AonEne

She knew they were coming. She wanted them to go inside. They had fallen into a perfect trap.

If they left they would be open to an attack on the way back, or even the house now that there was no secret. If they refused to enter the civilians in the surroundings would be in danger, just as she said. And if they went in... Edwin didn't want to think about what would happen then but, what option did they have?

"I, don't think we have a choice." he said after hearing James and took a step forward.

@Wyndlerunner @Sorana @Ookla the Maybe-Existent

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shana inclined her head in agreement and followed Edwin. "I agree." She said loudly, if only to hear her voice herself. " They had no choice. Not if they wanted to go on with their fight. To leave them here, alone, living. It would mean a constant threat in their neighbourhood.

The woman smiled at them and watched Shana step inside, her eyes dark. Too dark. Probably lenses hiding her real self. Shana's fingers tightened around the crystals in her pocket and she confidently walked into the house. There were others as well. She could see at least three, but maybe some of them were waiting behind corners.

"How did you find us?" She asked and the woman laughed. "It was easy. You leave a rather thick trail behind." Tilting her head to the side her eyes stayed on Shana, as if she waiting to eat her. "I am looking for someone. Did you have any  - recent additions?"

@Wyndlerunner @Eluvianii

On 05/02/2020 at 3:27 PM, Sorana said:

Tilting her head to the side her eyes stayed on Shana, as if she waiting to eat her. "I am looking for someone. Did you have any  - recent additions?"

“None of your concern,” Rob said, trailing behind Shana. The dark sphere pulsed as he entered the house, his eyes scanning the room as he entered. He didn’t like fantasy books, but he found himself comparing the situation to a scene in that movie they watched. Ring Lords? He remembered the scene where that little man was in the cave with the huge spider. It felt a bit like that, wandering into a spider web, having no choice but to follow the Voidbringer’s commands.

It irritated him. He found himself slightly surprised at the irritation, and then surprised at his surprise. It wasn’t very normal of him. He finally rested his eyes on the woman that seemed to lead them. The one that kept taunting them. A thick trail. Rob knew they had to be less obvious in their actions. And now they had an Voidbringer infestation in a house so near to theirs.

Infestation. Again, Rob was reminded of the disgusting image of cockroaches. He glanced to the woman, looking at her but not seeing her, trying to imagine a grotesque, twisted Voidbringer face. Red eyes, and everything else he’d heard rumours. This was a mask, it hid the true monster within.

Rob stayed put, tried to keep his face still.

“What do you expect us to do? Allow you to stay here?”

On 7.2.2020 at 0:41 PM, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“What do you expect us to do? Allow you to stay here?”

The woman laughed at his words. "As if you are able to do something against us, little boy." She shook her head and turned her back to them, heard the red haired girl shift, probably preparing to fight. She wasn't really worried about them. "I will leave, as soon as I learnt what I want to learn." She walked a few steps, as if to clear the entrance and then turned around again. "What can you tell me about Jenna?" Her voice was calm, soothing as she tried to convince them to talk to her, to tell her the truth. It was easy, so easy for them to do. They would lead her to that vicious creature and then she would rip her apart. One person less to organize resistance. And if some of these kids died during the process - only better.

"We outnumber your two to one." She stated instead and smiled a vicious, feral smile. "We will kill you all. So I would adivce to consider your next words."

@Lunamor @Eluvianii @Wyndlerunner

On 2/7/2020 at 4:40 PM, AonEne said:

In the garage. 

Sheln sat quietly in the garage, staring at the myriad items stacked up against the walls. Building materials, sports equipment... even some food storage. Almost absentmindedly, he tugged at his bonds. No luck; still as tight as ever. Of course, they wouldn't have been a problem if he'd had Voidlight; he could have just Soulcast them to smoke, or air, or even grain if he felt like having a snack. Or he could have Elsecalled to Shadesmar and made his escape that way. But he had no Voidlight, and hadn't had any since whatever it was that confounded girl had done. It might not even have been her- it might have been something about the house, or even the city itself. Whatever it was, it had rendered him completely and utterly powerless.

He still had one card up his sleeve, though- the spheres Thade had given him. He'd let one fall earlier. Hopefully it had found the appropriate Radiant. Hopefully Thade and Sha-thoexis could work their magic on the target. And hopefully, hopefully it would be enough.

11 hours ago, Sorana said:

The woman laughed at his words. "As if you are able to do something against us, little boy." She shook her head and turned her back to them, heard the red haired girl shift, probably preparing to fight. She wasn't really worried about them. "I will leave, as soon as I learnt what I want to learn." She walked a few steps, as if to clear the entrance and then turned around again. "What can you tell me about Jenna?" Her voice was calm, soothing as she tried to convince them to talk to her, to tell her the truth. It was easy, so easy for them to do. They would lead her to that vicious creature and then she would rip her apart. One person less to organize resistance. And if some of these kids died during the process - only better.

"We outnumber your two to one." She stated instead and smiled a vicious, feral smile. "We will kill you all. So I would adivce to consider your next words."

@Lunamor @Eluvianii @Wyndlerunner

*curious* What's so special about Jenna that the Voidbringers care about?

Edited by xinoehp512

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

*curious* What's so special about Jenna that the Voidbringers care about?

idk.

In my headcanon they fear that the groups Jenna and Doc lead will start working together, but for details you'd need to ask Uno.

Edwin blinked, trying to understand what the woman was talking about, and even then he really didn't.

Jenna? As in, the substitute teacher? What did she have to do with anything?

"What do you mean? she's just our art teacher."

Unless maybe... She had made some weird questions and comments. "Do you mean she is..." a Radiant?

@Sorana @Ookla the Maybe-Existent @Wyndlerunner

“Metals? Like more than one?” Jamie whistled. A Mistborn, albeit an untrained one. She could make an extremely powerful ally. Mistborn were rare, far rarer than Twinborns. In terms of raw power they were below only compounders. So Aya was certainly more powerful than Jamie herself, though Jamie would have the advantage of training and years of experience with her powers. 

But if there was one thing every Metalborn knew, it was that skills, and tactics mattered more than raw power. There were stories of a single Misting taking down a Mistborn, because the Mistborn had been overconfident, or less skilled than the Misting. Jamie herself hadn’t personally taken on a Mistborn, or a full Inquisitor, but she’d gone up against plenty of people more powerful than her and won, simply because she’d managed to outthink them. 

Or because of plain luck, though that had only happened once.

“A Mistborn then. Well, you’re mostly out of luck if you want actual training, since the only Metalborn who can train Mistborn are other Mistborn. However, if you want to know more about the actual Metallic Arts themselves, I can help you with that.”

On 12.2.2020 at 7:24 PM, Eluvianii said:

Edwin blinked, trying to understand what the woman was talking about, and even then he really didn't.

Jenna? As in, the substitute teacher? What did she have to do with anything?

"What do you mean? she's just our art teacher."

Unless maybe... She had made some weird questions and comments. "Do you mean she is..." a Radiant?

@Sorana @Ookla the Maybe-Existent @Wyndlerunner

The woman tilted her head back and laughed. "You poor little mice. Had no idea who she was, had you?"

She wiped an imaginary tear from her eyes and then shrugged. "Fascinating. And here I was, hoping that you have some answers for us." She reached around a corner and retrieved a sword that obviously had been placed there for her to reach it easily. Lifting her voice she called out into the house, although the other Voidbringers near to the door drew weapons the moment she did.

"The mice are here and ready to be dispersed of."

On 11.2.2020 at 1:23 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Also, could Draug potentially get involved? He'd be in the streets looking for/fighting Voidbringers, so it's not out of the question for him to discover the house the Voidbringers are at.

Sure. Like I mentioned above everybody postind in this thread is welcome to join the scene.

The cat isn’t at the house, it’s either still with Edwin or roaming outside somewhere. (He said he’d leave it outside before entering the possible trap, but I couldn’t find a post where he actually did that.) 

On 17/02/2020 at 2:41 PM, Sorana said:

She wiped an imaginary tear from her eyes and then shrugged. "Fascinating. And here I was, hoping that you have some answers for us." She reached around a corner and retrieved a sword that obviously had been placed there for her to reach it easily. Lifting her voice she called out into the house, although the other Voidbringers near to the door drew weapons the moment she did.

"The mice are here and ready to be dispersed of."

Rob grit his teeth when the Voidbringers drew their weapons. Jenna —a Radiant? The thought and what it implied was interesting but Rob found his mind focusing only on the Voidbringers. They were evil, pure evil. The leader, she was right and she was wrong. The Radiants were outnumbered. And we’re only teenagers.

He looked to Shana and Edwin. We’re pretty skilled for teenagers, though. Maybe the Voidbringers underestimated them. Maybe they thought Rob would die easily. Maybe they thought Shana would give up, that Edwin would let himself be killed. Oh, how wrong they were. The black sphere in Rob’s pocket began pulsing and as the Voidbringers advanced all he could think about was how he hated them. How they thought they were mice to be dispersed of.

Hate them, a foreign voice whispered in his ear and it felt so natural. Taking out a small piece of folded cloth from his pocket Rob breathed stormlight into it, making it snap open, firm and sharp. In a sudden movement of anger he threw it straight at the woman, aiming for centre of mass.

17 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Hate them, a foreign voice whispered in his ear and it felt so natural. Taking out a small piece of folded cloth from his pocket Rob breathed stormlight into it, making it snap open, firm and sharp. In a sudden movement of anger he threw it straight at the woman, aiming for centre of mass.

Shana watched Rob attack and started to move herself. He'd targeted the woman and so she turned away from her, her eyes moving towards a man walking towards them. He was carrying something ressembling a sword in his left hand and she didn't take the time to try to identify it. Instead she started to move.

Behind her a cry of pain carried through the house, probably the woman, although she doubted that she was out of the game by a single hit. Then she concentrated on her own enemy. Glad that she and Rob had trained to fight empty handed Shana inhaled stormlight, let it propell her on, her movements faster and quicker than before. She wasn't as good without a weapon as she was using one, but there was no changing that now. Instead she delivered a blow to the man's side, barely avoiding the blade flickering out in her direction. Shana found herself grinning at him, taking another step, as he was her partner at a dance.

“There are lots of people like you.” Jamie said with a smile, “Though most of them live on the other side of the country. I’ll tell you what I know about what we can do and how.” She paused, getting her thoughts together. “I’ll start with the basics. We’ve got magic, called Investiture for some reason. And as far as I know, every type of magic is Investiture. Surgebinding, Allomancy, Awakening, it’s all, at the root, the same. You following me so far?” Jamie asked, sitting down on the couch.

Evelyn sat, back against a wall, legs drawn up against her chest, forehead resting on her knees. A ray of weak sun had found it's way into the room - something more like a closet than a room, really - and shone gently upon her. Her phone lay to one side, screen dark. She'd turned it off after the first text. She just . . . Evelyn couldn't deal with it right now. She'd tried, earlier in the day. Her first class, she'd done alright. Done alright faking it. Then it had been time to go to the library, and something had just sort of broken. Normally, the library would have been the best thing in the world, but not now. Not today. Not after last night. So, she'd ditched them, slipping away unnoticed into a quiet corner of the school.

Also by her side, next to the darkened phone, lay a notebook. It was held to a certain page by a pencil. On it, she'd written five words. "I want to go home."

It had been alright, in the beginning. She'd wanted to come so badly. They were discovering new things. The amplifier? Something that let Elantrians use the Dor outside of the UK was a big deal. Then there had been the thing with her parents. She'd hoped she might find answers about whatever happened to them, and she had. Not a solution, but answers. Her mentor had vanished, but it had still been alright. Things hadn't really sunk in at that point. She hadn't known what had happened. It had still been a kind of mystery, and she had friends! All of the radiants had been so awesome. Then there was the night of the dance. They'd fought the voidbringers, and things hadn't really gone their way, but they'd won! Sort of. She'd been able to help. They'd all helped each other, and they hadn't been alone. Then there had been last night, and something had broken. She'd been all alone, with nothing but the flames, dancing in the night.

She was alone again now. Alone with her thoughts. She'd run away again. She always ran. She ran from her problems and she fled from her fears, but looking at the words she'd written in the notebook, Evelyn knew she couldn't run. She couldn't leave them all. Nym, Shanna, Cassie, everyone. She wouldn't leave them behind. Even if they'd be better without you? A traitorous thought asked. Maybe. Evelyn wasn't strong like them, she knew, but maybe she could be strong for them. If she could help, in any way, she would.

All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

She smiled faintly, raising her head from it's resting place on her knees and drawing the notebook to her once again. There was more to write. Just three words, but they were important. "But I won't." The marks were strong and bold, far different from the pale, shaky letters that made up the previous sentence.

Evelyn had a smile when she left the room, backpack slung once more over her shoulder. It was a faint smile, true, but it was a smile nonetheless. She'd turned the phone back on. She wasn't going to run any more. If they needed her there, then she'd come.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:21 AM, Sorana said:

Shana watched Rob attack and started to move herself. He'd targeted the woman and so she turned away from her, her eyes moving towards a man walking towards them. He was carrying something ressembling a sword in his left hand and she didn't take the time to try to identify it. Instead she started to move.

Behind her a cry of pain carried through the house, probably the woman, although she doubted that she was out of the game by a single hit. Then she concentrated on her own enemy. Glad that she and Rob had trained to fight empty handed Shana inhaled stormlight, let it propell her on, her movements faster and quicker than before. She wasn't as good without a weapon as she was using one, but there was no changing that now. Instead she delivered a blow to the man's side, barely avoiding the blade flickering out in her direction. Shana found herself grinning at him, taking another step, as he was her partner at a dance.

All of a sudden, the door exploded and a figure holding a gleaming shardblade stepped through.

"Rob, Shana- what's going on?" he shouted "What are you doing here?"