[OB]Why didn't Odium just turned everyone into stormform?

Arcoss

I am rereading the series now and don't remember an answer to that question, we saw what stormform can do. If all the parshman turned into it all humans would be dead within a week, so..why not?

Edited by Arcoss

Two reasons. First the singer needs to be willing to make the transformation, but once it's begun it can't be stopped. This is why the Stormfather tried to warn Eshonai... And why Eshonai later gathered up those unwilling to change. 

Second, and more importantly, the parshman then needed to be healed before they could take a form at all. 

Which is part of why I don't think the singers we see after the first storm were in a form at all. 

33 minutes ago, Karger said:

I think he means after the first everstorm why did he night just change all of the newly awakened parshmen into stormform.  My guess is lack of voidspren for the parshmen to bond.

Might be he doesn't have enough and he might not think they are ready yet. He seems to be preparing them longer term, using the humans at Thaylen Field and just having the Singers watch. 

I think I agree also perhaps they could not be trusted with it.  After all the bond only warps perceptions it does not create emotion where their is none.  The parshmen probably were not yet angry enough to try to create a storm and may have been scared enough to try and stop one.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why would he want them all to be in storm form? The purpose of storm form was to create the Everstorm, which they’ve already done. 

And I’m not convinced he actually wants to win the war. As the god of hatred, he is probably happy with a never-ending conflict. What he does want is to get out of whatever prison Honor trapped him and I don’t think outright winning will grant him that.  

15 hours ago, IntentAwesome said:

Why would he want them all to be in storm form? The purpose of storm form was to create the Everstorm, which they’ve already done. 

And I’m not convinced he actually wants to win the war. As the god of hatred, he is probably happy with a never-ending conflict. What he does want is to get out of whatever prison Honor trapped him and I don’t think outright winning will grant him that.  

Also good points.  I minor addition.  With more stormform people you could potentially make the everstorm stronger and faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing how Odium doesn't really seem very interested into creating a well-functioning society with justice, law-enforcement and parsh-rights, I don't think be really cares about the parshmen enough to turn them into a more powerful form. As Moash's chapters show, many Parshmen are just slaves, treated no better than Sadeas' bridgemen. There's really no reason to turn these into stormform-warriors, especially if they become less strong and steady that way (I think it was said that stormform was rather slender and limber and not as muscular as the Warrior-Form). It would be the equivalent of giving swords, full-body armor and horses to some force-conscripted peasants in the middle ages - it's a waste of ressources and a higher chance of successful mutiny.  

• Chaos locked this topic