The Dragon Prince: Thoughts,

Greetings, Fellow humans, Human fellows!

This chat is for...well...as the title says, fellow human sharders to talk about one of the best Netflix series ever:

heroes.thumb.jpg.8aed1a7b9aac8e43ed516227b5555ba7.jpg THE DRAGON PRINCE!!

If you haven't seen it, there will be spoilers, so be warned. To those of you who have seen it, no spoiling season endings or major plot points. Common sense stuff.

Otherwise, my fellow humans, post away! Oh...and tag people who would like this!

@JacobClaessen @Element of Chaos

I enjoyed it quite thoroughly. It gives me Avatar vibes (obviously), but it doesn't feel like an Avatar rip-off. By the end of season 2, I feel like they're taking the show in a sufficiently unique direction with a TON of potential. Also it's bingeable, and who doesn't like binge-watching?;)

The show does have some major Avatar vibes, but those are likely intentional, considering that they were in part created by some of the same people. Heck, in ep. 1, Claudia is reading "Love Amongst the Dragons", the play that Zuko says the Ember Island Players ruin yearly. :) 

I love the Dragon Prince! I was skeptical of the show in Season 1—it felt a little small scale for what it was billed as—but Season 2 won me over with its epicness.

How did y’all react to Ezran’s decision at the end of Season 2?

@Jaywalk

I know that Ezran made the best choice with the information he has, but there are problems...

1. Lord Viren is a murderous mage willing to kill anyone to get what he wants.

2. Ezran is literally just a child.

3. There is a war coming and no matter how many wise kingly things he says he's not prepared.

4. He won't have any real power, at that young age and without training, he will be placed under a regency.

5. He is a focal member of the..."Enter team name here" team, his ability to talk to animals would be important when there are DRAGONS ATTACKING YOUR FRIENDS!!!

7 hours ago, The Forumlurker said:

5. He is a focal member of the..."Enter team name here" team, his ability to talk to animals would be important when there are DRAGONS ATTACKING YOUR FRIENDS!!!

I think this could be sort of averted through his ability to talk to Zim.

1 hour ago, Jaywalk said:

I think this could be sort of averted through his ability to talk to Zim.

True, that would work.

Question...

We keep on seeing Lord Viren manipulating fire, like extinguishing/lighting a candle, without crushing little creatures or drawing a rune. How? Does he have the fire arcanium? Cause I think it could be something like: "Fire can both destroy and create" or "Things must be broken down for better things to be brought up." Both fit well with his modus operandi. Either that or it's some Callum "I'm half elf!!!" level garbage.

2 hours ago, The Forumlurker said:

We keep on seeing Lord Viren manipulating fire, like extinguishing/lighting a candle, without crushing little creatures or drawing a rune. How? Does he have the fire arcanium?

There’s plenty we don’t know about him.

I really just started watching it because I needed something to fill my time after finishing Mistborn, and I think I liked it because it reminded me of Avatar. Then I watched the second season and I've developed an actual fanbase for it! You've gotta remember that the first season of Avatar, though still super good, is not as complex and interesting as the other two, which hopefully means the seasons will get progressively better as they go along.

7bmbK-a6glhKsRpZeo1XsYrqmtaglAyLRv9QkG8YjhY.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=32c95595b2e3002f1f0e3880880e781fd0f90ad1

Gren is the best. There's no argument about it. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. With that optimism and lovable attitude how could anyone not say he's the greatest! I hope that...

Spoiler

...he is found so he doesn't starve to death now that Viren is captured...

...that would be sad. He's my cinnamon bun. What is Amaya going to do to Viren when she hears what happened to Gren. Cause I totally ship it!

EDIT: 

I found this in the end credits:

N7Sh4dS.png

I found our boy being found in the end credits. I'm so happy there's some closure

Edited by The Forumlurker
ENDCREDIT CANON!!!

48 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Somehow, I feel like Amaya and Gren are already a thing. Just feels right. (and with my very minimal experience with deaf people, their interpreter tends to be someone close to them)

I’m not sure. There doesn’t seem to be any sort of separation anxiety—though, to be fair, that could mean a healthy relationship.

1 hour ago, Jaywalk said:

I’m not sure. There doesn’t seem to be any sort of separation anxiety—though, to be fair, that could mean a healthy relationship.

Healthy relationship is where I'm leaning (she obviously trusts him a great deal, to give him command of the search for Callum and Ezran) but of course that's just what I think