AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 04/12/2019 at 10:22 PM, Ookla the Dreamer said:

And yet, it felt wrong. To kill instead of saving. "I simply, how does it fit? It's life before death. Not kill to safe lives." She stared at her red hands, red. Nearly red like blood. "I know that it works. because Mahad is still here, but at the same time, I ask myself, if it's right. How can I place one life above others? How can I decide who to kill?" Her voice shook and she tightened her grasp on her own hands. "I know that it's the right thing. But it feels so wrong."

Rob quietened, followed her look to her hands. There was no answer. Because all of it was true. Another reason Rob disliked the moniker ‘magic’ to describe what they had. Magic was for fantasy. And in fantasy, things were simple. Good and bad. A dark lord to defeat. Things weren’t... messy, filled with conflicts of moral. This was real life.

He placed a hand on Shana’s shoulder.

“It will never feel right. But we’re only human.”

Half-listening quietly to the conversation in the back seats, Cassie left the garage and hit the button to close the door behind her as she curved off into the street. 

Edit: Anyone who wants to have gotten into the car before this, just say you did. 

Edited by Ookla the Roleplayer

17 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Rob quietened, followed her look to her hands. There was no answer. Because all of it was true. Another reason Rob disliked the moniker ‘magic’ to describe what they had. Magic was for fantasy. And in fantasy, things were simple. Good and bad. A dark lord to defeat. Things weren’t... messy, filled with conflicts of moral. This was real life.

He placed a hand on Shana’s shoulder.

“It will never feel right. But we’re only human.”

Shana nodded quietly, while the others got into the car and Cassie started the engine. "You are right." She admitted, replayed his words in her head. It will never feel right, because she was human. "I can do it." she said quietly. "I can do the hard thing to save the others, to protect. And I can be mercyfull to those that fell and I won't be swayed from that path, no matter how hard it will be."

And yet she wondered if one day she would someone that turned everything upside down, that would upset her path. Someone she couldn't fight, someone she didn't want to fight. You never knew. Maybe the next person she saw with these red eyes was her teacher. Could she really face her teacher, and do the right thing? Hopefully Rob was right and there was a different solution.

6 hours ago, Ookla the Dreamer said:

“I can do the hard thing to save the others, to protect. And I can be mercyfull to those that fell and I won't be swayed from that path, no matter how hard it will be."

“Our Ideals are built from hardship,” Rob said.

Another fact of their Radiancy. It only affected the Broken. Being Broken was what attracted the spren, what made the gaps in your soul large enough that Investiture could fill in the gap, could turn a person into a Radiant. Ideals were the pillars of strength they depended on, the code.

“You can do it. I know you can. I can even have Cup tell you the same, if you want,” he joked in his flat tone. “I’ve heard she’s better at encouraging people than me.”

44 minutes ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“You can do it. I know you can. I can even have Cup tell you the same, if you want,” he joked in his flat tone. “I’ve heard she’s better at encouraging people than me.”

Shana looked at him, at the one who had her back, at her best friend and smiled. "There's no need to ask Cup. I can't even tell you how much your opinion matters to me."

"I can do it." She repeated. "No matter how hard it might be one day. I will do my best to stop them, and to protect those that need protection." Her smile widened a little and she leaned back, looked outside.

"For now, my next battle is to convince my teacher to go easy on my grades. And it would be really nice to eat that cheesecake, without a Voidbringer running into the room. I didn't even get to dance a lot with Ben at the prom. It would be great to at least have some cheesecake without an emergency."

Nym smiled back at Evelyn.  She was really not looking forward to this.  She had decided to just go in and hope for the best. Who knows?  Maybe she wouldn't have to talk at all.  She thought a silent plea that she wouldn't break into bouts of Shakespearean.  Lopen was keeping quiet, for her sake, but was bursting with silent energy, he loved new people, he found them fascinating.

On 07/12/2019 at 11:15 PM, Ookla the Dreamer said:

“For now, my next battle is to convince my teacher to go easy on my grades. And it would be really nice to eat that cheesecake, without a Voidbringer running into the room. I didn't even get to dance a lot with Ben at the prom. It would be great to at least have some cheesecake without an emergency."

“It’s annoying,” Rob agreed.

“Even in the prom. Where it was supposed to just be a good time,” he remembered Ashlyn. Then he remembered Ben and Shana with a knife to their throats, remembered the lightning soaring through the air, remembered those police officers when they swayed, their actions growing corrupted.

Gently, and briefly, Rob felt the dark sphere in his pocket pulse.

“They somehow knew we would be at the prom. Of course they would, every high-schooler goes to prom. But, how would they know when? Do you think,” he quickly shifted his gaze from the seat in front of him to Shana. “Do you think they have spies in school?”

Edited by Ookla the Maybe-Existent

Would you mind if we arrived at school soon? I don't want to acidently godmod Cassie as she's driving.

@Ookla the Roleplayer

=======================

53 minutes ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

“They somehow knew we would be at the prom. Of course they would, every high-schooler goes to prom. But, how would they know when? Do you think,” he quickly shifted his gaze from the seat in front of him to Shana. “Do you think they have spies in school?”

"They had to watch the building." She agreed. "They knew when we left it, to go somewhere - quieter." Shana smiled at the memory. Despite the way it had ended she had very much liked the way it begun.

"All of us go to the same school, so it would be logical for them to have at least one spy in place. Or maybe they simply heard about the prom, realized that we would be there and decided to look for a good opporunity. In that case it was purely accidental that Ben and me happened about them, it could have been everybody else as well." On the other hand, they had weakened them significantly by binding her and they had known who she was. They had hurt Ben to make sure she wouldn't act in any way against them.

"I think you are right." She said slowly. "If they have a spy at school, it would explain a lot. The attack yesterday as well. They knew all of us were there, that we were distracted."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Dreamer said:

“I think you are right." She said slowly. "If they have a spy at school, it would explain a lot. The attack yesterday as well. They knew all of us were there, that we were distracted."

“It might be Tracey,” he said, stating a common classmate they both had.

“She smiles at me in this odd way, and always acts extra nice to me.” It was weird. Super weird.

Edited by Ookla the Maybe-Existent

Okay! I didn’t know how much you all wanted to talk on the drive. I hope you don’t mind Cassie saying this - if it interrupts something, yell at me and I’ll retcon it. 

“Rob, sometimes when people smile at you and act really nice, it means something else,” Cassie spoke up, glancing at him in the rearview mirror as she joined the line of cars dropping people off at school. She’d let them all out at the front so they could walk in the door, then park and go in herself. 

Her gaze drifted over to Nym. When had she gotten into the car? “Hey, do you go to school here, or do you need to be enrolled...” She trailed off, not entirely sure what being enrolled in school entailed. Didn’t your legal guardian need to do it? @Ookla the very snazzy 

3 hours ago, Ookla the very snazzy said:

How do you want me to reply to this?, 'Cause seriously I don't know what to do about this.

If you want to go to the same school we do, just say you do. I doubt anybody here minds.

Shana suppressed a grin when he mentioned Tracey. He was right, she was extra nice to him. "I'm not sure if Tracy is the right person for that." She replied, but still considered the possibility. She opened the door and hopped out of the car. "But I suppose it can't hurt to take a closer look at those around."

Waiting for the others to get out of the car she pulled out her mobile.

Did you sleep well? Didn't want to disturb you this morning, but I made sure to straighten the blanket on the matress. Ben liked it tidy- although he would see it the moment he opened his eyes. She sighed, thumb hovering over the display. How are you? She finally typed unsure how to voice her concern for him. It wasn't like Ben to miss the first hour, but maybe he had school later today, because of a special occassion. @Ookla the Excessive

Yeah I’m fine if you go here, I just want clarification. It hasn’t been specified where she came from and I’m confused :P 

Edit: Guys, I just realized yesterday in-world was the date we started the RP. That's cool ^_^ 

Edited by Ookla the Roleplayer

It is great, though it somehow makes it more evident how long it took us to get there.

Edwin made a longer way to school than last time. He would probably have to stop getting away from the straight path if he wanted to keep getting there in time but he told himself it was alright for now. The street he was on looked risky even on broad daylight, it was oddly empty and it looked fairly run-down, it probably hadn't been renovated in decades.

He heard a sound to his left, a bush had moved. A Voidbringer? Now? He stood there, ready to fight, or run, he wouldn't be sure until he saw it, the bush shook more violently until...

A gray cat walked out of it, looking wary but curious. Edwin relaxed, feeling like a fool for being scared. He squatted and extended a hand to the cat, it didn't move, he took part of the sandwich he had packed for lunch and put it on the ground before him. The cat started walking, slowly at first, then at a run and started eating. Up close he looked really thin, like he hadn't eaten in days.

"Poor thing, she's so cute." said Twinkle. She? Well, might be. Wait a minute. He checked his phone, it was getting really late. He got up and started to walk away from the cat but stopped after a few steps. Would it be fine on its own? Well, a few minutes late won't hurt.

Edwin took off his jacket and pushed it inside the backpack over his books, then put the rest of the sandwich over it, and finally the cat. He closed the backpack but just enough for it to not open on its own, so the cat could breathe, and continued his way to school, ready for the reprimand that awaited him at the classroom.

"I hope the others won't mind." he said. "It'll be alright." answered Twin. Edwin hoped she was right.

This is my overly complicated way of asking if you guys would like to have a cat in the house.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

CAT 

Have you decided on a name and how will Rob react and CAT 

Cassie will be very happy. Is anyone allergic? CAAAAAT 

It doesn't have a name, actually, I don't even know if it's a he or a she. And yeah, I'm kinda looking forward to Rob's reaction. 

Affirmative to cat

Rob nodded and stepped out of the car.

He wasn’t quite sure what Cassie meant, but he shrugged it off, regarding the high school in front him. A blank, almost boring set of architecture. But it wasn’t like Rob could do any better. He could mould rock — but only on a small scale. To do so bigger, it would require a higher ideal.