Cassie with weird facial expression. "Oh no, everything happened so fast, that I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Sara."

2 hours ago, Emi said:

"Oh no, everything happened so fast, that I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Sara."

Cassie grinned as the girl spoke to thin air. She was probably talking to her spren - every Radiant got used to seeing people talk to themselves pretty quickly, since not all spren could or would show themselves to others. You'll never see the ones that do show themselves, either, a voice whispered in her heart. Not since you killed Joy. She tried not to frown, and managed to rearrange her face before Sara turned back around and introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you," she said with a nod. "Do you know what order of Knight Radiant you are?"