AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Sheln raised his eyebrow slightly. Quite upset, isn't he? he thought to himself.

Out loud, he replied to the boy's question. "Where do you want me to start?" he asked, injecting a slight hint of amusement into his tone.

"Just start at the beginning!" Shana rolled her eyes at this attempt to buy time. "It can't be that hard? Just tell us what you know and be done with it."

She shot an apologetic look at Everest when she realized that she had intruded in his interrogation after all. But it was just so annoying, so nervewrecking to listen to this Voidbringer, to see him smile and make fun of them. Annoying and incredibly dangerous. If it continued like that, she might loose her temper after all. Taking a deep breath she calmed herself, pictured a flame burning happily without any wind stiring it, without too much food making it grow higher and higher, stronger and faster.

"This can be over soon if you cooperate." she added, although she had no real idea what they would do, when it was over. Kill him probably, as they had killed them all so far. There wasn't anything else they could do - except. Her eyes remained on him when a throught struck her again. Maybe there was a cure, a way to solve this without fighting and killing. And maybe they had found somebody who knew how to do it.

@The_Archivist

==============

Welcome Emi! I hope you'll have a great time here!

Edited by Sorana

Hi, @Emi! Here's a tip- click the button that looks like a double quote to create a blank quote box such as this one.

2 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Just start at the beginning!" Shana rolled her eyes at this attempt to buy time. "It can't be that hard? Just tell us what you know and be done with it."

She shot an apologetic look at Everest when she realized that she had intruded in his interrogation after all. But it was just so annoying, so nervewrecking to listen to this Voidbringer, to see him smile and make fun of them. Annoying and incredibly dangerous. If it continued like that, she might loose her temper after all. Taking a deep breath she calmed herself, pictured a flame burning happily without any wind stiring it, without too much food making it grow higher and higher, stronger and faster.

"This can be over soon if you cooperate." she added, although she had no real idea what they would do, when it was over. Kill him probably, as they had killed them all so far. There wasn't anything else they could do - except. Her eyes remained on him when a throught struck her again. Maybe there was a cure, a way to solve this without fighting and killing. And maybe they had found somebody who knew how to do it.

@The_Archivist

==============

It is at this point that Sheln would give an explanation of the original purpose of the Voidbringers. However, we have yet to decide on what that purpose is... so I'm sort of in a bind.

22 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

It is at this point that Sheln would give an explanation of the original purpose of the Voidbringers. However, we have yet to decide on what that purpose is... so I'm sort of in a bind.

Do you have a preference/ ideas how to go on wihtout stalling the whole rp for a longer time? Do you have something in mind regarding their original purpose, if such a purpose exists?

@AonEne

I know what want their original motivations to be. But there was discussion regarding the issue that was never fully resolved, so my hands are tied. Unless whoever it was that challenged my idea either rescinds their disapproval or agrees on a compromise, I can't treat it as canon and therefore can't include it in my writing.

There are other ways around this- it's because Shana asked Sheln to start from the beginning that he's going to start by talking about the start of the feud between the Radiants and Voidbringers; change that wording and things could progress differently. However, Sheln's sure to bring it up at some point, if only to use as ammunition against Everest, so we might as well talk about it in parallel.

8 hours ago, Emi said:

I don't want to be annoing, because of being new

You’re never annoying, asking questions is always fine ^_^ You could introduce your character by having her knock on the door. (By the way, can I have her updated character sheet?) 

Since the poll is still undecided, I’m taking the top four options and putting them back in, this time with only one that can be voted on. 

Sorana and Xino, so as not to interrupt the RP with lots of OOC discussion, do you want to figure this out on Discord for ease of conversation? 

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

You’re never annoying, asking questions is always fine ^_^ 

^_^

You could introduce your character by having her knock on the door.

Ok I'll try

Sara started knocking to the door. Her head was filled by doubts. What if she was tricked and now, was knocking to wrong door ?The bad feeling couldn't leave her head. She always was seen as a person, who always is doing things hastily. Yep, now she was near to agree with that, especially, that nobody was opening the door.heard She knoked one more time, louder, so there was no possibility that people here, whoever they were, won't react.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

By the way, can I have her updated character sheet?

Sure! :P

44 minutes ago, Emi said:

She knoked one more time, louder, so there was no possibility that people here, whoever they were, won't react. 

Cassie heard the door and muttered a curse, hurrying to wring her hair out a little more with a towel. By the time she was dressed and jogging downstairs, the knocking was louder. She opened the door and smiled at the girl. “Hey, can I help you?” 

"Oh, hi". Sara was litle nervous although, she thried to not show it up. However, when the door opened her insecurity has diminished. A girl stood there. She was young, although Sara could not fully assess her age. The stranger was really short, reaching Sara's chin. She was smiling radiantly,so  in response Sara smiled too

After the older one aked Sara a question, Sara replied doubtfully: "I met a guy on the street and he told me that I should come here. I know, that it's strange, but that's the truth"

It wasn't the truth. Really Argoh told her about them, but she shouldn't tell about him. " So, this guy told me that I should tell you about some Radiant" Sara continued "and you will know, what it is"

I'm not sure how to make dialogues, here, we have - except of "

4 minutes ago, Emi said:

I'm not sure how to make dialogues, here, we have - except of "

Your dialogues look perfectly fine, don't worry about it!

And I have to admit I have never heard of - being used instead of ", that's fascinating.

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Your dialogues look perfectly fine, don't worry about it!

Thanks! :D I've read some books in english, but I just wanted to make sure

1 hour ago, Emi said:

" So, this guy told me that I should tell you about some Radiant" Sara continued "and you will know, what it is"

“Don’t worry about it sounding strange, people do try to spread the word to newbies,” Cassie promised, moving out of the doorway to allow the girl in. “We get new people here fairly often. I’m Cassie - one of the Radiants that man mentioned. Have you seen anything weird recently, or done something that didn’t make sense, or been attacked?” 

Edited by AonEne

1 hour ago, Emi said:

Thanks! :D I've read some books in english, but I just wanted to make sure

I know about that feeling, and it's great you asked. Sometimes I feel as if a word belongs somewhere, but then I start questioning myself and in the end change the whole sentence, because it feels awkward to ask "can I use that, or does it change the meaning I try to convey" :rolleyes:

Edited by Sorana

You can PM it to me if you ever want to ask ^_^ I won’t judge. (Really, I have no idea how you guys are smart enough to remember multiple languages. It boggles my mind that there are people out there who can do this. You’re amazing, both of you) 

48 minutes ago, AonEne said:

You can PM it to me if you ever want to ask ^_^ I won’t judge.

What is PM?:blink:

48 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Really, I have no idea how you guys are smart enough to remember multiple languages. It boggles my mind that there are people out there who can do this. You’re amazing, both of you

Thank you!:P

I've attended to English preschool and now I'm in Warsaw Bilingual school.
Because you are from america, you don't need to know any language so good. If I were you I also wouldn't put emhasis on any language. It's not nessesary, if everybody knows your language ;)

And Google translate also helps (sometimes)

Edited by Emi

16 minutes ago, Emi said:

What is PM? 

It's not nessesary, if everybody knows your language ;) 

Personal Message, it’s just the private messages. 

That is true. :P 

38 minutes ago, Emi said:

I've attended to English preschool and now I'm in Warsaw Bilingual school.
Because you are from america, you don't need to know any language so good. If I were you I also wouldn't put emhasis on any language. It's not nessesary, if everybody knows your language ;)

Someone else living in my timezone! Warsaw is such a beautiful city, I've only been there once and not for a long while, but I remember how impressed I was.

Warsaw is such a beautiful city, I've only been there once and not for a long while, but I remember how impressed I was.

Thanks! Though, I think, that Krakow is much better;)

Edited by Emi
I tried to changed this and my language changed into Polish

37 minutes ago, Emi said:

Thank you!:P Though, I think that Krakow is much nicer :D

Haven't been there yet, but it's on my list of places to visit.

And sorry if it appears to be nitpicking, but please try to avoid double posting, it's nothing the mods like to see. No need to worry about it now, but just keep it in mind for the future. If you want to quote several different things, you can place the boxes beneath each other in your post.

On 5/4/2020 at 10:17 AM, Sorana said:

@The_Archivist

==============

"I'm willing to cooperate," said Sheln, shrugging, "but if you want specific answers, you'll need to ask specific questions."

On 4.5.2020 at 5:17 PM, Sorana said:

Everest wanted to sigh. He agreed with the sentiment, but this was not strenthening their position.

45 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I'm willing to cooperate," said Sheln, shrugging, "but if you want specific answers, you'll need to ask specific questions."

"What are your, as in the enlightened's, plans?" And if that wasn't clear enough for you, then so help me, I will finally snap and kill you.

Did you figure out the Voidbringer's motives?

@xinoehp512 @Sorana

Edited by The_Archivist