AonEne

Gratefully Shana grabbed some of the sphere's Ben had summoned and inhaled. The storm filled her and she felt elated and free. The Strangers, she called them like that in her head, continued to come, they would be here soon, very soon. Shana held her weapon tighter and prepared for their arrival.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stared at these people who were not our neighbors approaching and looked around for a weapon.

How does Cohesion work again? All I can remember is Tension, and the Coppermind doesn't seem to know.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

I stared at these people who were not our neighbors approaching and looked around for a weapon.

That's because nobody knows;). Also there's that whole OB Stormfather debacle creating some considerable confusion as to which surge is which. Bondsmiths have Tension and Adhesion though, Brandon has said that scene is inaccurate.

So basically all we know for sure is that Willshapers can teleport, and even with that the specifics are uncertain. I should've picked a different Radiant...but then her personality wouldn't've worked...well. Guess I'll do what I can. :P

Seeing a piece of debris from our burning house - it's just a dream, don't think about it - I picked it up and hefted it. Rebar. I wasn't sure I had attacking people who looked like humans with a melee weapon in me; wouldn't I feel every hit? But to help the others, to be useful for once, I'd try.

Oh, ok. My mistake then 

Edwin looked at the people getting closer. They looked so real, so normal, their eyes were black but aside from that, he couldn't have spotted them in a crowd. Knowing this was an attack, that it had chosen normal people to hurt them. It was sickening.

He wished Twinkle was there. Maybe if he...? He tried reaching for her, extended a hand in front of him, and there she was, standing on his palm. "What took you so long?" she said. He had to make an effort not to cry.

"Sorry about..." No. No time for that, there were more pressing matters. He was going to be useful this time, enough of waiting. Enough of failing. "Would you...?" he looked at her pleadingly. "You know I can't do that." she answered. Well, no shardblade then. He tried the same as Flid and James. A weapon. A weapon. Suddenly he had a naginata on his hands. He grinned.

"Must everything you do be related to videogames?"

"Only half of it." he replied and prepared himself.

Shana watched them come closer and then they were there. It was almost unreal to see them move, come closer and closer until - with a scream she lifted her bladed staff and ran one of the through. It moved strangely, more like she'd expected some undead to move, and so she whirled her staff around again, cut his head off.

Shana made sure to stick to her place, to not leave the row. If one of them opened a gap - there were so many of them. With a scream she focused on her next enemy, adrenaline pushing her forward, stormlight let her move fast and strong. She could do this. She wouldn't disappoint them again.

@I think I am here.

@Wyndlerunner

@Eluvianii

@AonEne

@Lunamor

@Dr. Dapper

@xinoehp512

@Karger

@sryifIforgotyou, everybodyelse

Rob saw Shana attack and he repeated the motion, charging into one of them and throwing them to the ground. Inhaling some stormlight he thumped the ground with his feet, and a large area of the stone in front of him turned liquid, trapping a long row of enemies.

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

How does Cohesion work again? All I can remember is Tension, and the Coppermind doesn't seem to know.

Cohesion is the liquid rock thing. Liquify things like clay and make them solid.

Ben backed to the very center of Radiants and nervously summoned a blade similar to Glint’s usual shardblade form. He didn’t know what he would do with it if the attackers breached the circle, but he didn’t intend to go down without a fight. Seeing Shana and Rob inhale some of the stormlight, he replenished their supply, then added some more for good measure. 

Following Shana's lead, James ran into the fray, quarterstaff in a primarily defensive stance. "For Frodo!" he cried out, and went to work. Swinging the quarterstaff from foe to foe. Some never rose again, but in the chaos of the fight, others escaped.

Time for ultraviolence. Edwin swung the naginata horizontally, trying to keep Them away. They didn't offer much resistance, but didn't stop either. Keeping them at bay seemed like the only thing to do, anything more aggresive would probably end badly. Like you knew anything about fighting. He hoped they could keep that until their numbers depleted, surely there couldn't be an infinite number of them. Right?

Draug swung his Saeblade through enemy after enemy, their black eyes burning and shriveling even as their corpses dissolved into black smoke. He could hear the whispers distinctly now, although they were still quite faint. He began cutting his way towards Jamie, who the people- no, the monsters- seemed to be focusing on.

Is she alright? he wondered, worried. Her face was turned away from him, so he couldn't see what her response to the onslaught was. She was still standing on two feet, though, which was a probably a good sign.

I hope she doesn't fall, he thought, worried. He'd seen it happen before- it wasn't pretty.

Jamie eyed the black-eyed figures shuffling towards her. She vaguely recognized some of them. "So I can use whatever weapon I want?" she asked, grinning, "Cool." It was time to show off a little. She thrust out her hand and metallic light echoed out around her. As she steppted into stance, the light snapped into a perfect replica of the Emperor revolver. 

Jamie spun the rovolver in one hand before pulling back the hammer and firing. The bullet slammed into a black-eye, dropping her in an instant. Jamie squeezed the trigger again, blasting a second to the ground. "This is great!" she cried, shooting creature after creature.

Shana saw their circle dissipate within seconds. Radiants charging into their attackers, others staying closer to her. They needed to train, to fight together. They were a bunch of individuals and that could get them killed.

Almost thoughtlessly she killed another Stranger and then let herself fall back, closer to Ben.

"Come back! We need to stay together, protect each others back!"

She shouted, although it was useless by now. The Strangers were many and while they were wrecking havoc more and more came. A dream it was a dream. They seemed to focus on Jamie but there were so many. Shana centered herself, concentrated, focused. She killed another one, but then another two managed to come close enough that her weapon was useless. Slickening herself she wiggled out of their grip, at least for a short while. The stormlight was there, pulsing ready. She'd only need to grasp it, to hold it, to use it. She cut open the stomach on a woman and felt  another hand grab her arm. Use it. Her eyes flicked to Ben, to Rob, to the others. Fight for them, not for herself, not for fun, but for them. Her smile vanished and her face turned earnest when she almost gently placed a hand on the one gripping her arm. It was so easy. For Abrasion she had to concentrate but Division was hers. It was a thought that set him aflame, that ripped his flesh apart until s blackened corpse fell to the ground next to her. Inhaling again she turned to the next enemy, wondered how many there were, how much more were to come. I will fight for them. She repeated for herself and then cut another head of, burnt another one to the bones.

Rob turned and forced his head away and Shana turned an enemy to a crisp. He didn’t think of her as a destroyer, not at all. He just felt a little uneasy every time he saw a charred piece of bone on the ground. That could have been him, a thought whispered, but he shook it away. Shana would never do that to him.

Stomping forward, he created a large pool of liquid stone in front of him.

“Some one with Gravitation!” He shouted.

“Lash this liquid stone upwards, I can solidify it into a wall.”

9 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Some one with Gravitation!” He shouted.

“Lash this liquid stone upwards, I can solidify it into a wall.”

Luther complied immediately

Edited by Karger