AonEne

4 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Well, I don't think you ever asked me that question in particular." Jamie smiled slightly, "But it's a good question. The others are Knights Radiant, and I'm a Twinborn. There are people called Voidbringers, and their goal is to wipe us out, along with most everyone else, or so it seems. So we've gotta fight back against them, and maybe we'll negotaite some kind of alliance, but for now it's a war." 

Oops, sorry about that. 

"And you will actually genuinely let me help? Even though I'm still just a kid?"

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's cute isn't it?" Shana reached out for the cat and patted it fondly. "We should have gotten a pet earlier."

The fur was soft beneath her fingers and strangely calming. The cat meowed quietly, lifted a paw and touched her hand playfully. "I think we needed that. And we're good to go Cassie. Take us back and then we can see what the others say to the cat and what to do about this operation. If we want to do something about it, or not."

Her face turned earnest when she grabbed her backpack and slung it over one shoulder. "Did I tell you, that I failed maths?" She asked suddenly and looked around the house again. "If I learned one thing, then that all these superhero movies lie. It's impossible to be good at school and fight evil. At least, when you are as dumb as I am."

With a slight shrug she straightened. "Do you think Doc will be angry?" Immediatly she shook her head. "This has to wait. Let's get back hom first, then we can discuss the life-threatening things. And then I can try to solve my maths issue."

@AonEne

13 hours ago, Tesh said:

"And you will actually genuinely let me help? Even though I'm still just a kid?"

"Well look around. All the others, they're kids. They've gone through a lot, most of them, and they still fight back. If you're willing to fight, and you've got skills to do so, I don't see why not." Jamie smiled, "Maybe its a bad thing, fighting when you're still just a kid, but I mean, either we fight back or the Voidbringers overtake the whole world." 

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Nods, a little confused, then turns back to Leona. "So... can I get a tour of the house?"

"Yeah, of course," she said, smiling. "It's a pretty big house. There's two living floors, and the basement is primarily used for training. Do you have a preferred weapon? I mostly do archery and the longsword. Sadly for me, I have an ankle issue that won't go away, so I mainly have to stick to archery."

1 hour ago, Bookish Ocelot said:

"Yeah, of course," she said, smiling. "It's a pretty big house. There's two living floors, and the basement is primarily used for training. Do you have a preferred weapon? I mostly do archery and the longsword. Sadly for me, I have an ankle issue that won't go away, so I mainly have to stick to archery."

"Oh... weapons? I've sort of noticed that words are sharper than blades, but if I have to I can make almost anything a weapon using my hardening magic. My favorite are pencils, but I've used everything from pieces of paper to broken pianos."

Avelyn rolls her eyes at this, then takes off to explore the house.

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

With a slight shrug she straightened. "Do you think Doc will be angry?" Immediatly she shook her head. "This has to wait. Let's get back hom first, then we can discuss the life-threatening things. And then I can try to solve my maths issue." 

Cassie looked away from the cat, trying to catch Shana’s eye. “Hey. You’re not dumb.” When she was sure Shana had at least heard the words, she looked around at the group. “Can everyone hold onto each other? I don’t know if it’s possible to Elsecall without physical contact.” She’d have to look into that, see if any of Doc’s old books knew. 

@Eluvianii @Wyndlerunner @I think I am here.

Edit: And yeah, you can definitely be a Feruchemist or Ferring if you want! 

Edited by AonEne

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

Cassie looked away from the cat, trying to catch Shana’s eye. “Hey. You’re not dumb.” When she was sure Shana had at least heard the words, she looked around at the group. “Can everyone hold onto each other? I don’t know if it’s possible to Elsecall without physical contact.” She’d have to look into that, see if any of Doc’s old books knew. 

@Eluvianii @Wyndlerunner @I think I am here.

James looked apprehensive at the thought of Elsecalling. "Um, do you think this causes motion sickness?" he asked, "Asking for a friend." 

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James looked apprehensive at the thought of Elsecalling. "Um, do you think this causes motion sickness?" he asked, "Asking for a friend." 

“It hasn’t for me,” Cassie said with a shrug. It felt unnatural, making such a normal movement after being in the middle of a fight. “It’s just stepping into Shadesmar, and then back out into the house.” 

4 hours ago, AonEne said:

Edwin held the backpack a little tighter, getting nervous. "Well, I was going to do this some day anyway."

Ayalin paused for a moment. The others were just as young as she was. She could have a part, and could be helpful. And she'd be with people like herself.

"When can I meet them?" Aya asked, her voice soft.

@Dr. Dapper

Edited by Tesh

15 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Oh... weapons? I've sort of noticed that words are sharper than blades, but if I have to I can make almost anything a weapon using my hardening magic. My favorite are pencils, but I've used everything from pieces of paper to broken pianos."

Avelyn rolls her eyes at this, then takes off to explore the house.

"Broken pianos? I'd love to hear the story behind that." Leona said. 

2 hours ago, Bookish Ocelot said:

"Broken pianos? I'd love to hear the story behind that." Leona said. 

"I'll tell it to you someday. My stories are only told during the most inconvenient possible situations. It's a gig of mine."

He says that. Avelyn whispers to Leona. And he doesn't lie. Be careful whenever you invoke his name; he always has the most irrelevant pieces of information for the most irrelevant moments in time.

Okay, here goes

Spoiler

Name: Pi "Everest" Everest (the name exists, I looked it up)

Physical characteristics: 14 year old male, 1.7m tall, brown hair and eyes, fit in a lean sort of way.

Investiture: Full Feruchemist

Strengths: Is a near perfect liar, good at baking and cooking.

Weaknesses: Cannot tell when others are lying or being sarcastic at all, despite trying, is horrible at all types of art.

Equipment: Metalminds, a knife with a steel shot in the hilt and one with a pewter shot which he uses as metalminds.

Backstory: Two weeks after he discovered his powers, voidbringers killed his foster family and burned their house to the ground. He's been living on the street for half a year. During that time he experimented with his powers and fought off voidbringers.

Random stuff: Is almost always tired and hungry, has night terrors, his first name is his greatest secret, when he curses he pronounces cursing symbols (like @&$#"!@$).

This is literally the RP of my dreams, so I'm super excited. Also, this would make a decent TV show.

Everest took a deep breath, if he was wrong, it would be really embarrassing. He knocked on the door.

Edited by The_Archivist

15 hours ago, Tesh said:

Ayalin paused for a moment. The others were just as young as she was. She could have a part, and could be helpful. And she'd be with people like herself.

"When can I meet them?" Aya asked, her voice soft.

@Dr. Dapper

34 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

Everest took a deep breath, if he was wrong, it would be really embarrassing. He knocked on the door.

"What do you mean?" Jamie asked, getting up to answer the door. She opened the door, looking at the kid who was waiting flatly. "Yeah?" she asked, looking a little bored.

Okay, she's not going to give me the answer herself, that was a long shot anyway, time for plan B. Everest used his destiny metal and came up with a single word before draining it completely, @'"_&@$! he hoped to have some as backup, well hopefully he had enough. "I was led to this house because of... Spren."

Destiny metal is what he call his fortune metalmind.

Edited by The_Archivist