AonEne

Jame watched the two kiss for a second, then glanced at Cassie. A slight blush tinged her cheeks, then quickly disappeared. 

Oh rusts. I haven't blushed in years. Not since I was like, 12.

~~~

Doc sat on the ground, contemplating the dream. If he concentrated, he could feel the Connection James had made. It was amazing. 

"Do you think we could replacate this?" he asked the Stormfather

Surely. You have training in the Surges. Far more than he does. 

Doc nodded, mentally probing the collective dream.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben let himself follow James reluctantly. He didn't want to leave Shana, but knew that she would follow right behind. Once he appeared in James’s head, he took a look around. He jumped when he saw the burning house.

”Um, anyone know why the house is on fire? And should we put it out?”

Edited by Lunamor

Shana felt Ben vanish and almost hastily grapped the thing pulling at her. She felt a bit sick when reality shifted this time, but it was better than loosing Ben a second time. She arrived just in time to hear his question and guiltily made a vague gesture with her hands.

"Because I set it aflame."

@Lunamor

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana felt Ben vanish and almost hastily grapped the thing pulling at her. She felt a bit sick when reality shifted this time, but it was better than loosing Ben a second time. She arrived just in time to hear his question and guiltily made a vague gesture with her hands.

"Because I set it aflame."

@Lunamor

Ben glanced at Shana, glad she had made it back.

“Oh.”

He paused, feeling a bit awkward.

”Well, it’s just a dream house, so no harm done!”

He smiled in what he hoped was an encouraging way. 

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Ben glanced at Shana, glad she had made it back.

“Oh.”

He paused, feeling a bit awkward.

”Well, it’s just a dream house, so no harm done!”

He smiled in what he hoped was an encouraging way. 

Shana quiety took his hand again, feeling terrible. Ben was right it was only a dream. But it had felt so real, so true.

"I hope it is. It's not a normal dream."

9 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana quiety took his hand again, feeling terrible. Ben was right it was only a dream. But it had felt so real, so true.

"I hope it is. It's not a normal dream."

Ben gently squeezed her hand.

”Based on what I’ve seen so far, nothing here is really permanent or real.”

He thought of Shana, just standing there as her death slowly approached. Him, watching, unable to do a thing about it, to warn her, to save her. He thought of the black blade dissolving into smoke, drifting higher and higher, vanishing into the nothingness but its presence still there...

Ben shuddered. He had to remind himself that is wasn’t real, that it hadn’t actually happened. It hadn’t seemed like that in the moment, though. It was difficult to banish that memory. It wouldn’t quit clawing its way to the surface of his mind, shoving away all other thoughts.

”If the things that happened in this place were true, then you would have remembered my dream.”

He didn’t go into the specifics.

Edited by Lunamor

The silver mist spun about aimlessly over and around the threads of gold that crisscrossed through the air. This particular circumstance was nothing like anything this Unmade had ever faced before. Magic users from other places were usually wise enough to stay away from the places that the Unmade covered, and nothing else would persuade her to come into an area so heavily protected. Those who resided in this sheltered location were unaware of the unique opportunity they had been given. She may be strong enough to awaken the dreams of those who lay sleeping, but she was not strong enough to ward off their advances against her.

Of course, that wouldn't always be the case. The Radiants had a few more weeks, true, but the timer had started ticking...
Miles away in Colorado, an oath snapped. Then another.
Sha-thoexis moved mindlessly towards the golden strands, some unknown instinct driving her. The mist mixed...
All at once, Draug felt something. He shivered. Sha-thoexis was gone, wasn't she? Even if not, surely she couldn't attack them. That would be the same as attacking herself.
All the same, he was wary. This dream was as much anyone else's as it was his, so the signs might be different. He watched the nearby house with unease. Were those flames burning brighter?
"It might not be as easy as that," he said, turning to respond to Rob's question. "This is still a dream; you can't just command yourself to wake up." @I think I am here.
A cracking noise came from the ruins. Draug spun around just in time to see the ruins of the house finally give into the flames and collapse. He took a step backward. "Guys..." he said, nervously.
Suddenly, the door to the house next door opened, and a woman stepped out. All down the street, similar things were happening at other houses, the inhabitants stepping out onto their doorsteps. Slowly and deliberately, they turned to look at the party.
Their eyes were completely black.
Draug gasped. "She's attacking."

18 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Draug gasped. "She's attacking."

Shana whirled around, saw the stranger walk towards them, their eyes black. Ben, he she needed to protect him. Her fingers tightened around his a last time, then she stepped back. Hastily she looked around, and there it was, her weapon. She picked it up, her fingers closing around the wood. A smile touched her face at the familiar sensation. She could do this, James was right. She had to think about why she was fighting, what she was doing here. Her eyes touched to others, Draug, maybe he could fight. James was a no, Edwin, maybe, Doc surely, Cassie maybe, Ben no. She didn't doubt, that they all could fight if they had to, they were Knights Radiant as she herself. They all fought, they all would try to protect this world. It was the way they did it, that was different. She would fight for them, to give those that prefered to stay back, the opportunity to do so and she would happily stand next to those that decided to join her.

Turning around she offered a hand to Rob, to help him get to his feet.

"Side by side?"

she asked and looked back to the strangers.

"I think we could be pretty devastating."

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

11 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“Side by side?"

she asked and looked back to the strangers.

"I think we could be pretty devastating."

Rob accepted her hand and stood up, looking at the woman with the dark eyes from a distance.

“I agree,” he said, and cracked his knuckles. Looking ahead, he readied himself. He didn’t know what fighting an Unmadewouls be like, but he had to trust it was possible.

“Shana,” he said quietly, standing next to her. His eyes remained focused on the monster. “What you saw in the cellar, with the fire. That’s not what I think of you. Not at all.”

He looked back at the Radiants. “Everybody ready?”

8 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Shana,” he said quietly, standing next to her. His eyes remained focused on the monster. “What you saw in the cellar, with the fire. That’s not what I think of you. Not at all.”

"You are my friend Rob."
she replied quietly as well, so glad over his words, that he wasn't afraid of her, that he didn't see her as a monster.
"I was so afraid I'd ruined it all. Let's rock this."

1 minute ago, Emperor Stick said:

"Wait, we don't have any weapons, do we?"

“We can control the dream,” Rob said. “I think that is not an issue.”

40 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"You are my friend Rob."
she replied quietly as well, so glad over his words, that he wasn't afraid of her, that he didn't see her as a monster.
"I was so afraid I'd ruined it all. Let's rock this."

Turning back to Shana he nodded, and looked to the creature. “Do we wait for it to attack first?” He asked.

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Turning back to Shana he nodded, and looked to the creature. “Do we wait for it to attack first?” He asked.

"We have to. If we move forward - they are more than us. We need to form a triangle, or circle, depends on how many we are, around those who won't fight."

Which was James and maybe someone else. They couldn't let them get hurt, because they rushed off again. That was a lesson she'd learned today. She smiled at Flid.

"You join us, I see? That's good. We need every sword."

Doc got to his feet, popping his knuckles one by one. Squinting at the black-eyed civilians, he realized that none of them were his actual neighbors. He bellowed a laugh in their direction. "Very inaccurate, this Unmade!"

~~~

Jamie felt a tugging sensation. Something important was happening where the others were. 

How do I know that? Rusts! she took a step, the dreamscape bluring around her. "You know," she began as soon as she appeared with the others, "It's like you're inside a long exposure photo." Jamie's grin disapppeared as she noticed the group of black-eyed neighbors spilling out of the other houses. "Um..." 

The Stormfather can feel broken oaths, can't he?

@Dr. Dapper

Draug heard Doc yelling about how the Unmade was inaccurate and frowned. The faces of these people should be from the Radiant's memories- there was no possible way for them to be inaccurate.

No time to think about that now, he thought as the tide of black-eyed people advanced slowly towards them. There seemed to be more of them than could possibly have been there. Was it just him, or was the street getting bigger?
Probably both, he thought, as he noticed Jamie appear out of the corner of his eye. I'll have to watch out for her, he thought, feeling a spike of concern. She's the one most at risk from all of this.
Already he was beginning to hear the whispers faintly, even though the horde was still many yards away. By this point, Jamie would be able to hear them easily. It would only get worse as the dream progressed- although, hopefully, not as bad as it would be outside of Seattle.

Looking at the dream monsters, James smirked. "Unfortunately for you, there are ways to fight without fighting" He began to glow with Stormlight afire in him, and walked up to where the others were standing. "Time to dance with Jak' O the Shadows" he whispered.

Ben nervously took a step backwards from the monsters and the collapsed house. He knew that he would only get in the way of those fighting, so he did the only thing he could. He summoned several large bags stuffed to the brim with glowing gemstones, to heal anyone if they were hurt. He didn’t know what getting injured in this place would do to their actual bodies, but he wasn’t taking any chances.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" Doc murmured quietly, "Time to toss the dice." he thrust his hand out to his side and concentrated. Light flickered there, forming into something. The glow brightened, bathing Doc in light. When it faded, Doc was holding an Ashandarei which glowed with a soft yellow light. 

This is... different. What did you do? 

Doc shrugged,

"What felt right."