AonEne

30 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Ayalin took the paper. "I... Wow. Thank you." She looked up, glancing at the two newcomers for the first time, chatting with Nym. " And then there's people like Nym, right?"

@Dr. Dapper

"Yeah. They're Knights Radiant. They have different powers, which I don't totally understand. They have to do with bonding spirits, and they use something called Stormlight to do magic." Jamie shrugged. "It would probably be a good idea to learn more about them." she mused, "Because their, and I suppose our, enemies use the same kind of magic. It's called Surgebinding, I think." 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avelyn inspects Onyx up and down as Fadran nods to the spren.

So I'm not the only one in a bond with a human? Avelyn says to Fadran. I told you so.

Fadran looks at Onyx. "You're an inkspren, aren't you? I've heard about your kind. I've never met one before, though. This is Avelyn."

Avelyn manifests herself to Onyx and Leona, taking an exaggerated bow not short of unneccessary flourish. It's a pleasure to meet you.

"So if there are more people like me... do they do the same things I can do? You said you can teleport and change things into other things. I can harden things and change things. Are there others who can do different things?"

Fadran seems to be warming up to the idea that he's not alone. In fact, he seems pleased, and maybe even a little mischevious.

Edwin felt Shana's hand on his shoulder just before she suggested cleaning up. Did she know what he was thinking? Probably not, but it was comforting all the same, and he was grateful.

Rob offered to sink the bodies. Edwin looked up to him. "Will that work with the blood? Isn't it too scattered to do a clean job?" he asked feeling slightly stupid. He was a Willshaper, he shouldn't have the need to ask that question.

@Sorana @Wyndlerunner @I think I am here.

"It did last time." Shana replied, although she could unterstand what Edwin was aiming at. And yet, it had worked, when Rob had cleaned their yard. "Let's just hope it will work this time as well."

She stayed where she was, didn't move away from Edwin for the moment. "Do it. I can get rid of what remains on the floor if that's neccessary." Her fingers touched the blood on her shirt and she frowned. "Edwin, or Cassie. Can one of you take us secretly to back to the house. I doubt that we should walk along the street looking as if we'd just killed several people." Which they had, but that wasn't the point. "I really don't want to have another encounter with the police at the moment." That was what counted. She had to be around, had to keep them save. Had to keep them all save.

@Wyndlerunner @I think I am here. @Eluvianii

14 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Avelyn inspects Onyx up and down as Fadran nods to the spren.

So I'm not the only one in a bond with a human? Avelyn says to Fadran. I told you so.

Fadran looks at Onyx. "You're an inkspren, aren't you? I've heard about your kind. I've never met one before, though. This is Avelyn."

Avelyn manifests herself to Onyx and Leona, taking an exaggerated bow not short of unneccessary flourish. It's a pleasure to meet you.

"So if there are more people like me... do they do the same things I can do? You said you can teleport and change things into other things. I can harden things and change things. Are there others who can do different things?"

Fadran seems to be warming up to the idea that he's not alone. In fact, he seems pleased, and maybe even a little mischevious.

where have you heard of me? Onyx asked. regular human books should not know these things.

"There are more people with different powers," Leona replied. "Some can fly, others can create illusions or heal people. It's pretty cool. Once you swear the third oath, your spren can become a shardblade, which is like a sword that can't break and slices through anything. I'm on the third oath."

I said earlier that I summoned a Blade but I'm going to ignore that.

Avelyn speaks to Onyx. Regular human books, yes. Irrregular human books? Naw, man. You just need to find the forbidden stuff, eh, Fadran?

Fadran studies his fork, still talking to Leona. "I said, at one point, that I would stand where others fall." Looks up. "I wonder where those places are?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Avelyn speaks to Onyx. Regular human books, yes. Irrregular human books? Naw, man. You just need to find the forbidden stuff, eh, Fadran?

Fadran studies his fork, still talking to Leona. "I said, at one point, that I would stand where others fall." Looks up. "I wonder where those places are?"

what books? i do not know of any books like that, Onyx replies.

"Those places? What do you mean by that?"

"What do i do now?" Ayalin asked, putting the paper into her pocket with the coins. "How do I help fight... Whatever it is you're fighting?

"I can fight pretty well, though I'm best with a sword. And I've shot a pistol a few times, though I'm not good at that. Then I have what I can do... You'll let me help though, right?"

@Dr. Dapper

"Well, I'm not the one in charge, but I don't think anyone would be able to stop you from helping." Jamie smiled, "Especially with you being a Mistborn and all." she stood again, holding her hand out. She heard her heartbeats echo in her head, ten times. On the tenth beat, her Shardblade dropped into her hands, covered with condensation. "If you're good with swords, then maybe we could get you one of these."

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran looks at Nym, seeing her for the first time. "What?"

Even Avelyn is a little surprised at the presence of Nym.

"We fight."  She said in a clearer voice and stepped forward, bringing herself into the light.  "It's all we can do."  She is unusually serious, her eyes hard, framing such a youthful face. @Bookish Ocelot @Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, Aragorn said:

"We fight."  She said in a clearer voice and stepped forward, bringing herself into the light.  "It's all we can do."  She is unusually serious, her eyes hard, framing such a youthful face. @Bookish Ocelot @Channelknight Fadran

Fadran and Avelyn share a glance before the surgebinder chooses to speak. "Fight... what?"

On 4/9/2020 at 0:06 AM, Sorana said:

"Edwin, or Cassie. Can one of you take us secretly to back to the house. I doubt that we should walk along the street looking as if we'd just killed several people." Which they had, but that wasn't the point. "I really don't want to have another encounter with the police at the moment." 

Cassie heard her name and looked up, away from the body she’d been staring at, its stomach sliced open. She glanced down at her clothes, then the rest of them. Right. “Yeah, I can do that. And good idea, Rob.” She’d only vaguely been listening - it was hard to concentrate when her mind would only focus on the sounds of death in her ears and splashes of blood behind her eyes. 

@Wyndlerunner @I think I am here. @Eluvianii 

Edwin listened to the conversation. They were leaving. Oh, right.

He looked to Shana to let her know he was getting up. Then turned to Cassie "Give me a second before doing that." and ran off to that tree where he had left his backpack. He opened it. The little cat was curled up inside, apparently oblivious to the chaos that had transpired. He was glad it didn't run away.

Shana was right, it was dangerous to let themselves be seen more than necessary, but he wasn't about to abandon the creature after forcing it to stay confined all day.

Edwin came back to the others. "Sorry, I didn't want to leave this little friend behind."

@AonEne @Sorana @I think I am here. @Wyndlerunner

Edited by Eluvianii

Ayalin slowly shook her head. "This... This is a lot to take in," she finally said. "But I don't think you really answered my first question. Who are you people? What are you doing here? And what is going on?"

15 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Edwin came back to the others. "Sorry, I didn't want to leave this little friend behind." 

“You got a cat?” Cassie stared at it, tiny and adorable and oh Stormfather she loved it to death already. It was as welcoming as seeing a spark of Stormlight in a dark room. She wasn’t sure if Doc would let them keep it...but she was going to argue in favor of doing so, and he didn’t care that much about what they did on their own time. Nobody’s allergic, right? She shook herself out of it and looked around the room. “Anyone else need to grab a new pet?” 

18 hours ago, Tesh said:

Ayalin slowly shook her head. "This... This is a lot to take in," she finally said. "But I don't think you really answered my first question. Who are you people? What are you doing here? And what is going on?"

"Well, I don't think you ever asked me that question in particular." Jamie smiled slightly, "But it's a good question. The others are Knights Radiant, and I'm a Twinborn. There are people called Voidbringers, and their goal is to wipe us out, along with most everyone else, or so it seems. So we've gotta fight back against them, and maybe we'll negotaite some kind of alliance, but for now it's a war."