I tried to dedicate time to this yesterday, but I only got half of one player analysis done. Looking back at the case against Snip, I have to agree with it.

He was one of the few who left his vote on me. I was the one who redirected Snip that next night, and I redirected it to xino. Since nothing bad happened to xino, I just assumed that he must have been honest, and completely forgot about the fact that I had suspected them in the first place. But now that others have mentioned it, it doesn't make sense that he would protect me right after voting for me. (if he actually did do it, that's the only thing that I really am putting as really in his favor. Because he was voting on me so I could win, I just don't know why he would put so much on the line for me.) With that note, Araris, Snipexe

I understand Bard's reasoning for staying where he is, and with enough support, I might switch back, but I'm honestly not quite as sure what to do this cycle as I have been in previous cycles. 

Araris (2): Elandera, Bard,
Snipexe (4): Araris, Aman, Rand, CadCom
Rand (1): Fura
Itiah (1): Fifth

Also, it appears that someone attempted to redirect my convert action last night. I do not know whether the redirect worked or not, all I know is that someone attempted to do it. So did anyone get converted who wasn't expecting to be converted last night? I will reveal who I attempted to convert to JOE later. 

On a completely unrelated note, Would anyone like a potato? You can order it raw, baked or smashed, but my chef really does what he wants, so you could potentially receive any of the three. 

3 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

He was one of the few who left his vote on me. I was the one who redirected Snip that next night, and I redirected it to xino. Since nothing bad happened to xino, I just assumed that he must have been honest, and completely forgot about the fact that I had suspected them in the first place. But now that others have mentioned it, it doesn't make sense that he would protect me right after voting for me. (if he actually did do it, that's the only thing that I really am putting as really in his favor. Because he was voting on me so I could win, I just don't know why he would put so much on the line for me.) With that note, Araris, Snipexe

Well, he did do something to know he was redirected (I assume? @A Joe in the Bush, are you told you've been redirected if you took no actions?), so if he was in fact redirected as he claimed, I'm actually less suspicious of him.

2 hours ago, Aranduensis said:

Well, he did do something to know he was redirected (I assume? @A Joe in the Bush, are you told you've been redirected if you took no actions?), so if he was in fact redirected as he claimed, I'm actually less suspicious of him.

It's complicated, partially because we have not been entirely consistent with it. So some people have been told that they were targeted when they took nonactions and others have not.

27 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

It's complicated, partially because we have not been entirely consistent with it. So some people have been told that they were targeted when they took nonactions and others have not.

So are you saying that people taking 'fake' actions (like iirc cadcom said he did to avoid sookesiled doing odd things with his role) sometimes got told whether they got redirected, or also people that didn't submit an action at all? Because if its the previous option, I'd be a lot less suspicious of Snipexe,a s I don't see them missing the elim kill if they where around to submit it.

Anyway, It should be noted that Snipexe protecting Cadcom after the vote does actually fit, as Snipexe voted based on Cadcoms request, not a belief in his guilt. So because of that, I'll be moving my vote off snipexe and onto Walin

54 minutes ago, Aranduensis said:

So are you saying that people taking 'fake' actions (like iirc cadcom said he did to avoid sookesiled doing odd things with his role) sometimes got told whether they got redirected, or also people that didn't submit an action at all? Because if its the previous option, I'd be a lot less suspicious of Snipexe,a s I don't see them missing the elim kill if they where around to submit it.

Anyway, It should be noted that Snipexe protecting Cadcom after the vote does actually fit, as Snipexe voted based on Cadcoms request, not a belief in his guilt. So because of that, I'll be moving my vote off snipexe and onto Walin

If someone took a legal action that became an illegal action, or if someone took no action, or if someone had no action to take, amd they were targeted with a redirect, then i would tell them that they were targeted.

Blargh. At this point I honestly think I should be lynched. I’m incredibly inactive, which the elims have also been as evidenced by the lack of an elim kill. I’m not really providing any help to the village despite my attempts to protect people, and I’m distracting from actual elims. Because we need to check off inactives via clears one by one, it makes perfect sense to kill me. And no this is not a gambit, even though me saying it myself create a IKYK situation. Me being lynched at this point is genuinely the best thing that could happen for the village. We just have a the convert left anyway, so mislynch isn’t fatal, and my death will provide new information to work upon. Snipexe

Also, CadCom I protected you because of your claim. I figured the elims would want to take out a good role like that.

I want to once again apologize for my inactivity. There’s nothing I can really say to excuse it.

Hmm. Snip’s response seems...genuine, and is part of what’s driving my hesitancy in lynching through the inactives. It might also be noted that it’s easy for people to jump on inactive lynches without indicting themselves, and that the Eliminators sacrificing a kill or two to focus attention on them for a lynch or two might be a cost/benefit that pays off, not even mentioning the possibility of kills being blocked by protection roles. 

If I block out my paranoia, though, there’s really nobody I have left to suspect that isn’t at least somewhat inactive, so I’m going to reluctantly accept Snipexe’s offer. The lynch isn’t going anywhere in the next ~4 hours, and I’d really rather not to have to contend with this paranoia later in the game. If we do weed out the inactives now, it’ll hopefully be easier later on, especially if Bard keeps killing. We just have to be careful that focus on lesser-active players doesn’t diminish the quantity of analysis we do on others. 

Also, who had that list of roleclaims? It might be worth digging back up and updating. 

1 hour ago, Seventh Saint said:

Also, who had that list of roleclaims? It might be worth digging back up and updating.

This is what I have so far from roleclaims

Actual name Role/Claim Joe
Elandera Disciple of Herowannabe Roleplayer Joe
Droughtbringer Code Monkey - Action swap  
Xinoehp512 (redirect?)  
Furamirionind (vote scan?) Joe
Young Bard Contribution Crusader - Less active kill  
Devotary Vodiyehi  
Randuir Bandwagon Leader - +2 votes  
Steeldancer Multi-Boxer/Troll/Vodiyehi  
I think I am here. Veteran Player - -1 vote  
Fifth Scholar Roleplayer - New each day  
Cadmium Compounder (roleplayer?) Joe Joe
Roadwalker Temptation  
Lumgol Joe Joe
Snipexe (Protection)  
Alvron Babaji  
Rathmaskal Metacognition Joe
Araris First Time Player - Immunity/Extra life  
Rae Gamma Fiend  
Jondesu Disciple of Herowannabe  
Kidpen Discussion Leader - change vote  
Mailliw Discussion Leader - change vote  
Hemalurgic Headshot Roleless  
Amanuensis Super Active - Action scan  
Walin   Joe
Sapphire Elephant (Steeldancer) Multi-Boxer  

If any of the Joe converts aren't listed, please let me know. I'm trying to keep track of that as we go.

Also, I realized we might not be able to completely clear Steel. I'm getting more concerned that he picked up the Vodiyehi role after being converted, though I have no real reason outside of sheer paranoia.

Oh, and before I forget. Araris Fura, because the Snipexe lynch seems in a good place and I'm curious about what happens when I vote on Fura. It's not because I think she's a spammer.

EDIT: Thanks Lum. If everyone converts a different person tonight, everyone left alive will be Joe. Except maybe Steel. That's going to be complicated if he's immune to all actions. Obviously, that's not super reasonable, because some people have important actions to take at night, but it's reasonable to think we'll get everyone to Joe status before the game ends without threatening the village goal.

Edited by Elandera

12 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Oh, and before I forget. Araris Fura, because the Snipexe lynch seems in a good place and I'm curious about what happens when I vote on Fura. It's not because I think she's a spammer.

EDIT: Thanks Lum. If everyone converts a different person tonight, everyone left alive will be Joe. Except maybe Steel. That's going to be complicated if he's immune to all actions. Obviously, that's not super reasonable, because some people have important actions to take at night, but it's reasonable to think we'll get everyone to Joe status before the game ends without threatening the village goal.

If you JOEs are converting people tonight somebody please target Araris. I’d like to lynch him without the cost of failure being “we lose on a technicality.” 

I too am slightly concerned about Steel, but feel that looking into suspicious roleclaims might get us further. In my mind, that includes yours (no offence, but you have claimed three roles which were already public/confirmable by the time you claimed them, though you’re certainly past being my top suspect), Walin’s (nothing), Araris’ (seems almost to be daring us to lynch him, a bluff we should probably call at some point), and Aman’s (has somebody actually confirmed that his thing works?). After that I’d scrutinise Itiah and CadCom, and perhaps Xino. By this logic, if an OG Spammer is left and is not Snip, the order of suspicion is probably

1) Araris

2) Walin

3) Elandera/Ada (could easily bump these down if I get confirmation, and I’m reading both as village right now regardless. Just trying to stick to my above logic)

4) Xino

5) CadCom/Itiah?

uh, yeah, you see, I'm not going to put down my ability to deflect all actions just so you can convert me... doing that would be begging the spammers to kill me. I have thought about choosing not to use my action on myself to instead make someone else immune to all actions, but I don't really see a good reason to. Plus I'm still not sure I trust the whole Joe thing. And I'm not aware of any ability that can keep me from using my actions so long as I choose to use it, because I'm first on the action order. So, yeah. Edit: turns out the vashrikan could hurt me, but so far no one has reported any actions failing, and I would think they would have used that ability before now. So, I'm feeling all right about Vashrikan not being around. 
Also, if I had been converted, I never would have picked up the Vodiyehi role. I would have picked up the other one, that Joe wanted me to pick up in the first place. And I wouldn't have claimed. Edit: Temptation, that's what it is called. 
Also, Snipexe sounds fine to me, although I'm not going to use elephant, because I'm open to a different lynch. 
Also, sorry for not being super active the past couple of turns. I've been either busy doing homework and tests or just doing other things. 

Edited by NotASteelClone

So, if at any point I die, then you know that the Vashrikan is a role in the game. Otherwise... well, thing is, if I were to lower my shield to allow myself to be converted, I wouldn't post it in thread. Otherwise the spammers would happily kill me, and I don't really feel like allowing that to happen. Also, if ever a conversion fails on someone besides me, there's a distinct possibility they could be Beirst. You might be able to convert Elephant though. 

Edited by NotASteelClone

30 minutes ago, Seventh Saint said:

I too am slightly concerned about Steel, but feel that looking into suspicious roleclaims might get us further. In my mind, that includes yours (no offence, but you have claimed three roles which were already public/confirmable by the time you claimed them, though you’re certainly past being my top suspect)

I fully understand being suspicious of me because of my seemingly sporadic roleclaims. This turn as Roleplayer, I've been given Soother from LG1. My plan is to announce in the thread which vote I plan to remove as a bit of proof that I'm not lying about my roles. It's been a bucket of confusion and fun with all this switching.

31 minutes ago, Seventh Saint said:

If you JOEs are converting people tonight somebody please target Araris. I’d like to lynch him without the cost of failure being “we lose on a technicality.” 

Provided my Roleplayer role doesn't give me something more important, I'll handle this conversion tonight.

16 minutes ago, NotASteelClone said:

So, if at any point I die, then you know that the Vashrikan is a role in the game. Otherwise... well, thing is, if I were to lower my shield to allow myself to be converted, I wouldn't post it in thread. Otherwise the spammers would happily kill me, and I don't really feel like allowing that to happen. Also, if ever a conversion fails on someone besides me, there's a distinct possibility they could be Beirst. You might be able to convert Elephant though. 

Yeah, potentially sacrificing yourself for the Joe faction doesn't seem like the greatest idea. But I'm still concerned about your overall alignment.

As for Snipexe, the Disciple of Gamma Fiend role does exist, and it's known to be a healer role, which makes Snipexe's claim plausible. I'm not really sure whether to suspect him though.

So, I'd say this is the list of people to try to convert tonight. Feel free to suggest otherwise:

Araris - for reasons he's stated above

Ada(Aman) - an active player who isn't likely to die soon

Itiah - according to his claim, he's vote manip, which probably means he has free actions at night.

I know Fura has stated that they'll opt out of converting, and this leaves room for 1 person to use a more important scan or action. If there's a 4th person who has a conversion action available, they can try converting Elephant.

I'll go ahead and convert Araris, and I'll let my fellow JOEs negotiate the rest for themselves.

Edit: Ninja'd by Elandera. You can go convert Araris unless you have something more pressing, and I'll take Ada for now.

Edited by Mailliw772
ninja'd

9 minutes ago, Elandera said:

But I'm still concerned about your overall alignment

I just told you. If I had been converted before I took up my current role, I never would have picked it up in the first place, I would have picked up Temptation, because it would be a much more offensive and smart role to use as a spammer. Now, granted, they could have converted me the turn I picked up Vodiyehi; but they didn't, therefore I claimed Vodiyehi. Why would I have claimed that publically when I could have continued to work quietly? I had all the option in the world to just not reveal myself unless absolutely necessary. Also, I'm still pretty sure they used their conversion before they used the kill on Mailliw, because I still think he would have been the best possible conversion for them at that point. Instead, they used their ultimate kill on him. Obviously, there's no great way to scan me, because I'll scan as troll no matter what. But you'll have to trust me, because lynching me means lynching 2 activish villagers who are unkillable by the spammers (other than them using a role that will very much expose one of their most powerful remaining members, if it's even in the game). There are many other better options for lynches at the moment besides me. And if you don't really have any other reason for me being suspicious... well I've been really open about my thoughts this game. That's not something I do when I'm elim. That's something I do when I have near absolute confidence in my ability to survive this game as a villager, and don't really fear the spammers that much. That and or when I'm a serial killer. Which I'm not lol.
Or am I:ph34r:
Oh, and speaking of the turn when I picked up Vodiyehi, I was very aware if I was converted that turn, there would be nothing I could do about it. Which is specifically why I claimed picking up Herowannabe's Disciple, even though that was a lie. I was hoping to put up a front that I had no value to the eliminators, and it worked. If they had wanted to convert someone that turn, they probably would have gone after Kidpen first. 

Edited by NotASteelClone

19 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

@Furamirionind Alright. Would you recommend converting Steel then, or someone else?

I wouldnt complain if someone wanted to verify Steels claim of their role.  However, I am inclined to believe them. The chance of them starting the game as a spammer (Beirst) is INCREDIBLY low from my point if view.

Oh baby a triple! Snipexe

...I ran out of references, there’s a bandwagon, and the pun presented itself. I’ll be more active once I get a few references to use.

——

I’m seeing a lot of activity this round, so I probably won’t be able to read through it all and analyze before the cycle ends. No one suspicious in my book, but it looks like the reasoning for the train on Snipexe is good. Keeping my vote there this cycle.