AonEne

2 hours ago, Bookish Ocelot said:

"Yeah," Leona says. "All of them are real. If you don't really like swords, I've got some other ideas. A bow could work pretty well, depending on how strong your shoulders are." 

She picks up a bow and fires ten arrows quickly into a target on the other side of the room.

"Nice!" Fadran says, watching her fire the arrows. He immediately makes for the largest hammer he can find. Upon finding a greathammer taller than he is, Fadran sucks in a little stormlight and goes to lift the darned thing. He fails.

"Hey Avelyn," He whispers to his spren, "What weapon should I try?"

Don't ask me. She replies. I'm just your normal, ordinary, everyday stonespren. In fact, at one point, I'll become a weapon for you. For now... go for the swords?

Fadran finds a basic arming sword, testing its weight. He likes it.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Nice!" Fadran says, watching her fire the arrows. He immediately makes for the largest hammer he can find. Upon finding a greathammer taller than he is, Fadran sucks in a little stormlight and goes to lift the darned thing. He fails.

"Hey Avelyn," He whispers to his spren, "What weapon should I try?"

Don't ask me. She replies. I'm just your normal, ordinary, everyday stonespren. In fact, at one point, I'll become a weapon for you. For now... go for the swords?

Fadran finds a basic arming sword, testing its weight. He likes it.

"I think maybe a smaller hammer," Leona said. Seeing him pick up the sword, she nodded in approval. "I used to fight with twin shortswords. Do you have a style you prefer?"

37 minutes ago, Bookish Ocelot said:

"I think maybe a smaller hammer," Leona said. Seeing him pick up the sword, she nodded in approval. "I used to fight with twin shortswords. Do you have a style you prefer?"

"I tend to follow the 'you don't have to murder them if they don't try to murder you' style, but I guess being armed would be a good idea." He grabs a shield, strapping it to his left arm. "Sword and shield. Nice and easy, but effective nonetheless."

33 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I tend to follow the 'you don't have to murder them if they don't try to murder you' style, but I guess being armed would be a good idea." He grabs a shield, strapping it to his left arm. "Sword and shield. Nice and easy, but effective nonetheless."

"Alright," Leona replied. She grabbed Azriel, her longsword, from its sheath in the corner. It was a gray-blue metal. Leona had no idea what it was, only that it was good at cutting things. "I'm assuming you want to spar?"

7 hours ago, The_Archivist said:

"I can store speed, strength, weight, senses, warmth, mental speed, memories, calories, health and breath, which are pretty straightforward. Then there's fortune, determination, connection and identity, which are weird, there's also nicrosil, but I can't figure it out. You would think silver would do something, but it doesn't." Everest realised he was rambling and quickly shut his mouth. Idiot. You just found them and already you're pushing them away. "So everyone here is metalborn?"

"Not quite." Jamie said, "Metalborn are mostly concentrated on the east coast. That's why I was so surprised to meet both of you. The others here are Knights Radiant. They're similar to us, but they have different powers, and they get them in a different way. You'll have to ask one of them if you want learn more about it, its not really something I fully understand." 

2 hours ago, Bookish Ocelot said:

"Alright," Leona replied. She grabbed Azriel, her longsword, from its sheath in the corner. It was a gray-blue metal. Leona had no idea what it was, only that it was good at cutting things. "I'm assuming you want to spar?"

Fadran shrugs. "That wasn't the direction my mind was going, but sounds fun!" He readies his arming sword.

Fix that stance. Avelyn chastises him. Is that really how you hold a shield? You'll sooner break your own jaw than block an arrow.

Fadran readjusts himself. "Come at me."

You are soooo dead.

39 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran shrugs. "That wasn't the direction my mind was going, but sounds fun!" He readies his arming sword.

Fix that stance. Avelyn chastises him. Is that really how you hold a shield? You'll sooner break your own jaw than block an arrow.

Fadran readjusts himself. "Come at me."

You are soooo dead.

let it be known that I have absolutely NO weapons training, so apologies if this makes 0 sense.

"Alright then," Leona said, surprised that he had agreed. Had he had any formal training? "Hold your shield a bit higher, and stay on your toes."

Then she lunged forward, slashing at his left shoulder downwards. Involuntarily, she inhaled sharply. Azriel was heavy. And she hadn't stretched. 

idiot, Onyx said.

Me neither, but I know the gist.

Fadran instinctively... blocks his face.

"Ow!" He yells. The sword hits his arm hard.

Dead dead dead dead dead dead dead. Avelyn says. Stormlight will heal you.

Fadran sucks in stormlight, healing the wound, then slashes outwards warrilly. His arm wobbles as he does so, so it's unclear whether he's aiming for Leona's shoulder or head.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran instinctively... blocks his face.

"Ow!" He yells. The sword hits his arm hard.

Dead dead dead dead dead dead dead. Avelyn says. Stormlight will heal you.

Fadran sucks in stormlight, healing the wound, then slashes outwards warrilly. His arm wobbles as he does so, so it's unclear whether he's aiming for Leona's shoulder or head.

I'm going to assume the blades are dulled. Otherwise I would have sliced Fadran's arm off. Whoops. 

Leona raised her sword, parrying. The force of the blow made her arms quiver. "Nice," she said, dodging right.

41 minutes ago, Bookish Ocelot said:

Leona raised her sword, parrying. The force of the blow made her arms quiver. "Nice," she said, dodging right.

Nice? Avelyn says to Fadran, scandalized. NICE??? Did she just call your attack NICE?!?!?!?!

"I'm not horrible at this kind of thing." Fadran replies. He goes for an overhead swing towards Leona's... well, head. "Just not good either."

Doc had been sitting in the corner of the training room, absently summoning and dismissing his Shardplate gauntlet. It was a habit he'd gotten into recently, for some reason it helped him to think. He noticed Leona come in, along with someone else, who he didn't know. They didn't seem to notice him, so he continued to sit quietly, watching them spar. He clenched his fist for a moment, willing his Plate into existence. It was still a little mesmerizing, watching each intricate piece materialize from nothing, then solidify into slate grey metal. Instead of stopping at just the one gauntlet, as he'd been doing, he let the entire suit appear. As the armor appeared around him, he breathed in, pulling in some Stormlight. The urge to move, to do something intensified within him, only amplified by the increased strength of the Plate. He stood up suddenly, his Plate clanking. 

@Sorana @Wyndlerunner @I think I am here. @Eluvianii 

When they were all holding on, Cassie took a deep breath. “Okay.” Let’s hope this works, she bit back, and stepped forward once into the Cognitive Realm. Ducking a swarm of beads that zipped through the air toward the wrong sun, she did a quick head count and exhaled, relieved. All of them accounted for, plus spren and cat. And Joy, silent behind her, staring. She could feel the deadeye’s gaze on the back of her neck. 

She didn’t look back at her. Leading the group for a minute, she scanned their surroundings, then stepped through into the Physical Realm again. She wasn’t sure why she did it where she did; it just felt right. 

They’d come through in a living room, in front of Jamie and a girl and boy Cassie didn’t know. More new Radiants? Or Twinborn or Elantrians; she supposed that was possible too. The Invested world was much bigger than they’d thought, she reminded herself. One day maybe she could document it all, discover all the types of magic out there...she smiled at the idea and stepped closer. “Hi, you guys are new.” 

As she forgets the reason why they came home this way 

Feel free to be startled at five people appearing out of nowhere looking like they just came from a fight! 

@Dr. Dapper @Tesh @The_Archivist 

15 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"Seems like every few days more Radiants spring out of the ground" James said, with a wry smile. "But I can't say I'm not glad for more company"

“Sometimes we get inrushes, but other times people wander off. They come and go,” Cassie said quietly back, her answering smile tired. 

Just now, AonEne said:

“Sometimes we get inrushes, but other times people wander off. They come and go,” Cassie said quietly back, her answering smile tired. 

"So it is with all things, I suppose" James replied, his smile lessening somewhat, as he recalled the faces of those who had left, and not returned. "Yet, somehow, life goes on, in spite of our comings and goings."

Edwin saw the living room appear around them after that weird place. So that was the Cognitive Realm. It was so unreal. And so pretty. And the experience had been so... fun. If he proved himself, he would be able to visit it whenever he wanted. Just the thought gave him chills.

"I didn't know you had that form. You almost looked like a normal person. Shininess apart of course." he said to Twin, who had decided to stand on his head as soon as they were back in the real world. Or rather, the physical world.

"There are lots of things you don't know, you first ideal." she replied mockingly. He could tell she was smiling.

"Ouch, that hurt. But you'll see. One day we'll be going to school every day like this."

"Before that, you should say hello."

Yes, I know. He wanted to say. He had been trying to avoid thinking about the fact that they were now simply standing among a group of people he didn't know. And they had been out only for a few hours.

"Umm, hi." Edwin said to the new people, waving his hand a little.

Shana was quiet when she watched the news, wordlessly agreeing with James and Cassie. People came and people left. Only few of them stayed the same. It was weird feeling to see so many new faces, that had appeared at her home within a few hours, and she found herself smiling, mimicing Edwin's gesture and lifted a hand and waved at them.

"Welcome." She greeted them warmly, "Are you already settled in, or is there anything we can do to make you comfortable?"

Walking over to the counter she smiled at them, poured herself a glass of water, not noticing, that she left a thin bloody trail on the floor when she walked. Drowning the water she set the glass down again, took a deep breath and tried to sort her thoughts, pushed her regret, her fear far away. For now she would focus on those that had arrived, everything else could wait for now.

4 hours ago, AonEne said:

@Sorana @Wyndlerunner @I think I am here. @Eluvianii 

When they were all holding on, Cassie took a deep breath. “Okay.” Let’s hope this works, she bit back, and stepped forward once into the Cognitive Realm. Ducking a swarm of beads that zipped through the air toward the wrong sun, she did a quick head count and exhaled, relieved. All of them accounted for, plus spren and cat. And Joy, silent behind her, staring. She could feel the deadeye’s gaze on the back of her neck. 

She didn’t look back at her. Leading the group for a minute, she scanned their surroundings, then stepped through into the Physical Realm again. She wasn’t sure why she did it where she did; it just felt right. 

They’d come through in a living room, in front of Jamie and a girl and boy Cassie didn’t know. More new Radiants? Or Twinborn or Elantrians; she supposed that was possible too. The Invested world was much bigger than they’d thought, she reminded herself. One day maybe she could document it all, discover all the types of magic out there...she smiled at the idea and stepped closer. “Hi, you guys are new.” 

@Dr. Dapper @Tesh @The_Archivist 

Everest leaped in surprise as a group of battered people appeared in the middle of the living room, his decreased weight making him almost reach the ceiling.       " @&?#"&#_! " When he reached the ground again he had his knifes in his hand, ready for a fight, but he quickly sheathed them when it became apparent they weren't hostile. "Hi" he said, thinking furiously. They just showed up out of nowhere, HE could do that too... no, that didn't mean anything, there must be lots of magic systems that allow teleportation... right? Keep on the mask. He reminded himself. Stay cheerful, stay polite.

15 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Nice? Avelyn says to Fadran, scandalized. NICE??? Did she just call your attack NICE?!?!?!?!

"I'm not horrible at this kind of thing." Fadran replies. He goes for an overhead swing towards Leona's... well, head. "Just not good either."

Leona snorts. "Nobody is intrinsically good at sword fighting. It's hardly something they teach in schools." She ducks under Fadrans blow and comes up with her sword at his neck. 

“Hi,” Cassie returned, looking from the new kid to Shana, then down at their clothes. “Um, sorry about just popping in like this. I should’ve guessed there’d be people in here; we should’ve gone to the training room instead, that’s out of the way. I’m Cassie.” She studied him. From his reaction, he could be a Windrunner or Skybreaker; they could affect their gravity. 

51 minutes ago, Bookish Ocelot said:

Leona snorts. "Nobody is intrinsically good at sword fighting. It's hardly something they teach in schools." She ducks under Fadrans blow and comes up with her sword at his neck. 

Dodge! Avelyn yells at Fadran.

Fadran bears right, barely dodging the sword. From his awkward position leaning towards the floor, there is little he can do other than stab upwards at Leona's torso. He does so, earning a tsk-tsk from Avelyn.

"I guess that's true."

47 minutes ago, Bookish Ocelot said:

"I think I won that round," Leona said, spotting Doc out of the corner of her eye. "Oh hey! I didn't see you when I came down. This is Fadran," she said, pointing at him. "Fadran, this is Doc. He runs the place."

@Channelknight Fadran @Dr. Dapper

"Hello." Fadran says. "Nice to meetcha."

They call him Doc. Avelyn notes. Is he an actual doctor? Like, does he have a PhD in medical science?

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

“Hi,” Cassie returned, looking from the new kid to Shana, then down at their clothes. “Um, sorry about just popping in like this. I should’ve guessed there’d be people in here; we should’ve gone to the training room instead, that’s out of the way. I’m Cassie.” She studied him. From his reaction, he could be a Windrunner or Skybreaker; they could affect their gravity. 

"I'm Everest, nice to meet you. So you're one of those Knights?" He silently berated himself for giving them the actual time he got his powers. What if they made the connection?