AonEne

Doc smiled, his helm disappearing. "Actually I've been here the whole time." he shrugged, "Good to meet you too, Fadan. I'm James, but most people usually call me Doc. I'm a Bondsmith of the Fourth Ideal, hence the Plate." he said, "Which order are you from?"

~~~~

Jamie watched Cassie and the others appear in the middle of the living room. "Where'd you guys come from anyway? You're looking kind of beat up, what happened?" Instinctively she wondered if they'd been followed, but no, that was unlikely considering that they'd appeared in the living room. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Doc smiled, his helm disappearing. "Actually I've been here the whole time." he shrugged, "Good to meet you too, Fadan. I'm James, but most people usually call me Doc. I'm a Bondsmith of the Fourth Ideal, hence the Plate." he said, "Which order are you from?"

~~~~

"Uh... order?" Fadran frowns. "I can make stuff hard and change things' shapes."

Stoneward. Avelyn tells him. You're a Stoneward, idiot. How many times do I gotta tell you this?

"According to my personal nuisance, Avleyn, I'm a Stoneward." Fadran gestures to his stonespren. "How many Ideals are there?"

13 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Uh... order?" Fadran frowns. "I can make stuff hard and change things' shapes."

Stoneward. Avelyn tells him. You're a Stoneward, idiot. How many times do I gotta tell you this?

"According to my personal nuisance, Avleyn, I'm a Stoneward." Fadran gestures to his stonespren. "How many Ideals are there?"

"Five ideals, and ten orders," Leona said.

"Windrunners, Skybreakers, Dustbringers, Edgedancers, Truthwatchers, Lightweavers, Elsecallers, Willshapers, Stonewards and Bondsmiths." Doc said, "Ten orders, each bonding a different spren. Ten Surges, each order having two, with overlap between orders. Ten is kind of an important number." 

Edited by Dr. Dapper

1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Windrunners, Skybreakers, Dustbringers, Edgedancers, Truthwatchers, Lightweavers, Elsecallers, Willshapers, Stonewards and Bondsmiths." Doc said, "Ten orders, each bonding a different spren. Ten Surges, each order having two, with overlap between orders. Ten is kind of an important number." 

"Your order and Doc's order overlap. You share the surge of tension, I think. Or is it cohesion?"

Ayalin started, hand flying to her pocket for her coins and burning iron again. 

Then the people started saying hi, and her hand dropped limply back into her lap. Aya pushed herself up into the corner of the couch, tense, staying silent.

Was that blood?

How has they gotten into the room like that?

Her gaze darted nervously from one face to the next, and she wasn't feeling so excited anymore. All those new people all at once... They were all looking at Everest, yes, but it was only a matter of moments until one of them spoke to her.

"Oh right sorry," Shana moved her hand through her hair.

"I'm Shana. It's great to meet you Everest." She nodded at Jamie. "There were some voidbringers in the Neighbourhood. They looked for our new teacher, we got in an argument." A shadow crossed her face and she sighed before she noticed a girl  standing silently to the side. ( @Tesh)

"Welcome to you, to." She tried to be friendly, despite the way she looked. Feeling a little dizzy she reached out for the wall to support herself. "It's not always like this. I am really sorry that we greet you like this.

=============

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Gesundheit."

I didn't expect that at all :D

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

I didn't expect that at all :D 

Interesting, I didn’t realize that word was German! English cannibalizes so many other languages :P 

“Yep, we’re Radiants,” she said to Everest. 

The others were introducing themselves, should Edwin do that too? Oh well.

"I'm Edwin, welcome. I hope you like it here." Well, that was awkward.

The cat, yet to be named, maybe affected by the strange journey to the house, finally jumped out of the backpack and onto the floor, and started walking around as if it already knew the place. 

"Err, well, I'm sure there's lots of stuff to explain, but I don't want to stay another second in bloody clothes." he said, gesturing to himself, then started walking towards his room with a final wave of his hand to the newcomers. Was that rude? He hoped not. He would apologize later if necessary but right now he needed a shower.

Well, mission accomplished! It's in the house. Ideas for a name? It's yet to be determined if it's a boy or a girl.

Edited by Eluvianii

Call the cat Surge :P

Rob stayed silent as everyone made their introductions. Two new people. Everest and that other girl. Interactions like these were always odd. What did he say? Hi, I’m Robert, yo can call me Rob? No, too boring. Way too boring. But Rob wasn’t sure how else to introduce himself in a way that wasn’t boring, did he? He didn’t like these complex interactions, he liked simple things, happy things.

His eyes drifted to the cat strutting around the house.

“I’m Rob,” he finally decided on saying, waving his hand slightly. Maybe those was the only words needed.

Put up a poll for the gender, you can select both if you don’t care. Alternatively we could just have all our characters not be able to tell which it is, so they just use both sets of pronouns and sometimes switch it up and no one ever knows, and this is a bad idea ignore me...it would be so fitting with the sitcom nonsense theme, though 

I’ll make one for the name as well once we have more suggestions! Surge is a good one. 

Edited by AonEne

We should give it a name from Harry Potter or The Lord of the Rings or something.

Ayalin twitched as a cat jumped from the backpack of one of the newcomers, but at the sight of the animal she relaxed. She bent forward, stretching a hand out towards the cat, who padded over and rubbed its head against her hand. 

Aya let herself smile a little, petting the cat. It was purring softly, eyes closed.

A moment later it jumped onto Aya's lap where it pawed at her leg for a moment before laying down. Ayalin continued petting it, genuinely beginning to relax.She almost asked what it's name was, but decided against it. She didn't need to know its name to enjoy its company.

12 hours ago, The_Archivist said:

He blinked. "All of you? Wow, cool. Apparently I'm what's called a Full Feruchemist."

"Most of us." She nodded and opened her hand for Mahad. Her spren followed her invitation always happy to show off and shaped his body like a tiny litte dragon made of smoke. "This is Mahad." She introduced him. "Most of the brunt patches on the wall are his." Her eyes moved over to the little bunny that Mahad had decorated one of the walls with.

"I have to admit, I have no idea what a Feruchemist is. What exactly can you do?"

We could call her Ene, after the one who had the idea for this rp ^_^

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Most of us." She nodded and opened her hand for Mahad. Her spren followed her invitation always happy to show off and shaped his body like a tiny litte dragon made of smoke. "This is Mahad." She introduced him. "Most of the brunt patches on the wall are his." Her eyes moved over to the little bunny that Mahad had decorated one of the walls with.

"I have to admit, I have no idea what a Feruchemist is. What exactly can you do?"

Everest's eyes widened as a tiny dust dragon appeared over Shana's hand. She said it was harmless, and it was shaped like a dragon, which was another point in his book. But she also said he burned the walls somehow, which didn't seem very safe.

He frowned. She didn't know what a Feruchemist was? Didn't Jamie ever explain to her? "It basically means I can store different attributes in different types of metal and take them out afterwards." He said, still looking at the tiny demon from the corner of his eye.

"Do you happen to have a spare room I can stay in? I'm not sure how long I can avoid the voidbringers in my current position." Though it seems like it might not be that much safer around here either, he thought to himself, remembering that Shana said they had a tussle with some voidbringers in the neighborhood.

If the cat is a girl we should call her Luna (after the HP character, not the sharder)

Edited by The_Archivist

If the cat's a boy, then we should call it Asmoedan or Ishamael. 

Jamie shrugged, "If you really want to avoid the Voidbringers then I'd recommend you go back east. No Voidbringers there, but there are some things nearly as bad. There are also more Metalborn there, and they could tell you a lot more about your powers than I could. But yeah, we usually have a few extra rooms. It's a big house."

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Jamie shrugged, "If you really want to avoid the Voidbringers then I'd recommend you go back east. No Voidbringers there, but there are some things nearly as bad. There are also more Metalborn there, and they could tell you a lot more about your powers than I could. But yeah, we usually have a few extra rooms. It's a big house."

He considered Jamie's words. Logically, he knew he should go east. Where he could learn about his powers from more experienced people, where no one will find out what happened. But he wanted to stay. He tried rationalising it with how dangerous it would be to travel all the way there, but he knew the real reason he was doing it was because the nightmares never seemed quite as bad in Seattle. It was silly, but he couldn't forfeit that protection, no matter how false it was.

"I think I'll stay here for now."

Name him Shai'tan.

1 hour ago, The_Archivist said:

"I think I'll stay here for now."

"That's great!" Shana smiled brightly at him. "If you head upstairs with me, I could show you the empty rooms and you can pick one."

Lowering her voice conspiciously, she grinned. "There is even one free, in the corner overlooking the pool." Mahad dispersed into a cloud again and rushed off. Maybe to play with another spren somewhere in the house. "But there are others as well, just take a look and then decide which one you like."

10 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"That's great!" Shana smiled brightly at him. "If you head upstairs with me, I could show you the empty rooms and you can pick one."

Everest smiled, "Thanks! That would be great!" He went upstairs to pick a room, noticing the dragon was gone. Or maybe it wasn't, and just turned itself invisible, unseen yet seeing, able to spy on him, watching him while he slept... He shivered at the thought.