Captain Marvel's place in the MCU

I came out of Captain Marvel just now. I loved it, but it got me thinking. How would she stand against the mcu's current most powerful heroes. I thought for 10 minutes and came up with a list of 5 characters to fight her. Tell me how you guys think she would fare against these characters?

Spoilers for guardians of the galaxy 2:

Spoiler

Vision (civil war)

Thor (axe)

Dr. Strange (no time stone)

Peter Quill (Guardians 2 climax)

Ultron (pre-final battle)

Vision- He’s crazy OP and has that flying through walls ability, so I think that he would defeat CM. It really depends on which stone gave Thanos the power to counteract it.

Thor- CM would win.

Dr. Strange- Depends if CM knows about the portals or not.

Peter Quill- CM would win. She could likely blast her way through his creations.

Ultron- CM, easily.

Cap. Marvel Spoilers

Spoiler

We have to remember she absorbed energy from an Infinity Stone, so that’s pretty powerful already. So I’d agree with Lunamor, most likely Vision would be the only one who could beat her partially because he gets his power from another Infinity Stone, partially becuase he’s got the whole thing embedded in him, not like he just absorbed some power from it.

8 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Cap. Marvel Spoilers

Hide contents

We have to remember she absorbed energy from an Infinity Stone, so that’s pretty powerful already. So I’d agree with Lunamor, most likely Vision would be the only one who could beat her partially because he gets his power from another Infinity Stone, partially becuase he’s got the whole thing embedded in him, not like he just absorbed some power from it.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Kinda like how Scarlet Witch got here powers from the mind stone, but doesn’t actually have it in her.

6 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:
  Hide contents

Well, what about Dr. Strange's mirror dimension? He could send her there. But since she was endowed with the tesseract's power, she might be able to escape.

Possibly... it all comes down to if she knows about his powers or not. It still takes him a couple of seconds to do the hand wavey thing, so if she knows what he is doing she can likely get to him before then and stop him.

9 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:
  Hide contents

Strange can also do his fist bump thing to put rings on his wrists. He can then use that to set up a shield. This gives plenty of time to summon any spell.

Maybe. It depends if CM has enough power to overload/shatter his shield. I think that she would. Also, can he affect things outside his shield while in it? If he can’t, then he would have to do the shield dropping handwavey stuff, then do the mirror dimension handwavey stuff, so I don’t know that it would work. I don’t know that you can just “ready” that particular spell, unlike the symbol things.

Edited by Lunamor

12 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:
  Hide contents

What did Ebony Maw do to his shield in NY again? I can’t remember.

No idea, but it probably had something to do with his magic. I personally think that they both use the same type of magic, so therefore are able to counteract each other’s powers.

Just now, Karger said:

I don't know how to do the hidden content thing

The Doc's powers are highly versatile I think given enough time to research he could find a way to beat CM

To do the hidden content thing, type [ spoiler ] Text [ /spoiler ] (but without the spaces)

2 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

I just click on the eye icon.

I am fancier.

Edit:

I am pretty sure (but not entirely) that CM could withstand a hit from Stormbreaker. And I doubt that Thor would be able to withstand one of her photon blasts.

Edited by Lunamor

7 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

I came out of Captain Marvel just now. I loved it, but it got me thinking. How would she stand against the mcu's current most powerful heroes. I thought for 10 minutes and came up with a list of 5 characters to fight her. Tell me how you guys think she would fare against these characters?

Spoilers for guardians of the galaxy 2:

Reveal hidden contents

Vision (civil war)

Thor (axe)

Dr. Strange (no time stone)

Peter Quill (Guardians 2 climax)

Ultron (pre-final battle)

I heard fighting!

Here's what I would say (Spoilers for most of the recent MCU movies)

Vision: Vision would go pretty even with her. I feel personally that this fight can go either way considering Danvers has combat training and is fast as hell, but it's more about whether she can fight around Vision's phasing.

Thor: With Stormbreaker and at the end of infinity war, Thor wins easily. Storm breaker cut through a blast from all the infinity stones and almost killed Thanos, I don't think captain marvel is stronger than thanos, one clean hit will take her out.

Dr. Strange: Without the time stone it's dependent on how the crimson bands of cittarak will effect her. They held down Thanos for a while (when he had the power stone) and Strange could trap Captain Marvel in the mirror dimension, however I think Captain Marvel wins this one 7/10 times.

Peter Quill: With Peter's godly powers it's going to be storming hard to kill him if he fully unlocked them, with just constructs and the power he displayed at the end of guardians 2, I'd say that Marvel wins again, the constructions won't do as much damage as that Kree fleet that she completely wiped out

Ultron: Even with his vibranium body, ultron gets absolutely bodied. This one's not even a contest.

With all of them together, I don't think Danvers would stand a chance. She's powerful but not as powerful as these five working together

• 2 weeks later...

I'm told by people who know Captain Marvel from the comics (which I freely admit that I don't) that she is supposed to be the strongest superhero of them all - at least in the comics. They say the reason is that she just absorbs whatever powers an enemy throws at her, and it continually makes her stronger and stronger.

No idea whether the MCU/movies will go this way, but it could happen. In her first movie, we saw her at the very beginning of her gathering power, and it did seem like she got stronger with each one of Ronan's bombs/ships that she took out.

Plus, in the "CM" movie it's all very new to her; she may not have known till that fight that she could absorb energy beyond that initial dose from Mar Vell's ship.

So the Carol Danvers we see in "Endgame" might be way, way beyond what we saw in "CM," since she's had time to learn and gather in power.

I'm glad we don't have long to wait!!