AonEne

Jace smiled, rolling his eyes. "Come on... it's been a while since we left. They spent all day setting this up, and we might as well try  to enjoy it. Besides, we already invited your family. We can't exactly just not go." He smiled, grabbing a few more things and handing the keys to Ax. "Come on, take us over. Please?" He grinned, knowing he was pressuring Ax into it, but hoping he'd enjoy himself once they got there.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jace grinned, hugging Ax. "Anything you want. Material goods? I can try my best to afford them or get something similar. Touch? I'll cuddle you for hours. Quality time? As much as you want within reason." He kissed Ax's cheek and then hurried to the door looking back at him. "We're going in our tuxes, right? I think they planned a dance for the party... Maybe. It'll still be nice if we get pictures." He seemed almost radiantly happy. Even more-so than usual. Left-overs of the happiness he still felt over the surprise wedding. He had no idea that the rest might try and make them do it 'the right and proper way'.

@Sherlock Holmes

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

4 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James walked back into the house, and asked, "So, is this going to be a black tie affair, or just casual dress?"

Following him in, Cassie blinked. "Crap, I hope it's causal. I'm not wearing a dress." 

3 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James walked back into the house, and asked, "So, is this going to be a black tie affair, or just casual dress?"

Ouch. I have to admit I'd hoped for some kind of reaction James part. But I can work with that as well :)

6 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Don't worry, James will probably be thinking for a long time about how to speak with Shana about this, but he will talk to her eventually. (Once both James and I know how it's gonna go down)

I don't worry at all. Shana's next post comes tomorrow. I need some time for that one.

Shana watched as James walked away without placing the candles into the pool and without reacting to her words at all. As if she'd never told him. He simply turned and walked away. She'd just told him her secret, the one thing that ripped her apart, that gave her nightmares and that made her gasp in fear and he just walked away. Too much, and she had known that it would be too much. He hadn't wanted to talk back in the supermarket, that he'd asked now was only a polite gesture. It had been her, stupid her that had thought the he really was interested, that he might care. She wished to be able to talk to Rob, to have him smack her across her head with his words, with his easy way to see the world. Deal with it, and then go on. It was such a simple way to deal with things. Face them and go on. She'd never been able to do it, but when Rob told her, then she was. For a short moment she was.

Hugging herself she turned away from the house, and headed around it, until she reached the side where her room was located. She couldn't bother Rob again. She'd already given him nightmares, had hurt him in a way she'd never wanted to hurt anybody. Her fingers touched her side again, she paused and lifted her shirt, found a scar where Rob's stone had impaled her. A reminder. It hadn't been there at first, but now that she saw it, she recalled it appearing slowly, always after she used some stormlight. As if she wanted to bear a mark of this mistake. She jumped, reached out for the first branch and swung herself onto it, easily changing her last pair of more or less clean pants into a pair of pants that belonged into the washing machine. But it felt good to move, to finally do somthing, her anger at Ashlyn surging again when she knew that she was the reason she couldn't go and talk to her friend. She had given him nightmares, she wouldn't ruin his blossoming relationship. That it was her decision to stay away didn't change anything about her anger. Without Ashlyn nothing would have changed, without the Voidbringers, they could have continued their life. Freaks, but good freaks. Friendly freaks. Standing up she reached out for the next branch, pulled herself higher and higher, until she was sitting on a branch that looked thin, but was easily able to carry her weight. Below the party would start soon, but she wasn't in the mood for a party. She was in the mood to take a weapon and smack it at someone, until she wasn't able to stand from exhaustion. And again, the one person that would be able to take her in her current mood was Rob. Or Ben. But she couldn't wake him. Not for a silly thing like that.

She pivoted, leaned against the trunk of the tree and look at the house. This was her place. She would stay here, until she had calmed down again and then she could climb down and be nice and greet them. She rested her head on her knees, knew that she had just ruined the one set of cloths that might have suit the occasion, but couldn't bring herself to care anymore. Jace hadn't invited her anyway. Why should she care how she ran around at home? But she did. And that she did, that she was one of these girls that only thought about their cloths made her even angrier. At herself, at everything. Anger. It was a good emotion. Easy. There were always reasons to be angry. It was better to be angry than to face the fact that James walking away had hurt. That he hadn't taken the time to think about her words, maybe to tell her that they would talk later. Ben. That he always had to sleep, it hurt. She needed him, he should know that. She had wanted to talk to him, finish the topic about killing, get at least that part out of her head. But he had to be asleep again. Unfair, she was being unfair. But unfair was easy.

Edited by Sorana

James sat down inside, hand scratching the day old scruff that was growing there. He was tempted just to let it grow out this time. I wasn't ready for that, he thought guiltily. How on Earth was he supposed to help with something so deeply traumatic? You fool! he scolded himself, Walking away wasn't the right thing to do in that situation. 

Come now James, The Nightwatcher chimed in, Beating yourself up won't do you, or Shana any good. Go talk to her! 

James nodded, in affirmation, "I can only do what I can, but Storms, what I can will have to be enough" he whispered, as he walked back outside, and finished placing the swimming candles in the water. Now to find Shana he thought to himself.

@Sorana

On 10/15/2019 at 6:31 AM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace grinned, hugging Ax. "Anything you want. Material goods? I can try my best to afford them or get something similar. Touch? I'll cuddle you for hours. Quality time? As much as you want within reason." He kissed Ax's cheek and then hurried to the door looking back at him. "We're going in our tuxes, right? I think they planned a dance for the party... Maybe. It'll still be nice if we get pictures." He seemed almost radiantly happy. Even more-so than usual. Left-overs of the happiness he still felt over the surprise wedding. He had no idea that the rest might try and make them do it 'the right and proper way'.

@Sherlock Holmes

@Sherlock Holmes

Here is my profile, Ene invited me.

Spoiler

Name: Nymina (Nym)

Order: Windrunner, Second Ideal

Spren: Lopen:D

Appearance: About 5 1/2 feet tall, Honey-blond hair, green eyes, usually in jeans and a t-shirt.

Background: Lived in a BIG family.  Until brutal fencing match turned brutal and she lost her hand, 2 weeks later her family was murdered.  Been trying to find people like her ever sense.

Personality: Avoids public speaking at all costs, that person in the background reading fantasy books during class, loves fencing, books, and singing randomly, but is very self-conscious about herself, not confident, funny and willing to pitch in when surrounded by people who like her, not very active in everything.

Quirks: Hates every time someone uses the wrong version of a word, like, Your, their, and its. Loves using the words Snazzy, and confuzzled, and will use them on every occasion.  Also speaks in Shakespirian if you get her nervous enough.

The doorbell rang.

Edited by Aragorn

21 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Also speaks in Shakespirian if you get her nervous enough.

*slams hands on desk* We have a mission :P

"I bet that's them!" Cassie ran to the door, stopping when she got there to scan the room. Did it look presentable? Whatever, they'd both seen it many times before. She flung the door open...

...and that wasn't Jason or Ax. "Hello?" she said curiously.

"Umm... Hi?, I met a weird guy on the road who told me to come here along with some other.. Interesting stuff."  She said uncertainly, shifting her weight from one foot to the other.  "Where is here?"  Here is where you are supposed to go, silly said Lopen.  "Not now." she growled back.

Edited by Aragorn

2 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

"Umm... Hi?, I met a weird guy on the road who said his name was Hoid and told me to come here."  She said uncertainly, shifting her weight from one foot to the other.  "Where is here?"  Here is where you are supposed to go, silly said Lopen.  "Not now." she growled back.

We don't have Hoid on Earth, sorry -_-

Aight

"This is Doc's house. He takes in people sometimes, if you need a place to stay..." said Cassie uncertainly. Should I invite her in? I don't know if she has a spren. Before I could just look, and know whether someone belonged here just like that...Choking back a sudden wave of guilt, she stared back into the house. Who was nearby?

@Eluvianii

Do you mind being nearby? You don't have to be, but I couldn't think of anyone else who'd be in the vicinity.

3 minutes ago, AonEne said:

"This is Doc's house. He takes in people sometimes, if you need a place to stay..." said Cassie uncertainly. Should I invite her in? I don't know if she has a spren. Before I could just look, and know whether someone belonged here just like that...Choking back a sudden wave of guilt, she stared back into the house. Who was nearby?

@Eluvianii

"Umm.. Do you have a spren?" All hope was lost with this conversation, it was getting her nowhere, she was about to walk away. @AonEne

Edited by Aragorn

1 minute ago, Aragorn said:

"Umm.. Do you have a spren?" All hope was lost with this conversation, it was getting her nowhere, she was about to walk away. @AonEne

Cassie let out a breath. She knows what spren are. "That's complicated to answer right now," she said quietly. Forcing herself to perk up, she added, "But that confirms that you have one, so you can stay here if you want. You said someone just told you to come here?" Maybe it was one of her uncle's friends, or an older Radiant? Who knew.

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Cassie let out a breath. She knows what spren are. "That's complicated to answer right now," she said quietly. Forcing herself to perk up, she added, "But that confirms that you have one, so you can stay here if you want. You said someone just told you to come here?" Maybe it was one of her uncle's friends, or an older Radiant? Who knew.

She inwardly shook hands with herself, that conversation was hard she noticed that the person who answered the door looked sad for a moment .  "Hi, I'm Nym, Windrunner 2nd Ideal.  Can I, I mean I don't really have a home now. And yes to that last one, I hink he was a radiant but I'm not sure. oh, and this is Lopen." Lopen becomes visible, Nay, tis I.

Edited by Aragorn

"Yeah, c'mon in," Cass said, moving out of the way and holding open the door. "I'm Cassie, Willshaper..." Do I say First Ideal, Fifth Ideal, or no Ideal? Or I can just not elaborate at all. Yeah, I'll do that. "And hi, Lopen." She smiled vaguely in Nym's direction, hoping he was over there too.

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

"Yeah, c'mon in," Cass said, moving out of the way and holding open the door. "I'm Cassie, Willshaper..." Do I say First Ideal, Fifth Ideal, or no Ideal? Or I can just not elaborate at all. Yeah, I'll do that. "And hi, Lopen." She smiled vaguely in Nym's direction, hoping he was over there too.

"OK." She followed Cassie in uncomfortably and silently whispered to Lopen "glad that's over." he agreed to say you know, you have got to start being comfortable with people. She tactfully ignored him.

I need to get work don so, bye for now.