AonEne

Rob watched ahead, observing the television.

“A missing person’s case has been founded for 4 adults. They were all last seen exiting their homes earlier today and haven’t been seen since. In other news, in a false alarm police were apparently called to a local parkland area, where witnesses said they saw ‘red lightning’. Electricians in the area confirm no such occurrence is possible with the local electric grid. Simon Neandyke, our reporter, says that these types of false alarms need to be minimised, so the police can focus on more pressing issues, like the 4 missing adults.”

Rob switched the television off and stood up. “We really need to cover our tracks better,” he said.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc called two pizza places and placed diffrent orders to each. Then he set two timers running and returned to the living room, where Rob was watching the news. He plopped down in his favorite chair and took his phone out. It was a few years ahead of what the phone companies were producing now, especially the battery and communications equipment. 

He fiddled with it for a second, accessing the context regognition program linked to the tv. He searched for 'Attack, East Seattle, Missing persons, weather disturbances' within the last three hours. A small number of results came up, and he played them in a rotation. Most were either live or had been broadcasgt recently. 

"Yes, we really do."

Andrew (who came with Rob) sat (as he do all the time) and watched news with others. "You know, I just said there were Redeyes seen. I did not say all must go and kill them in white day without planning. People should think about this FIRST and then fight.

But that isn't big deal. Shana, do you have any cookies left? Hungry half-radiant here..."

"No, free to spar or whatever. I could use some stretching of my wheels.

Oh. And you? Any homework?"

Andrew picked TV guide and exclaimed "Tonight we watch a documentary film about Mirmica rubra. It is very well referenced and it will throw light upon some aspects of fire ants!"

Edited by NoiseSpren

5 hours ago, NoiseSpren said:

But that isn't big deal. Shana, do you have any cookies left? Hungry half-radiant here..."

Shana wordlessly handed some cookies over. She might have to bake another batch soon.

Then she looked back at her maths book and hoped, that Ben would really help her. Otherwise she was most likely doomed.

2 hours ago, NoiseSpren said:

Andrew picked TV guide and exclaimed "Tonight we watch a documentary film about Mirmica rubra. It is very well referenced and it will throw light upon some aspects of fire ants!"

“Philosophy stuff,” Rob said, looking at his watch. “But it isn’t exactly 8:05 yet so I won’t do it.” He always followed the schedule.

“That film sounds good,” he said, though he’d say that about anything. “But, if we watched World’s Strongest Buildings I think it would be better.”

Andrew ate the cookie in instant. Then he saw troubled-looking Shana. "You -ant hel- wih the mat?" he asked her with his mouth full. After swallowing it he continued: "I can do it if Ben cannot. Do you want my help?"

"Who else wants to watch the documentary about ants?!" He shouted.

"So math?"

"Doom your fear — our math — our fear is your doom!"

Edited by NoiseSpren

3 hours ago, NoiseSpren said:

"No, free to spar or whatever. I could use some stretching of my wheels.

"Nah. I've been meaning to watch the next season of MST3K for the last few weeks. Bu, we should all vote and see where we end up." 

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana wordlessly handed some cookies over. She might have to bake another batch soon.

Then she looked back at her maths book and hoped, that Ben would really help her. Otherwise she was most likely doomed.

Ben came over and sat next to her, this time with plenty of pencils and paper. “Ok, so you said it was analytical geometry you were having trouble in?” He took a look at the math book. “Ok, for this first problem, you are going to want to...” He explained how to do her homework to her.

Sorry, I can’t think of any examples off the top of my head right now. Also, time zones are the worst.

Edited by Lunamor

43 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Ben came over and sat next to her, this time with plenty of pencils and paper. “Ok, so you said it was analytical geometry you were having trouble in?” He took a look at the math book. “Ok, for this first problem, you are going to want to...” He explained how to do her homework to her.

"No thank you, Ben is already here. But I'd be open to spar afterwards, if you're still willing by then. Just tell me."

She sighed and then forced herself to concentrate. The fun had to wait until afterwards.

@NoiseSpren

Shana listened, tried to understand what he explained. She wanted to grasp it, not only repeat what he did. It took her a while, but in the end she had a better feeling, at least for the next morning.

"Thanks, Ben."

She closed the book and sorted her bag for tomorrow's lessons.

"You really saved me there."

=============

(Meanwhile)

Mahad slowly hovered over to Glint, a small almost invisible cloud, moving along the table.

"Do you want to see something interesting? Maths is boring."

He whispered as to not disturb their radiants learning together.

Don't worry about it. I'd probably have to translate half of the words anyway and my maths lesson was a while. I forgot a lot :rolleyes:

Yeah sry, our timezones don't really align that well...

@Lunamor

Edited by Sorana

Just now, Sorana said:

"No thank you, Ben is already here. But I'd be open to spar afterwards, if you're still willing by then. Just tell me."

She sighed and then forced herself to concentrate. The fun had to wait until afterwards.

@NoiseSpren

Shana listened, tried to understand what he explained. She wanted to grasp it, not only repeat what he did. It took her a while, but in the end she had a better feeling, at least for the next morning.

"Thanks, Ben."

She closed the book and sorted her bag for tomorrow's lessons.

"You really saved me there."

=============

(Meanwhile)

Mahad slowly hovered over to Glint, a small almost invisible cloud, moving along the table.

"Do you want to see something interesting? Maths is boring."

He whispered as to not disturb their radiants learning together.

@Lunamor

“You’re welcome! I hope you do well on your math test.”

==========

“Math is hardly...” Glint corrected himself. “Ok, I would like to see something interesting.”

12 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“You’re welcome! I hope you do well on your math test.”

==========

“Math is hardly...” Glint corrected himself. “Ok, I would like to see something interesting.”

"Thanks, really."

Shana looked at her hands,

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

=========

Mahad flowed over to the edge of the table.

"It's not far. Just over there."

Just now, Sorana said:

"Thanks, really."

Shana looked at her hands,

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

=========

Mahad flowed over to the edge of the table.

"It's not far. Just over there."

“I, erm...” Ben couldn’t recall the last time someone had offered to help him with anything. People typically just ignored him. “I’ve lately realized that, if we are going to be fighting with Voidbringers more frequently, I should help out during battles. But I’m absolutely terrible at it. Do you think you could give me some training or something like that?”

==========

Glint followed, his curiosity making him glow more brightly then usual. 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Nah. I've been meaning to watch the next season of MST3K for the last few weeks. Bu, we should all vote and see where we end up." 

"Sounds fair to me." said Andrew too well aware that some people do not share his joy of ant world.

Just now, Lunamor said:

“I, erm...” Ben couldn’t recall the last time someone had offered to help him with anything. People typically just ignored him. “I’ve lately realized that, if we are going to be fighting with Voidbringers more frequently, I should help out during battles. But I’m absolutely terrible at it. Do you think you could give me some training or something like that?”

==========

Glint followed, his curiosity making him glow more brightly then usual. 

"Sure!"

Shana smiled brightly and jumped to her feet. He wanted to train with her. Happily she grabbed her bag.

"You should maybe change into some comfortable cloths. Let's meet in the training room?"

=========================

Mahad lead the way over to a tree, and then up the trunk over to a nest with some eggs.

"Look. Soon. They'll destroy their homes and then they're free to see the world."

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

"Yeah, train him." Andrew mused "You needn't to hold back while hitting him with sharp objects. He would literally walk away if you chopped his legs off. If he has enough investiture." His eyes wandered in places where he once had legs.

21 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Sure!"

Shana smiled brightly and jumped to her feet. He wanted to train with her. Happily she grabbed her bag.

"You should maybe change into some comfortable cloths. Let's meet in the training room?"

=========================

Mahad lead the way over to a tree, and then up the trunk over to a nest with some eggs.

"Look. Soon. They'll destroy their homes and then they're free to see the world."

“Um, ok!” He said, happy that she wanted to train with him. He jogged upstairs and put on the only pair of basketball shorts he owned, then went to the training room. “So, what should we start with? I’ve never done anything like this before.”

==========

“Oooooh!” Glint said. He loved birds. “They look like robin eggs! My favorite!!! Maybe I can get Ben to keep the shells for me once they hatch...”

Edited by Lunamor