42 minutes ago, Guest103492 said:

I don't have one of those internet security plugins on my computer and all this talk of spambots is making me worried about viruses. Know any good ones?

Viruses or anti-virus? I'm sure there are plenty of both out there. In the meantime, avoid clicking unnecessary links

27 minutes ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Call it a hunch.

Anything in particular raising your spambot alarms?

19 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Viruses or anti-virus? I'm sure there are plenty of both out there. In the meantime, avoid clicking unnecessary links

Anything in particular raising your spambot alarms?

Yes, indeed. Care to say anything in your defense?

31 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Just a note, I only just realized in the "Player list" doc, it also lists known roles.  One of those roles is called the Multi-Boxer.  This is the role of Sapphire Elephant. Now that we have this minimal information, I am hesitant to believe that the player with that role is inherently village, as both the Anon account and that player's regular account are in the game.

I am going to vote on Aranduensis for now for saying that Sapphire is inherently village.

Given that it is an anon account and the player with it also has their normal account, I would say that they are confirmed good.  They are either both good or both evil.  If one is good and the other evil then it means they can just out the Spambots and end the game with almost no fun for anyone. Which is boring and not a Joe brand game!   As for them both being evil, I could see it as it could be a extension of Joes Puppetmaster role but I highly doubt it.  It makes very little sense to do it that way.

Plus their role is listed in green rather than a neutral colour which I would've expected if it could go either way.

2 minutes ago, Gammalv Fiend said:

Given that it is an anon account and the player with it also has their normal account, I would say that they are confirmed good.  They are either both good or both evil.  If one is good and the other evil then it means they can just out the Spambots and end the game with almost no fun for anyone. Which is boring and not a Joe brand game!   As for them both being evil, I could see it as it could be a extension of Joes Puppetmaster role but I highly doubt it.  It makes very little sense to do it that way.

Plus their role is listed in green rather than a neutral colour which I would've expected if it could go either way.

Ok, those are excellent points.  While I am unfamiliar with Joe's Puppetmaster, and am hesitant to take anyone's word for anything this early, I think I will switch my vote over to poke Adavantos as I keep confusing them and Aranduensis.

Aranduensis

Adavantos

53 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Just a note, I only just realized in the "Player list" doc, it also lists known roles.  One of those roles is called the Multi-Boxer.  This is the role of Sapphire Elephant. Now that we have this minimal information, I am hesitant to believe that the player with that role is inherently village, as both the Anon account and that player's regular account are in the game.

I am going to vote on Aranduensis for now for saying that Sapphire is inherently village.

Aranduensis

I think Aman is probably right, Fura. I dare say that Aman is always right and should be trusted by all players in every game. Totally-not-biased opinion aside, in this case the rules support his read of things over yours, I think. From the initial post:

Luckily, we Eliminators have an advantage. We know all about the abilities of the Spammers, but the Spammers are unfamiliar with us.

Key word being all in "all the abilities of the Spammers". The statement above is not only followed by a list of Spammer roles, but in the Player list doc you just mentioned...

Multi-Boxer: In addition to your account, you have access to the Anon-Account: Sapphire Elephant. You may post in the thread and vote with this account. This account may not use PM’s.

Please note that the role's name is in green. Sapphire Elephant is basically a confirmed villager role with a degree of protection, in that he probably can't die unless the player with the Multi-Boxer role is killed themselves.

EDIT UGH!

14 minutes ago, Gammalv Fiend said:

14 minutes ago, Gammalv Fiend said:

Couldn't you guys have let me finish my post first >>

EDIT DEUGH:

Also how do you keep confusing me with Aman, @Furamirionind? We're nothing alike...

Edited by Adavantos

5 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

Key word being all in "all the abilities of the Spammers". The statement above is not only followed by a list of Spammer roles, but in the Player list doc you just mentioned...

Oh yes you are correct.  I read the line:

Spammer Roles: (Not all roles will be included)

to mean that not all possible spammer roles will be in that list, but it also could mean that not all roles on that list will be in the game.  Which would make the sentence you are quoting make more sense, making Sapphire a villager... etc.

5 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

I think Aman is probably right, Fura. I dare say that Aman is always right and should be trusted by all players in every game.

I know it's been quite some time since you've played, it's been the same for me as well, but I don't think you should trust Aman so blindly.  I seem to recall someone having something in their sig about how Aman's words are honeyed but chaos was his hallmark.

13 hours ago, Adavantos said:

As is tradition, I'm going to openly claim eliminator and see how long I can survive the game.

Strange.  I don't recall you ever doing this.  I know Aman did it a few times and somehow pulled it off each time but I have no memory of Ada doing it. :P 

9 minutes ago, Gammalv Fiend said:

I know it's been quite some time since you've played, it's been the same for me as well, but I don't think you should trust Aman so blindly.  I seem to recall someone having something in their sig about how Aman's words are honeyed but chaos was his hallmark.

Hm. If someone were to have a statement like that in their signature, I reckon they must be the incarnation of darkness and evil themselves. I wonder what such a malicious manifestation is up to, now.

9 minutes ago, Gammalv Fiend said:

Strange.  I don't recall you ever doing this.  I know Aman did it a few times and somehow pulled it off each time but I have no memory of Ada doing it. :P 

Sparks! My cover is blown. Unless...

Burn you, Gammalv! You caught me! Now everyone will realize I'm Aman's #1 Fan / President of his Harem Fan Club.

You hear that, senpai? Pls notice me.

Edited by Adavantos
Malicious and white

Just now, Seventh Saint said:

Welp, looks like Ada, HH, and Meta are all spambots, so let’s ban them...

wait...can’t vote for all three so...

Guess I’ll just...retract all those votes, actually read the thread and the rules, and try to cobble something together. :P 

I feel attacked :( under what pretense am I a spambot? Explain yourself!

25 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Sapphire Elephant is confirmed Eliminator. You know all possible Spam bot roles and abilities

TY Joe <3

1 hour ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Yes, indeed. Care to say anything in your defense?

I might if I knew what exactly I was defending against. :P I can say though, that first post was purely RP, not meant to have any relevance on my own alignment.

9 minutes ago, Seventh Saint said:

I wanted to misinterpret this to play along with your comment, but it was long enough ago that my post probably doesn’t make much sense anymore. :P 

Ah ok. In that case, all is forgiven. I'm not sure typing retract in green is enough to take your votes down, however. You may need to repeat all three of our names 

On the subject, however. High Priest of Lord Tekiel. It seems the cookie you gave me has granted me allomantic power, so I've decided to forgive you. 

Which brings me to a dilemma. Who do I vote for now?

EDIT:

Oh right! Furamirionind!

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

Ok, those are excellent points.  While I am unfamiliar with Joe's Puppetmaster, and am hesitant to take anyone's word for anything this early, I think I will switch my vote over to poke Adavantos as I keep confusing them and Aranduensis.

Aranduensis

Adavantos

1 hour ago, Adavantos said:

EDIT DEUGH:

Also how do you keep confusing me with Aman, @Furamirionind? We're nothing alike...

All is fair in love and war. And besides, you never answered my question. :angry:

Edited by Adavantos

1 hour ago, Adavantos said:

Hm. If someone were to have a statement like that in their signature, I reckon they must be the incarnation of darkness and evil themselves. I wonder what such a malicious manifestation is up to, now.

Sparks! My cover is blown. Unless...

Burn you, Gammalv! You caught me! Now everyone will realize I'm Aman's #1 Fan / President of his Harem Fan Club.

You hear that, senpai? Pls notice me.

There is only room for one #1 fan of any silver-tongued player in SE, Ada. I suggest that you think carefully regarding your next words.

10 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I might if I knew what exactly I was defending against. :P I can say though, that first post was purely RP, not meant to have any relevance on my own alignment.

Post your opinions on a player this game and I may be satisfied.

8 minutes ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Post your opinions on a player this game and I may be satisfied.

Sounds good. I'm at work, so have only been able to skim at the moment. But I'll be posting some analysis with a vote by the end of the cycle.

13 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

Oh right! Furamirionind!

All is fair in love and war. And besides, you never answered my question. :angry:

Hmm, is this technically a war? Is this love? Am I getting confused by overanalyzing intentionally meaningless statements?

I dont know, I dont like claiming elim D1.  It causes confusion in the village, and non in the elims.  Purely by making that statement, you are already helping the elims.  I can understand instances where CadCom did something similar last game, but that was because he was also about to die.  In addition to saying that though, he also added analysis and help to the village.

While there isnt much to analyse yet being D1, I see help being given to elims and none to the village.

Oh, and it is confusing because i think you are Aman, but impersonating someone else, with a name still similar to Aman. And Rand is doing something similar.

Hello everybody. Popping in to show that I exist. 

Ark stared at his screen. He really should log in to his account and play the game, but he was new to this and didn't know what to do. Honestly even when he had played before he tended to end up with very little posts at the end, barely helping at all. He felt bad about being inactive so often, but there wasn't much to do about it. At this point it was starting to be a chronic problem. 

6 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Hmm, is this technically a war? Is this love? Am I getting confused by overanalyzing intentionally meaningless statements?

I dont know, I dont like claiming elim D1.  It causes confusion in the village, and non in the elims.  Purely by making that statement, you are already helping the elims.  I can understand instances where CadCom did something similar last game, but that was because he was also about to die.  In addition to saying that though, he also added analysis and help to the village.

While there isnt much to analyse yet being D1, I see help being given to elims and none to the village.

Oh, and it is confusing because i think you are Aman, but impersonating someone else, with a name still similar to Aman. And Rand is doing something similar.

[insert obligatory "Why not both?" gif]

In this games case, Eliminator = Villager. So I didn't claim Elim, I claimed Village. That's why it was a joke :P

I think I was very helpful in pointing out the Elephant thing. Gammalv just managed to steal my thunder :unsure: also I'm sure my antics have been entertaining for a few people, at least. What's the harm in having fun? ^_^

I'm not impersonating anyone, for the record. I am definitely the original Adavantos.

Edited by Adavantos

Sorry, I've been busy selling suspicious products online. 
Huh, I'm confirmed "eliminator" (which, that's just... a whole other level of confusing). That's both a blessing and a curse. Probably won't be lynched, but this account will be an easy target for the true spammers.
And just because I'm confirmed eliminator, doesn't mean I don't love to spread misdirection and chaos. I will refrain from sharing any connections I may share with other players, to preserve my safety.  
As for thoughts on the actual game... I have some vague thoughts, but more suspicious scams need to be pulled off! I'll share some more congealed ideas later. 

I record votes backwards. I go from the most recent post and work my way back to the start of the thread, that way I only end up recording each player's latest vote. So you do not need to worry about retracting your vote, unless you don't want to vote at all. Your most recent vote will always be counted.

14 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Wow, okay, you all seem rather trolly.  Granted, that actually makes me think you are village (elimimators) as I dont think even spambots can be as trolly as SE players.

Hide contents

Vodiyehi: Has a script that can make thousands of posts per day. If Vodiyehi targets you, no one else will be able to do so. Only Votes and Lynches will be able to target a player.

This seems like not a great role for the elims. The chances of using this effectively are low, and it depends on others targetting the same player.

Babaji: Has access to Near Eastern magic that can inspire love or hate. If they target you with love, you will end up joining them. Luckily the cooldown for this is yearly, so they’ll only be able to get one of us before we get them. If they target you with Hate, you will die, no matter what. This can also only be used once.

This seems like an incredibly powerful role.  It both grants an extra kill, and a conversion.  In a game with 23 players, there are likely 4-5 elims.  If this role is used, there will likely be 3-4 elims, likely 3, purely because of how momentous this role seems to be.

SookeSiled: Posts lots of corrupted URLs and infects computers. If they target you, everyone on the forum who didn’t use their computer will also target you that night.

This one seems fascinating... this actually means by doing nothing, we can still learn information. Granted, info the elims want us to.  We probably dont want to use this unless necessary, as any info gained from this will be a IKYK. Especially if there is a hidden elim role to modify scanning results.

Beirst1928: Built one of the Best Firewalls known to man. Immune to everything except the Lynch.

@xxGaea @A Joe in the Bush is this a passive ability?

If this is passive, this could actually be used to find elims. However, I dont think there is much to be said on this role.  This actually could be a really powerful role, or a weak one.  It depends on what other roles are in this game.

Temptation: Absolutely terrifying with Code. They get into the code and corrupt it. If they target you, your action will do exactly what you didn’t want. You will accidently ban a player instead of protect them. Or you will accidentally reveal your IP address instead of PM them. Or something. And then they will know what and who you are.

@xxGaea @A Joe in the Bush is an IP address a players allignment?

Also, does the effect of this role cause the *abilities you have* to do what you dont want, or can it actually cause you to take an action that you normally wouldnt have available?

What determines what the action actually does? Is this up to the choice of the elims, or is this decision at the discression of the GMs?

Vashikaran: They’re rather good at deleting code, so if they target you, there is a good chance that your account will be temporarily disabled.

What does being disabled entail? I assume you cant take any actions?

Vodiyehi’s effectiveness will likely vary, and will ultimately depend on what our own abilities end up being. 

Babaji is a powerful role, though it’s important to note that unless I’m misreading Joe’s computer jargon, the spambots don’t actually have a kill ignore me, I missed the text that said spambots get to delete an account every weekend, but it’s also worth mentioning that this conversion isn’t guaranteed to go off depending on the activity of Babaji, and whatever roles the Elims may have, so I wouldn’t make overly hasty assumptions about team size for the bots (though I’d guess 4). 

SookeSiled seems like a double edged sword, especially with Babaji in play. That would force the bots to use either their kill or convert every time they want to pull this off. For that reason I doubt that both this role and Babaji are in the game. 

Beirst is eh. There’s not much to do about it other than note if actions keep failing against them. 

Temptation seems...interesting. I hope we don’t run afoul of it too much, as it’s about the only wildcard the spambots have, and looks to be an effective one. 

The roleblock is a roleblock. 

11 hours ago, Aranduensis said:

It seems the D1 voting shenanigans are already in full swing. Before I join in on those, I'd like to quickly go over the elim roles.

Vodiyehi: Makes someone untargetable. This seems mostly a defensive ability, but that also makes it perfect for trolling the village by 'protecting' random villagers, so i urge some caution on lynching someone just for having been protected by this ability. @A Joe in the Bush, @xxGaea, will someone using an action that gets stopped be told about the exact case (roleblock, Vodiyehi, etc.)?
Babaji: One conversion, one kill. It's fairly straightforward, and also not really an abilty we can easily detect.
SookeSiled: If they target you, everyone on the forum who didn’t use their computer will also target you that night. This can be an incredibly powerful ability. If you have an ability that allows you to ban someone, please make sure to sue it every night to avoid letting the elims use it instead.
Beirst1928: Immune to everything except the Lynch. If it's revealed why an action failed, this particular role can be detected relatively easily.
Temptation: If they target you, your action will do exactly what you didn’t want. This is interesting, and something to keep an eye out for. If your action gets changed like this, consider the possibilities of them targeting you again the next night, especially if your action turned into a kill. If your action gets changed like this, I'd definitely report it int eh thread. The spambots will already have a  pretty good idea of what you can do, so the information gained from speaking up would be most useful to the village, especially if the action can be proven, as that clears you to some degree.
Vashikaran: A straightforward roleblock. I can't really see a way to use the markers of this ability to our advantage.

There's another thing to keep in mind: the villager's abilities are unknown to the elims, so depending on the effects, they could be used to hard-clear some people. Alternatively, if the abilities are non-unique, it can once again be used top hard-clear some people by comparing notes. Therefore, I'd be willing to swap role-names, but not the actual abilities I might or might not have with anyone contacting me in PM's.

Just would like to direct people to other role analysis. As there should now be plenty of it, here it is in one place. I’ll confess I haven’t bothered to really give Aman’s a good readthrough but I’d like to get this post out. 

5 hours ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Do not fear, Adavantos. Lord Tekiel would never let a mere Shard influence your actions. You will be safe from Ruin, provided you learn these mind-calming techniques pioneered by the Church of Enlightenment...

Moving on to this contest of credentials that we currently have, I will nominate myself for village leader. As the protégé of Orlok Tsubodi (may he rule forever in glory) I have more than enough analysis to find the spambots among us, assuming you peons do not get in my way. Vote as I do and all shall be made clear.

Wait, if you’re Orlok’s high priest, what does that make me as a saint? Am I above you, having washed my robes in the blue, white and red of the Union Jack? 

1 minute ago, Adavantos said:

Ah ok. In that case, all is forgiven. I'm not sure typing retract in green is enough to take your votes down, however. You may need to repeat all three of our names 

On the subject, however. High Priest of Lord Tekiel. It seems the cookie you gave me has granted me allomantic power, so I've decided to forgive you. 

Which brings me to a dilemma. Who do I vote for now?

Oi, stop justifying my text :P 

16 minutes ago, Seventh Saint said:

Wait, if you’re Orlok’s high priest, what does that make me as a saint? Am I above you, having washed my robes in the blue, white and red of the Union Jack Stars and Stripes

Oi, stop justifying my text :P 

Fixed that for you. 

How rude of him to take over our formatting! Spammer Alert!!