AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it alright if I retcon things and have it so that Ben never saw the text in the group chat so he can just head home instead?

Also I agree on the no one knowing what gender the cat is. And it needs to like nose boops.

Edited by Lunamor

12 hours ago, The_Archivist said:

Everest smiled, "Thanks! That would be great!" He went upstairs to pick a room, noticing the dragon was gone. Or maybe it wasn't, and just turned itself invisible, unseen yet seeing, able to spy on him, watching him while he slept... He shivered at the thought.

Shana smiled widely at him and followed him upstairs.

"So here," she pointed at the room in the corner, "is the one overlooking the pool." she opened the door. "I would take it, because," walking over to the window she opened it and pointed outside. "if you are good at jumping I am sure you can hop into the pool from up here." Turning around to him, she gave a slight shrug. "But my room is special as well, and I won't give it up for anything in the world." She gave him a slight wink. "I've got a tree in front of my window, so I can climb outside, when I want to."

Heading back out of the room, she gestured along the hallway, pointing at several other doors. "They are all free as well, you can simply take a look. Most of them are the same shape and size, and we have several bathrooms we share, but there are enough, you rarely have to wait."

She walked over to one of the bathrooms and opened the door. "That's one of them. Just clean up after yourself and you're set. Oh and that room is mine." she gestured to another door, also leading to a room set in a corner. It's door was covered by several animals that had been carefully burnt into the wood. "Like I said, my spren loves to paint and to decorate everything."

==================

No problem for me!

Or you could state, that Ben just came home with us, as you prefer. It's great that you want to be more active again!

@Lunamor

Thanks! I'll have Ben return home slightly after your group, then. (Also Mahad's animal carvings are cute!) (Also also I kinda want to name the cat Bill and have people call him William when he gets in trouble)

Ben wandered through the door and was a bit startled to find several people standing with bloody clothing in the middle of the room. With the way things had been going recently, though, he wasn't all that shocked. He quickly walked a circle around the room, inspecting for any signs of injury or tramua. No rips in clothing, visible punctures, or obvious limps were detected so he decided that he wouldn't ask people if they needed healing. Nothing seemed urgent, and people usually came to him if they needed help.

At the same time he noticed drips of blood leading upstairs and the cat. He was quite tempted to pet the cat, but a trail of blood meant that someone had a still bleeding wound. He would have to check it out as quickly as possible, as he had no way of knowing its severity and the affects of healing would be less severe if little blood was lost. He would pet the cat as soon as possible, though.

He climbed up the stairs and made sure that Glint was on his shoulder, in case he needed someone to fetch extra stormlight. He noticed Shana and a newcomer inspecting a bathroom. She had some blood and a shallow rip on her arm, the likely source of the trail. She was probably giving him an orientation tour or something and seemed to be ok, so he decided to wait at the end of the hallway near the stairs. He struck up a quiet conversation with Glint, already coming up with names for the new kitty. 

@Sorana

@The_Archivist

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Shana smiled widely at him and followed him upstairs.

"So here," she pointed at the room in the corner, "is the one overlooking the pool." she opened the door. "I would take it, because," walking over to the window she opened it and pointed outside. "if you are good at jumping I am sure you can hop into the pool from up here." Turning around to him, she gave a slight shrug. "But my room is special as well, and I won't give it up for anything in the world." She gave him a slight wink. "I've got a tree in front of my window, so I can climb outside, when I want to."

Heading back out of the room, she gestured along the hallway, pointing at several other doors. "They are all free as well, you can simply take a look. Most of them are the same shape and size, and we have several bathrooms we share, but there are enough, you rarely have to wait."

She walked over to one of the bathrooms and opened the door. "That's one of them. Just clean up after yourself and you're set. Oh and that room is mine." she gestured to another door, also leading to a room set in a corner. It's door was covered by several animals that had been carefully burnt into the wood. "Like I said, my spren loves to paint and to decorate everything."

==================

@Lunamor

"The room above the pool sounds great." He grinned, "I mean, just imagine the splash size of a cannonball from up here!"

He shivered as she pointed out the pictures on her door. What if her spren decided to do that to a person?!

1 hour ago, Bookish Ocelot said:

"Believe me," Leona said to Fadran, "We haven't even scratched the surface of weird-sounding words."

"Hmm. I'll believe that."

So there are demon void creatures that we have to kill. Avelyn notes. And a myriad of other things to worry about. Where do we start with all this?

"So... when do I start... killing voidthingies?"

29 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hmm. I'll believe that."

So there are demon void creatures that we have to kill. Avelyn notes. And a myriad of other things to worry about. Where do we start with all this?

"So... when do I start... killing voidthingies?"

"Whenever they show up. Speaking of which - Doc? Have you seen the others?"

@Dr. Dapper

Shana nodded, smiling at him. "Just put your stuff in there, and the room is yours." Mahad rushed off and she turned her head, saw Ben wait for them. If he didn't need Glint, she probably wouldn't see him again until they finished playing.

"Did you already see the rest of the house?" She asked while turning around. "We also have a huge cellar with a training room, and then there's the living room -"

She trailed off, decided to wait for his answer. "And this," she gestured to Ben instead. "Is the best person in the world. He can heal you, he's a genious at maths and physics and he regularly stops me from getting into trouble." Grinning at Ben she blew him a kiss.

Lowering her voice she winked at him conspiratively. "Well, there isn't anybody here, who is not nice. I love them all dearly. But Ben is exceptional."

@The_Archivist

@Lunamor

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

She trailed off, decided to wait for his answer. "And this," she gestured to Ben instead. "Is the best person in the world. He can heal you, he's a genious at maths and physics and he regularly stops me from getting into trouble." Grinning at Ben she blew him a kiss.

@The_Archivist

@Lunamor

Ben blushed at the compliment and blew a kiss back, smiling.

@The_Archivist

@Sorana

On 21.4.2020 at 6:14 PM, Sorana said:

Shana nodded, smiling at him. "Just put your stuff in there, and the room is yours." Mahad rushed off and she turned her head, saw Ben wait for them. If he didn't need Glint, she probably wouldn't see him again until they finished playing.

"Did you already see the rest of the house?" She asked while turning around. "We also have a huge cellar with a training room, and then there's the living room -"

Lowering her voice she winked at him conspiratively. "Well, there isn't anybody here, who is not nice. I love them all dearly. But Ben is exceptional."

@The_Archivist

@Lunamor

"Just put your stuff in there, and the room is yours." Everest self conciously took off a small backpack containing some spare metalminds, a decade old cellphone he fixed up and two extra sets of clothing, and placed it inside the room.

Before he could tell Shana that no, he hadn't seen the rest of the house yet, she introduced another person who was standing by the staircase. "Healing people. That sounds useful." It also explains how they aren't dead by this point. "I probably won't be experiencing it firsthand though, since I can heal myself." He said, tapping his gold ring with his nail. It had been hard to get it, but it was completely worth it. "I'm Everest by the way."

@Lunamor @Sorana

Edited by The_Archivist

Ayalin watched as someone lead Everest away, an uncomfortable feeling in her chest. She knew, knew, that to be accepted and to belong or to even get noticed, you had to do something to stand out. She had just always hoped that one day she'd find a place she belonged, and that they would be the ones to actually do something about it.

Ayalin had thought that she'd found those people several times throughout the past several years, people with whom she belonged. Those instances had all faded away after a few weeks, leaving only a few lingering friendships, if that. 

The thought of getting close to these people only to have them all drift away was painful. She didn't know them, but that feeling hurt all the same. If she joined these people, she wanted them to invite her into their lives, the closest Aya could get to a guarantee that they wouldn't leave her. These people were like her, and she wasn't going to mess it up. Unless, of course, all they saw was a socially awkward girl with an overactive imagination. 

She didn't know what to do. She could leave, not risk the greater disappointment. Or she could try again.

Ayalin let out a small sigh as she stroked the purring cat. Would they think that she had just taken over their cat? She didn't know. She couldn't read these people. It was a source of comfort, however, so she decided not to push it off her lap. If they wanted it back, all they would need to do is ask. Or look at the cat for a long time.

She doubted that this time would be much different, but she could hope. Aya would wait and see what happened.

12 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Also I agree on the no one knowing what gender the cat is. 

At first I was joking, but now we have the poll tied, so um. This might be the reality, folks. :P 

If anyone who hasn’t already voted wants to vote, just say your preference in a comment, because I don’t know if we’ll get any more votes. I’m going to make a poll with all the name suggestions (it will also be multiple choice). 

12 hours ago, Tesh said:

Ayalin watched as someone lead Everest away, an uncomfortable feeling in her chest. She knew, knew, that to be accepted and to belong or to even get noticed, you had to do something to stand out. She had just always hoped that one day she'd find a place she belonged, and that they would be the ones to actually do something about it.

Did you ooc miss my post where Shana greeted her, welcomed her to the house? You kind of ignored her afterwards, and from the way you wrote Ayalin's next post I felt as if it was on purpose, but uhm... Shana tried at least? Don't get me wrong, I am fine with everything Ayalin does, I just don't want to exclude you ooc.

=======================

Shana walked over to Ben, happy that he was here. "There's also a new girl in the living room." She told him, "I greeted her, but she was a little reserved, so I decided to give her some room for herself to arrive." With a slight shrug she gestured to her blood stained cloths. "I figured, I don't look really trustworthy right now."

Turning her face towards Everest she added. "Okay, so should we finish the tour of the house first, and then maybe give you a quick rundown of our current situation? What we do and why we are here? It's totally up to you."

"And if you want to, maybe you could tell us a little about yourself, how you found us and things like that? I'a curious person, but it's up to you."

Her tone changed at the last words, turning serious and her grin vanished. "Most of us have some kind of troubled past, so you can tell us what you want to, and nobody will think less of you for leaving parts away."

@The_Archivist @Lunamor

Ben nodded at the information about the new girl. He was glad for the new arrivals, though a bit worried at what that meant. Spren liked to choose broken people, right? How many more people were becoming broken? He told himself that people had just been able to find them more easily, that the network of Radiants was growing, though he didn't really believe it. 

He took a closer look at Shana's arm wound. It didn't seem too bad, mostly just a surface wound. Something like that would sting, though. And was it from a bullet? He would have to ask her about what had happened later. He shot a questioning glance at her face and then back at her arm, silently asking if he could heal it. He didn't want to interrupt their conversation. Talking about the past was always hard for people that ended up at Doc's house.

@Sorana

@The_Archivist

50 minutes ago, Sorana said:

=======================

Shana walked over to Ben, happy that he was here. "There's also a new girl in the living room." She told him, "I greeted her, but she was a little reserved, so I decided to give her some room for herself to arrive." With a slight shrug she gestured to her blood stained cloths. "I figured, I don't look really trustworthy right now."

Turning her face towards Everest she added. "Okay, so should we finish the tour of the house first, and then maybe give you a quick rundown of our current situation? What we do and why we are here? It's totally up to you."

"And if you want to, maybe you could tell us a little about yourself, how you found us and things like that? I'a curious person, but it's up to you."

Her tone changed at the last words, turning serious and her grin vanished. "Most of us have some kind of troubled past, so you can tell us what you want to, and nobody will think less of you for leaving parts away."

@The_Archivist @Lunamor

He sighed, his smile disappearing. "Nothing out of the ordinary, I'm sure. Voidbringers ruined my life, I've been running away from them for a few months," slight misdirection there, as no one would say that about exactly half a year, "and I found this place using fortune."

His smile returned, "Learning more about you guys sounds like a good idea.  There's no need for a tour though, I can look around on my own." That way I won't give too much away if my theories are confirmed.

@Sorana @Lunamor

Quick question, Sheln is still in the garage, right?

16 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

Quick question, Sheln is still in the garage, right?

Yes, but please keep in mind, that he's a PC, and Xino hasn't been active here for a while.

I have to admit, I glossed over him being there a little, until Xino is active again, as I don't want to pressure him, nor do I want to godmod his character by writing an interaction without him.

=================

Shana nodded and then made a gesture downstairs. "We could sit down in the living room." She suggested. "That's a far more comfortable place to talk."

She took the first few steps, but waited to see if they would come along. "And you could maybe take care of my arm there?" She replied to Ben's unspoken question. She knew, that he hadn't spoken out of fear to disturb the conversation, although she failed to see why he would do that. Everest had greeted him after all. He wouldn't have done that, if he didn't want to speak with him.

"And there's probably some cake as well. Leona makes the best cake, and usually so much that we have something around all the time."

@The_Archivist @Lunamor

=================

Mahad wrapped himself around Ben's arm, tried to see Glint. "Do you want to play?" he asked the other spren, resting his head on Ben's forearm. "We could see if we can find some birds."

9 minutes ago, Sorana said:

=================

Shana nodded and then made a gesture downstairs. "We could sit down in the living room." She suggested. "That's a far more comfortable place to talk."

She took the first few steps, but waited to see if they would come along. "And you could maybe take care of my arm there?" She replied to Ben's unspoken question. She knew, that he hadn't spoken out of fear to disturb the conversation, although she failed to see why he would do that. Everest had greeted him after all. He wouldn't have done that, if he didn't want to speak with him.

"And there's probably some cake as well. Leona makes the best cake, and usually so much that we have something around all the time."

@The_Archivist @Lunamor

Everest started walking towards the stairs and realised with a start that Shana was injured. How had he not noticed that? He felt terrible.

However, he brightened considerably at the mention of cake, he loved cake! And another person who liked baking it was wonderful news. He kept walking down the stairs.

@Sorana @Lunamor

18 hours ago, Tesh said:

Ayalin let out a small sigh as she stroked the purring cat. Would they think that she had just taken over their cat? She didn't know. She couldn't read these people. It was a source of comfort, however, so she decided not to push it off her lap. If they wanted it back, all they would need to do is ask. Or look at the cat for a long time.

She doubted that this time would be much different, but she could hope. Aya would wait and see what happened.

Rob watched the cat walk away, and slowly started following it. If he was sneaky, maybe he could take it and pet before anyone noticed. But as he followed the cat as inconspicuously as he could, foreign thoughts pierced him. There’s a lot of new arrivals, nowadays, he thought. And the Voidbringers know where we live. What’s stopping them from sending in a few Voidbringer lightweavers, impersonating new kids and infiltrating us. Mighty convenient all these Radiants are able to locate our house.

Paranoia. Rob knew that. There were ways for word of the house to get to Radiants, and he knew that assuming some elaborate plot was overthinking it too much. Funny. It wasn’t very Rob-like to overthink things.

He continued following the cat, but his dream of sneaking it away for secret petting were slashed when the cat hopped in someone’s lap, a new person’s, funnily enough. It was a girl who seemed incredibly nervous, and as subtly as he could (which was, in fact, not very subtle at all), Rob sat next to her. Did he have to greet her, lead her around the house like Shana did? He was never good at that sort of stuff. He was here for the cat. But... maybe he could try, at least, try making the girl feel at least a little more comfortable in their new home.

“You look nervous,” Rob said, turning to her. He tried to make his voice sound as friendly as possible, but he was sure the blank face and monotone voice didn’t help. He gestured around the room. “They’re all friendly. So don’t worry about that.” He realised he didn’t introduce himself.

“I’m Rob.”

@Tesh

"Well! Sounds fun. Tell me when these 'others' get here. In the meanwhile... where's my room, or do I have to stay in the nearest two-star hotel?"

My apologies, he's always like this. Avelyn explains to Doc and Leona. Trying to get stuff out of people. He has a... weird philosophy.

"That," Fadran interjects, "and I'm not very liquid right now."

@Dr. Dapper, @Bookish Ocelot

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

7 hours ago, The_Archivist said:

Everest started walking towards the stairs and realised with a start that Shana was injured. How had he not noticed that? He felt terrible.

However, he brightened considerably at the mention of cake, he loved cake! And another person who liked baking it was wonderful news. He kept walking down the stairs.

@Sorana @Lunamor

Shana walked downstairs into the kitchen. She fetched cake for all of them, and then added a few more slices for everybody else who happened to be in the living room.

"This is obviously our kitchen." She told Everest and made a slight shrug. "Sometimes we cook together, that is usually a lot of fun. And edible as well, most of the time." She tried to pick up the plate with both hands and frowned when pain made her set it down quickly again. "I'm sorry. Could you maybe take it. We just got in this fight and that woman fired a gun pointed at me."

Annoyed by herself she bit on her lower lip, inhaling a little more stormlight to keep the pain at bay. It wasn't grave, she had been injured, really injured before, but it was exhausting. Every single battle ended with her injured, in need of help. It was wrong, so incredibly wrong. It was her place to protect to stand up for the others. She shouldn't bother them with her little aches here and there every now and then.

"Living room? And then we can talk more comfortably, I think."

@The_Archivist @Lunamor

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Feel free to pressure me whenever :P I want to minimize the amount I slow things down by, so prod me if you need me. I'm happy to do something with Sheln if you need it!

Alright! Because we really need to rp the whole interogation ;)

5 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

He continued following the cat, but his dream of sneaking it away for secret petting were slashed when the cat hopped in someone’s lap, a new person’s, funnily enough. It was a girl who seemed incredibly nervous, and as subtly as he could (which was, in fact, not very subtle at all), Rob sat next to her. Did he have to greet her, lead her around the house like Shana did? He was never good at that sort of stuff. He was here for the cat. But... maybe he could try, at least, try making the girl feel at least a little more comfortable in their new home.

“You look nervous,” Rob said, turning to her. He tried to make his voice sound as friendly as possible, but he was sure the blank face and monotone voice didn’t help. He gestured around the room. “They’re all friendly. So don’t worry about that.” He realised he didn’t introduce himself.

“I’m Rob.”

@Tesh

Ayalin stiffened as someone sat next to her, but when he began to speak, she forced herself to relax.

"You look nervous," he said. "They're all friendly. So don't worry about that. I'm Rob."

Ayalin gave a small smile. "That's... Not what I'm really worried about," she said quietly. "I'm Ayalin. Aya's fine, too." She shrugged. "It's just... People. I'm never quite sure what to do."

Ayalin turned from Rob, watching the people moving around. "It's so surreal," she whispered. "People like me. What we can do... It's magic, isn't it?"

She winced as soon as she said it. 

Don't mess this up, Aya said to herself. He's being nice to you. Don't scare him away.