14 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I see reklawdoaR on the page, so hopefully they will post something.

Being  D1 (and now understanding the rules better) I am not overly suspicious of anyone.  However, @High Priest of Lord Tekiel has been extreamly active and involved with discussion this game, yet I havent seen anything remotely resembling public analysis.  Perhaps this is just your playstyle(?), but I would like to hear your opinions on the game a little more.

High Priest of Lord Tekiel

You have not seen any such analysis yet because it is D1 and I have not found anything that particularly stuck out. There is simly not enough material to analyze. I attempted to pressure Elandera to gain a read on her, and after a lengthy PM conversation, I have determined that she is likely village.

Or, I assumed I had nothing that particularly stuck out until I saw this post.

1 minute ago, Guest103492 said:

Thanks Elandera for @ing me! 

So I don't think lynching reklawdaoR would be very nice, since they haven't really said anything at all, even though they've been called out. Maybe they're busy. Who knows.

However, this High Priest of Lord Tekiel (Rae?) is kind of concerning. I've noticed that quite a few people have voted on them, but I don't have anything besides my gut. To be honest, it's only been a few weeks since I joined! I don't know any of you.

I'm pretty skeptical of Rae right now, so I'll just leave my vote there for now?

Guest. Explain to me how this is not a bandwagon vote.

1 minute ago, Guest103492 said:

I can't, because that's what it is. I don't know who else to vote for and it seems like I'm supposed to be voting because everyone else is...

Can I just not vote?

Yes, if you type the name you previously put in red, in green, you will remove the vote, and then just not vote.  That is an option.

I also want to mention, it is quite impressive you, as a new player, have over 1500 posts and over 800 rep... Quite impressive...

19 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Yes, if you type the name you previously put in red, in green, you will remove the vote, and then just not vote.  That is an option.

I also want to mention, it is quite impressive you, as a new player, have over 1500 posts and over 800 rep... Quite impressive...

Okay. Rae.

What? Oh, those numbers? I thought that was a glitch! Like how I can't change my username! Don't worry about that...

@Sapphire Elephant: I'm pretty sure that one of the interesting things about this game is that there are more Spammers than Eliminators, so since there's 23/24 players, there's probably around 12-15 spammers out of them.

The Eliminators knowing about some spammer abilities is then meant to balance out said outnumbering.

Also, a theory (not asking anyone to confirm or deny): What if reklawdaoR is Sapphire Elephant, and they've been looking at the thread but only posting as Elephant?

4 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

@Sapphire Elephant: I'm pretty sure that one of the interesting things about this game is that there are more Spammers than Eliminators, so since there's 23/24 players, there's probably around 12-15 spammers out of them.

The Eliminators knowing about some spammer abilities is then meant to balance out said outnumbering.

I cant tell if you are saying this a joke or not... If not, what makes you say this?

2 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I cant tell if you are saying this a joke or not... If not, what makes you say this?

It says so in the original description of the game, with the screenshot of Discord.

xxGaea: "There are many problems with that idea. Aren't there more bots than SEers?"

20 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

Also, a theory (not asking anyone to confirm or deny): What if reklawdaoR is Sapphire Elephant, and they've been looking at the thread but only posting as Elephant?

While that's possible, I don't see it being the case. Mostly because Elephant voted second on Road when there was only one vote on each person (or close enough to just two that vote manipulation could make that move dangerous).

EDIT: Also, if Road is Elephant, and not able to post in the thread, that would make it painfully obvious who the controller is of a role that's dependant on remaining anonymous. That mechanic would only work of the GM was relying on inactivity, which no GM wants.

Edited by Elandera
Added thoughts

6 minutes ago, Elandera said:

While that's possible, I don't see it being the case. Mostly because Elephant voted second on Road when there was only one vote on each person (or close enough to just two that vote manipulation could make that move dangerous).

Yeah, that's a good point.

11 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

It says so in the original description of the game, with the screenshot of Discord.

xxGaea: "There are many problems with that idea. Aren't there more bots than SEers?"

:blink: I sure hope not. It seems like that would not be good for us. If we're outnumbered, they can just bandwagon and destroy us. That's why the game ends when the elims outnumber the village.

Unless there's an ability that prevents that from happening?

14 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

yeah, but the next post on the discord screenshot also says that Joe only needs to get rid of the Botmasters, and Joe knows about all of them.

1 minute ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

While it is possible for there to be Spammers without roles, i will guarantee that the Eliminators currently outnumber the Spammers.

oh thank goodness, because I had this brief moment of terror where I considered the possibility where you created a game where the eliminators outnumber the village, and the village is the eliminators... which would be just so weird... 

2 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

oh thank goodness, because I had this brief moment of terror where I considered the possibility where you created a game where the eliminators outnumber the village, and the village is the eliminators... which would be just so weird... 

Yeah. Imagine the lynch functioning like the elim kill, and the elim kill functioning like the lynch...

Huh. OK...

Mailliw772. I think they're wrong in just about everything they've said since I voted on them (no offence meant, Maill), but they're wrong in such a way that I think a villager can be - I don't think an Eliminator wold be willing to advocate for finding Elephant's role because of how inherently suspicious that is. Obviously, that very quickly turns into an IKYK, but if Maill was being that gutsy this game, then it invalidates my previous reasoning of them being a fairly shy Eliminator earlier.

I really don't like the bandwagon forming on Rae. I may or may not be able to make it back on this cycle, so I'll vote Roadwalker to try and balance things out. If nothing else, it should discourage lurking and inactivity for everyone left alive in future cycles.

Also, if either GM is a bot, Jon, I get the sense that it's xxGaea. The way there's the low-key "You're the only one I trust." line in the signups thread - all the senses honed from every time I've watched a movie ever tells me that they're going to end up as the traitor.

5 minutes ago, Metabardnition said:

I really don't like the bandwagon forming on Rae

If I am not mistaken, I am the only person with a vote on Rae at the moment. To build off of Ada's previous votecount:

• (4) reklawdaoRElanderaSapphire ElephantITIAHMetabardnition
  • (1) High Priest of Lord Tekiel:  Fura
  • (1) Elandera: Aranduensis,
  • (1) A Joe In The Bush: Jondesu,
  • (1) Gammalv FiendAraris Valerian,
  • (1) ITIAHCadmium Compounder,
  • (1) SteelSeventh Saint,
  • (1) Guest: High Priest of Lord Tekiel

Just now, Furamirionind said:

If I am not mistaken, I am the only person with a vote on Rae at the moment. To build off of Ada's previous votecount:

• (1) High Priest of Lord Tekiel:  Fura
  • (1) SteelSeventh Saint,
  • (1) Guest: High Priest of Lord Tekiel

Lmao Fura. This is what I was just typing

• (1) High Priest of Lord TekielFuramirionind
  • (1) NotASteelCloneSeventh Saint,
  • (1) Aranduensis: Mailliw773,
  • (1) Guest103492: HPoLT,

3 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

Lmao Fura. This is what I was just typing

• (1) High Priest of Lord TekielFuramirionind
  • (1) NotASteelCloneSeventh Saint,
  • (1) Aranduensis: Mailliw773,
  • (1) Guest103492: HPoLT,

Lol, however I did miss  the vote on Arand by Maill.

... Would people terribly mind bolding their votes so I can see them better? as it stands, I really can't tell apart some reds and blacks certain players are using... (Not just Maill)

Edited by Furamirionind

5 hours ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Have you heard the good news?

Orlok loves you, and he wants you to love and know him. He offers you his peace and joy under his rule as benevolent dictator. Those who recognize his rule shall receive his blessings, as indeed I have.

If Orlok offers so much, why don't people take it?

The Problem with Disbelievers

Everybody is born with a tendency towards freedom. They seek to reject Orlok in fears that serving him will reduce the freedom they cherish so much in life.

What they don't realize is that nobody is free, not as long as they remain slave to the meat-impulses left in their brain that are the leftovers of thousands of years of the evolutionary process. It affects all aspects of life, a constant temptation and scourge.

Orlok Tsubodi has transcended these urges, and can teach you to overcome them too. Embrace him as a leader, recognize that his decision-making process is free of these taints, and you too shall be freed from those base emotions that control you. Accept him as supreme leader and you too shall know freedom.

PM me today if you wish to learn more about receiving the blessings of a mod.

If ever there was a Spam post, this would be it.  My finger twitched with phantom spam ban when I read it.

I am wondering if Road hasn't posted because they can't.  What if they are Elephant and thus can't post on their main account and only on the anon one.  That would explain why if killed they get a new anon account and can't be converted. You have to kill/convert the main account.

Just now, Gammalv Fiend said:

I am wondering if Road hasn't posted because they can't.  What if they are Elephant and thus can't post on their main account and only on the anon one.  That would explain why if killed they get a new anon account and can't be converted. You have to kill/convert the main account.

I think you missed a few posts, Gamma ^_^ this was discussed not long ago. Elephant was the second vote on Roadwalker, and Elephant also said he'd make a concerted effort with his two accounts to reveal his identity if he was in danger :P

3 minutes ago, Gammalv Fiend said:

If ever there was a Spam post, this would be it.  My finger twitched with phantom spam ban when I read it.

That is a good thought, yet we know Roadwalker was online relatively recently, and are leading in the vote 4-1, however one of those 4 is Elephant.  It would be a good distancing attempt, however at this point, surely Roadwalker would be trying to take votes off himself if that was the case.

edit: Ninja'd by Ada... We seem to be of similar mind today... : )

Edited by Furamirionind

2 minutes ago, Gammalv Fiend said:

I will confirm that I can indeed use my primary account. I am not limited to this account, just have this in addition. 

2 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

I think you missed a few posts, Gamma ^_^ this was discussed not long ago. Elephant was the second vote on Roadwalker, and Elephant also said he'd make a concerted effort with his two accounts to reveal his identity if he was in danger :P

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

That is a good thought, yet we know Roadwalker was online relatively recently, and are leading in the vote 4-1, however one of those 4 is Elephant.  It would be a good distancing attempt, however at this point, surely Roadwalker would be trying to take votes off himself if that was the case.

Indeed.  :(  I'm still working my way through the thread as I seem to have missed a good deal.

Ok! I need to post a bit more. Metabardnition has some good points.

The gradual voting on Rae seems like a suspicous counter-wagon, but even more interesting is how it dissapeared. Now only Fura’s voting on her. So would be an spammer attempt to counter bandwagon? I don’t think so, unless they knew it wasn’t working and decided to jump ship.

Which gives me questions about Roadwalker. Needless to say, they’re inactive and I think that is good reason, and so in addition we get information on the people who made the counter wagon as well.