I'm normally super inactive, so I don't mind not being in the game--I'd probably either die or drop out in like two cycles. But I do enjoy RP, and if I can just pop in now and again to do that (in the game or as a "third-party spambot detector" who comes from outside the game), it'd be great. Still cool if I can't, though.

So thanks, @Adavantos, but I don't think I could use your slot effectively, so I'll decline that offer.

The Temptations of the False Gods

Some people will tell you that there are other mods, even past players, who can bless those playing today. They will tell you that they can feel the presences of those players watching over their shoulders, guiding them in this war against the spambots. They will tell you that they have been promised sweet rewards for their service.

Lies! Only Orlok Tsubodai, Lord Tekiel, He-who-is-always-right, the King of the Mind, can grant you what you truly seek. Wilson, the Black Foe, may feed you the alignments of your enemies if you pray to her. Alvron, the Shadowlord, may manipulate the lynch RNG in your favor. Mailliw, the Flippant Turncoat, may let you carry out extraordinary gambits with a convoluted series of actions. Fifth Scholar, the New Usurper, may promise you a place in his new hierarchy. Yet all of these things make you reliant on divine intervention granted at the whims of higher powers. Only Orlok will give you the power to be truly independent. He will hone your mind to become a deadly trap. What use will you have in following Wilson's reads when you can make your own accurate conclusions? What use will you have in hamfistedly manipulating the lynch when you can persuade the voters to follow your lead? What use will you have for role-based gambits when you can consistently catch eliminators by their words alone? What use will you have in Fifth's hierarchy when you have a place in a much more powerful one? Only Orlok's blessings of mental acuity can give you the consistent results you desire. Anything else is but a sickly sweet temptation that ultimately leaves you at the mercy of your role in these false gods' organizations.

If you have any arguments about how abilities granted by other mods or players can even attempt to outstrip those granted by Lord Tekiel, please PM me. I sense that Alvron's fingers are already growing twitchy with the urge to abuse his power and delete this as spam.

6 minutes ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Some people will tell you that there are other mods, even past players, who can bless those playing today. They will tell you that they can feel the presences of those players watching over their shoulders, guiding them in this war against the spambots. They will tell you that they have been promised sweet rewards for their service.

Lies! Only Orlok Tsubodai, Lord Tekiel, He-who-is-always-right, the King of the Mind, can grant you what you truly seek. Wilson, the Black Foe, may feed you the alignments of your enemies if you pray to her. Alvron, the Shadowlord, may manipulate the lynch RNG in your favor. Mailliw, the Flippant Turncoat, may let you carry out extraordinary gambits with a convoluted series of actions. Fifth Scholar, the New Usurper, may promise you a place in his new hierarchy. Yet all of these things make you reliant on divine intervention granted at the whims of higher powers. Only Orlok will give you the power to be truly independent. He will hone your mind to become a deadly trap. What use will you have in following Wilson's reads when you can make your own accurate conclusions? What use will you have in hamfistedly manipulating the lynch when you can persuade the voters to follow your lead? What use will you have for role-based gambits when you can consistently catch eliminators by their words alone? What use will you have in Fifth's hierarchy when you have a place in a much more powerful one? Only Orlok's blessings of mental acuity can give you the consistent results you desire. Anything else is but a sickly sweet temptation that ultimately leaves you at the mercy of your role in these false gods' organizations.

If you have any arguments about how abilities granted by other mods or players can even attempt to outstrip those granted by Lord Tekiel, please PM me. I sense that Alvron's fingers are already growing twitchy with the urge to abuse his power and delete this as spam.

I'd rather just use drugs, thanks for the offer though. 

9 minutes ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Why not worship all of them?

We need the pantheon to work together in this time of crisis.

We need mental acuity, luck, crazy ridiculous role gambits, alignment knowledge, and communication all in one.

The Spammers are a greater threat than petty religious disputes. May the Storm smite them all.

After having a lengthy discussion with the High Priest about the many reasons to follow the path of Tekiel, I have decided that it is in the worlds best I test to convert as many people as possible. That being said, I swear my undying loyalty and allegiance to he-that-...

*reads "The Temptation of the False Gods"*

18 minutes ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Mailliw, the Flippant Turncoat, may let you carry out extraordinary gambits with a convoluted series of actions

I'm sold. @Mailliw772 I would like to swear my alligiance to you. :P

Edited by Furamirionind

46 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

Why not worship all of them?

We need the pantheon to work together in this time of crisis.

We need mental acuity, luck, crazy ridiculous role gambits, alignment knowledge, and communication all in one.

The Spammers are a greater threat than petty religious disputes. May the Storm smite them all.

44 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

After having a lengthy discussion with the High Priest about the many reasons to follow the path of Tekiel, I have decided that it is in the worlds best I test to convert as many people as possible. That being said, I swear my undying loyalty and allegiance to he-that-...

*reads "The Temptation of the False Gods"*

I'm sold. @Mailliw772 I would like to swear my alligiance to you. :P

I have discovered with great disappointment that the downvote button does not exist anymore.

6 hours ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Fifth Scholar, the New Usurper, may promise you a place in his new hierarchy.

Ha. You think the ASWA seeks power? Or that men simply walk into its hierarchy? Or that I’m an usurper in the first place? What have I to usurp? I have no quarrel with your so-called divinities if they simply stand aside in the peacekeeping I seek. 

6 hours ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

What use will you have in Fifth's hierarchy when you have a place in a much more powerful one?

None. Place yourself alongside the other deities and wither, or coexist and attempt not to be destroyed. I seek the second; should not all?

But the simple idea of fitness, healthy fun is subdued by the fact that brainful, supercharged ketomdeluxe diet could be yours within a minute which simple actions which can have large good consequences. 我有一個是最佳選擇⋯⋯這⋯⋯這樣做是因為這樣

Edited by I think I am here.

unknown.png

Huh, Okay. . . That's not Good.

[deleted image]

Roadwalker was Banned! He was Temptation!

Jondesu was Banned! He was Herowannabe's Disciple!

Walin has joined the Game!

PM'S ARE NOW PERMANENTLY CLOSED! (See Player list for details.)

Also, a number of small scale changes have been effected across several roles. We apologize for any disasters this causes.

Turn ends in 48 hours.

Edited by Elbereth

I assume Jon claimed to someone, which ended up in his death, because closing PMs permanently is a pretty big thing. And I was only just beginning to start a strategy which I surefire thought would catch the eliminators using a bunch of PMs. But now that PMs are gone, those two people who I shared my plan with last cycle, should I reveal it now? Because it’s not like I can still use it.

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

I assume Jon claimed to someone, which ended up in his death, because closing PMs permanently is a pretty big thing. And I was only just beginning to start a strategy which I surefire thought would catch the eliminators using a bunch of PMs. But now that PMs are gone, those two people who I shared my plan with last cycle, should I reveal it now? Because it’s not like I can still use it.

Sure, why not?

Well crap. That's decidedly not good, even if Roadwalker did turn out to be an important spammer... I'd love to say more on the subject, but I really should be getting to bed. The important thing is this- there was indeed a situation where we were between Roadwalker and Guest, and Guest was the one who got lynched. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but that's definitely going to make me look at the day one lynch a lot closer. 

7 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Hmm, if it is possible to do it without PMs, or if it involves roles, you should probably keep it quiet as a general rule of thumb...

Though you have peaked my intrest... 

Edited by Furamirionind
There are many reason not to share I think. Though I am tired. And 5his is my third edit where all I do is add to this box...

6 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Hmm, if it is possible to do it without PMs, or if it involves your role, you should probably keep it quiet...

Though you have peaked my intrest... 

Sigh Fura, I may have lied a bit, but this plan involved lying.

8 minutes ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Sure, why not?

Ok. Well, my plan was to go to people in PMs and claim I was Sapphire. Because I know targeting the real account of Sapphire would be useful for the elims, as it would kill/convert two accounts. Then, the next day, if I got targeted by a kill, or by an action, I would know the person I claimed to was an elim. I shared this with Rae and Elandera (and I was going to share it with Wilson, but I accidentally PMd the real Wilson :P) so that they could spread it if I died. And because I needed some justification why I was telling random people I was Sapphire, I made up the role of me having a day scan role, which would also make me target, hence I if I was targeted I knew who the elim was.

And my first target was Fura, who I claimed Day Scanner and Sapphire to. He trusted me, and I was initially going to wait until the cycle to see if I was killed. Which I wasn’t. So yay Fura, I trust you. I was initially going to do this to a lot more people over the course of the game but obviously that was cut a bit short.

So, yeah.

Also, can I just say I told you so when I said Road would also be an elim? Ha! :P

Edited by I think I am here.

Alrighty then, there goes any chance of anyone role claiming to my real account. On the bright side, it also appears that the spammers have been unable to figure out who I am, because I was neither killed or converted, which is a plus. It's a shame they didn't waste their convert or kill on this account though. Would have been hilarious. Furthermore, a vigilante is a good thing. I congratulate you on your successful kill, but please be careful on who you kill here on out. Also, welcome Walin. Nice of you to join the fray. 
I'm going to wait on doing analysis so people can reveal some more information, but I feel we should have enough information from the previous lynch and what people have to make a fairly informed lynch. 
A new challenger approaches! Wait, that's not a new challenger...

Edited by Sapphire Elephant