The Dragon Prince: Thoughts,

On 3/28/2019 at 9:24 AM, Wyndlerunner said:

Well, now that you say it, no you aren't the only one.

@Herowannabe Now I can't unsee it! Ironically enough, if Stormlight was animated I'd actually prefer Jack De Sena (Callum's VA, Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender) to voice Adolin, since he's clearly already mastered the role of cheesy older brother. 

On 3/28/2019 at 2:12 PM, Reckless Reader said:

Who do you think more deserves a redemption arc, Soren or Claudia?

Hm...I'd say Soren I guess. I should clarify that when you say "redemption arc," I see as "joining the Dragaang proper by the end of the show," and I think that'd work best for Soren. Claudia...as much as I love her and want to see her redeemed, I feel like her road is far more complicated, and she's bound to become a darker more complex character first. 

On 3/29/2019 at 0:23 PM, Jaywalk said:

Anyone else absolutely despise Rayla?

I definitely don't, but I think I understand why some people do. I just find her...not flat, sot to say; I can't nail down a really good arc for her in the future. For most other characters, I have an idea/theory of where they could go in future seasons. Rayla is FAR harder to predict, with the best things I can come up with are her dealing with the fact that not all elves are innocent in this war and want it to end (an arc I'm almost certain we'll see in Season 3 or 4), and maybe something to do with her parents (maybe Viren turned them into coins; maybe the elves actually covered up whatever happened by saying her parents were cowards; maybe something else happened). 

Overall I really like the show (it's one of my favorite shows out there right now) and I can't wait for Season 3. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2019 at 1:44 PM, Jaywalk said:

I ask again?

On 6/29/2019 at 5:14 AM, Wander89 said:

I'm sure there hasn't been an official release date yet. Only a poster:
vpu59sg.jpg

I kinda figured this'd be the case, but I honestly thought it'd be before SDCC so they could have a panel about Season 4 to hype it up and there'd be more discussion. Having a trailer drop during/at SDCC is good too, especially if it gets good attention; but there's always the fear it'll drop through the cracks. Either way, hopefully Season 3 will be out in July and we see more season this year in November or December. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

I kinda figured this'd be the case, but I honestly thought it'd be before SDCC so they could have a panel about Season 4 to hype it up and there'd be more discussion. Having a trailer drop during/at SDCC is good too, especially if it gets good attention; but there's always the fear it'll drop through the cracks. Either way, hopefully Season 3 will be out in July and we see more season this year in November or December. 

They've been pretty quick between the seasons so I would expect, and hope, we arent to far off with an announcement trailer or even the season itself. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

The Dragon Prince, mmmm... one of the best Netflix series ever.  My question, why do they keep that sluggish thing around?  It has absolutely no use at all.

I can tell you why they keep it around- it sells merchandise. It's the cute animal sidekick. It's like the porgs in Star Wars.