AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Karger said:

Luther complied immediately

As the liquid stone was lashed upwards Rob solidified it, creating a large and very tall wall.

“We can use for defense,” he said as he made handholds and began to climb up the wall. When he was at the top he made large rocks out of the wall’s stone and threw them down on the enemy.

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

No idea. 

1 hour ago, Karger said:

"If they are spren then the subscribe to the uncertainty principle." 

If we can define them we can know them if we know them we can beet them!"

Where is he? He wasn't dreaming last I checked. 

Jamie stopped shooting. They're coming for me. Maybe this is like the waves and I have to face them....

She slowly walked up to one of them, holding out her hand. It came closer almost touching her hand. Jamie took a step forward, making contact. The horrible whispers raced into her head once again. Jamie gritted her teeth, "Not this time, bastard! I am above your petty whispers, your attacks in dreams. Nothing you do can change that!" Jamie grabbed the creature with her other hand, imagining it exploding into light. Its figure glowed brightly for a split second, then was gone. 

"I think we're done here." Jamie muttered, firing a single shot into the air. The other creatures froze, then disintegrated into dust.

The dust from the thousands upon thousands of creatures mixed together and rose up in a black cloud. The whispers became louder and louder as the sky darkened.

Draug cried out and ran for Jamie, struggling against the mental pressure of Sha-thoexis. He would not let her fall. He would not let her fall!

9 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Not this time, bastard!"

*cough* Maybe don't say that word, people can find it offensive *cough*

Same goes for the Lord's name, just putting that out there.

Edited by AonEne

I disagree with that policy of the Shard's. I think if you ban some cursing, you should ban all cursing, but that's up to the admins. This, while not being completely up to me, is something I have some influence over. I'm going to at least ask people not to.

Edited by AonEne

I'd like to point out that her swearing is sort of an important part of the scene. She's under quite a bit of stress

Jamie heaved an enormus sigh, glaring at the black cloud. "I said we're done here." she slammed back against the pressure with everything she had. The whispers seemed to retreat as if in fear. "You won't have me today, my unrelenting friend." Jamie grunted, giving a final push. 

Well, there are a few problems with that. First off 'You cremling' doesn't sound as good. Secondly, I've had her using 'Rusts' from the start. But they also use Earthlike swearwords on Scadrial. 

It just fits well in the scene and Jamie is the kind of person who swears in situations like this. Not doing that goes somewhat against her character. 

I can understand her being the type of person who swears, and yes, Earth curses exist, but I think we should keep this family-friendly. It's more of an OOC reason than an IC one.

I say ignore or mentally filter what others say if it comes up and fits with the character, but unless in intense situations like this one, do your best to avoid swearing? Is that a good compromise?

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

Whilst I agree with and somewhat understand your side, @AonEne, I also agree with @Dr. Dapper- It would be incredibly in character for Jamie to say that, and using a cosmere substitute would lower the emotional impact of the scene. (I might also add that the curses the Shard doesn't censor are the ones Brandon himself already uses)

Now you might think its a bit hypocritical of me to say this, since James uses mostly cosmere/WoT curses, it is entirely within his character to censor himself with book swears. It's part of what makes him goofy and eccentric.

I also think Lith makes a good compromise though.

10 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I know your reasons are personal, and-heck- I even agree with you on not condoning or using profanity. I'm not attempting to disparage or invalidate your opinion- that's not my intent in the slightest. The only reason I bring up Brandon is the fact that, given where we are, you've read books that use this language, and obviously still like them enough to have joined a fansite devoted to his work. Once again- not trying to condescend or anything. I still think that we should look for a compromise of a solution. There's not much to be said for not speaking up for your beliefs, but there's not much to be said for foisting it upon others without reaching a solution that is mutually beneficial for both parties involved. 

What a discussion... I can only speak for myself here, but in general I try to avoid non-cosmere curses and knowing you are uncomfortable with them I'll take extra care, Ene.

Shana stared in awe as the Strangers turned to dust and then seemed to attack Jamie. It was strange, as if there was another fight going on. Unsure what to do, she stayed close to Ben, in case the returned.