AonEne

15 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"Are you...okay?" 

"That's a real debate at this point."

MEEEEEEEEEEEE

I swear this is one of the most depressing scenes to exist :P

So, I can try to rope Ben and Cass into the main group.

I cried, quietly, in this nothingness that mirrored me for a few minutes. But that would never help anything, so eventually I stood and began walking. Where? I didn't know, and it didn't seem to matter. Until I saw something - someone - in the distance; then I started making my way toward them.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I cried, quietly, in this nothingness that mirrored me for a few minutes. But that would never help anything, so eventually I stood and began walking. Where? I didn't know, and it didn't seem to matter. Until I saw something - someone - in the distance; then I started making my way toward them.

Is Cassie going towards Ben?

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Ok, thanks.

Ben felt... something enter the nothingness. He reluctantly turned his head- well, whatever looking a different place would be called- in the direction of the disturbance. He saw another point of light, one that seemed to be slowly getting larger. He moved towards it for a while, and it got bigger faster. Ben could have sworn that it faintly resembled a person. Evil or good, he didn’t care. Anything would be better than his terrible situation. He stopped, however, once he got too far from Shana. He didn’t want to leave her.

17 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Finally reaching the other person, I realized it was Ben. "Hey," I called, a bit of relief entering my tone. "Ben!"

“Cassie?”

Ben hesitantly asked, surprised that he could hear his voice. He looked downwards, and jumped when he saw his hand. He waved it in front of him, eyes wide.

”Hold on just a moment, please...”

He ran back in the direction where Shana had been. Coming to the place, he skidded to a stop. There was no sign of her or her attacker. Resting on the ground was the dark blade the Voidbringer had been wielding. It just sat there, innocently, like it hadn’t just moments ago been about to murder Shana. He slowly reached his hand towards it, feeling an overwhelming curiosity. Ben felt like he needed to wield that weapon, to hold its power. But then he jerked his hand back, holding it at his side. Had he really been about to touch the thing? As soon as he drew his arm back, the blade puffed into black smoke, lazily drifting upwards until it was out of sight. Had his rapid motion disturbed it somehow? He shivered, not wanting to know what that thing had been.

After writing this I now realize how similar to Nightblood it is... oh well :P

I followed after Ben cautiously. "Are...you okay?" Maybe not the best question to ask, since I myself am clearly not.

Edited by AonEne
grammar mistake, gasp

8 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I followed after Ben cautiously. "Are...you okay?" Maybe not the best question to ask, since I myself am clearly not.

Ben turned towards Cassie, hoping that she hadn’t seen the strange smoke.

”I, um, think so? Probably?”

He waved his hand in front of his face again to make sure that it was still there.

Edited by Lunamor
Extra stuffs

17 hours ago, Sorana said:

“It's the Unmade. She initiated the nightmares and you were dead, and I killed you, and Ben left me and I killed them all."

She tried to explain.

"I simply walked into the house, so maybe we can walk out again? Back to James?"

Rob moved to the side and suddenly she realized how it had to look. Hastily she stepped back a bit.

"I didn't want to, you know, I simply wanted to, I didn't -"

"It's not what it looks like. I'm with Ben, or I was, I don't know. It confuses me. All of this."

“Nightmares.” Rob said, nodding. That made sense. This was just a nightmare. But that meant Shana was in his mind, could see what he felt, and Rob hated that, that they could see his emotions.

But, Shana said she had killed everyone in her nightmare. That let Rob see what she feared.

“I guess we can just walk out then,” he said, walking forwards. He turned back to her and tilted his head.

“Yeah, you’re with Ben. You still are, I think.” He hadn’t thought much of the hug. He hadn’t been hugged in a while, and he’d sort of needed it after being set on fire.

Edited by I think I am here.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“Nightmares.” Rob said, nodding. That made sense. This was just a nightmare. But that meant Shana was in his mind, could see what he felt, and Rob hated that, that they could see his emotions.

But, Shana said she had killed everyone in her nightmare. That let Rob see what she feared.

“I guess we can just walk out then,” he said, walking forwards. He turned back to her and tilted his head.

“Yeah, you’re with Ben. You still are, I think.” He hadn’t thought much of the hug. He hadn’t been hugged in a while, and he’d sort of needed it after being set on fire.

Shana climbed out of the cellar, quickened her steps to follow him out of the house, back to the others. She felt like she should explain, but Rob seemed alright, apart from the fact that she had been his nightmare, that her flames had covered his body. He'd let her hug him, but he had only stood there, done nothing, not even reacted to it. Like a child you allowed to grab your leg until it grew tired and went off to someplace else. She'd ruined it. He was her friend and she'd ruined it.

Unconciously she went back to hugging herself, wished that Ben was here. But he wasn't and she had no idea how to find him. Doc was standing there with the others, talking to them. She remembered the way he had looked at her, when he shut her out, remembered the way he had told her to leave. The nightmare mixed with her own memories as nightmares did sometimes, when they lingered after you had woken up. Feeling as if she walked towards her execution she rejoined the group, stood somewhere to the side. Not outside, but not really as if she belonged either.

For a moment she lifted her head, looked at James remembered how he'd told her, that she could be their most noble warrior - had it been noble? Something like that. It had felt good, he believed in her, but then her eyes rested on Rob for a moment and she looked to the ground again. She'd treasured their friendship, but maybe they'd never been friends in the first place. Or maybe nothing had changed for - no, she had been his nightmare. She had tortured him. He was afraid of her.

"Can we please search for Ben?"

She asked James, a pinch of desperation colouring her voice. Ben had to be alright, he had to. If something happened to Ben - he had to be alright.

@Wyndlerunner

24 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“Can we please search for Ben?"

She asked James, a pinch of desperation colouring her voice. Ben had to be alright, he had to. If something happened to Ben - he had to be alright.

So, if Ben and Cassie are in the Nothingness, I wonder how we could show that in this dream world? Maybe they’re in an dark forest or something?

Rob followed Shana to the group where he saw almost all of them. In the same dream? It was surreal, Rob could see the burning house. He looked to Shana and to James. “If this is a dream...” Rob said, thinking to his philosophy classes. He had never expected it to come to use. And even then, he looked down at his feet, the only sign of his nervousness.

“If this is dream, it means we can control it. Like how we can use our surges, but there is no stormlight. So, if we focus, we should be able to control this dream. Maybe control it enough to find Ben?” It might have been a stretch, but Rob saw how worried Shana was, and so a stretch was better than nothing.

9 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jason relaxed in the hug, his trembling slowly stopping. "I said them already... and I've said them again... Ax, I don't want to keep lying..." He didn't explain, he just left it at that for now.

"Yeah," Ax said. "You can stop. It's what the Oaths are about."

He snorted. "Hard to stop... I lie all the time. I'm always pretending to be happy, but I'm not unless I'm around you. It's not healthy, but I love knowing that I lie so well that no one can tell. It's life a performance- I'm acting all the time and people love my show... I don't want to go back to that place..." He grimaced, hugging himself and his spren as he leaned against Ax's chest. That tingled in a weird way. It felt almost like he'd hit on something important, but... he wasn't quite there. 

26 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

He snorted. "Hard to stop... I lie all the time. I'm always pretending to be happy, but I'm not unless I'm around you. It's not healthy, but I love knowing that I lie so well that no one can tell. It's life a performance- I'm acting all the time and people love my show... I don't want to go back to that place..." He grimaced, hugging himself and his spren as he leaned against Ax's chest. That tingled in a weird way. It felt almost like he'd hit on something important, but... he wasn't quite there. 

"Yeah," Ax said. "I'm sorry about that. But I know you can get better if you believe in yourself... which sounded really cheesy..." He grimaced. "Um, sorry again?" He smiled. 

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana climbed out of the cellar, quickened her steps to follow him out of the house, back to the others. She felt like she should explain, but Rob seemed alright, apart from the fact that she had been his nightmare, that her flames had covered his body. He'd let her hug him, but he had only stood there, done nothing, not even reacted to it. Like a child you allowed to grab your leg until it grew tired and went off to someplace else. She'd ruined it. He was her friend and she'd ruined it.

Unconciously she went back to hugging herself, wished that Ben was here. But he wasn't and she had no idea how to find him. Doc was standing there with the others, talking to them. She remembered the way he had looked at her, when he shut her out, remembered the way he had told her to leave. The nightmare mixed with her own memories as nightmares did sometimes, when they lingered after you had woken up. Feeling as if she walked towards her execution she rejoined the group, stood somewhere to the side. Not outside, but not really as if she belonged either.

For a moment she lifted her head, looked at James remembered how he'd told her, that she could be their most noble warrior - had it been noble? Something like that. It had felt good, he believed in her, but then her eyes rested on Rob for a moment and she looked to the ground again. She'd treasured their friendship, but maybe they'd never been friends in the first place. Or maybe nothing had changed for - no, she had been his nightmare. She had tortured him. He was afraid of her.

"Can we please search for Ben?"

@Wyndlerunner

"I was thinking just the same thing" James said. Then he froze. What was Rob saying?

"Actually- that might work." he said to Rob, "Searching with need." he added to himself. He looked to Shana, as he lit up with Stormlight. "Link hands with me, and focus on Ben." He proffered his hand.

@Sorana

19 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"I was thinking just the same thing" James said. Then he froze. What was Rob saying?

"Actually- that might work." he said to Rob, "Searching with need." he added to himself. He looked to Shana, as he lit up with Stormlight. "Link hands with me, and focus on Ben." He proffered his hand.

@Sorana

Shana took his hands.

"So I concentrate on him?"

She asked.