AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassie opened the door and gestured for Evelyn to get in. "I bet most of the others would be fine with showing you." Getting in herself, she muttered the address to the driver, and they got going.

Should we skip there or keep talking?

Also, the poll seems be complete. At the end of all this, the public will find out about Investiture, and we'll be having a longer timeskip - 15-20 years into the future - to when our kids, should our characters choose to have any, are teenagers like most of us are now IC. Don't worry if you were one of those who didn't want that; you can retire your character (or kill them off :ph34r:) and write a new one (or leave), or you can write an older version of your same character.

I'll put up a new poll with questions about TKND Season Two (name tbd) soon!

Edit: Poll is up!

Edited by AonEne

"We can think of some good arguments later."

Shana thought about the topic.

"But it's hard. I don't agree at all."

@I think I am here.

I'm good to timeskip.

And that's how the dough on the stick looks like:

Spoiler

1024271-420x280-fix-stockbrot.jpg.4ef65752e040098f6bd78f99f5fc3c4a.jpg

It's this typical "late at night sitting around a fire thing. The dough is often a bit similar to a pizza dough and if you mess it up it's black on the outside and still raw on the inside. But if you manage to bake it through it's great.

@AonEne

Edited by Sorana

7 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

When we do the big timeskip, Leona is most likely going to stay single and be the "cool aunt".

I can see Ben and Shana have some children. I like that a lot. To play the next generation.

But given our pace at the moment, it will take us a while to rp the prom and to finish the Sha Theoxis plot, so we have some time to figure the next era out.

11 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

I thought up some stuff about a civil war plot today while I was riding the bus. 

I'll share it in the PM.

What happens next depends a lot on how the plot turns out. I am not getting my hopes up about any particular plot idea.

5 hours ago, Karger said:

Most of the cast is either involved with the Evelyn plot, or out shopping for lunch stuff with James. (Which will be followed, by of course- lunch, and a group intervention.) So in conclusion- I don't think there are many people left in the house:ph34r:

8 hours ago, BookishOcelot said:

also ready for timeskip. (to prom)

When we do the big timeskip, Leona is most likely going to stay single and be the "cool aunt".

Oof, rip Lid.

Flid didn't hear them, he just stared at all the shelves in shock. There's so much...

Edited by Emperor Stick

19 hours ago, Hope Spren said:

Probably just skip there. Unless Cassie wants to warn Evelyn about Sha-theoxis.

Heh, Cass doesn't know enough about Sha-theoxis to warn. Sorry :P

19 hours ago, Sorana said:

And that's how the dough on the stick looks like:

Hide contents

1024271-420x280-fix-stockbrot.jpg.4ef65752e040098f6bd78f99f5fc3c4a.jpg

It's this typical "late at night sitting around a fire thing. The dough is often a bit similar to a pizza dough and if you mess it up it's black on the outside and still raw on the inside. But if you manage to bake it through it's great.

I need to suggest this to my parents sometime!

8 minutes ago, Emperor Stick said:

Flid didn't hear them, he just stared at all the selves in shock. There's so much...

THERE ARE SO MANY FLIDS AHHHH

*and thus Lid dies slowly* *while Benana flourishes, as it should*

About the poll: first, Per, why did you want me to riot, second, Dapper, do you actually think we should have unlimited KR or were you picking it for the joke (because honestly that's mostly why I put it there but if you wanna be serious we can do that too)? Third, BookishOcelot, what name do you suggest?

I went through my pockets for money to tip the Uber guy, then waved goodbye. Turning around, I threw out my hands and announced, "Well, here's home," with a grin in Evelyn's direction.

7 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

“All right guys" James said, "Let's divide and conquer" he began pointing. "Flid and I will get the Hot dogs and buns" he said, "Shana and Ben will get marshmallows and stuff, and Rob will get condiments."

“Okay,” Rob said, hopping out of the car and going towards the store. When he entered, a cashier greeted him but he remained walking, face neutral, to where e thought the condiments were being kept.

He ended up looking at the confectionary section.

Making sure to look at the signs for what each isle held this time, Rob looked again for the condiments. Condiments were easy, right? They weren’t too hard to find, right?

He turned a corner and he was back at confectionary. What?

Finally, despite his Stoneward ideals, he had to cave in and ask a person who worked there. “Condiments,” he simply said, and the employee pointed him to where he wanted to go.

Finally, at last, he reached the condiments. Now, which ones to pick? Ketchup? Mayonnaise? Mustard?

Thade's metal-soled shoes clicked softly on the hard linoleum floor as he paced in front of the door to the Council chamber. He hummed to Excitement as he paced, then to Annoyance, then to Irritation. What was taking them so long? 

Impatient, hummed Sha-thoexis in the back of his mind. Thade had to agree.
They'd been in there for over an hour already, debating and discussing the topic at hand; the impending invasion of Seattle. It should not have taken as long as it already had. While it was true that Enlightened did not get along well with one another (that was why they were losing) such was true only of the lower ranks (for the most part). The Council- made entirely of Fifth Fusions- could easily take care of something as simple as saying "go".
And that was all they had to do, really. He would take care of the rest from there, concentrating Sha-thoexis to a density far beyond what that location had ever seen before. The Radiants, unprepared for such an onslaught, would be devastated- to an even greater extent than what had been seen at the Colorado house. The few that didn't fall immediately would be too distracted to mount any resistance to the army of Voidbringers that would sweep through shortly thereafter.
Maybe it's that- the army, he thought. Getting a bunch of Voidbringers to work together was sure to be no easy task, even if the Council had done it all before. Yes, that's probably it. They were rather redundant, of course, if all went as planned- but he could hardly blame the Council for being cautious. 
All at once, the doorknob turned. Thade stopped and turned expectantly as the door swung open to reveal a red-and-black figure covered in carapace. That would be Sheln- one of the Council members, and, incidentally, also a close friend of his. Strangely enough, Sha-thoexis seemed almost... upset by his appearance. Strange, he thought, and filed it away for later.
"Sheln!" he called out, taking a step towards him. "How did the meeting go?"
Sheln paused halfway through the doorway for a second, then responded. "Fine." He closed the door and turned away without meeting Thade's eyes.
Guilt, whispered Sha-thoexis.
"Is the army giving you trouble again? Fights between officers, that sort of thing?" 
Sheln shook his head, humming Confusion for a brief second. "No."
Thade tilted his head, "Really? Nothing?"
"No more than there ever is. Why?" 
Thade ignored the question. "Did something else go wrong, then?"
"N-nothing's gone wrong." Sheln took a step back from Thade, a nervous look on his face. "Why w-would you think that?"
Fear, whispered Sha-thoexis.
Thade raised his eyebrow. "You were taking quite a long time in there."
Sheln swallowed. "Really? It didn't seem-"
Thade sighed to Annoyance. "You've been in there for three hours, Sheln. Even for the Council, that's unusually long."
"Really? How time flies." Sheln laughed nervously and started inching towards the elevator at the end of the corridor. "But I really must get going. Appointments, paperwork, meetings... you know how it is-"
"Don't give me that, Sheln. If you can spare the time to set up sprenrials to keep me from listening in, you can spare the time to tell me what happened." He folded his arms and hummed to Irritation. "What are you so worried about?"
Sheln paused for a second, opened his mouth, closed it again, turned towards the end of the hallway, then slumped his shoulders.
"It's off," he said quietly to Supplication.
Thade frowned. "What's off?"
"The attack. On Seattle. I... I'm sorry."
There was a pause.
"What?" sputtered Thade. "How- why?"
Anger, hummed Sha-thoexis.
Sheln turned around to face him, sighing hollowly. "The others decided it was too dangerous."
"Dangerous how? Haven't I already proven I'm powerful enough?" He took a step towards Sheln. "I told you, Seattle's going to be even easier! They don't have enough preparation, they don't have formal guards, they don't even have that many combat fabrials. How could they possibly resist an attack?"
Sheln exhaled. "You know Demeshi's plan?"
"The seedstones? Yeah... but I told you before, those won't work. They're too expensive, and they hurt us almost as much as the hurt the enemy. And the risk..." A thought came to him "You're not using that idea, are you?"
Sheln winced. "No, not exactly. Well, you see... we already did."
Thade was taken aback. "What? When?"
"The day before you attacked the house. It... didn't go so well." Sheln coughed. "We lost six. Three Firsts, two Seconds-disguised, of course- and Demeshi herself. The seedstone is no longer drawing power, either, so presumably it's been destroyed." He hummed briefly to the Rhythm of the Lost. "A disaster, in every respect."
Thade folded his arms and attuned Skepticism. "What does that have to do with me?"
Sheln was silent.
Thade's eyes widened. "Oh. Oh no. Not that?"
Sheln's expression told him all he needed to know.
While the idea that Seattle and it's people were protected somehow was a common belief among the Enlightened, it was frankly ridiculous. Sha-thoexis might be weaker there, it was true, but he was certain that was because the third perpendicularity was somewhere inside of it. He couldn't be a hundred percent certain it was there, but he was pretty sure. He'd explained that to the Council! And they'd believed him!

He growled, pinning Sheln with a hostile glare. "I would have thought that the Council would be above petty superstition. Especially you.

Sheln seemed to wither before Thade's angry stare. "I... that's not the only reason. There's something else. A large group -Outsiders, we think- but nothing like we've ever seen before... " he swallowed. "And they've made contact with the Radiants. The Council is forbidding attacks on either until we know more about the situation."

Truth, whispered Sha-thoexis.

Thade sighed, and turned away from the singer gloomily. He couldn't really argue with that. It was just- he'd been so excited for this attack. Over half of the Radiants lived in Seattle; a blow there would be devastating. It could completely turn the tide of the war!
But with one blow, Demeshi had undone everything. The Council was too scared to attack now. His only hope was the Outsiders, and that a slim one; if the Council decided they were too powerful, they would have no choice but to come down on them with all the power they could draw upon. But even that was unlikely; the Council would far rather use a ghost team than an army.
It's this dratted superstition, he thought. If only he could convince the others that there was no phantom protection over Seattle. If only...
But might it be possible?
"No attacks," he muttered, mostly to himself.
And then, all of a sudden, an idea hit.
He turned to Sheln, who had been inching down the corridor while he had been lost in thought. "Sheln!" he cried out, his eyes alight with a new glow. "How hard would it be to capture a Radiant from Seattle?"
Sheln jumped, then frowned. "Pretty hard, but not impossible. I'd have to catch them on their own, or without Stormlight."
Thade smiled. "With no attacks, what are you willing to bet that they'll get complacent?"
Sheln nodded slightly, his frown lessening. "True... but why do you want one?"
Thade's smile widened. "Because, dear Sheln, I have a plan."
With that, he left.

I may post a TL;DR later.

Edited by xinoehp512

Ok, I do think we shouldn't put a restriction on the number of Knights from each order. It makes more sense and doesn't force people to write a certain type of character based on what's open at the time.

Jamie hopped on her bike and pulled out into traffic. She quickly located the Uber car and pulled alongside it. As they pulled to a stop at an intersection, Jamie peered through the tinted window, glimpsing two shadowed figures. Something's going on here. she thought as she pulled out into the intersection. First Jamie herself had shown up, then Evelyn on the next day. Not to mention the dream. She would have to ask Doc if it was always so chaotic here. 

~~~

Doc stepped out of his study, cocking his head at the lack of ambient chaos. "Either I was in there for far too long or the kids've gone out." he quipped to himself, walking down the stairs to the armory. Among the weapons, training dummies and spent shell casings was a single bookshelf. On it lie a number of nondescript black books with titles like: Mastering the art of the spear. or Advanced Marksmenship: A guide. Doc selected a large volume titled: The Art of Shardwielding. and took it back upstairs, setting it on the table. Then he sat back. And waited.

4 hours ago, AonEne said:

I went through my pockets for money to tip the Uber guy, then waved goodbye. Turning around, I threw out my hands and announced, "Well, here's home," with a grin in Evelyn's direction.

"That's a house? But it's so big! Please tell me there's a library. With a place that big, there has to be a library, right? If not, then I will create one book by book. Uh . . . I mean, if that's okay . . ." Evelyn had gotten out of the car, and was now standing next to Cassie, staring in awe at the house. It must be over six times the size of her house. A place like that was sure to have a library, right? She had already read the books she had brought with her several times over.

Edited by Hope Spren

6 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Edwin got out of the car and followed the rest to the entrance. Then he started looking around.

Shana waved at Edwin.

"Do you want to come with us?"

She asked and smiled at him.

"No need to stand around on your own?"